Author Topic: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch [YOLCH 100% SHIPPED, RED RIOT SHIPPING]  (Read 124396 times)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 22:16:39 »

new legends
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Remsky

• Lubed switch count > Puddsy post count
« Reply #101 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 22:46:08 »
Improved yes, but I dont think they are entirely fixed. F on the F11 looks higher than the numbers. F on the F12 looks thinner than the rest of the legend. Would def have to see it on a board for a final verdict, but it is way better than older legends.
TGR Jane v2 - GSKT00(coming) - TGR Jane CE V2 - TGR Poly alice - LZ Physix - Matrix 8XV 2.0 - RS - LZ FE - Dalco 959 Mini GT edition (coming) - Mc65 - Hiney TKL one - HHKB Pro 1 - 25th anniversary edition HHKB pro Hybrid - 30th anniversary Filco 2S keyboard

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #102 on: Sun, 13 May 2018, 23:51:20 »
Improved yes, but I dont think they are entirely fixed. F on the F11 looks higher than the numbers. F on the F12 looks thinner than the rest of the legend. Would def have to see it on a board for a final verdict, but it is way better than older legends.

the F11 keycap is physicall higher up than the other ones

and the f12 looks fine in the other pictures i've seen

it's not supposed to be GMK level (gmk has some issues, too) but it's definitely a vast improvement
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Zuology

• Why does this rabbit-hole have so many side-quests
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 08:12:07 »
Glad to see the evidence, and I agree that JTK has improved legends to point where the price/compatibility/quality ratios are in line.

To those who are comparing it to GMK: I would say that if they were trying to claim straight-up clone of GMK it would be a different story, but this is a different company with different molds and that is reflected in the price. At best MOQ, GMK runs at least $135-140 for base kit, plus additional kits.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)
Full+: Clueboard Double 1800 (Vint Clears) | IBM Model M | IBM Model F XT

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 10:19:05 »
Sad to see only 30 orders for JTK Yolch. I love high contrast keycaps. Seems like every group buy I join this year is the kiss of death for it. I am amazed at some of the strange color combos that have made MOQ this year compared to the one's that have not.

Offline Zuology

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 13:55:06 »
RE: Yolch - There is still FUD about the color mods (Black? How black?), and if actually black then someone properly stated that it's not really a Dolch variant. I would personally get down on it if it were the more traditional warm grey color for mods.

Potato phone pics are decent, but clear pictures of the keys mounted or at least positioned in correct rows in straight lines would help immensely to judge if legends are properly placed/aligned in relation to each other. I've seen the aqua alphas proof pic, and have the same critique of the quality and arrangement of the keys in that one also.
More
75%: Scarlet Bandana (TBD) | Singa75 Polycarb (TBD) | SKB75 (TBD) | YMD75 (Box Navy) | XD84 (Outemu Ice) | Plum84 (BKE Redux Heavy)
TKL: ALF X1.1 SE (TBD) | LZ Iron White (TBD) | Fox Labs Orange (TBD) | Alu WASDv2 (Cherry Green) | MechkeyAlpha MA87 (Kailh Box Burnt Orange) | Archon RE:AL Superior EX (Nopre 65g)

Offline dwarflemur

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:04:31 »
RE: Yolch - There is still FUD about the color mods (Black? How black?), and if actually black then someone properly stated that it's not really a Dolch variant. I would personally get down on it if it were the more traditional warm grey color for mods.

Potato phone pics are decent, but clear pictures of the keys mounted or at least positioned in correct rows in straight lines would help immensely to judge if legends are properly placed/aligned in relation to each other. I've seen the aqua alphas proof pic, and have the same critique of the quality and arrangement of the keys in that one also.

Jeez dude you're a picky ass mofo
Camp C225 | Norbatouch | ALF X2 + X3 | Orange TKL | CA66 | Leaf 60 | a bunch of others

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:06:32 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:23:16 by clasicks »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:18:59 »
I don't mind being called picky about the color thing, that is pure preference.

However, being shown the keycaps in uneven lines and not in their proper row alignment means that there is no easy way to judge if the legends are higher/lower than the key next to them. Also the low-res potato pic does not give full confirmation if legends are crisp or blurry/uneven. This is pretty basic. If the caps are good, they can take the time to do it proper and remove that uncertainty. If MOQ not being met because of these questions by potential buyers, why not take the few minutes to put those to rest and gain more orders?
More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #109 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 14:21:15 »
i already said it's the same black as other JTK sets (i.e. cs:go set)

you get these pics and that's it, this is the best they can do

and don't try and tell me why my set isn't gonna make moq, cause that's just a self-fulfilling prophecy, i'm not particularly worried about it at this point

you don't speak for all buyers

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #110 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 17:17:13 »
Thread cleaned up per request to keep it on topic of the keycap group buy in question, not keycap photography.  If you wish to discuss the latter, please start a dedicated discussion thread about JTK legend improvements.
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 17:21:07 by Photoelectric »
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #111 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 17:18:53 »
Thread cleaned up per request to keep it on topic of the keycap group buy in question, not keycap photography.  If you wish to discuss the latter, please start a dedicated discussion thread about JTK legend improvements.

bless
« Last Edit: Tue, 15 May 2018, 17:23:01 by Puddsy »

Offline yinzer

• I'm new around here ... please don't notice.
« Reply #112 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 19:40:07 »
In for Yolch.  :-*

'And the haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake
I shake it off, I shake it off
- T-Swizzle

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #113 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 19:57:12 »
Are we still only at 50 for Red Riot?

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 15 May 2018, 20:13:52 »

When you're putting money into a product, you're allowed to be picky about it.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 01:26:13 »
Are we still only at 50 for Red Riot?

i haven't checked and i don't have time to for the next few days

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #116 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 01:26:50 »

don't start this again i don't want to ask photoe to clean up my thread another time

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #117 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 02:10:51 »

don't start this again i don't want to ask photoe to clean up my thread another time

Edit: To anyone else reading this post: I really don't intend to restart a discussion of JTK Legends within this thread. This thread is for running a GB and even though it is running JTK sets, JTK legend discussion should take place in a different thread as PhotoElectric stated.
Not updating renders and confirming colors is a different thing that's actually related to the thread so continue that, I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Original:
I'm not starting anything. I'm responding to what was said by two others in this thread, which FYI also isn't on topic with the keycap group buy.

You're constantly interjecting yourself into threads, as well, so I don't see why you're complaining, all of a sudden.

Regardless, out of respect for your thread, I will no longer continue this discussion. Best of luck on the GB.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:35:18 by tanvir175 »

Offline Zuology

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 07:58:58 »
Little concerned about how the colours on yolch will turn out. Seems from the IC no one really knows if the mods will be absolute black or the dark grey that they look like in the render?

i'm waiting for confirmation from JTK

An update regarding Yolch colors. There was a little miscommunication.

The mods will be black, but the yellow and grey will be colormatched. This is a cost saving measure.

Order count: 28 for Red Riot, 16 for Yolch. Well on target so far. I don't even have numbers from zF yet.

So are the mods just going to be JTK's black then?

Show Image

yeah, I think so

Not sure if I missed anything - do you know how deep of a black the modifiers will be on the Yolch set yet?

i imagine it'll be the same black they used for WoB, but i'll ask

i already said it's the same black as other JTK sets (i.e. cs:go set)

you get these pics and that's it, this is the best they can do

and don't try and tell me why my set isn't gonna make moq, cause that's just a self-fulfilling prophecy, i'm not particularly worried about it at this point

you don't speak for all buyers

You never actually confirmed or stated that they would be black, there was a lot of non-committal unsure guessing.

The updates regarding mod colors being verbally confirmed as Black (not dark grey) should at least be clearly stated in the main post, if renders/mock-up cannot be updated.
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 May 2018, 08:17:57 by Zuology »
More

Offline runsamok

« Reply #119 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 10:11:05 »
Yeah, if the mods are black then it's not really Dolch-with-yellow & the name/renders are misleading/deceptive. There's been ample time to get replacement images/renders made & continuing to use the incorrect ones is lazy at best & dishonest at worst.

Offline Eon2001

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 11:58:15 »

I'm not starting anything. I'm responding to what was said by two others in this thread, which FYI also isn't on topic with the keycap group buy.

You're constantly interjecting yourself into threads, as well, so I don't see why you're complaining, all of a sudden.

Regardless, out of respect for your thread, I will no longer continue this discussion. Best of luck on the GB.

Not blown away by the JTK legend "improvements" either. Let alone the lazy/completely absent renders.

It would seem the gb runner has no problem dishing out feedback, but cant take it.

Best of luck with the gb.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #121 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 19:00:13 »
Any updates on numbers of sets sold?

Offline MajorKoos

• 1 life please. Extra large.
« Reply #122 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 17:30:14 »

Any news?
Red Riot must happen.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #123 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 19:32:26 »

Any news?
Red Riot must happen.

waiting for numbers from proxies, i'm optimistic about red riot, yolch hasn't really moved

i've been moving home from school so i haven't been able to really look at anything on these

haven't even looked at GH since like last monday

i'll post clear numbers when i have them

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #124 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:14:21 »
at this point, red riot is going through thanks to vendor orders

yolch is about 20 orders short, we're so close!

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #125 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 12:35:46 »

Not blown away by the JTK legend "improvements" either. Let alone the lazy/completely absent renders.

It would seem the gb runner has no problem dishing out feedback, but cant take it.

Genuinely curious, what issues do you still have w/ the new legends? Looks fine to me.
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline oh_chesteroni

Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch (Red Riot at MOQ, Yolch ~20 away)
« Reply #126 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:16:25 »

Genuinely curious, what issues do you still have w/ the new legends? Looks fine to me.
I think out of respect for Puddsy and this GB, it's better not to go down this road again. If you feel inclined to discuss JTK it's probably better to PM or start a discussion thread elsewhere in the forum.

Yo, I just white knighted Puds. Gonna go slit my wrists now.

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #127 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 13:22:45 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:22:10 by clasicks »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #128 on: Wed, 23 May 2018, 23:37:41 »
congrats Puddsy! cant wait to see Red Riot in the wild!

guess i can't sell schumiboard

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 19:47:38 »
yolch is closer to 10 away now

if you're on the fence please commit so we can get to MOQ

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 15:22:33 »

Hopefully close now, wallet be damned.  GL  :thumb:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 20:40:44 »

i might be able to get the yolch mods the right color, so i'm probably gonna extend to friday just in case

we'll see

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch (Red Riot at MOQ, Yolch ~10 away)
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 20:46:03 »

i might be able to get the yolch mods the right color, so i'm probably gonna extend to friday just in case

we'll see
Pls. Make it happen.

Yolch Yolch Yolch

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 20:56:38 »

we'll see
Definitely in if yolch mods are right colour.
Looking forward to future update(s) regarding this :)

Offline goodman247

• It's confirmed, I'm an idiot.
« Reply #134 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:34:04 »
Good luck guys!! Please make this happen!! The Yolch set is legit!!

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 22:54:11 »

we'll see

I'd be in for Yolch if the mod color got fixed.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 28 May 2018, 10:30:02 »
i think yolch just hit moq but i'm waiting for confirmation on some numbers

not sure if i got the mod color fixed yet, waiting to hear back still
« Last Edit: Mon, 28 May 2018, 10:47:45 by Puddsy »

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #137 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 09:04:29 »

we'll see
Pls. Make it happen.

Yolch Yolch Yolch

On SwitchMod's site it says Yolch reached MOQ! I hope it's not a mistake, I really want this set. I was almost tempted to order a 2nd TBH, LOL. Although it has killer compatibility with just one set & money is a little tight so I couldn't justify it. I think they extended the time to order to June 1st too, so fingers crossed bud!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #138 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 10:41:45 »

we'll see
Pls. Make it happen.

Yolch Yolch Yolch

On SwitchMod's site it says Yolch reached MOQ! I hope it's not a mistake, I really want this set. I was almost tempted to order a 2nd TBH, LOL. Although it has killer compatibility with just one set & money is a little tight so I couldn't justify it. I think they extended the time to order to June 1st too, so fingers crossed bud!

we're like

within 5

and yeah, we extended unil friday cause i'm trying to work out this color malarkey

Offline CustomerSupport

• 🕸 developer
    • Discord
Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch (order period extended to friday)
« Reply #139 on: Tue, 29 May 2018, 15:05:26 »
All in for Red Riot. Planning on pairing a few keys with my incoming Green-on-White FC750R for a nice green/white/red board

Offline young_won

« Reply #140 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:14:00 »
In for one Yolch & one Red Riot  ;)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #141 on: Thu, 31 May 2018, 00:57:45 »
In for one Yolch & one Red Riot  ;)

All in for Red Riot. Planning on pairing a few keys with my incoming Green-on-White FC750R for a nice green/white/red board

thanks pals

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #142 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 19:50:09 »
Pretty sure we've made it, just barely. Working some things out with zFrontier regarding extras and colors, but at the very least Red Riot has made it. Unless something unexpected happens, Yolch has also made it. Still working on the colors, but for the moment it's out of my control.

Will post updates as I get them.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:04:26 »
Better late than never, but just got confirmation that the Yolch mods will be grey instead of black (and that it's, you know, being made). They'll send me samples in a few weeks. It's gonna be matched to SP Dolch (GE, GX, YBP).

zFrontier and Switchmod will have extras of both sets, I think Caps-Unlocked will just have Red Riot.

Waiting for info so that vendors can submit payment, see you again once payment has been confirmed.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:14:22 by Puddsy »

Offline clasicks

• Formerly KeyboardUser4
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:18:52 »
removed
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 15:21:26 by clasicks »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #145 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 11:30:31 »
Better late than never, but just got confirmation that the Yolch mods will be grey instead of black (and that it's, you know, being made). They'll send me samples in a few weeks. It's gonna be matched to SP Dolch (GE, GX, YBP).

zFrontier and Switchmod will have extras of both sets, I think Caps-Unlocked will just have Red Riot.

Waiting for info so that vendors can submit payment, see you again once payment has been confirmed.

GZ puddsy.

Any ideas on whats next? JTK Blue Balls? JTK Pink ****cat? JTK Black Blanks?

No clue. I've got a few months to think about it. Might do light blue or mint green next.

Offline euphxenos

Re: [GB] JTK Red Riot and JTK Yolch (Both sets made it!)
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 14:40:41 »
It's a shame that Yolch's colors didn't get sorted out while the group buy was still open.  Ah well.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 04 June 2018, 20:11:34 »
It's a shame that Yolch's colors didn't get sorted out while the group buy was still open.  Ah well.

I meant to have it done this week, but deadlines are deadlines. There are a TON of extras though, so it shouldn't be too hard to get one.

Offline RavenPanther

« Reply #148 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 22:53:04 »

Fantastic news!

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #149 on: Tue, 05 June 2018, 23:05:51 »
Amendment, colors will be GE, GX, and YCH NOT YBP like I said above. It's closer to the render. I might get samples in both, but I don't want to add time on to this GB. We'll see.

Red Riot will match the same red as the Cola set. It's a nice dark red, I like it a lot. I think I said that further up, but I can't remember.

These are final colors unless there's some weirdness that's out of my control.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 June 2018, 23:09:08 by Puddsy »