Author Topic: Today is a great day for my mechanical keyboard journey  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Neo.X

Today is a great day for my mechanical keyboard journey
« on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 22:27:33 »
Not only I got the Realforce 10th u55g version to complete my Topre collection, but also I got my first IBM Model M keyboard.  :D :D

The built quality of the Model M is superb, the stablizer wire is twice the size of MX's  :) The only drawback is the noise, I can't type on it too much at night.

The Realforce 55g feels great, even better than the silent version which was my favorite.

Cheers
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Today is a great day for my mechanical keyboard journey
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 22:31:11 »
Woo!  Congratulations!

Really walking the tight rope of exclusivity there :)

No wonder the model Ms are still going strong - they were built to last.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline cwang1004

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 22:39:26 »
Congrats! I can't wait to complete my topre collection one day. Those uniform 55g are pretty hard to find now days.
Realforce 87U Variable
HHKB Professional 2 Type-S

Leopold FC660M w/ brown
Filcos TKL w/ brown, clear.
KMAC2 87 w/ clear
KMAC1.2 87 w/ blue.

Offline Neo.X

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 22:44:22 »
Congrats! I can't wait to complete my topre collection one day. Those uniform 55g are pretty hard to find now days.

I wait a long time for this, and finally got it from a member here. Thanks Geekhack  :) (My wallet hates geekhack though.)
All those keyboards will be lost in time....

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 December 2012, 23:11:03 »
You're welcome. I'm glad you like it. :D

10th Anniversary Edition, too, with those pretty grey and blue keycaps.

I'd rather someone have it that will actually use it, rather than letting it sit in its box in my closet.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 05 December 2012, 21:43:07 »
The 55g AE is probably one of my favorite boards ever. Having a hard time deciding between that and the HHKB.

Congrats!