Author Topic: Doing them Splits ?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Doing them Splits ?
« on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 12:04:19 »
So, it looks cool..

But is this like, a skill a wild human would've acquired ?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
Re: Doing them Splits ?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 13:30:35 »
They could have been climbing between two trees to get a coconut down and the trees gradualy bowed outwards as they went up?  Other than that, I don't think so :))
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 20:44:56 »
Unlikely as they didn't have trucks in the wild.

Or in prehistoric times.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 31 October 2018, 21:04:20 »
Unlikely as they didn't have trucks in the wild.

Or in prehistoric times.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 13:14:15 »
Playing video backwards? Do you think that he started in the extended position and raised from it.  That would explain the trucks going in reverse; something near impossible while hooked up to a trailer.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 13:28:34 »
I don't think those are articulated trailers as they look very close to the cab, if not they're just a big van in terms of steering.  Either that or that's the amazing invention they're tryng to showcase?  Backwards or not it's a pretty crazy place to be demonstrating doing the splits!
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline kurplop

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 13:31:28 »
Either way, I agree that it could cause a lot of Van-Damage.

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 17:20:43 »
Playing video backwards? Do you think that he started in the extended position and raised from it.  That would explain the trucks going in reverse; something near impossible while hooked up to a trailer.
Not a trick, these have computer assisted reverse and this was their way of showing it off.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline kurplop

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 17:27:35 »
Not a trick, these have computer assisted reverse and this was their way of showing it off.

It that's true, and I trust your judgement, I can now resume my practice of doing splits between trucks driving backwards. Three cheers for Swedish technology!

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 01 November 2018, 17:42:16 »
Tesla trucks are going to be awesome.. !!

Offline Kavik

« Reply #10 on: Fri, 09 November 2018, 16:13:16 »
My understanding is that the side split is only possible with the toes pointed up because the hips have to be in external rotation to abduct that much, but somehow Van Damme is able to do it in that video with not only his toes forward, but his heels down (meaning he also has incredible ankle flexibility too).

I think whether "wild humans" would have discovered this movement is dependent on their individual anthropometry. I'd probably break my hip socks and tear my hip adductors trying to so side splits, but others have no issues. I imagine early ape people probably had better flexibility.

I also did not realize that video is five years old.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.