Author Topic: [GB] GMK Mecha-01  (Read 77771 times)

Offline psxndc

[GB] GMK Mecha-01
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 27 June 2021, 11:17:39 »
I really wish people would stop with the live edge slab river tables. They’re not original anymore and look what it’s doing to the mk community.

/s
Ortho. Always.

Offline Ranker2

Re: [GB] GMK Mecha-01
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 27 July 2021, 01:01:01 »
Has there been a vendor selected for a matching keyboard cable?

Offline Zethia

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 15:40:54 »
If anyone missed it or still needs one, Novelkeys has extras of the deskpad for $20 here: https://novelkeys.com/collections/deskpads/products/mecha-01-deskpad-gb

They also have a clearance priced misprint of the pad made from an older file. It has green lines instead of red, and features the original name "GMKUNIT-01" instead of the final "GMKMECHA-01". It's available for $12 here: https://novelkeys.com/collections/deskpads/products/mecha-01-deskpad

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 22:22:00 »
I forgot I even ordered this it's been so long... I'd like to cancel if possible.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 04:50:24 »
Just got an update from GMK that these should ship out within 2 weeks to vendors!

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #55 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 04:54:59 »
Just got an update from GMK that these should ship out within 2 weeks to vendors!
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Offline youser11

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 11:14:07 »
Any news on extras ?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

Offline Tyson

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 13:03:02 »
Any news on extras ?

Bruh, the set hasn't even shipped to vendors yet, I'm sure there will be extras once they arrive and the orders are shipped out.

Offline youser11

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 08 October 2021, 13:49:42 »
Any news on extras ?

Bruh, the set hasn't even shipped to vendors yet, I'm sure there will be extras once they arrive and the orders are shipped out.
True lol

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #59 on: Tue, 19 October 2021, 23:28:29 »
so damn hyped to get this!

Offline winhhh

« Reply #60 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 06:49:30 »
Any further updates?
Itching to get my hands on these :'(

Offline crabbapples

« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 11:23:00 »
Prototypist says they got them yesterday. Deskhero says delivery estimated Nov/Dec. NovelKeys seems to have gotten worse with updates recently, so no word from them is disappointing.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #62 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 11:58:39 »
Prototypist says they got them yesterday. Deskhero says delivery estimated Nov/Dec. NovelKeys seems to have gotten worse with updates recently, so no word from them is disappointing.

Latest updates from us can always been found here - https://novelkeys.com/pages/Product-Updates

They are still in transit to us. Shipping is pretty slow these days, without much tracking updates for us.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 05 November 2021, 16:18:18 »
Not sure what you want them to say when theres no news...?

Offline psxndc

« Reply #64 on: Sat, 06 November 2021, 14:57:43 »

Latest updates from us can always been found here - https://novelkeys.com/pages/Product-Updates

They are still in transit to us. Shipping is pretty slow these days, without much tracking updates for us.
No need to ship mine, I'm just gonna swim out to the container ship stuck off the coast of Long Beach and pick it up there. Kthnx.
Ortho. Always.

Offline Sedula

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 10:05:51 »
The fact that the kits haven't been received is news. Buyers have no idea what's going on unless sellers communicate with us. Silence could mean, "They're still in transit," as it did here. Or it could mean, "We got them a week ago but haven't been able to start shipping them yet," or, "We've shipped X% but still have Y% to go," or, "We've shipped them all, so if you didn't get your shipping notice, something went wrong," or, "We've decided to keep everything and make a big jenga tower of the boxes."

The idea that "no change in status" is the same as "there's nothing to communicate" is a depressingly common wrong assumption in this community. Taking thirty seconds once every week or two (or longer, if you give the date for the next update and then actually make it on time, even if all you're saying is, "Yup, nothing new to report, we'll check back in another month") to let your buyers know that you're still engaged with the process requires almost zero effort but goes a long way to assuaging concerns in this hobby where later-than-predicted delivery dates are the norm even outside an ongoing global pandemic that's been disrupting production and distribution for nearly two years.

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 10:51:45 »
The fact that the kits haven't been received is news. Buyers have no idea what's going on unless sellers communicate with us. Silence could mean, "They're still in transit," as it did here. Or it could mean, "We got them a week ago but haven't been able to start shipping them yet," or, "We've shipped X% but still have Y% to go," or, "We've shipped them all, so if you didn't get your shipping notice, something went wrong," or, "We've decided to keep everything and make a big jenga tower of the boxes."

The idea that "no change in status" is the same as "there's nothing to communicate" is a depressingly common wrong assumption in this community. Taking thirty seconds once every week or two (or longer, if you give the date for the next update and then actually make it on time, even if all you're saying is, "Yup, nothing new to report, we'll check back in another month") to let your buyers know that you're still engaged with the process requires almost zero effort but goes a long way to assuaging concerns in this hobby where later-than-predicted delivery dates are the norm even outside an ongoing global pandemic that's been disrupting production and distribution for nearly two years.

While we aren't the OP or designer here, we do try to chime in with updates as soon as we can. However, we do have our dedicated page for updates, which will be updated once the sets are actually received.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAIHiFKJt69HNad6r
    • Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 10:57:21 »

From my customer perspective it’s better to have easy access to the latest information and be confident that when it changes that source will be updated.

With my vendor hat on - For all group buys I’m involved in with Prototypist Keyboards I have a set of Notion Kanban boards. The second I get a new piece of information it’s updated there, whether that be a delivery, an email, some tracking details etc - it’s all updated before I do anything else with the information. That way if there nothing has changed then it’s there on the Kanban board. If something has changed it’s there on the Kanban board and it’s always the very latest up to date info I have.

Even just maintaining that is prob 10-15 hours of work per week. Doing more to say that it hadn’t changed from the previous update would add a lot of clutter to the Kanban notes and add a lot more hours to the workload.

I’m all for making updates more easily and readily accessible (Ive played with four or five methods before settling on Notion), but if providing an update of non value is impacting other duties such as shipping out orders then it needs to be contained.

If you are interested in how I manage them you can see some the detail here: https://prototypist.net/pages/updates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Sedula

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 13:42:54 »
While we aren't the OP or designer here, we do try to chime in with updates as soon as we can. However, we do have our dedicated page for updates, which will be updated once the sets are actually received.
You're not the OP or designer, no—you're a distributor, which means you're an official part of the process and, at this point, the part of the process that has the most accurate information about whether the distributor (you) has received the kits, when you'll be shipping them out, what percentage of them are shipped, etc. Presumably this is a service you are paid to provide and not something you do purely out of the goodness of your heart.

You're clearly already in the thread posting replies as soon as you're criticized. I just think it wouldn't go amiss to proactively post updates, instead of waiting for people to get annoyed enough to say something negative that you then feel you need to quash.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 15:24:42 »

You're not the OP or designer, no—you're a distributor, which means you're an official part of the process and, at this point, the part of the process that has the most accurate information about whether the distributor (you) has received the kits, when you'll be shipping them out, what percentage of them are shipped, etc. Presumably this is a service you are paid to provide and not something you do purely out of the goodness of your heart.

You're clearly already in the thread posting replies as soon as you're criticized. I just think it wouldn't go amiss to proactively post updates, instead of waiting for people to get annoyed enough to say something negative that you then feel you need to quash.

I have to disagree here. This discussion of whether or not to inform people of "no update" this week has been had many times over with many past group buys. Sure, if there is some catastrophic situation like a keyboard GB not getting made (used to happen a bit) then I get the desire for constant *updates*, but you're asking about a GMK set here; it's gonna get made...

Including updates for every group buy in some kind of notification that lists "no change" for every one that hasn't changed simply clogs up the comms. If you purchased through one of the vendors, it's pretty easy to visit their updates page which they have both just stated if the most up to date information.

I get enough pings on my phone as is and certainly don't want an extra 10-15 pings each week for non-update updates.

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 15:54:13 »

I have to disagree here. This discussion of whether or not to inform people of "no update" this week has been had many times over with many past group buys. Sure, if there is some catastrophic situation like a keyboard GB not getting made (used to happen a bit) then I get the desire for constant *updates*, but you're asking about a GMK set here; it's gonna get made...

Including updates for every group buy in some kind of notification that lists "no change" for every one that hasn't changed simply clogs up the comms. If you purchased through one of the vendors, it's pretty easy to visit their updates page which they have both just stated if the most up to date information.

I get enough pings on my phone as is and certainly don't want an extra 10-15 pings each week for non-update updates.

Turn your notifications off then. I purchased something with my hard earned money. That's it... thats the end of the argument. I shouldn't have to track you down for anything regarding the product or service that I purchased... a year+ ago... like come on, let's not try and make it sound looney that ppl want answers. Whether it's been discussed before or not. IM not happy... me, the customer. Idc what some thread came up with. I'm not happy with the transaction and I want answers.

This concept is pretty simple and I'm not sure why we need to insert all these variables into the equation. I paid, I want answers that aren't being given, that makes me unhappy. As a vendor they should want to fix that.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 15:55:55 »

Turn your notifications off then. I purchased something with my hard earned money. That's it... thats the end of the argument. I shouldn't have to track you down for anything regarding the product or service that I purchased... a year+ ago... like come on, let's not try and make it sound looney that ppl want answers. Whether it's been discussed before or not. IM not happy... me, the customer. Idc what some thread came up with. I'm not happy with the transaction and I want answers.

This concept is pretty simple and I'm not sure why we need to insert all these variables into the equation. I paid, I want answers that aren't being given, that makes me unhappy. As a vendor they should want to fix that.

I’m hearing you and want to improve things. Please have a look at GMK Mecha 01 on the link I listed above and tell me what you’d like to see change?

Offline crabbapples

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 07 November 2021, 17:14:12 »

So when you emailed the customers who bought the set through you in early October saying you expected to have it shipping to them by the end of the month, what was that based off? You did not put any kind of update about the shipping in your updates section at that time, it was just a bar that said Manufacturing status. Then the rest of the month rolled past without any other news.

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 08:34:16 »

So when you emailed the customers who bought the set through you in early October saying you expected to have it shipping to them by the end of the month, what was that based off? You did not put any kind of update about the shipping in your updates section at that time, it was just a bar that said Manufacturing status. Then the rest of the month rolled past without any other news.

That was likely based off of information relayed from GMK before it had actually gone out from the factory. As you might be aware shipping times have been really hard to nail down to exact timelines on due to supply chain issues globally. Vendors are not able to rely on the time it took for shipments to be received from GMK in the past. Some shipments get stuck in ports, some get stuck in customs. NK WILL receive this and I'd suggest just paying attention to their update page as its fairly up to date with what they have been told and the fulfillment status of their GBs.  :thumb:

Offline Jet1370

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 08 November 2021, 09:05:37 »
If I may, I'd like to give my two cents as well.  This is the set that got me into the hobby and is the first set I ever bought.  I am beyond excited!  That being said, I think the issue people are having is the email that was sent out.  It gave us a much more precise ETA compared to NK's website.  When the end of the month came around and there was no follow up email with a new ETA, I was disappointed as well.  However, as it's been mentioned, there are SO many factors beyond our control that it doesn't make sense to be upset.  We've all been waiting more than a year now but we're in the end game now.  What's a few more weeks?  On the plus side, the bluray box set for EVA releases tomorrow!

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 00:49:57 »
This is par for course for this space, keycaps and keyboards can sometimes take years to ship, with only 1 or 2 updates. Look in the many threads of ppl waiting for stuff, despite thousands of orders, most ppl don't complain. Btw we are in an unprecedented supply shortage - so it's amplified more so.

Realize how *low stakes* this situation is. And many times in life, wanting the thing is better than having the thing!  :p

Offline excusemeprincess

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 05:26:59 »
Do we have any type of ETA? Got the email like a month ago, came here to see what was up cause I never heard anything else.

Offline tskiller

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 15:56:16 »
No clue, sure seems like this aint ever gonna make it. One of the reasons I'm basically out of the hobby at this point. Tired of giving people two year interest free loans.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 16:55:06 »
No clue, sure seems like this aint ever gonna make it. One of the reasons I'm basically out of the hobby at this point. Tired of giving people two year interest free loans.
You realise the sets are in transit from gmk to vendors right?

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 17:32:26 »
I already have sets on hand and GB sets will be shipped early next week (UK vendor)

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 19:36:58 »
hopefully there's some extras/

Offline VagueOrigin

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 21:11:26 »
This is par for course for this space, keycaps and keyboards can sometimes take years to ship, with only 1 or 2 updates. Look in the many threads of ppl waiting for stuff, despite thousands of orders, most ppl don't complain. Btw we are in an unprecedented supply shortage - so it's amplified more so.

Realize how *low stakes* this situation is. And many times in life, wanting the thing is better than having the thing! 
Nice try, how bout we change that and NOT let mediocre customer service be the norm? Thanks.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #82 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 21:20:04 »

Realize how *low stakes* this situation is. And many times in life, wanting the thing is better than having the thing! 
Nice try, how bout we change that and NOT let mediocre customer service be the norm? Thanks.

What is it you want/expect?
Serious question, because there is an updates page on the vendor websites that you can keep an eye on until you get a shipping notif.

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #83 on: Wed, 10 November 2021, 22:55:55 »
Great to hear the UK and EU vendors might be shipping out soon! Hope we get some pics posted from buyers in those regions when they receive as I'm anxious to see how these colors turned out  :thumb:

Offline excusemeprincess

« Reply #84 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 06:27:47 »
Great to hear the UK and EU vendors might be shipping out soon! Hope we get some pics posted from buyers in those regions when they receive as I'm anxious to see how these colors turned out  :thumb:
Pictures popped up today in a discord I'm in. It looks great TBH.

Offline Lyle88

« Reply #85 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 15:15:19 »
Which server?

Offline excusemeprincess

« Reply #86 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 15:47:10 »
Which server?

Gothcaps

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 11 November 2021, 15:59:41 »

Gothcaps

Pics looks ****ing awesome cannot wait for NK to ship these out  :thumb:

Offline winhhh

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 14 November 2021, 19:42:20 »
I already have sets on hand and GB sets will be shipped early next week (UK vendor)

Any extras available and do you ship to Australia?!

Offline mgsickler

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 08:53:54 »
Shipment just arrived. Hammerhead and Mecha were on the same shipment, so we will process Hammerhead first, and then Mecha-01. Expect all of these to ship out by the end of this week.

Offline Jae-3soteric

• Jae | Top Clack
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 08:56:22 »
All Uk orders have shipped - extras next week

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:15:15 »
Shipment just arrived. Hammerhead and Mecha were on the same shipment, so we will process Hammerhead first, and then Mecha-01. Expect all of these to ship out by the end of this week.

Sweet. Looking forward to getting Mecha-01 finally. Thanks for the heads up.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 15:31:17 »
Fingers crossed customers might get it in hand before Thanksgiving!  :thumb:

Offline excusemeprincess

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 15 November 2021, 17:43:27 »
I'm STOKED

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #94 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 09:20:08 »
Just got my shipping label for my GB order! So excited to finally get this after all these months!  :thumb:

Offline YoungTerror

« Reply #95 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 13:49:20 »
Just got my shipping notice from NK as well.

Offline ZoomBoy

« Reply #96 on: Tue, 16 November 2021, 15:40:05 »
Just received my shipment notification from my Canadian vendor. Very excited.

Offline SpinningHook

• "I can't know how to hear anymore about tables!."
« Reply #97 on: Sat, 20 November 2021, 14:40:57 »
Really digging how it turned out.
"Brevity is the soul of wit."

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 20 November 2021, 18:05:54 »
Really happy with how the colors came out on this set! Well worth the wait. The red katakana legends look awesome on the Berserk kit!  :thumb:

Offline Smoothie

« Reply #99 on: Sat, 20 November 2021, 18:58:09 »
Love how they turned out, especially with how they match the EVA Space65 so well!!!!278916-0278918-1