Author Topic: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors  (Read 154624 times)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 20:32:22 »
Trying to get a full N5 blank set going, my blank blue set is getting pretty worn :))

Modifiers will probably be hard but the 1U keys are looking promising :thumb:

Is V4 too dark? You may have a better chance hitting MOQ that way. It looked like there was interest in some posts above.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #101 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 21:25:18 »
Trying to get a full N5 blank set going, my blank blue set is getting pretty worn :))

Modifiers will probably be hard but the 1U keys are looking promising :thumb:

Is V4 too dark? You may have a better chance hitting MOQ that way. It looked like there was interest in some posts above.

I know for sure N5 would work as I have a key that uses that color with me, but not really sure about V4 as I don't physically have any samples on hand.

My main goal is blue blanks though so if I can't get the N5 going, V4 most likely work out for me. I'll have to keep an eye out on the quantity totals.
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #102 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 02:15:33 »
thanks to Top Clack I found this GB - requested access to the Google Sheets. Oh the possibilities <3

EDIT: couple of questions
  • Looks like R0 is available, is R5 available also?
  • For 6u spacebar, is it off-centered / centered or both?

Cheers  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2019, 02:27:18 by thelaughingman »

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #103 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 02:16:45 »
I think that the ordering process is quite intimidating and error prone for all the novices and beyond. I wonder if having some predefined grouped keys could help. For example: define and order an alpha set, or define a modifiers set. This is important also because people seem to forget to order the homing keys which is really despicable.

I think that most people don't know what colour to order, and so decide to pass. Probably you could add some reference to the unikey colour table, for example about which is the OG beige, or the hyperfuse gray.

This GB could be huge, but to order a full set of blanks takes too much time, dedication, and knowledge.
« Last Edit: Sat, 06 April 2019, 02:24:37 by _GMK_ »

Offline RominRonin

• * Maker
« Reply #104 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 03:23:02 »
Last time I checked the spreadsheet, there were no 1.25u row 3 (home row) caps. Looks like I'm the only one who wants those for my Katanas ;)

Offline gunnars

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 04:39:12 »
Last time I checked the spreadsheet, there were no 1.25u row 3 (home row) caps. Looks like I'm the only one who wants those for my Katanas ;)

I’m trying to get some R3/1.25u:s for my katana. Would want them at least for Nines (N9) and TA Royal Alpha (3K and AE).

Offline harlekein

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 04:49:40 »
I wonder if having some predefined grouped keys could help. For example: define and order an alpha set, or define a modifiers set. This is important also because people seem to forget to order the homing keys which is really despicable.

I think that most people don't know what colour to order, and so decide to pass. Probably you could add some reference to the unikey colour table, for example about which is the OG beige, or the hyperfuse gray.

Great ideas. Like SA blanks did. But even just a document with common layouts referencing key rows and amounts could help here.

I am concerned about homing keys making MOQ. This will result in expensive keys for some and missing for others unless I am mistaken and people really don't care for them.

@scud80 Maybe you could send a reminder or update the sheet about homing keys. It's my problem if people really don't want them but it's everyone's problem if they want them and are not thinking about them.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Offline piit79

« Reply #107 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 06:29:11 »

I am concerned about homing keys making MOQ. This will result in expensive keys for some and missing for others unless I am mistaken and people really don't care for them.

Same here. I'd love a blanks set for UT-47.2 but wouldn't want to be without homing keys. There seems to be very little interest so far... Hope that improves.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline scud80

« Reply #108 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 09:27:33 »
I'll add a note about homing keys to my update tomorrow.  I'm busy most of the day today but will be making a list of keys needed for various layouts tomorrow to add to the reference sheet tab.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #109 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 09:46:23 »

Besides the post below you, I saw another person interested in row 3 1.25u keys. He was interested in N9 dark grey

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #110 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 10:20:21 »

Besides the post below you, I saw another person interested in row 3 1.25u keys. He was interested in N9 dark grey

I'm all about them!

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #111 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 12:29:01 »
If you are on the fence about 2u N9 spacebars now is the time to add them. They are almost 2/3 of the way to MOQ. These are hard to come by unless you order a separate spacebar kit. Don't let your ortho or split build be without a spacebar!

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #112 on: Sat, 06 April 2019, 12:39:35 »
doing a full RO1 set for Red Riot, I love RO1 and wanted it to be a thing through this GB

Offline scud80

« Reply #113 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 11:06:43 »
doing a full RO1 set for Red Riot, I love RO1 and wanted it to be a thing through this GB

why RO1 instead of RO2?  RO1 is more of a maroon color.

Offline gnhuy91

« Reply #114 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 22:26:14 »

why RO1 instead of RO2?  RO1 is more of a maroon color.

bc I prefer RO1 for darker red  :p

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #115 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 22:56:53 »
Two weeks left, let's see if this reaches MOQ for most of the interested parties. Mine is not looking well, yet.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #116 on: Sun, 07 April 2019, 23:01:13 »
What's high on your list of needs right now, Ideus? Numbers are fairly good depending on the colorway.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #117 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 05:32:40 »
no love for Dolch (N9/CC) it seems  :-\

Offline bengine

« Reply #118 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 05:36:53 »
Waiting for access so I can submit mine.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 09:42:05 »

There's a good bit of N9 love. Not sure about CC though.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #120 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 10:53:01 »

There's a good bit of N9 love. Not sure about CC though.

only love for N9 R4 1u - N9 R1 1u led, and CC got nothing ==!

Offline scud80

« Reply #121 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 10:59:16 »
Since I haven't been able to do as much work while on vacation as I was planning to, I've decided to extend the buy for another week.  New end date is April 26.  I'm traveling tomorrow, and will plan to post another update on Wednesday with some new information.

Offline adxlk

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 08 April 2019, 23:49:29 »
so TKL WKL with r5 bottom row
with 150 moq price
is $106.8

Row   1u   >1u
1   32   1
2   15   2
3   11   2
4   11   3
5   3   4
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2019, 00:18:59 by adxlk »

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #123 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 00:44:40 »
Yeah I'd have to make too many compromises in what I want, to get anything for a reasonable price. Ah well.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #124 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 07:33:07 »
What's high on your list of needs right now, Ideus? Numbers are fairly good depending on the colorway.

I want split space bars in L9 and CC and some homing L9 keys, nothing fancy, but everything is far from MoQ. I ordered some Dolch split SB but deleted those lines as they were under 10 each. No love for Dolch.

Offline Nuum

« Reply #125 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 12:26:29 »
I'm in for CC and CR spacebars, but the MOQ on the CC spacebars indeed does not look good. I'm also in for R0 1u N6 keycaps, but that is probably too niche. I'd like to have those to recreate this look: https://i.imgur.com/o4BjD.jpg
« Last Edit: Tue, 09 April 2019, 12:30:15 by Nuum »

Offline piit79

« Reply #126 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 12:35:42 »

... but deleted those lines as they were under 10 each...

Please, don't do that! If everyone did that, nothing would ever make MOQ.

Everyone, please put everything you want on the sheet to at least give it a chance... You can always cancel at the end.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline NoChance

« Reply #127 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 13:43:56 »
Are bumped Row 3 keys an option?  (Like bumped F and J keys are?)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #128 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 13:59:31 »
Yeah I'd have to make too many compromises in what I want, to get anything for a reasonable price. Ah well.

I want split space bars in L9 and CC and some homing L9 keys, nothing fancy, but everything is far from MoQ. I ordered some Dolch split SB but deleted those lines as they were under 10 each. No love for Dolch.

Let's all wait it out and see what happens. Worse thing is that your keys won't make MOQ so you would just have to cancel that order. No harm in keeping the keys and seeing what happens. If you need more lines on the spreadsheet, OP can provide more for you.

There's still a few weeks left and people either have blank lines because they haven't yet filled out their order or they have just been added to the group. If everyone during the first week backed out because nothing was close to MOQ...well, the spreadsheet would be empty.

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #129 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:11:39 »
I was really hoping to get a bunch of sets to cover alphas and mods that I could mix n match at a whim. I made myself a spreadsheet with all the boards i wanted to cover for various boards and was going to do something like:

Spacebars, Homing, and Alphas: CP, CR, WS1, 2M, L9, N9
Mods: CP, CR, WS1, CC, U9, N9, 2B

(and also get a few fun colors for various positions like esc, enter, control, etc)

But it turns out homing keys are pretty unpopular… as well as many of the modifiers I was hoping to get to cover some 40s.
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #130 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 14:25:31 »
I was really hoping to get a bunch of sets to cover alphas and mods that I could mix n match at a whim. I made myself a spreadsheet with all the boards i wanted to cover for various boards and was going to do something like:

Spacebars, Homing, and Alphas: CP, CR, WS1, 2M, L9, N9
Mods: CP, CR, WS1, CC, U9, N9, 2B

(and also get a few fun colors for various positions like esc, enter, control, etc)

But it turns out homing keys are pretty unpopular… as well as many of the modifiers I was hoping to get to cover some 40s.

I don't think it's that they are unpopular, but that only 2 are needed for a set. Some people, myself included, are not aiming for whole sets though either.

Maybe Scud80 can talk to GMK and see if MOQ can be lowered for homing keys. Seems like a reasonable request. In the end, we may just have to decide on if we want bar or scooped homing keys. I'm happy to add some homing keys if it needs that extra push at the end.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #131 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 15:37:03 »
... If everyone during the first week backed out because nothing was close to MOQ...well, the spreadsheet would be empty.

+1

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #132 on: Tue, 09 April 2019, 16:25:41 »
You are totally right guys. I will put everything that I want and wait to see if they get enough demand.

Offline Lormania

« Reply #133 on: Wed, 10 April 2019, 01:16:56 »
I am really hoping for some R3 and R4 1.25u N9 love. Seems to have the best chance. I will definitely buy 10 of each if I have to but hope it can make it! Also DY getting a lot of love. Might try to make those my Mod color.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #134 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 14:25:11 »
I plan on trying to get a set of blanks for my 40 to match OG Hyperfuse and Yuri.  Going to dig into all of that this weekend.  Anyone else trying to work towards that layout and/or colorways?
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #135 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 18:07:44 »
I plan on trying to get a set of blanks for my 40 to match OG Hyperfuse and Yuri.  Going to dig into all of that this weekend.  Anyone else trying to work towards that layout and/or colorways?

Sorry. What stock colors are those?

Offline bengine

« Reply #136 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 18:10:17 »

DY & TU2?

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #137 on: Fri, 12 April 2019, 20:17:21 »

DY & TU2?

according to the GMK Database post (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79535.0)

Original Hyperfuse:
base colorlegend color
Alpha2MUN5046
ModifiersCCUN6037
Cyan ModUN6037UN5046
Purple ModUN5046UN6037

I'd love to get a 2M/CC set with DY and TU2 accents
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline CrazyNun

« Reply #138 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 06:03:35 »
No love for Caps Lock Step+LED as yet, fingers crossed for literally any colour!

Offline manassy

« Reply #139 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 09:38:58 »
put down my order for my bootleg blank gmk olivia set! unfortunately most of them are still far from MOQ! if they don't make it to 150, does that mean they won't be produced? :(

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #140 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 10:01:31 »
What will happen with under MoQ orders?

Offline typischt

[GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors
« Reply #141 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 16:47:42 »
What will happen with under MoQ orders?

From an earlier post from scud8:

I guess my question is what happens if certain color keys don't make MOQ? does that just invalidate the rows? also a sample with the correct number of keys for each row/size for a standard layout would be extremely helpful

if a row/size/color combination does not make MOQ then the people wanting those keys will have the option to buy more to meet the MOQ, or those keys will simply not be produced.

Offline scud80

« Reply #142 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 18:38:28 »
April 13 Update

The buy has now been going for 2 weeks (and 2 days), and we’re at about 23,500 caps on the order form.  There are a quite a few combinations that are already past the MOQ mark, mainly in CR, WS1, TU2, and DY colors.  Quite a few more are within 50 caps of making MOQ as well.  If you have any questions feel free to post/pm.

The buy is running until April 26, so there are 2 weeks left.  Next week I’ll switch pricing on the below-MOQ combinations so that they show how much it would cost to get to MOQ.

A brand new cap is now available.  Several people expressed interest in getting a 1.25u spacebar (Row 4), and after asking my GMK contact about it I was surprised that their MOQ for such a key isn’t nearly as high as I would have expected.  In order for them to make it, at least 1000 keys will need to be purchased, with each color having an MOQ of 150 like the rest of the caps.  This will not add much, if any, time to the manufacturing process.  The bad news is that the pricing for these is higher than the other small caps.  It’s priced the same as the big spacebars, which I suppose is what has to happen to build the cost of the mold-making into it.  But, if this is something you’ve been waiting for, here’s a chance to get the mold made and available for all future GMK sets.  It’s at the bottom of the drop-down for size.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #143 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 18:46:31 »
April 13 Update

The buy has now been going for 2 weeks (and 2 days), and we’re at about 23,500 caps on the order form.  There are a quite a few combinations that are already past the MOQ mark, mainly in CR, WS1, TU2, and DY colors.  Quite a few more are within 50 caps of making MOQ as well.  If you have any questions feel free to post/pm.

The buy is running until April 26, so there are 2 weeks left.  Next week I’ll switch pricing on the below-MOQ combinations so that they show how much it would cost to get to MOQ.

A brand new cap is now available.  Several people expressed interest in getting a 1.25u spacebar (Row 4), and after asking my GMK contact about it I was surprised that their MOQ for such a key isn’t nearly as high as I would have expected.  In order for them to make it, at least 1000 keys will need to be purchased, with each color having an MOQ of 150 like the rest of the caps.  This will not add much, if any, time to the manufacturing process.  The bad news is that the pricing for these is higher than the other small caps.  It’s priced the same as the big spacebars, which I suppose is what has to happen to build the cost of the mold-making into it.  But, if this is something you’ve been waiting for, here’s a chance to get the mold made and available for all future GMK sets.  It’s at the bottom of the drop-down for size.

Great news! I suppose/hope that most of you will push beige and black?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #144 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 20:14:12 »
N9 black enough for you _GMK_? If so, I can put some down.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #145 on: Sat, 13 April 2019, 21:40:32 »
April 13 Update

Great news! I suppose/hope that most of you will push beige and black?

Black is doing much better than beige. Just hoping for beige to reach MoQ as it is the colorway that I mostly use.

Offline harlekein

« Reply #146 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 02:53:24 »
I am in for 4 N9 1.25u spacebars.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #147 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 12:50:55 »
So, let's take this scenario- I want a full TKL of one color, and the left shift doesn't make it and all other keys do. The entire set is useless to me without it, therefore I won't pay for my invoice. I'm sure this is going to happen, and thus the way this group buy is set up is doomed to fail- classic tragedy of the commons.

What if it was like this: we take this initial phase more as a vote of how many people are down for what colors/keys, and create sets made of the most popular combinations. To address keys that people would still get without needing entire sets, we can isolate keys that made it into the MOQ that didn't make it into sets, and ask people who signed up for them if they still want them without the other keys that made it, and then tally up the new total to see if they still pass the threshold. Also, certain less common keys that are within sets can be added at any quantity, to potentially give those sets an effective lower MOQ (like R4 2.25, R4 2.75, R3 2.25, spacebars, etc).

The other positive effects: lower barrier to entry, which will attract many more people. You'll be able to make renders, people can imagine the products on their keyboards much more easily.

There will be some people that are left unhappy, but most of these people would likely not have had their keys made anyway. It seems to me this strategy maximizes the total happiness across everyone.

What do ya'll think?

Offline scud80

« Reply #148 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 15:54:26 »
Each person is responsible for making sure that their entries on the sheet are things that they will pay for and delete the things that they don't want.  I had all of 1 person not pay last year, and that was for 5 caps which didn't affect anything else.  If someone fails to pay an invoice, they won't be allowed to participate in any future GB I'm associated with.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #149 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 19:49:50 »
I think letting people order a TKL mod set, alpha set, ortho mod set, ergodox mod set would drastically increase the chance that certain sets get made.

Like, in the actual drop down.

Putting less common keys in a TKL Set (Split shift / 2u shift) will make it so everyone can be happier and actually have these folks commit to their purchases, instead of missing out on one unique key...

Seems pretty hard to adjust course now though...