Author Topic: [IC] F62+F77! New Kishsaver+Industrial Model F Keyboards  (Read 379000 times)

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
Re: [IC] Brand New F62 Kishsaver / F77 Industrial Model F's made this year
« Reply #650 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 16:14:16 »
A noob question, why are there 4 barrels on left of spacebar barrel? In all the kishsaver photos I see, there are only 3 keys on left of spacebar.

The innermost barrel there is for stabilization of the spacebar, I believe.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #651 on: Sun, 03 January 2016, 16:42:29 »
A noob question, why are there 4 barrels on left of spacebar barrel? In all the kishsaver photos I see, there are only 3 keys on left of spacebar.

The innermost barrel there is for stabilization of the spacebar, I believe.

I concur, the F Unsaver and F122 use the same setup with the externally wire stabilized space bar.  By external, I mean the wire is above the plate.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #652 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 14:09:59 »
Just wow.

(noobie here)

I just stumbled across this when I read about it on keychatter....needless to say my next 2-3hours were wasted trying to educate myself on buckling spring and why they are so desired. For weeks I've been ready to  throw all my money at a Korean custom, be it winkeyless.kr or the eternal wait for a custom GON (and surely I will eventually)....but I'm not sure I can let this slip by!!

sorry if it's been asked but do you offer full assembly? If so, what would the additional cost be? Thank you!!
(edit: nvm! looks like its a piece of cake to put together -- hopefully it is ;)

P.S. - Any plans on giving this a proper name!? (if it doesnt have one by now...)

edit: +1 for a detachable USB!!! <--- icing on the cake
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 17:39:35 by KetchyKech »
∴∵∴◇Time TKL--VE.A--F&T 1916--Cajal--Octagon v2◇∴∵∴

Offline Ellipse

• Brand New Model F Keyboards
« Reply #653 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:12:47 »
Thanks KetchyKech - yep if you're interested please complete the Google Docs interest form in the first tab and I will email you a link when the orders open, hopefully next week.

Yes this is the only mechanical keyboard project where you can buy a brand new mechanical keyboard with an alternative to an MX-type switch, and it will only be open for a two-month window before production ends again).  Model F's were the gold standard mechanical keyboard back in the 1980s.  A 122-key Model F cost $295 when it was introduced in 1984, or over $670 adjusted for inflation. With this project you can buy a brand new Model F for about the same price it sold for in 1984 dollars!

They come fully made and assembled in China, even with any custom layout you choose, as long as the original barrels support it.

Regarding the keyboard names, while the brand new Model F keyboards from this project can support any number of keys, I chose model names that reflect their original key counts; hence they were named F62 and F77.

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #654 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:26:33 »
Thanks KetchyKech - yep if you're interested please complete the Google Docs interest form in the first tab and I will email you a link when the orders open, hopefully next week.

Yes this is the only mechanical keyboard project where you can buy a brand new mechanical keyboard with an alternative to an MX-type switch, and it will only be open for a two-month window before production ends again).  Model F's were the gold standard mechanical keyboard back in the 1980s.  A 122-key Model F cost $295 when it was introduced in 1984, or over $670 adjusted for inflation. With this project you can buy a brand new Model F for about the same price it sold for in 1984 dollars!

They come fully made and assembled in China, even with any custom layout you choose, as long as the original barrels support it.

Regarding the keyboard names, while the brand new Model F keyboards from this project can support any number of keys, I chose model names that reflect their original key counts; hence they were named F62 and F77.

Why thank you sir! I certainly will be submitting a form. I realized the staggering oppourtunity that this groupbuy represented earlier today, haha! Thanks for taking the time to educate me, i'll be keeping in touch regarding some custom colors options:]~

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #655 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 20:29:30 »
Yes this is the only mechanical keyboard project where you can buy a brand new mechanical keyboard with an alternative to an MX-type switch, and it will only be open for a two-month window before production ends again)

Sorry if this question seems thick but does that mean we will have 2 months to place an order and pay once the ordering medium opens?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #656 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:00:33 »
fanpeople - you can place an order in the two month order window - you are charged when you place the order.  Then in late March/early April I will close the order form and place the order.  Production should take 1-2 months.  The orders ship in order of received payment - hopefully starting in May. 

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #657 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:04:25 »
fanpeople - you can place an order in the two month order window - you are charged when you place the order.  Then in late March/early April I will close the order form and place the order.  Production should take 1-2 months.  The orders ship in order of received payment - hopefully starting in May.

you're making me so excited right now...
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #658 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:15:58 »

Ah sweet thanks for the answer, hopefully give me a chance to raise funds for one of each.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #659 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:19:27 »
I do really appreciate that this project isn't asking for preorder money upfront. The scope of this is huge, but the money and window/availability is right where it should be I think. I truly hope this does pay off in the end for you though!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #660 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 22:59:09 »

Too fvcking Right  ;D .

This is the Group Buy to be in right now.  A real mechanical keyboard done right in 2016, something that is extremely rare and never to be repeated again any time soon.

For all the newbs here, if you miss this one then don't ever call yourself a "Mechanical Keyboard Fanatic" because you have shown your true ignorance in front of every other keyboard fanboy on this forum site.  Proof of your keyboard addiction is in getting a couple of these babies and using them everyday till the day you die.

Time to front up and show your commitment in ownership of some really fine "Keyboard Excellence".
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:02:38 by Elrick »

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #661 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:03:12 »

Too fvcking Right  ;D .

This is the Group Buy to be in right now.  A real mechanical keyboard done right in 2016, something that is extremely rare and never to be repeated again any time soon.

For all the newbs here, if you miss this one then don't ever call yourself a "Mechanical Keyboard Fanatic" because you have shown your true ignorance in front of every other keyboard fanboy on this forum site.  Proof of your keyboard addiction is in getting a couple of these babies and using them everyday till the day you die.

Time to front up and show your commitment to Keyboard Excellence.

Honestly though, most of the newcomers will miss out on this i feel like, sadly. Most have never used a Model F to know how it feels superior over even the Model M's, much less the clicky options that are popular now. Plus it isn't flashy, and will probably just leave them confused. The newcomers are like brand new kids that turn 21, and the Razers are the Coors Light. Nothing wrong with that, everyone goes through that stage. But, this is like a beer for the proper adults.  :thumb:

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #662 on: Mon, 04 January 2016, 23:50:10 »
Here's an interesting option for those who want to want to get their keyboard a month or so earlier, as early as the end of March/early April instead of May/June:  My understanding is that the factory is willing to break the order into two production runs for a tooling/setup fee of $1,500.  Meaning they will set up their tooling for this product, make it, then re-set up the tooling for the second and final group for $1,500 extra. 

This would mean that we could start production after the order form has been open for 2-3 weeks if we wanted to, for the early birds, and then the second and final order group for everyone else at the end of the two month window, instead of one big run starting in a little over two months from now.

I won't be asking every potential early bird to pay a little extra.  Instead I was thinking if 15 people were willing to donate $100 towards the extra early production run, or any combination of "early bird premiums" to get to $1,500, then this would be feasible.  I will leave this option up to the DT and GH community ordering these to decide. 

Would 15 people gladly pay $100 to have everyone ordering early be able to get their keyboard 4-5 weeks earlier?  Feel free to PM me or post if you are interested.  Maybe we could arrange some special bonus for these early bird donors, like their user name on the quality control sticker inside the Model F or something like that.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #663 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:33:56 »
Here's an interesting option for those who want to want to get their keyboard a month or so earlier, as early as the end of March/early April instead of May/June:  My understanding is that the factory is willing to break the order into two production runs for a tooling/setup fee of $1,500.  Meaning they will set up their tooling for this product, make it, then re-set up the tooling for the second and final group for $1,500 extra. 

This would mean that we could start production after the order form has been open for 2-3 weeks if we wanted to, for the early birds, and then the second and final order group for everyone else at the end of the two month window, instead of one big run starting in a little over two months from now.

I won't be asking every potential early bird to pay a little extra.  Instead I was thinking if 15 people were willing to donate $100 towards the extra early production run, or any combination of "early bird premiums" to get to $1,500, then this would be feasible.  I will leave this option up to the DT and GH community ordering these to decide. 

Would 15 people gladly pay $100 to have everyone ordering early be able to get their keyboard 4-5 weeks earlier?  Feel free to PM me or post if you are interested.  Maybe we could arrange some special bonus for these early bird donors, like their user name on the quality control sticker inside the Model F or something like that.

I'd totally be into this.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #664 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 00:35:03 »
Definitely in for earlier board :)
Please feed my addiction.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #665 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 01:47:58 »

Sign me up for an Early Bird Edition  8) .

An extra $100 is nothing when it comes to getting exclusivity before anyone else and besides too desperate to keep on waiting for this keyboard.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #666 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 04:08:45 »
I'd be interested in the earlybird...
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline joey

« Reply #667 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 10:40:30 »
Ellipse: I've gotten a bit lost in this thread. When the order form opens up then we select the layout and we can also buy key caps at that point right?
Any idea on shipping to the UK?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #668 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:26:04 »
joey - yes you are right.

Not sure on shipping charges as I do not know the weight of the product.  You can use the USPS shipping calculator and make some assumptions - the keyboards could be 6 to 8 pounds with packaging?

OK so it looks like we have 4 earlybird tooling volunteers on GH and 2 from DT so far out of the 15 needed.  There is no rush as we can open up ordering even though we don't know whether the keyboards will ship extra early or not just yet.

Another bonus of being a tooling volunteer is you'll be one of the first to ship out as I'll be giving preference to you.  I am hand inspecting every keyboard before it ships so it could take weeks to do that before everything is mailed.
« Last Edit: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:28:53 by Ellipse »

Offline KetchyKech

• ∴∵∴◇❖◇∴∵∴
« Reply #669 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:42:48 »
Hey ya'll, Ellipse has instructed me to post my desire for a white case here to garner orders from others that want the same.

the more people want the white case, the lower the extra tooling cost goes down for that custom color.

soo post up if you want a ghost white case  :cool:

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #670 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:47:10 »
In for early bird. :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #671 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:51:47 »
Sign me up for the early bird as well! Can't wait to type on these  :p
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline joey

« Reply #672 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 17:53:48 »
Will there be any spare parts being ordered? Just worried about issues with shipping.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #673 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 18:00:37 »
Yes there will be spare parts ordered.

I just want to make sure that I am asking for some early birds to help cover $100 each for the earlier round.  You can also just pay the original amount earlier as well and still be an early bird.

Cods, Lurch, and Pemdas are you volunteering to cover the extra $100 towards the $1500 in tooling for an early bird round?  Or just paying in the first few weeks to get in early?  It's not clear.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #674 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 18:17:17 »
Yes, volunteering for 1x extra $100 for the earlier round if that means some bonus like a hidden mention on all of the QC stickers or something.

I'll actually be looking to buy the following:

Earlybird Round
- 1x F62
- Industrial Grey case
- Full, complete keyset, preferably with blue legends
- Apple keyset addition, with blue legends, if that's something that can be arranged

Final Round
- 1x F77
- Industrial Grey case
- Full, complete keyset, preferably with red legends
- Apple keyset addition, with red legends, if that's something that can be arranged

I'm also interested in the alternative cases, additional barrels/parts/layout elements/etc, but am still thinking about those.

[Edited for clarity]
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #675 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 18:34:40 »
Great cods and yes that should be possible, though I'm not sure about blue legend apple keysets.  The unicomp web site only offers grey and pebble for those particular sets from what I can see.

Shipping them separately might be a lot more costly if you are shipping outside the US.  You may want to order them all at once.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #676 on: Tue, 05 January 2016, 23:17:16 »
Question about keysets:

Would Unicomp be willing to sell custom sets for this project, with gray mods and brilliant white alphas? I really like this combo. If so, can they offer the top row with front printed function keys in brilliant white?

You can see the gray/brilliant white combo on the Unicomp Ultra Classic buy at Massdrop. I think this would look outstanding on my industrial gray F77!

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/unicomp-ultra-classic?mode=guest_open

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #677 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 04:23:12 »
Cods, Lurch, and Pemdas are you volunteering to cover the extra $100 towards the $1500 in tooling for an early bird round?  Or just paying in the first few weeks to get in early?  It's not clear.

I'm willing to chip in $100 towards the tooling for an early bird round.
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #678 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 04:36:29 »
Would Unicomp be willing to sell custom sets for this project, with gray mods and brilliant white alphas? I really like this combo. If so, can they offer the top row with front printed function keys in brilliant white?

You can see the gray/brilliant white combo on the Unicomp Ultra Classic buy at Massdrop. I think this would look outstanding on my industrial gray F77!

This would be superb, having this colour-way applied for our future F77's.  If this happens then I want to buy this set as soon as possible  :thumb: .

Offline Pemdas

« Reply #679 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 15:01:25 »
Yes there will be spare parts ordered.

I just want to make sure that I am asking for some early birds to help cover $100 each for the earlier round.  You can also just pay the original amount earlier as well and still be an early bird.

Sorry I wasn't clearer but I would be willing to put in the extra $100 for the tooling costs  :thumb:
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #680 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 17:36:39 »
Great - we are already at 10 out of the 15 $100 donators towards tooling!

Offline Ir0n

« Reply #681 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:14:28 »
I'm in for a more early keyboard but i'm running tight on funds x[ I have money set aside just for this buy

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #682 on: Wed, 06 January 2016, 22:17:36 »
No worries Ir0n - the early bird option will be the same exact price for everything as the regular version. 

Once we get 5 more $100 early bird tooling contributors, then it will be possible to get the first few weeks' worth of orders in early - just the 15 early bird tooling supporters are volunteering to pay extra for the early run but everyone can benefit from it without extra charge :)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #683 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 19:15:10 »
Are you planning on a separate order form for those of us that just want to by parts ala cart?

Or will we need to pm you direct for prices?

OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #684 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 19:47:24 »
There will be a web site where you can add parts to your shopping cart. 

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #685 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 21:24:56 »
There will be a web site where you can add parts to your shopping cart.

I want that website address soon Ellipse, the waiting is killing me  >:( .

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #686 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 21:34:25 »
What's worse, though: Not being able to go to the site, or going to the site but not being able to order yet?

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #687 on: Thu, 07 January 2016, 21:49:55 »
Any more creative volunteer writers out there?  It would be great to finish up the main sales page of the web site listing all the Model F advantages and features, plus a tech news article on the project I could send around to the different news sites (written in a style like other product news articles), the FAQ page of the web site, and the user manual.

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #688 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 00:20:52 »
Well, I'll just say that if you send the info out to tech news sites, and it happens to get picked up and gains traction, that could end up being advantageous to all of us if it results in a big influx of orders and lowers the cost per unit manufactured. I'll send you some text, Ellipse, for your consideration. I have a way with words, but I only know what I've gleaned over the years from the keyboard enthusiast forums. To my mind, Kishy is the true 4704 expert on the Internet, and probably knows as much as anyone about the history of these keyboards. I don't know if he's involved at all in this project, though.

I could definitely see this being an attractive story to the big tech sites and their readers, if it's presented in the right way.  Certainly it's much more compelling to me than the Qwerkywriter keyboard, and that has received a LOT of coverage and Kickstarter support.

Offline joey

« Reply #689 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 04:49:34 »
I also don't mind paying earlier, but because shipping costs will be high to the UK I don't want to pay the early bird 100$.

Offline againer

« Reply #690 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 15:38:06 »
A rare keyboard so outstanding, so legendary that  a whole community  decides to  revive it from the ashes. To be able to type on this superior  anchestor of the famouse IBM Model M Keyboard.

If I could write better in english I could try to  help you with texting.  But with my skills that would be pointless.

To generate a Hype around the Project it could help if the first batch of keyboards arrives some time before the  ordering window for the second batch is closed. So ppl can spread reviews on all kind of social platforms. But I think that does not really match with your plans.

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #691 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 16:02:36 »
againer that is a good idea, but unfortunately production takes 1-2 months and then shipping by sea mail from China is very slow for large items (shipping these in bulk by air mail would add significant cost to the project) - at least a couple weeks.  To accomplish that I would have to extend the deadline for two months for the second group.  Would they want to wait to get keyboards in July or August instead of May/June?  I will see how things go.

I also don't want them to rush production or tooling setup because it could jeopardize the quality of the goods. 

joey that's fine - everyone will get the early bird at no extra charge thanks to the 15 early tooling volunteers (assuming we get 5 more!).

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:25:51 »
Look what arrived today :) The dot matrix printer for the packing slip included with each F62/F77-containing order! It works well, and it will work with the tractor pull green bar paper from earlier (I bought a few hundred sheets).
123300-0
123302-1
123304-2

Offline Techno Trousers

• ʘ_ಠ
« Reply #693 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:30:30 »
This guy! :D

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #694 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:33:15 »
Look what arrived today :) The dot matrix printer for the packing slip included with each F62/F77-containing order! It works well, and it will work with the tractor pull green bar paper from earlier (I bought a few hundred sheets).
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

No f'n way.

Offline raymogi

« Reply #695 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 19:34:50 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Oh wow that's just the icing on the cake right there.
Please feed my addiction.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #696 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 20:22:36 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

This kind of attention to detail is what contributes to this being absolutely awesome! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Pemdas

« Reply #697 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:51:04 »
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Wow that's awesome! I haven't seen that kind of paper since I was in like middle school haha

Offline Muffinbottoms

« Reply #698 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:51:47 »
God damn....that dot matrix paper is really some fantastic icing on the cake. It was definitely before my time, but I remember coming across some left over by my Dad back in the day and pulling off the side pieces was my favorite thing to do haha. I was just wondering as well, for the people who hop on the early tooling bird special, will they be able to first see/try (if you're in the New York area) the working prototypes before production begins?

I gotta say Ellipse, you're definitely the man, man. :thumb:

Offline Ellipse

« Reply #699 on: Fri, 08 January 2016, 23:59:18 »
Yep Muffinbottoms I expect to arrange a Manhattan meetup in a few weeks, certainly before the early tooling deadline.  Interestingly not all of the 1980s-era tractor pull paper had perforated sides - I think that was just for the higher end paper.  Unfortunately the new old stock paper I'm using (the only new old stock part of the project) doesn't have perforated sides, just the tractor pull perforations.  Each page is perforated to the next page though.