Author Topic: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors  (Read 154636 times)

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
Re: [GB] GMK Blank keycaps, any row/size in standard GMK colors
« Reply #150 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 21:11:43 »
Each person is responsible for making sure that their entries on the sheet are things that they will pay for and delete the things that they don't want.  I had all of 1 person not pay last year, and that was for 5 caps which didn't affect anything else.  If someone fails to pay an invoice, they won't be allowed to participate in any future GB I'm associated with.

So we'll have to take the things that don't make MOQ off beforehand?

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 21:37:11 »
Each person is responsible for making sure that their entries on the sheet are things that they will pay for and delete the things that they don't want.  I had all of 1 person not pay last year, and that was for 5 caps which didn't affect anything else.  If someone fails to pay an invoice, they won't be allowed to participate in any future GB I'm associated with.
How’s it going man. I submitted two requests and PMd you over the last week or so. Any chance I could get some help?

Offline scud80

« Reply #152 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 21:41:39 »
I think letting people order a TKL mod set, alpha set, ortho mod set, ergodox mod set would drastically increase the chance that certain sets get made.

I disagree.  It would still require 150 people to buy a TKL set, which is more than 1/3 of the people that have access to the sheet right now.  Even in the SP buy which had *much* lower MOQ requirements, there were very few caps ordered bigger than 2u.  However, I could be wrong, and I may experiment with it if I run this buy again next year (which is a big if).

So we'll have to take the things that don't make MOQ off beforehand?

That's partially correct.  The pricing displayed on the sheet will be adjusted in a week so that it represents what it would cost to make MOQ.  So you won't be deleting things that are below MOQ ... you'll be deleting things that are too expensive.  Combinations that are at 130 pieces, for example, would show a price that's 15% higher than the 150 tier in order to cover the last 20 caps (which would be distributed to the people buying that combination).  Combinations that are only at 50 pieces would show a price that's 3x the 150 tier.  I'll provide all this info with examples and such when I do next weekend's update. 

tl;dr you'll need to delete things you don't want prior to me locking the sheet.

How’s it going man. I submitted two requests and PMd you over the last week or so. Any chance I could get some help?

You're on the sheet; you were actually added twice since I didn't notice the duplicate submission.  If you didn't get a notification from Google, check your Sheets dashboard.
« Last Edit: Sun, 14 April 2019, 21:59:46 by scud80 »

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #153 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 22:48:53 »
Thanks! I see it now!

You're on the sheet; you were actually added twice since I didn't notice the duplicate submission.  If you didn't get a notification from Google, check your Sheets dashboard.
[/quote]

Offline fireworm

« Reply #154 on: Sun, 14 April 2019, 22:57:47 »

I think letting people order a TKL mod set, alpha set, ortho mod set, ergodox mod set would drastically increase the chance that certain sets get made.

I disagree.  It would still require 150 people to buy a TKL set, which is more than 1/3 of the people that have access to the sheet right now.  Even in the SP buy which had *much* lower MOQ requirements, there were very few caps ordered bigger than 2u.  However, I could be wrong, and I may experiment with it if I run this buy again next year (which is a big if).

150 folks need to support ANSI Mods for them to get made. Regardless of offering a set drop down or not.

Offering an easier ordering process makes it easier to support. With a set, it guarantees that if the set makes it, all keys also make it. All or nothing. Not an awkward "ANSI Mods (but minus the right shift)"

Offline js

« Reply #155 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 01:27:17 »
Just wanted to note that if everyone got the same color, the numbers would look a LOT better. For standard ANSI TKL, the only keys that would be below MOQ are row 1 - 2u (60) and row 4 - 2.75u (85). But most people probably have strong color preferences so I guess this isn't really possible.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 05:00:53 »
The new 1.25 convex spacebars aren't doing too well, but hey.... they've just been added.

Is there a way to publicize them outside this gb? I'm sure that a new thread could help. Maybe an IC, considering that we need 1000 orders (150 per color). We could also try to make thing better by limiting the order maybe to few colors?
Has this been posted on other fan sites like deskthority, reddit, and the various reddit spinoffs?
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2019, 06:30:33 by _GMK_ »

Offline spring_forward

« Reply #157 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 08:17:13 »
I'm looking to buy a number of modifier caps in U9 and possibly other colors-- GE1, CR, TU1, TU2, etc.  I'm glad to work with other folks to try to make sure our orders hit MOQ.  I'll commit to ordering a bunch of yours if you'll order some of mine. 

Also looking to order 6.25u spacebars.  That's going to be tough, but if we pick a couple colors and commit to buying 10 of each, we might be able to make it happen.  For this, I'm specifically interested in U9 spacebars, which are really hard to find.

Lastly, I'm very interested in putting together some adapter kits for OG Cherry sets.  Let me know if you want to put together some standard kits for beige, WoB, or dolch.  If we find enough people willing to commit to 5-10 kits, maybe some will make MOQ.  These could possibly be resold on r/mm as well.

Many thanks to scud80 for making this happen!

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #158 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 08:35:57 »
I'm looking to buy a number of modifier caps in U9 and possibly other colors-- GE1, CR, TU1, TU2, etc.  I'm glad to work with other folks to try to make sure our orders hit MOQ.  I'll commit to ordering a bunch of yours if you'll order some of mine. 

Based on current committed quantities, if we want to get modifiers in, I think we'll have to focus on CR, WS1, DY, and maybe TU2. I'm currently in for about 3 TKL/75% keyboards in CR, could use some help on the modifiers / spacebars.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 09:33:44 »

I'm looking to buy a number of modifier caps in U9 and ...

I want some U9 blanks. Currently am committed to 26 Row 4 - 1u.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Offline spring_forward

« Reply #160 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 10:14:17 »
Based on current committed quantities, if we want to get modifiers in, I think we'll have to focus on CR, WS1, DY, and maybe TU2. I'm currently in for about 3 TKL/75% keyboards in CR, could use some help on the modifiers / spacebars.

I think that CR and DY are almost there, and maybe they won't need much of a push. 

TU2 and WS1 look like mostly alphas now (though it seems everyone is forgetting about homing keys).  I'd be interested in mod kits for either color.  Can we put together a standard kit that would be flexible enough for 60% - 65% - 75% - TKL?  We could just go with the mods from Jamon Core or something like that.  If we push hard maybe we can get enough interest to make MOQ for at least one of those two colors.

I'm currently down for 4 x CR 6.25u spacebars and I'm willing to get more to make that happen.  Which CR mods are short?  I can chip in on those, especially capslock and some shift caps, others as well. 

Right now I'd really like to see U9 R4 1.25u happen and could definitely use some help there.  Unfortunately, U9 capslock and spacebar look like longshots at this point.

Offline spring_forward

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 10:21:03 »
I want some U9 blanks. Currently am committed to 26 Row 4 - 1u.

Nice.  I'm down for about the same number of R4 1u.  I think that's close to MOQ, and I'd be willing to split the difference with everyone else.

What other U9 blanks are you looking for?  I'd really like to see R4 1.25u happen.  That's about a third of the way.

Offline hamilton

« Reply #162 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 12:59:18 »
I really want some R1-4 1.5u for my boardwalk. Would prefer U9 or CR, but it looks like DY might be the only color that will hit MOQ for all 4 rows.

Offline mta

« Reply #163 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 13:08:33 »
Really wanted to pick up some spacebars but they're nowhere near MOQ, lol.

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #164 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 13:24:43 »
Really wanted to pick up some spacebars but they're nowhere near MOQ, lol.

Yeah, I'm down for 41 CR 6.25 spacebars and even then I don't think we'll hit MOQ.  :(

I know I'm buying a crazy amount, but not down to fill out the whole order. :/

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 15:38:23 »
I think that CR and DY are almost there, and maybe they won't need much of a push. 

Here's the current quantities for each color's mods:

CR Mods

R1 2u - 22
R2 1.5u - 171
R3 1.75u - 36
R3 2.25u - 18
R4 2.25u - 41
R4 2.75u - 21
R4 1.75u - 46

R4 1.25u - 226

DY Mods

R1 2u - 6
R2 1.5u - 272
R3 1.75u - 160
R3 2.25u - 137
R4 2.25u - 170
R4 2.75u - 16
R4 1.75u - 135
R4 1.25u - 75

Using a quick script I wrote, here's the progress to total (where total means > 150 per mod) for each color:

CR: 40.33%
DY: 68.25%

So, DY is doing much better. How should we build support for these? I really, really want the black blanks...

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 15:44:36 »
My long-time dream is to reproduce this render:

Offline placebo guy

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 17:05:35 »
It's hard to garner any support for those CR Shift keys and everyone seems to love DY 1.75U right Shift keys for their 60 and 65 layouts.
Leopold TKL MXRed; RF 103U 55G; WASD MXBlack; Unicomp Spacesaver; AT101W; RK-9000 Blue; various Filco

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #168 on: Mon, 15 April 2019, 18:42:38 »
RL Scenario  :cool:

217376-0

Offline jebbra

• jebbra.net
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 04:14:07 »
Whoa this is really good! This can actually expand GMK Mondrian to become ANSI/ISO and even Ergodox! Will join for sure!

Offline spring_forward

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 08:28:48 »
Using a quick script I wrote, here's the progress to total (where total means > 150 per mod) for each color:

CR: 40.33%
DY: 68.25%

So, DY is doing much better. How should we build support for these? I really, really want the black blanks...

Thanks for doing this work!  I'm also very interested in CR blanks.  I think there are a few ways we could try to build support.  Here's my suggestion:

The lowest quantity mod CR caps are at about 20, so we need a minimum of 130 more commitments to the CR mod kit in order for this to happen.  I think it's about $15 to buy all of the caps that are short (including 6.25u spacebar).  So if everyone who buys in will commit to ordering two of each of those caps, we only need 65 people.

We can take this to r/mm as an informal gb.  We can ask for commitments, and then inform everyone when we've reached 65, at which point they can join the official group buy and put in their orders for the mods and whatever 1u caps they need.  Of course this all depends on everyone acting in good faith.

Two selling points:

1.  Once these mod caps meet MOQ, most staggered layouts up to TKL will be possible.  100% is sort of doable if one is willing to cheat backspace for numpad 2u caps.

2.  All standard CR alphas are near or at 1000 (not including homing caps), so it's super cheap to fill out the rest of a board.  We can work out some better numbers, but I think it comes to about $60 for TKL alphas/navs/f-row.  That's ~$90 total for a blank CR set even if you buy 2x capslock, 2x enter, etc.  Not too bad for a very unique GMK keyset.

I guess another alternative would be to bundle a CR blank mod kit with decent compatibility, and then run a GB on top of this GB.  I think it would be around $50, if it were to include enough caps for 65% - 75% -TKL.  But unfortunately that's not something that I'd be able to commit to, though I could help out with running numbers and so on.

And a final alternative would be to get a vendor to buy in.  I'm guessing that most of the big dogs (e.g. Originative) get better rates from GMK.  But maybe some of the smaller players might be interested.  Regardless, this is probably something that would need scud80's approval.

By the way-- I'm also in Boston.

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 08:50:45 »
Can we get some help for the CR Row 3 - 1.75u LED? There's really no set or add ons that have cr center stem led capslocks so this would be the only chance to get them. I've put down for 50(yes I desperately want this to happen). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 12:22:13 »
Can we get some help for the CR Row 3 - 1.75u LED? There's really no set or add ons that have cr center stem led capslocks so this would be the only chance to get them. I've put down for 50(yes I desperately want this to happen). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm in for 10 now. Any chance you want some spare 6.25U CR spacebars?  :p

Offline Wojtko

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 15:54:45 »
Hi, could anyone explain me the difference between R4 2.25 and R4 2.25 spacebar?

Offline fireworm

« Reply #174 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 16:17:17 »
Hi, could anyone explain me the difference between R4 2.25 and R4 2.25 spacebar?

Spacebar is convex, otherwise it's just a 'shift' key (concave).

Offline Wojtko

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 16:22:06 »

Spacebar is convex, otherwise it's just a 'shift' key (concave).
Thank you :D

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 17:20:34 »

Will bump on my number if anybody jumps on some 1u R0 CR Led  :p

Offline js

« Reply #177 on: Tue, 16 April 2019, 22:38:28 »
I'm also interested in a full CR set. I calculated some numbers that I think are useful. But please take everything with a grain of salt because there's probably many factors I haven't considered.

Number of keycaps ordered by color: 7557 CR; 4189 WS1; 3043 N9; 3039 DY; 2044 TU2. Everything else is below 500. Since CR is highest by far, the rest of my numbers concern CR only.

Ignoring MOQ scaling, the cost of an ANSI TKL set is around 68$.

The cost to buy 150 of each keycap is $12,858. If we ignore keycaps where there are zero CR orders, the number becomes $9690. If we ignore keycaps with under 10 orders, the number becomes $7503.

The current sum of CR orders is $6577. To get all orders through, $5885 of more purchases is required. To ensure all keycaps, including ones with 0 orders currently, hit 150 MOQ, $9053 of more orders is needed. To ensure all keycaps, excluding ones with under 10 orders, hit 150 MOQ, $3755 of more orders is needed.

I think some (or many) of us have realized that for most orders to reach MOQ, we'll have to buy extra keycaps. I think there should be a way to solve this problem that is reasonably fair.

One proposal I have is to do two things (the numbers are made up, we can use different ones):
- First, lower the initial MOQ of 150. For CR, let's say we lower it to 50. This 50 will be used for scaling purposes if a keycap doesn't reach 50.
- Second, raise the price of all keycaps. For CR, let's say we increase prices by 50%. The 50% increase will help us buy keycaps that don't hit 150 MOQ. Regarding the extra 50% we spend on keycaps, we'll just get random keycaps equal in value to the 50% extra we spent.

I think this solves two things: (1) everyone will pitch in to make sure things hit MOQ, and (2) people who want extremely uncommon keycaps will still be hit by MOQ scaling, but not nearly as hard as before. Also, as we get more orders, we can reduce the 50% price increase, and maybe also further reduce the 50 initial MOQ.

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 04:28:32 »
Will bump on my number if anybody jumps on some 1u R0 CR Led  :p

I'm in for 10 now. Any chance you want some spare 6.25U CR spacebars?  :p

I added myself for 5 of each. Hopefully more will get on board for those.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 04:52:50 »
Cool!

Are we ditching CP?

Then I can change around where is needed :)

And can anyone see if I am missing something to have enough for a full set for CR and CP ( or any other top color )?  :confused:

217460-0

217462-1
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 April 2019, 04:55:46 by RETURNISO »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 05:33:34 »
is there a cheat sheet somewhere? say for example, I need to order caps for ANSI WKL TKL split Right shift?

I just don't want to make a mistake.

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 06:12:25 »
is there a cheat sheet somewhere? say for example, I need to order caps for ANSI WKL TKL split Right shift?

Just add the caps you need in the sheet, OP will let us know what will hit moq etc. And you can see the numbers in the sheet

TKL WKL split right shift should be:

32x R1 1u
1x R1  2u ( backspace )
15x R2 1u
2x 1.5 R2 ( tab and pipe )
11x R3 1u
1x 1.75u ( capslock)
1x 2.25 ( enter )
15x R4 1u
1x R4 2.25u ( left shift )
1x R4 1.75u ( split right shift )
4x R4 1.5u ( control and alt )
1x 7u spacebar

:thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 17 April 2019, 06:15:32 by RETURNISO »

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 07:16:55 »

Just add the caps you need in the sheet, OP will let us know what will hit moq etc. And you can see the numbers in the sheet

32x R1 1u
1x R1  2u ( backspace )
15x R2 1u
11x R3 1u
1x 1.75u ( capslock)
1x 2.25 ( enter )
15x R4 1u
1x 7u spacebar

Dude thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RETURNISO

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 07:57:36 »

32x R1 1u
1x R1  2u ( backspace )
15x R2 1u
11x R3 1u
1x 1.75u ( capslock)
1x 2.25 ( enter )
15x R4 1u
1x 7u spacebar

Dude thank you so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Np!

Maybe just remember to get get a couple of extras keys of everything for backup :P

Offline Wojtko

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 08:46:58 »
Please, give some more love to 2.25 and 2.75 spacebars  :(

Offline Furikurichemy

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 09:02:24 »

+1

Offline jagger27

• ne 1.5U supers???
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 09:12:53 »
I added myself for 5 of each. Hopefully more will get on board for those.

Awesome, thank you.

Offline Typ0

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 13:51:55 »
Cool!

Are we ditching CP?

Then I can change around where is needed :)

And can anyone see if I am missing something to have enough for a full set for CR and CP ( or any other top color )?  :confused:

Judging from your name and picture I'd guess you're probably missing an ISO-enter. This is especially unfortunate, since those are having kind of a hard time. For most of the other caps CR looks quite nice. Having to buy 3-5 (not needed) extras for something like the row1-2u wouldn't seem to be a biggie for an otherwise reasonably priced set... but ISO-enter lurks around at 5 caps total.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 14:07:01 »

L9 needs to hit pls

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:14:02 »
Ladies and gentleman, looks like we've got vendor buy-in for CR!'

EDIT: The vendor, grizzly_teddy of ohkeycaps.com seems to have removed his support from CR... unless that's just temporary and he's moving stuff around.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:38:29 by booleanjulien »

Offline booleanjulien

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:22:29 »
I decided I'd try some R5 and R0 keys, since they're in the green too! The only problem is that there's no R5 spacebars... is that a mistake?

Offline equalunique

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:40:43 »

L9 needs to hit pls

What 1u L9 keys are you interested in? I am trying to get either U9 or L9 for a couple XD75re builds.

Offline equalunique

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 15:42:08 »
Ladies and gentleman, looks like we've got vendor buy-in for CR!'

EDIT: The vendor, grizzly_teddy of ohkeycaps.com seems to have removed his support from CR... unless that's just temporary and he's moving stuff around.
Would be nice if they stocked ErgoDox kits in CR. An IC happened last fall for such a kit, but only got like 17 responses after a couple weeks I think.

Offline drkwtc

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 16:07:31 »
It looks like TKL hit MOQ in CR (excepting the deep dish homing caps), but the numpad doesn't have a chance. This was also an oportunity to get GMK to put a 1.25u convex spacebar mold in place, but no one really cared about it. Too bad.

Offline micklll

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 00:32:35 »
bit late to the party, just requested to join the form

Offline Kawamashi

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 01:14:08 »
Same for me !

Offline piit79

« Reply #196 on: Fri, 19 April 2019, 05:32:39 »
bit late to the party, just requested to join the form
Same for me !
It's never too late to join! Unless it's after 26th April, then it's too late :D

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline scud80

« Reply #197 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 16:00:49 »
April 21 Update:

There are now 5 days left in the buy, and as of this morning there were 59 different types of keys already above MOQ.  Sorry about the sheet being so slow ... the "Current Quantities" tab updates on each change which can bog it down.  Hopefully it's not too much of a pain.

Important pricing info: I have now updated the pricing formula on the sheet, so that the price displayed is what you will have to pay for the keys to reach MOQ.  Now is the time to decide whether or not you want to keep these keys in your order.  If you do not, you must delete them.  Check back a few times, because as people delete or add more keys the pricing will change for all keys that are below MOQ.

Here’s an example.  Say that you want 4 1u keys in a combination that currently has a total of 50 on the sheet.  The price per key will now show $3.78 per key.  If the buy finishes at this level, then each person would pay $3.78 per key listed in their order, but would actually receive 3 times that number, so for that line you would pay $11.34 and receive 12 keys.  If you want 4 1u keys and there are only 15 on the sheet, then you’d pay $12.60 per key ($50.40 total) and receive 40 keys.

All quantities that remain on the order sheet will be invoiced at the prices listed next weekend.  I will stop adding new people to the sheet on Tuesday, and post another update on Thursday to remind you once again to double-check your section of the sheet.  Any unpaid invoices have the potential to mess up pricing for many other people.  So please, don’t be a ****.
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 April 2019, 16:11:52 by scud80 »

Offline scud80

« Reply #198 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 16:27:35 »
I really want some R1-4 1.5u for my boardwalk. Would prefer U9 or CR, but it looks like DY might be the only color that will hit MOQ for all 4 rows.

Pricing is updated to reflect what it will cost to get to MOQ.  Since you only need a couple it would be expensive, but possibly not backbreaking in CR and WS1 (I'm on both of those currently).  Price per key will drop substantially if only a few more people jump on those.

I decided I'd try some R5 and R0 keys, since they're in the green too! The only problem is that there's no R5 spacebars... is that a mistake?

In the availability sheet they sent me, there are no R5 spacebars.

The new 1.25 convex spacebars aren't doing too well, but hey.... they've just been added.

Is there a way to publicize them outside this gb? I'm sure that a new thread could help. Maybe an IC, considering that we need 1000 orders (150 per color). We could also try to make thing better by limiting the order maybe to few colors?
Has this been posted on other fan sites like deskthority, reddit, and the various reddit spinoffs?

I'm also doing posts on Reddit but that's it.  I might do a separate GB just for the 1.25u spacebar after finishing this buy up ... undecided currently.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #199 on: Sun, 21 April 2019, 16:48:02 »
Just to be sure that I understood it correctly !

The items are that below 150 won't be procuced ?
I'll have to drop my entire order if those don't get produced.
Azerty Propagandiste