geekhack Marketplace > Drop

Security Valuation

(1/3) > >>

xxxkaliboyxxx:
I just got contacted by my credit card company about having fraudulent charges on my credit card at Walmart out of all places,  Location Brisbane, California. I am really pissed about this since this is the only website that I have used my credit card for. I would look internally and I will be pulling my business away since obviously there is some type of security valuation somewhere. Not necessary at MassDrop but chances are pretty high based on location and being the only place where I used my credit card.

Melvang:
Credit cards are actually safer to use online than retail stores with the current SSL stuff these days from what I have seen. 

Did you check your transaction history online or paper copy for verification? 

xxxkaliboyxxx:
Yup, that was my only saving grace using the credit card, I usually just use Paypal. I guess either would of been OK but my credit card company stopped it before it was even authorized.

Checking online was the first thing we did after I received my credit card warning. Only thing out of our ordinary was literally just MassDrop. Not saying it is them, maybe I am just pissed but when I inquire even more, the location was Brisbane, California (right outside of SF). The location is what bugs me. BTW i'm on the other coast.

romevi:

--- Quote from: xxxkaliboyxxx on Mon, 08 February 2016, 15:39:03 ---Yup, that was my only saving grace using the credit card, I usually just use Paypal. I guess either would of been OK but my credit card company stopped it before it was even authorized.

Checking online was the first thing we did after I received my credit card warning. Only thing out of our ordinary was literally just MassDrop. Not saying it is them, maybe I am just pissed but when I inquire even more, the location was Brisbane, California (right outside of SF). The location is what bugs me. BTW i'm on the other coast.

--- End quote ---

That's odd. If it indeed was Massdrop, they may have gotten hacked. In which case, you should notify them immediately.

xxxkaliboyxxx:
I notified them through the support ticket channels. There are other possibilities but why Brisbane? We may never know, at the very least I hope to urge MassDrop to do an interal inquiry. It sucks, I really wanted the Pulse set =(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version