Author Topic: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors  (Read 154618 times)

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
Re: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:26:34 »
REMEMBER to order some LEDs windowed caps good people, now is the chance to stock up  :cool:

kick-starting  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Beside the navigation column, what do you use the window 1u LEDs on?

Offline monkt

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:28:58 »
Thanks for the reassurance on cap thickness!

Now, to approximate GMK Serika with stock colors, which white/beige and which yellow would you all suggest? If anyone else is into this idea, it might help if we coordinated our choices to help reach MOQ. Right now I’m thinking L9 and CV. But I’ve never seen those yellows in person. Would N6 be better? Hoping for some other yellow lovers out there....

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 19:58:05 »
REMEMBER to order some LEDs windowed caps good people, now is the chance to stock up  :cool:

kick-starting  :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Beside the navigation column, what do you use the window 1u LEDs on?

Top row function keys, macropads, :)

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:02:44 »

Now, to approximate GMK Serika with stock colors, which white/beige and which yellow would you all suggest? If anyone else is into this idea, it might help if we coordinated our choices to help reach MOQ. Right now I’m thinking L9 and CV. But I’ve never seen those yellows in person. Would N6 be better? Hoping for some other yellow lovers out there....

Sitting here with serika, and CV is going to be the closer of the two. N6 is a tad darker. I think either would look good though and wouldn't be noticeable unless you put them side by side.
On another note, N6 is the yellow in Nautilus, so if anyone want's to help get spacebars to MOQ ...

Offline monkt

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:17:00 »

Sitting here with serika, and CV is going to be the closer of the two. N6 is a tad darker. I think either would look good though and wouldn't be noticeable unless you put them side by side.
On another note, N6 is the yellow in Nautilus, so if anyone want's to help get spacebars to MOQ ...

Thanks for the input. I may go with N6 in that case. Any idea whch existing sets use CV? Trying to get a sense of how much more orange N6 leans by contrast.

As for the N6 spacebar, I can probably help with that since it would work toward the GMK Handarbeit set I’d like to put together. Seems that set won’t likely get made, so this might be the only way to get something close. Fortunately, I think that one would work particularly well with blanks.

Offline pcire

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:19:59 »
Don’t own nautilus, but plan to some day. Will get some N6 spacebars

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #56 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 20:30:42 »

Thanks for the input. I may go with N6 in that case. Any idea whch existing sets use CV? Trying to get a sense of how much more orange N6 leans by contrast.

As for the N6 spacebar, I can probably help with that since it would work toward the GMK Handarbeit set I’d like to put together. Seems that set won’t likely get made, so this might be the only way to get something close. Fortunately, I think that one would work particularly well with blanks.
This is the best I could get with my phone on the difference in direct sunlight. Hope it gives a better idea. I have no idea in regards to CV though, I haven't seen a set that uses it yet.

Thanks! I think there's also a lot of people who want the spacebars kit for Nautilus. There was only one in the last re-cap :(. So hoping more people hop on board for the color.

Tapatalk を使用して私の SM-G975F から送信

Offline monkt

« Reply #57 on: Tue, 02 April 2019, 21:03:58 »
This is the best I could get with my phone on the difference in direct sunlight. Hope it gives a better idea. I have no idea in regards to CV though, I haven't seen a set that uses it yet.

That’s super helpful, thanks for the comparison shots!

Which size spacebars are you hoping for in N6? I’ll add what I can to my order.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 01:50:35 »
All of them lol.
In order of importance for me I guess it would be 6.25, 7, 2.75, 2.25, 1. Thanks!

Offline kennardsmith

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 14:52:06 »
Is it possible to get more rows? I am going to need a lot more :O

EDIT: Sent a PM
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 April 2019, 14:59:21 by kennardsmith »
[Control] is just left side of [A]. It comes from Sun Type3 key layout.

Offline piit79

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 15:10:23 »
Don’t own nautilus, but plan to some day. Will get some N6 spacebars
Same here!

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline scud80

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 03 April 2019, 22:46:54 »
We’re about a week into the GB period and there are currently a bit over 15000 caps on the order form, though a number of types still need some help to get to MOQ.  I will be traveling for the next 6 days; I will still be adding new people and answering questions, but it might take me a little longer than during the first week.

In the next couple days I will begin updating the “Current Quantities” tab on the order sheet, probably once a day.  The tab will have a full list of all the caps that have been added to the order sheet, sorted by quantity (high to low).

A small plug for Ergodox caps:
The caps that I’m personally buying are to make Ergodox kits with CR and WS1, plus blank alphas.  For anybody else that’s interested in these, please consider adding a few extra of the Row 1 and Row 3 1.5u caps, as these will be of less interest to non-Ergodox users.  Also, I’ve currently got 2u spacebars to use for the 2u vertical keys, mainly because there is interest in 2u spacebars outside of Ergodox.  I would actually prefer to use Row 2/3 vertical 2u keys for those, but there’s currently no interest in those.  Do others prefer to use the convex keys for 2u on Ergodox?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 00:37:15 »
As an ergo user, I'm happy to throw in a few extra 1.5u mods as needed. My ergo layout doesn't call for 2u vertical mods, but if we're only a few away from making MOQ on those, I'm happy to throw in those as well. 2u spacebars for the vertical mods definitely makes sense in terms of reaching MOQ; however, as far as use, I don't have experience using 2u spacebars because of what I mentioned above. 

Also, let me throw in a plug for N9 (dark grey) keys. A lot of sets use them. GMK SkIIdata, GMK Nines, GMK 9009, GMK Terminal, a few others and also the most recent one on Massdrop incorporates it as well, GMK Eclipse. I've also noticed that the dark grey from Carbon is not too far off N9. But the white and black of CR and WS1 definitely make sense too if you are needing keys to match other sets.

Offline pcire

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 01:40:56 »
Also, let me throw in a plug for N9 (dark grey) keys. A lot of sets use them. GMK SkIIdata, GMK Nines, GMK 9009, GMK Terminal, a few others and also the most recent one on Massdrop incorporates it as well, GMK Eclipse.

You forgot GMK Serika ;)

Offline harlekein

« Reply #64 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 02:42:05 »
TU2 is doing really well, but no one is buying homing keys. Do people not use them or are they forgetting them?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #65 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 03:17:02 »
Are enough people buying in to make different row/colour/size combinations meet MOQ? Or doing things like buying all-R3 sets to boost numbers?

(don't have access to spreadsheet yet, but considering buying in. Would be after TU1/TU2/N9 primarily, maybe some MG/DY)
« Last Edit: Thu, 04 April 2019, 03:29:30 by sevenseacat »

Offline harlekein

« Reply #66 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 03:31:40 »
Are enough people buying in to make different row/colour/size combinations meet MOQ? Or doing things like buying all-R3 sets to boost numbers?

(don't have access to spreadsheet yet, but considering buying in. Would be after TU1/TU2/N9 primarily, maybe some MG/DY)

N9 is doing reasonably well and I believe should hit MOQ. TU1 and TU2 are already there by a large margin, but like I said, no one is buying homing keys. Black and white are doing well too.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #67 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 03:34:20 »
oh hell yeah count me in then!

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 05:34:08 »
This is very interesting and I'm going to buy a lot of spacebars and convex keys. Too bad that the the universally used 1.25 key isn't available as convex, I think that gmk has no mold for it (can we ask them to make it???? Surely we can purchase 1000 units or more.... Pressing the right alt is one of the more annoying gestures, since you press directly on the border of the key.

Yet I'm trying to figure out what other keys will I buy.... Perhaps a modifier set with an improbable purple color? What is your inspiration with this buy?

Offline piit79

« Reply #69 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 07:08:21 »

Too bad that the the universally used 1.25 key isn't available as convex, I think that gmk has no mold for it (can we ask them to make it???? Surely we can purchase 1000 units or more.... Pressing the right alt is one of the more annoying gestures, since you press directly on the border of the key.

I think you're being overly optimistic. While I do agree with you personally and would love to have all my alts convex, we seem to be a small minority. (And some of the others that care will tell you you're doing it wrong ;) )

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline deacon

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 07:31:09 »
So grateful for this! I've been wanting something like this since LSB's Ortho Adapter Kit just before Nautilus.

I'd prefer CR for the convex caps but will switch to N9 if that gets us over MOQ.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #71 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 07:42:03 »
This is very interesting and I'm going to buy a lot of spacebars and convex keys. Too bad that the the universally used 1.25 key isn't available as convex, I think that gmk has no mold for it (can we ask them to make it???? Surely we can purchase 1000 units or more.... Pressing the right alt is one of the more annoying gestures, since you press directly on the border of the key.

Yet I'm trying to figure out what other keys will I buy.... Perhaps a modifier set with an improbable purple color? What is your inspiration with this buy?

We could probably hit 1K if we all choose the same color. What color are you most interested in?

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #72 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 07:43:35 »
Also, let me throw in a plug for N9 (dark grey) keys. A lot of sets use them. GMK SkIIdata, GMK Nines, GMK 9009, GMK Terminal, a few others and also the most recent one on Massdrop incorporates it as well, GMK Eclipse.

You forgot GMK Serika ;)

Yeah. There are a few that I left out. I think Violent Tendencies and 1 or 2 more use N9

Offline js

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:00:34 »

I'd be interested in a 1.25 convex key (I'm assuming you mean blank). Is 1000 the MOQ for new molds?

Offline drkwtc

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 09:08:04 »
Still waiting for scud80's answer on the availability of the 1.25u convex caps, as well as the 3u convex spacebars. I could order 150 black (CR) just to hit the MOQ for those.

Offline _GMK_

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 10:54:39 »
Still waiting for scud80's answer on the availability of the 1.25u convex caps, as well as the 3u convex spacebars. I could order 150 black (CR) just to hit the MOQ for those.

If the price is acceptable, we can surely buy more than one unit. The OP will decide if the interest would be bigger by making it available as blank only, or blank plus doubleshot. I think that I could be huge. Just imagine a full convex bottom row... Fantastic.

Offline piit79

« Reply #76 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 13:07:01 »

.. making it available as blank only, or blank plus doubleshot...

What do you mean? This is a Blanks group buy, so no legends, no doubleshot... :-)

Offline equalunique

« Reply #77 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 16:24:05 »
I could use two 1.25u convex keys in N9 for my Tex Yoda II & I don't mind buying some more just to meet MOQ.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 20:06:35 »
Would it be a good idea to combine all of the disparate efforts to reach MOQ on certain caps somehow? I'd be 100% supportive of getting certain caps to tip regardless of color, but if we're all moving in different directions, it's going to prove difficult.

Is there a discord channel or something similar available that we could leverage for a group effort? I'm sorry if I'm late to the game with this idea, but I really think this GB is a great opportunity to outfit some wacky layouts.

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 21:14:04 »
Would it be a good idea to combine all of the disparate efforts to reach MOQ on certain caps somehow? I'd be 100% supportive of getting certain caps to tip regardless of color, but if we're all moving in different directions, it's going to prove difficult.

Is there a discord channel or something similar available that we could leverage for a group effort? I'm sorry if I'm late to the game with this idea, but I really think this GB is a great opportunity to outfit some wacky layouts.

Absolutely. I think Scud80 is going to be helping in this regard in about a week's time, but I could be misinterpreting what he said.

What kind of wacky keys are you interested in pushing past MOQ?

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #80 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 21:22:54 »
Awesome, time to start adding keys... and now I realize how little I know about my own keyboard layouts and key sizes because I'm like what do I even need lulz

Offline scud80

« Reply #81 on: Thu, 04 April 2019, 22:09:55 »
there aren't molds for 1.25u/3u convex.  i'll ask what sort of MOQ they'd need in order to produce a mold for it, but that would likely need to be a separate after this buy concludes.

i've set up a basic discord server, which you're welcome to join for discussion/planning/coordination.  it's the first time i've set up a server so there might be some hiccups before i get all the settings nailed down.  here's the invite: https://discord.gg/AyWnAQ6

Offline _GMK_

« Reply #82 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 01:59:07 »
there aren't molds for 1.25u/3u convex.  i'll ask what sort of MOQ they'd need in order to produce a mold for it, but that would likely need to be a separate after this buy concludes.

i've set up a basic discord server, which you're welcome to join for discussion/planning/coordination.  it's the first time i've set up a server so there might be some hiccups before i get all the settings nailed down.  here's the invite: https://discord.gg/AyWnAQ6

We'll wait for gmk then :-) Can you call them to have a faster answer? In my experience they answer in 3÷20 days. There's ALWAYS someone on vacation... ALWAYS  :)) :))
Obviously doing the 1.25 convex buy now would be better, because we save on shipping.

Offline yicaoyimu

« Reply #83 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 02:10:44 »
Since most likely my endgame set Handarbeit will never happen, I may as well build a blank Handarbeit set.
KMAC2 - Matrix Lab 8XV2.0 - TGR Jane v2 CE - KBD8X MKII - Meridian - Matrix Lab Noah - Fallacy x2 - MGA Standard - Geon Frog mini - Amano - Ciel60 - Prime_Elise - Matrix Lab 6XV3.0 aka Corsa

Offline piit79

« Reply #84 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 03:28:40 »
Would anybody know which stock colour would be the closest to the GMK Carbon's dark gray (modifier) colour? Also, how far off the Carbon orange is V2? When I was joining the GB I was still in the "TKL is all that I will ever use" mindset (yeah, still a noob ;) so I didn't order the spacekeys kit :-/ I'd love to get  some 2.25u/2.75u spacebars.

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #85 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 04:14:43 »
Would anybody know which stock colour would be the closest to the GMK Carbon's dark gray (modifier) colour? Also, how far off the Carbon orange is V2? When I was joining the GB I was still in the "TKL is all that I will ever use" mindset (yeah, still a noob ;) so I didn't order the spacekeys kit :-/ I'd love to get  some 2.25u/2.75u spacebars.

N9 is what you are looking for. (photo courtesy of T0mb3ry himself)

Offline piit79

« Reply #86 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 05:48:50 »

Quote from: Furikurichemy link=topic=100031.msg2745428#msg2745428
Show Image

N9 is what you are looking for. (photo courtesy of T0mb3ry himself)

Awesome, thanks! It seems very close.

Buy N9 spacebars, good people! We are still way off MOQ...

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #87 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 09:34:44 »
I've heard Carbon orange is close to GMK V2, but I haven't seen any side by side shots to compare the two.

Offline Albatross

« Reply #88 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 11:08:40 »
Curious, for quantities that doesn't hit moq, will it happen at non moq prices, or the keys will be cancelled?

for those that don't get to 150, the people interested in them will have the option to buy enough so that they get to 150.  if they'd rather not do that, then those keys won't be ordered.

I'm assuming this also holds true for the larger spacebars?

Offline monkt

« Reply #89 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 11:28:10 »

Will you also unlock the spreadsheet page that shows a sortable listing of current quantities by color and size? Would be very useful to get an idea of which of my plans are never going to work out. Then I can adjust my order according to what looks at least vaguely possible based on current orders.

Offline AlexAtPanc

• Panc Interactive
« Reply #90 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 11:37:05 »

Will you also unlock the spreadsheet page that shows a sortable listing of current quantities by color and size? Would be very useful to get an idea of which of my plans are never going to work out. Then I can adjust my order according to what looks at least vaguely possible based on current orders.

You should be able to do that now. I am able to add a "Temporary Filter" to the top row, through my Google Account.

Offline scud80

« Reply #91 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 12:37:18 »
The "Current Quantities" tab in the sheet has now been updated.  I'll plan to update it at least once a day.  Note that everything is showing up twice in the list (once for the USD price and once for the Euro price).

Regarding the 1.25u convex, I'll hear back on Monday, but I will not be including it in this buy.  Even if it's something that will work out it would delay fulfillment for the current buy.  My guess is that the cost/MOQ for making a new mold is going to be fairly high (like in the 5000-10000 range in terms of MOQ), but perhaps I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2019, 13:23:24 by scud80 »

Offline buhbang

« Reply #92 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 13:51:11 »
is anyone doing only single profile? Thinking about maybe doing only R4... has anyone tried that profile? or maybe R3 and R4 only

I'll probably decide what to do on the last week of the gb
« Last Edit: Fri, 05 April 2019, 13:54:07 by buhbang »

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #93 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 14:02:56 »
is anyone doing only single profile? Thinking about maybe doing only R4... has anyone tried that profile? or maybe R3 and R4 only

You may not have to do that depending on the color. Which color (s) are you leaning towards?

Offline buhbang

« Reply #94 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 14:05:41 »

You may not have to do that depending on the color. Which color (s) are you leaning towards?

I'm just getting bunch of colors. ws1 and cr is fine. but also want dy/mg1/ro2

Offline monkt

« Reply #95 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 15:22:58 »
Yeah, I got the sorting working now, thanks!

As was already said, CR and WS1 are fine if that’s your thing, but since literally every single board at my workplace is a crappy rendition of WOB, I would rather type on bare switches than put black caps on my own boards.

I’m hopeful more colors will get better support. The only “colorful” option I’ve noticed with strong backing thus far is TU2. Not my first choice, but I’ll happily jump in to help it along. I don’t think my own preferences will come anywhere near MOQ as things stand, so if anyone wants help coordinating support for colors other than black and white, please speak up. Maybe if we get on the same page we can make at least a few less predictable alternatives a real possibility.

Offline scud80

« Reply #96 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 15:33:46 »
i would be up for buying some RO2 (red) and V4 (blue) caps if there's interest in that.

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #97 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 18:38:42 »
I'm looking at blank Skeletor set with TU2 and DY. Luv the colour scheme but hated how the characters appear.

Had some bites on Reddit but I'll try to coordinate some more interest in a separate post.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #98 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 19:09:40 »
I'm looking at blank Skeletor set with TU2 and DY. Luv the colour scheme but hated how the characters appear.

Had some bites on Reddit but I'll try to coordinate some more interest in a separate post.

Do you need some DY modifiers? I don't mind adding some to my order.

Offline Pemdas

• (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ᶠᶫᵒᵃᵗᶦᶰᵍ ᶫᶦᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵇᵘᵗᵗᵉʳᶠᶫʸ
« Reply #99 on: Fri, 05 April 2019, 19:38:43 »
Trying to get a full N5 blank set going, my blank blue set is getting pretty worn :))

Modifiers will probably be hard but the 1U keys are looking promising :thumb:

Rethinking the set idea. Seems like Row1 is the only one that even looks close to passing. And don't really need a bunch of Row1 keys by themselves :))
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2019, 18:53:19 by Pemdas »
HHKB2 | Orion v2 | TGR-03 Proto | Octagon v2 | JD45 | BlackBird | Mira SE | Viper v2 | SX60 | E8-v1 | Alice | LZ GH v2 | No 1/65 | 910SE | Kyuu | LZ CLS ms | UNIKORN | PhysiX