Author Topic: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit (Over)  (Read 105381 times)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
[GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit (Over)
« on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 20:42:02 »
Ok guys and gals, here we go.  This is the official GB for the Alps DCS Infinity mods kit. 

Colors for the kit are NN (black)/BX (Teal blue) and are done in double shot abs with a DCS profile so that it matches the majority of existing alps caps.  Font for the caps will be Cherry. 
96840-0

The 2 logos for the kit are being generously donated by Nubbinator, njbair and jdcarpe.  An ultra huge thanks to you guys for the suggestions and donating to get these done.  I sincerely hope that they will be used again in the future for many more custom Alps keycap sets.   :thumb:

Nubbinator: 1.25x "Alps" mountain logo.  njbair: 1x "Alps" mountain logo. 
More

jdcarpe:  "Glider" logo (minus the grids)
More

Pricing:  (current pledges to MOQ in parenthesis to the right of the pricing - I will be updating this every couple days unless there is no change)
I have added a small amount to the initial costs to cover shipping to me, but they still don't include the paypal and shipping from me.

Infinity Kit  (total pledges:  66) Final order #
25 sets                   $59.16 per set   (20)
50 sets                   $43.22 per set   (35) <---- we are here  :thumb:
75 sets                   $37.78 per set   (6)
100 sets                 $35.36 per set   (1)

Optional Modifier Kit   (total pledges:  54)  Final order number
25 sets                   $13.49 per set   (26) <---- we are here (only 4 more pledges to 25 or 50 MOQ to hit our goal)
50 sets                   $8.99 per set   (21)
75 sets                   $7.65 per set   (2)
100 sets                 $6.77 per set   (2)

Ideally, if we can get to the 50 MOQ tier, the pricing will get much better(Accomplished!).  The order form is done similar to a Massdrop style of entry for the GB so that we can track where we are on MOQ and help people that are on the fence in case they are worried about the buy not making the tier they want.  (Thanks to Mashby and enigcoder for the help).

Current status:
(6/11/15)  Preparing invoices
(6/19/15)  All invoices sent
(7/13/15)  Placed order with SP
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 December 2015, 22:56:55 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
Re: [GB] Alps DCS Infinity modifier kit
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:19:44 »
Awesome! Am I first to respond?

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:21:37 »
And signed up.

And to maybe encourage people to sign up, I'll be making some Alps Dollies and maybe some other random Alps cap to randomly be given away starting at the 50 mark.  I'll make one cap for every multiple of ten, so 5 at 50, 6 at 60, 7 at 70, with a max of 10 at 100.
« Last Edit: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:27:04 by nubbinator »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:22:57 »
Awesome! Am I first to respond?

You were  :thumb:  Thanks for all of the support in this. 

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:23:32 »
I think the wording was a tad confusing where the form calls it the Optional Infinity Kit. It's actually the non-Infinity keys that are optional.

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:25:37 »
I think the wording was a tad confusing where the form calls it the Optional Infinity Kit. It's actually the non-Infinity keys that are optional.

Noted, fixing it now, thanks. 

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 19:28:35 »

Noted, fixing it now, thanks.
NP. I bought two anyway!!

My boards:
More

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 20:06:40 »
And signed up.

And to maybe encourage people to sign up, I'll be making some Alps Dollies and maybe some other random Alps cap to randomly be given away starting at the 50 mark.  I'll make one cap for every multiple of ten, so 5 at 50, 6 at 60, 7 at 70, with a max of 10 at 100.

Awesome!  Thank you as well for all of the help on this. 

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 20:11:55 »
Nice one!!! I'm into it!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 20:38:57 »
Not signing up right now, but I don't think I'll be able to resist

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #10 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 20:46:31 »
And signed up.

This is awesome. Wish I had some kind of skills to offer here.

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 23:48:23 »
Signed up.  My question is how do you see how's u of each set is sold? Also if say I opted for 50 moq and it doesn't hit, will I still be able to buy at the lower moq?

Thanks

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:19:18 »
Signed up.  My question is how do you see how's u of each set is sold? Also if say I opted for 50 moq and it doesn't hit, will I still be able to buy at the lower moq?

Thanks

Because this is a traditional GB without using a site like PMK or Massdrop, there are really no rules about how it runs other than the honor system. So if 50 sets are accounted for, you're in. If fewer than 50 go, Badwrench could decide to give the 50+ people a chance to buy anyway, but he could also decide just to go forward with the fewer than 50 sets. Make sense?

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #13 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:42:02 »

Thanks

Because this is a traditional GB without using a site like PMK or Massdrop, there are really no rules about how it runs other than the honor system. So if 50 sets are accounted for, you're in. If fewer than 50 go, Badwrench could decide to give the 50+ people a chance to buy anyway, but he could also decide just to go forward with the fewer than 50 sets. Make sense?

Yep.  Hopefully we just hit 100 sets and no worries :d.  Still trying to wrap my head around using these on a Dell at101w.  I'm sure I can make it work somehow.  Alps boards are very confusing lol.

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:58:37 »
This is great! I'm in for two each!
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline geniekid

« Reply #15 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 02:58:29 »
Just signed up for two each.  Thanks for running this Badwrench :)

Offline atectatifern

« Reply #16 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 06:49:50 »
Nice work. Just submitted for two of each also. Thanks, Badwrench!

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #17 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:14:24 »
signed up!

I really need to find out about the expected availability/timeline of Matias' special Alps->MX balance bars. I hope they land on my desk about the same time as this set!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #18 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:37:44 »

Thanks

Exactly this. 
For only being up a day, the support from you guys is much better than expected.  Thank you.  l dont have an expected ending date, but will be active in here with updates and tracking our numbers. 

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #19 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 11:45:01 »
Why get in on this group buy? One word: freedom.

You're here reading this because you have an Alps board of some kind, or at the very least, some interest in Alps/Matias switches. You probably also have one or more Cherry MX boards as well. Those Cherry boards probably all have different keycaps. But what kind of keycaps do you have on your Alps board? My money says they're stock. Because a good set of aftermarket Alps caps is hard to come by.

Those aftermarket caps on your Cherry board represent one kind of freedom. Freedom to choose. Freedom to express yourself with your color choices, unique layouts and combinations. But ironically, that desire for freedom of expression has enslaved you to the Cherry MX world. Meanwhile, your Alps boards remain faithful and reliable, like a Model T Ford. And just like a Model T Ford, you can have any color as long as it's black.

NOT ANYMORE.

This group buy also comes in one color: BX Teal Blue. But behind that BX blue stands a legion of color choices waiting to heed the call--the call of Alps group buy success. Will you step up and do your part? Will you rise before the world of Cherry MX oppression, proudly fly the Alps flag and join us? Will you risk your wallet to open the doors to a wide world of switch and keycap options for generations to come?

If we succeed, we do so together. And we may emerge with thin wallets, but we emerge with SP DCS Alps modifier keycap sets in our hands. And then, they may take our stock keycaps away, but they will never take...

97003-0

OUR FREEDOM!

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #20 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:23:14 »
Time to update your profile text to Elrick Jr. or Alps Hype Man njbair.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #21 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:32:04 »
Time to update your profile text to Elrick Jr. or Alps Hype Man njbair.

Well someone had to do it, and it's like the middle of the night in Australia right now.

BTW everybody, I cross-posted this on /r/mk. Go upboat it now!!!

My boards:
More

Offline Applet

« Reply #22 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 13:50:28 »
Just joined, not optimal for ISO, but it's still great :thumb:

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #23 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:41:06 »
Tempting...

This could look really nice with these:
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 14:44:07 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #24 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:03:22 »
Tempting...

Show Image

That's right--red, white and BX teal blue keycaps will send ISIS running back to their caves in fear of the pure smell of freedom wafting from your truly decked out Alps board.

My boards:
More

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #25 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:45:55 »
Hot and sexy!
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
« Reply #26 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:51:10 »
Tempting...

Show Image

That's right--red, white and BX teal blue keycaps will send ISIS running back to their caves in fear of the pure smell of freedom wafting from your truly decked out Alps board.
Hush American.

The Dutch claimed these colours before you even existed!

:p
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 19:13:57 »
How long are orders to remain open?

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 00:19:20 »
Why get in on this group buy? One word: freedom.

You're here reading this because you have an Alps board of some kind, or at the very least, some interest in Alps/Matias switches. You probably also have one or more Cherry MX boards as well. Those Cherry boards probably all have different keycaps. But what kind of keycaps do you have on your Alps board? My money says they're stock. Because a good set of aftermarket Alps caps is hard to come by.

Those aftermarket caps on your Cherry board represent one kind of freedom. Freedom to choose. Freedom to express yourself with your color choices, unique layouts and combinations. But ironically, that desire for freedom of expression has enslaved you to the Cherry MX world. Meanwhile, your Alps boards remain faithful and reliable, like a Model T Ford. And just like a Model T Ford, you can have any color as long as it's black.

NOT ANYMORE.

This group buy also comes in one color: BX Teal Blue. But behind that BX blue stands a legion of color choices waiting to heed the call--the call of Alps group buy success. Will you step up and do your part? Will you rise before the world of Cherry MX oppression, proudly fly the Alps flag and join us? Will you risk your wallet to open the doors to a wide world of switch and keycap options for generations to come?

If we succeed, we do so together. And we may emerge with thin wallets, but we emerge with SP DCS Alps modifier keycap sets in our hands. And then, they may take our stock keycaps away, but they will never take...

(Attachment Link)

OUR FREEDOM!
Awesome.  Love the image at the end.

Also, nobeleese, no true ending date as of yet.  Next week I will start updating the op with the pledges from the order form so that we can gauge our progress.  My hope is to be under 45 days before I close the gb and start sending invoices. 
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 April 2015, 00:22:37 by Badwrench »

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 11:16:33 »
I have one question, the caps support ALPS stabs or Cherry/Costar ? If I remember correctly SP had only Cherry stab mount.
I would love some for my ALPS 60% but as I'm going to use an ALPS plate with ALPS stabs I'm wondering if :)
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #30 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 11:21:49 »
It uses MX stabilizers, but you should be able to bend new wires if you're using Alps boards.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #31 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 11:32:25 »
It uses MX stabilizers, but you should be able to bend new wires if you're using Alps boards.
You'll also need those little clips then, right?

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #32 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 11:49:54 »

Costar, yup.

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #33 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:25:42 »

Costar, yup.
Do those generally come with keycap sets? Or where do you get them?

My boards:
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #34 on: Sun, 12 April 2015, 13:32:41 »
WASD abd other sites sell them.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #35 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 13:41:39 »
Submitted!

Thank you for doing this Badwrench. I know this is a lot of work.

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #36 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 13:49:06 »
Submitted! Can't wait for this to get started!

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #37 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 15:54:44 »
Submitted my order!

Also, there is a slight error in the OP.
The logo with the dots is called the "Glider". You put it down as slider.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #38 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:46:27 »
GO GO BUYERS GO.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #39 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 15:09:47 »
Ordered. Thanks for doing this Badwrench.

Does anyone want to call dibs on my dot caps?

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #40 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:08:29 »
There is something in the air throughout the keyboard community. No, it's not the smell of Krytox lube or polyurethane keycap resin.

It's a revolution.

Perhaps you think I'm speaking in hyperbole. Perhaps you don't think this buy is a big deal for the community. Well, to any who would debate me on this issue I say, can you type your arguments on BX Teal Blue modifier keys? Not without this group buy, you can't.

And meanwhile, we scroll through page after page of threads with titles like Post your Topre board and Post your keycaps. But where is the Post your custom Alps keycaps thread?

It's right here:

This is the Age of Keycap Enlightenment, my friends. No more will we stand idly by while our Alps boards suffer a fate of obscurity. Together we rise, and together we will make this buy--and every future Alps keycap group buy--a revolutionary success!

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #41 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:12:10 »
Was ready to go to war for this group buy until I saw the broken link for the pic :(.

But seriously your words alone should convince people to buy :)

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #42 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:15:39 »
Was ready to go to war for this group buy until I saw the broken link for the pic :(.

But seriously your words alone should convince people to buy :)

The broken link is the custom Alps thread. I was going for irony.

My boards:
More

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #43 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:16:16 »
Clearly that went over my head lol

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 16:17:58 »

My boards:
More

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #45 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 17:04:40 »
When will we know how many people have signed on and whether we've reached the threshold we indicated?

Offline Touch_It

« Reply #46 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 17:41:00 »
When will we know how many people have signed on and whether we've reached the threshold we indicated?

OP will update the first post in the thread.  I believe the last update was yesterday.

PS njbair, that describes it quite well :D.

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #47 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 20:01:32 »

OP will update the first post in the thread.  I believe the last update was yesterday.

PS njbair, that describes it quite well :D.

Exactly.  Thank you everyone for all the support so far.  I will continue to push this over on DT and in the Massdrop discussion for the Infinity board.  If there is someone here that can start something on Reddit, that would be great - I don't Reddit. 

Updated OP just now  :thumb:

Offline bcredbottle

« Reply #48 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 20:56:36 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 15 April 2015, 06:33:55 by bcredbottle »

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #49 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 22:06:11 »
If you are on reddit please upvote this thread:

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70817.0

It's not my thread BTW.

You pasted a link to this thread.

My boards:
More