Author Topic: Alps Appreciation Thread  (Read 2453428 times)

Offline E3E

Re: Alps Appreciation Thread
« Reply #950 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:16:42 »
I made a Matais custom and have been super happy with it!

(Attachment Link)

And I thought the TEX Beetle was bad...

I think his custom is actually quite charming and personal! Good work, shareandenjoy. :)

Offline shareandenjoy

« Reply #951 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:24:59 »

(Attachment Link)

I think his custom is actually quite charming and personal! Good work, shareandenjoy. :)

Thanks!  I realize the layout is not for everyone, but it works for me.  I simply never use the right side modifiers and always use the arrows.  It was a no brainier from my perspective.

One of the cool things about this hobby is if you don't like something or want to try a different approach you can always roll your own!

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #952 on: Sun, 21 February 2016, 18:43:04 »

(Attachment Link)

Thanks!  I realize the layout is not for everyone, but it works for me.  I simply never use the right side modifiers and always use the arrows.  It was a no brainier from my perspective.

One of the cool things about this hobby is if you don't like something or want to try a different approach you can always roll your own!
Exactly. What that guy doesn't realize is that nobody cares that he doesn't like your keyboard.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #953 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 07:42:42 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm really digging this layout. Definitely suits my typing style. Got any pictures of the the bottom? Did you make your own PCB or handwire the switches?

Offline BlueNalgene

« Reply #954 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:16:42 »

(Attachment Link)

I don't think I could function without a right shift, and that is all everyone is talking about on this board.  You should get some love for the DIY aesthetics.  I may have to use hardboard panels on my next project.

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #955 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:36:43 »

(Attachment Link)

I don't think I could function without a right shift, and that is all everyone is talking about on this board.  You should get some love for the DIY aesthetics.  I may have to use hardboard panels on my next project.

It makes me wish I didn't use right shift so I can do stuff like that. As it turns out I use right shift exclusively just like shareandenjoy uses left shift exclusively :S

Offline piemancoder

« Reply #956 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:38:41 »
I recently got an alps board that I love, but it's kind of different than most alps board. It's an IBM 5954339, with vintage Alps SKCC Green. I got it NIB, so I know that use is not the problem, but even though the DT wiki says they are linear, they definitely feel tactile. I would have been kind of disappointed, but I am loving these switches. They feel very nice, and I absolutely love them. The keycaps also feel awesome, and look very cool too. But does anybody know if this is just something that my keyboard has?
Yoda grammar best has

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #957 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 16:51:15 »
I’d love to share a custom Alps board I just made…only I didn’t make it. I merely harvested the switches and had the good sense to let a maestro do the rest. I did choose the color way, but that’s about as significant as a fifth grader finally coloring within the lines for the first time.

As some of you may have done, I noticed some postings of an artisan on instagram, and asked to learn about his work. When the chance came to commission something from him, I took it.

The PCB is remarkably a DIY effort in rich terra cotta tones with reflective copper traces etched by toner-transfer paper ironed on with individual holes meticulously drilled. The Teensy is soldered directly to the PCB, and I kept the bottom convertible style to admire the workmanship. The wood frame is made from white oak and allows the switch actuation to resonate without reverberation. It’s also decidedly craftsman, hand-made, and befitting of the 30-year-old switches and caps.

The key caps are from an Apple M0116 and dyed with Dylon multipurpose dye in kingfisher blue, tangerine orange, and emerald green. I was torn between accenting the HHKB arrow cluster or my home row IJKL arrows, but the homing dots being on the old school D and K keys swayed me to focus on highlighting the home row.

Comparing this custom 60% with an HHKB is somewhat incongruent as they have such different construction, but since I want to use both boards in a rotation, it’s an interesting juxtaposition. The salmon Alps switches mounted on a metal plate are a good deal more percussive than topre switches. But the feeling of plastic on steel is a lot more crisp and offers greater auditory feedback than the topre’s plastic-on-plastic pairing. When more subtle feedback is targeted, there’s no beating an HHKB with Hypersphere’s silencing rings. They’re the clear choice when working on the phone, but when you want a rapturous racket, salmon or orange Alps get it done.

The robustness of the USB connection on this custom is great. While I’ve read the HHKB USB port may be rated for only 500 connections (no idea if that’s accurate), this connection is stress relieved by being fastened to a connector secured to the frame and cable tethered to the teensy. It will still be strong to handle my fumbling fingers if/when I get Parkinson’s and can’t manage a steady mount…doctors say all of us dudes are headed for Parkinson’s or prostrate issues if we live long enough, so might as well enjoy great keyboards along the way.

The Teensy is TMK formatted, and I’m able to preserve all my Karabiner shortcuts and more. We have momentary Fn keys bound to keys on each side of the spacebar ( `~ and \| ) and the Esc key so any chording is flexible and convenient. Also mouse keys, media keys, Apple-specific keys, and navigational keys (home, end, page up/down, scrolling) are all incorporated.

This craftsman lives in Sweden and his handle on GH is Yoe. Selfish bugger that I am, I’d prefer keeping him a secret (as if I had such magical powers) and hoard his skills, but he deserves the recognition. And ironically, it’s a strikingly Swedish characteristic to humbly shun such accolades. I’m in line to have him make a custom “Happy Alps” board (unfortunately it requires sacrificing both an M0116 and an AEK to approximate an HHKB layout), but he’s ready to start taking on a few more projects.
129163-0
129165-1
129167-2

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #958 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:23:16 »
I’d love to share a custom Alps board I just made…only I didn’t make it. I merely harvested the switches and had the good sense to let a maestro do the rest. I did choose the color way, but that’s about as significant as a fifth grader finally coloring within the lines for the first time.

As some of you may have done, I noticed some postings of an artisan on instagram, and asked to learn about his work. When the chance came to commission something from him, I took it.

The PCB is remarkably a DIY effort in rich terra cotta tones with reflective copper traces etched by toner-transfer paper ironed on with individual holes meticulously drilled. The Teensy is soldered directly to the PCB, and I kept the bottom convertible style to admire the workmanship. The wood frame is made from white oak and allows the switch actuation to resonate without reverberation. It’s also decidedly craftsman, hand-made, and befitting of the 30-year-old switches and caps.

The key caps are from an Apple M0116 and dyed with Dylon multipurpose dye in kingfisher blue, tangerine orange, and emerald green. I was torn between accenting the HHKB arrow cluster or my home row IJKL arrows, but the homing dots being on the old school D and K keys swayed me to focus on highlighting the home row.

Comparing this custom 60% with an HHKB is somewhat incongruent as they have such different construction, but since I want to use both boards in a rotation, it’s an interesting juxtaposition. The salmon Alps switches mounted on a metal plate are a good deal more percussive than topre switches. But the feeling of plastic on steel is a lot more crisp and offers greater auditory feedback than the topre’s plastic-on-plastic pairing. When more subtle feedback is targeted, there’s no beating an HHKB with Hypersphere’s silencing rings. They’re the clear choice when working on the phone, but when you want a rapturous racket, salmon or orange Alps get it done.

The robustness of the USB connection on this custom is great. While I’ve read the HHKB USB port may be rated for only 500 connections (no idea if that’s accurate), this connection is stress relieved by being fastened to a connector secured to the frame and cable tethered to the teensy. It will still be strong to handle my fumbling fingers if/when I get Parkinson’s and can’t manage a steady mount…doctors say all of us dudes are headed for Parkinson’s or prostrate issues if we live long enough, so might as well enjoy great keyboards along the way.

The Teensy is TMK formatted, and I’m able to preserve all my Karabiner shortcuts and more. We have momentary Fn keys bound to keys on each side of the spacebar ( `~ and \| ) and the Esc key so any chording is flexible and convenient. Also mouse keys, media keys, Apple-specific keys, and navigational keys (home, end, page up/down, scrolling) are all incorporated.

This craftsman lives in Sweden and his handle on GH is Yoe. Selfish bugger that I am, I’d prefer keeping him a secret (as if I had such magical powers) and hoard his skills, but he deserves the recognition. And ironically, it’s a strikingly Swedish characteristic to humbly shun such accolades. I’m in line to have him make a custom “Happy Alps” board (unfortunately it requires sacrificing both an M0116 and an AEK to approximate an HHKB layout), but he’s ready to start taking on a few more projects.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
Awesome board. Honestly, it's just as well you chose not to withhold the builder. To anyone who's been around GH for the last year, that case and quality dye job scream Yoe.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #959 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 17:54:52 »
Knew it was Yoe as soon as I saw the dyed caps. :cool:

The whole idea of making a custom PCB sounds sweet.

Is there another guide on it somewhere?

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #960 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 18:05:37 »
Is there another guide on it somewhere?

I’m sure there are numerous guides around. It’s not that “complicated” to build from scratch with a kit, but it is massively comprehensive (and creating your own PCB as Yoe has done is numerous levels above “comprehensive”). Starting out with a kit is probably the way to go. The Atreus is a kit with a lot of great instructions and all the pieces sourced in one place. The Infinity 60% kit is another. There’s a list of workshop guides on Deskthority and I’m sure there’s numerous threads here as well.

https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/brownfox-step-by-step-t6050.html

Offline shareandenjoy

« Reply #961 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 19:04:00 »

(Attachment Link)

I'm really digging this layout. Definitely suits my typing style. Got any pictures of the the bottom? Did you make your own PCB or handwire the switches?

It was handwired, I have put a little build log here https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79741.0.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #962 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 19:19:35 »
Thanks guys. I hope to wire this guy with all its caps into its own little board with custom PCB: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Apple-A2M4100-IIc-ROM-3-computer-in-excellent-shape-no-yellowing-/222025013571?hash=item33b1b8d943:g:XpkAAOSwG-1WwiK~

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #963 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 20:46:08 »
Thanks guys. I hope to wire this guy with all its caps into its own little board with custom PCB: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Apple-A2M4100-IIc-ROM-3-computer-in-excellent-shape-no-yellowing-/222025013571?hash=item33b1b8d943:g:XpkAAOSwG-1WwiK~

YOU bought that? grrrrrrrr it was in my grasp!  :))

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #964 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 22:02:09 »
Funny thing, I thought I had lost it initially.  I was on a campout and saw the winning bidder and it was not my username. Was kinda peeved considering I put in a snipe of 100$ and it ended at 95.

When I got home turns out I had won. I was really happy. Not only can I try amber alps, but the caps are spectacular. I need to know how to keep the spacebar white though. I don't want light gray caps with a piss yellow spacebar.

But I hope you can win a different one.

Here are a few that are still possible:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1984-Vintage-Apple-IIC-Computer-with-external-drive-and-software-/111906112017?hash=item1a0e1fc211:g:zIMAAOSwPc9Wwj3L
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-APPLE-IIC-COMPUTER-WITH-POWER-SUPPLY-3-5-EXTERNAL-DRIVE-COLLECT-VINTAGE-/272122023510?hash=item3f5bbc8e56:g:Nb4AAOSwa-dWr~Ip
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-2c-iic-Computer-Tested-and-turns-on-no-cords-/231832876944?hash=item35fa50f790:g:ArcAAOSw5IJWguHb

Keep in mind you want the ones with grayish keys and a plate that you can see.  If the space between the keys is shiny like this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-IIc-computer-c-no-PS-marked-case-some-yellowing-Vintage-Hardware-/181795738857?hash=item2a53ded4e9:g:dm8AAOSw3ydVnKE~

Then it is the older variant that does not have amber alps or even have alps compatible caps.  Best of luck!  :thumb:

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #965 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 22:12:59 »
I may have been a little dramatic...  :p I was the original bid of $65 which I lost in a few hours. You got it at a good price though, ROM 3's usually go for $20 or more than what you got it for.

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #966 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:08:25 »
Oh lol okay then  :))

The seller is in Florida, I might even get it tomorrow.  I don't think any of these are gonna sell for that cheap anymore unfortunately.  I kinda caught on the prices when I looked up the sold listings.  I am quite surprised that I won.  I thought for sure someone would go just barely above my bid and snipe it out of my hands.

Also, why are the ROM 3's so desirable?

Offline sean

• Mechanical newb
« Reply #967 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:10:12 »
Oh lol okay then  :))

The seller is in Florida, I might even get it tomorrow.  I don't think any of these are gonna sell for that cheap anymore unfortunately.  I kinda caught on the prices when I looked up the sold listings.  I am quite surprised that I won.  I thought for sure someone would go just barely above my bid and snipe it out of my hands.

Also, why are the ROM 3's so desirable?

They're the ones with amber Alps.

Edit: Memory Expansion models have them too according to DT
Edit 2: Memory Expansion is ROM 3  :confused:
« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:17:44 by sean »

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #968 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:26:39 »
Made my own thread a while back but I thought I share it here, my SGI Granite swapped with SKCM Orange and SKCL Greens. The SKCL Greens were some extras laying around from my V60 MTS Backlight project. That will be for another day though. Still need proper resistors for the backlight. Otherwise the V60 right now works besides the Windows keys.

Grey Plate Oranges as well :)

« Last Edit: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:28:28 by Mattr567 »
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #969 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 23:33:37 »
Made my own thread a while back but I thought I share it here, my SGI Granite swapped with SKCM Orange and SKCL Greens. The SKCL Greens were some extras laying around from my V60 MTS Backlight project. That will be for another day though. Still need proper resistors for the backlight. Otherwise the V60 right now works besides the Windows keys.

Very nice.  Orange alps are always very photogenic.  How are the caps on the SGI? I have never tried them before.  How do they hold up to say, Dell AT101W caps?

Good luck with the greens project :)

Offline Mattr567

« Reply #970 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 00:02:16 »

Very nice.  Orange alps are always very photogenic.  How are the caps on the SGI? I have never tried them before.  How do they hold up to say, Dell AT101W caps?

Good luck with the greens project :)

Basically no comparison. AT101W's are thin lazered ABS that yellow quiet badly. With the SGI you get Alps Electric produced thick dye sub PBT. It really makes the SKCM Oranges pop. Early SKCM Salmon Dell AT101's are the same - made by Alps Electric not Slitek.

The Green Alps V60 has been going on for some time actually :D The keyboard works (mostly), the holes have been cut in the Greens and the LEDs have been installed and soldered in! All I need now is to install resistors, run a bit of wire to fix some lifted LED pads and im good!

I have the bolts and nuts on the way for my Model M that needs a bolt mod very badly. Basically the right half of the QWERTY section of the board is **** and loose. The V60 is on hold until then. At least ive gotten to the point where the board is functional!
Wang 725-3770 SKCM Brown, 1995
Zenith 163-73 - SKCM Blue, 1990
KBP V60 MTS - SKCM Amber w/ Canon HiPros
IBM P77, SKCC Green, 1984
IBM P70 - Alps Plate Spring, 1989
Compaq MX 11800, MX Black, 1997

Offline E3E

« Reply #971 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 05:45:30 »
The Green Alps V60 has been going on for some time actually :D The keyboard works (mostly), the holes have been cut in the Greens and the LEDs have been installed and soldered in! All I need now is to install resistors, run a bit of wire to fix some lifted LED pads and im good!

Soon...

Your Alps shall shine!

Can't wait to see them light up, man. What color LEDs are you using? I LOVE Alps keyboards that are deceiving and look like they might be MX boards at first glance. Backlighting is so atypical for Alps, that such a thing contributes a ton to that "sleeper" look, imo.

With the new Infinity PCB also allowing for LEDs, a lot of backlit Alps builds are possible now, whether simply using Matias switches and soldering the LEDs on the rear of the PCB and bending them to shine through the MX switch wells, or doing what Mattr and I are doing and drilling holes in each Linear Complicated Alps housing in order to use 2x5x7mm LEDs.

For me, I went with Duck Eagle PCBs as they were the only option I thought of at the time. I had no idea the V60MTS was possible to set up for backlighting until Mattr and Itzmeluigi figured it out.

The customizability of a Duck PCB though, is a nice benefit, regardless. :)

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #972 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:07:38 »
Man I need me an alps pcb for my lz. I don't know how to contact LZ and leeku said that he don't know who makes the plate and he don't have stock for the pcb

and he said I need to contact LZ for more info

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #973 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:16:24 »
Man I need me an alps pcb for my lz. I don't know how to contact LZ and leeku said that he don't know who makes the plate and he don't have stock for the pcb

He is here as well.

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #974 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:18:31 »

He is here as well.
Ok i'm gonna try pming him!

Offline E3E

« Reply #975 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:24:01 »

He is here as well.

Good luck dude. Looking forward to hearing if you get one!

Henz, did you manage to get yourself a PCB and plate for your LZ?

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #976 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 06:25:46 »

He is here as well.

E3E reply to me pm ples!

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #977 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:24:42 »
I may have bought one too many boards from Japan. Prices not including international shipping... :))

I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #978 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:27:48 »
I may have bought one too many boards from Japan. Prices not including international shipping... :))

Show Image

so you're the one who outbid my bidding on the sharp x68k
I think that you westerners are asleep and i won the bidding

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #979 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:30:19 »
Which one?  ;D
I proxy anything including keyboards (キーボード / 鍵盤), from both Japan (日本) and China (中國). For more information, you may visit my dedicated webpage here: https://www.keyboards.es/proxying.html

View my current and past keyboards here: https://deskthority.net/wiki/User:Blaise170

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #980 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:31:09 »

Show Image

Uh....meetup again so I can play with all these? What a haul!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That's a lovely board :D

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #981 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:32:53 »

Show Image

Google tells me that's about $850 USD. Not bad for such a large quantity. Do you plan on selling any of them?

My boards:
More

Offline Blaise170

• * Esteemed Elder
  • ALPS キーボード
    • XYZ
« Reply #982 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:34:43 »
Haha I was actually thinking about getting one setup for March sometime. Probably one of the last times I'll be available before I move to Boston for awhile.  :eek:

Google tells me that's about $850 USD. Not bad for such a large quantity. Do you plan on selling any of them?

I'll probably end up selling a large portion of it since I need to recoup some of the costs. Shipping to the US will probably end up costing me another ¥35.000 or so and I can't afford to hold onto all of them. Don't have space now and I'll have even less in a Boston apartment. :))
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:37:19 by Blaise170 »

Offline bocahgundul

• a seal
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #983 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 07:35:20 »
Which one?  ;D
that sharp x68000 with green alps

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #984 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 08:03:09 »
Haha I was actually thinking about getting one setup for March sometime. Probably one of the last times I'll be available before I move to Boston for awhile.  :eek:

I'll probably end up selling a large portion of it since I need to recoup some of the costs. Shipping to the US will probably end up costing me another ¥35.000 or so and I can't afford to hold onto all of them. Don't have space now and I'll have even less in a Boston apartment. :))

Dude I'll take some white dampened, blue and salmon alps off your hands :p

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #985 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 09:43:34 »

Dude I'll take some white dampened, blue and salmon alps off your hands :p

I want white dampened Alps too! I'll take the leftovers, Venatorious :) Only need thirty or so of them I think... (switches, that is. not boards... )

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #986 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 11:39:56 »
I just hit the green Alps jackpot omg haha, thats not including Z-150 i got yesterday also.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #987 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 11:43:11 »
I just hit the green Alps jackpot omg haha, thats not including Z-150 i got yesterday also.

Show Image

Cool, I'll take some.  ;D

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #988 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:04:32 »
Please guys, stop killing off these old Zeniths D: . They've got looks, character, beautiful badges, NKRO and are built infinitely better than anything you could possibly transplant the switches into D: . They really don't deserve such a cruel fate :'( .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #989 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:06:33 »

Show Image

Such greenery <3

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #990 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:37:10 »
Please guys, stop killing off these old Zeniths D: . They've got looks, character, beautiful badges, NKRO and are built infinitely better than anything you could possibly transplant the switches into D: . They really don't deserve such a cruel fate :'( .
I received the boards this way, i actually didnt take them apart. Im going to restore the boards in the picture to working order. I already have a bag full of SKCL Greens so i dont need to desolder these boards.

Show Image

Such greenery <3

Greenery level is over 9000, i have so many of them that its impossible to use them all  :))

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:29:42 by itzmeluigi »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #991 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:53:42 »
I received the boards this way, i actually didnt take them apart. Im going to restore the boards in the picture to working order. I already have a bag full of SKCL Greens so i dont need to desoler these boards.

Show Image

Such greenery <3

Greenery level is over 9000, i have so many of them that its impossible to use them all  :))

I can take some of those greens off your hands. You need some orange, right?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #992 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 13:59:54 »
I received the boards this way, i actually didnt take them apart. Im going to restore the boards in the picture to working order. I already have a bag full of SKCL Greens so i dont need to desoler these boards.

Show Image

Such greenery <3

haha, That's exactly what I was thinking. WTT M0115's for Zeniths :D

Offline harlw

« Reply #993 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:10:16 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Hey, you made the PCB and case, that's building a keyboard by my definition :D

I enjoy seeing your work on Instagram, keep it up!. Mind sharing your PCB mask?
Ergodox (x2), V.EA Clone, Tada68, Atreus XL, Planck, Model M 70% Mod

Offline itzmeluigi

• ПБТ
« Reply #994 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:19:55 »

Show Image

Such greenery <3

I have plenty of Oranges, i have three M0116's with Oranges, a bag of 60 Oranges, and a ABS M1 full of Oranges  :)

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #995 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:34:34 »

Show Image

Such greenery <3

I have plenty of Oranges, i have three M0116's with Oranges, a bag of 60 Oranges, and a ABS M1 full of Oranges  :)

I'm looking for oranges, too...  :'(

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #996 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 14:48:56 »

(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Hey, you made the PCB and case, that's building a keyboard by my definition :D

I enjoy seeing your work on Instagram, keep it up!. Mind sharing your PCB mask?

Mixing us up? ;) No worries! The pcb mask as either pdf or expresspcb file is available here, along with cads for the plate if you want to laser cut instead of dremel cutting the original plate. For M0116, go with the Y62 files.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76738.0

Thanks! And, yeh I would consider this a joint effort with seaworthy, but he keeps giving me all the credit. Don't let him! :D That color way is all his. I'm the one coloring within the lines :)

Offline Venatorious

• Gotta Start Somewhere
« Reply #997 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:15:07 »

Show Image

I want some too but you love green alps more than anything so I don't think that will happen.  May I ask where you got them?

Your ABS M1 is something I am interested in too.  A modern fullsize alps keyboard is hard to come by.

Offline mseaworthy

« Reply #998 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:23:54 »

Mixing us up? ;) No worries! The pcb mask as either pdf or expresspcb file is available here, along with cads for the plate if you want to laser cut instead of dremel cutting the original plate. For M0116, go with the Y62 files.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=76738.0

Thanks! And, yeh I would consider this a joint effort with seaworthy, but he keeps giving me all the credit. Don't let him! :D That color way is all his. I'm the one coloring within the lines :)

Yes…we’re "pretty much" equals. We’re Chippendales. He’s Adrian. I’m Barney.

« Last Edit: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:36:21 by mseaworthy »

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #999 on: Tue, 23 February 2016, 15:35:14 »

He is here as well.

Bocu is my pimp, I'm counting on him. I have a sgi board waiting to be salvaged for this :)