Author Topic: Fragil1ty reviews the Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition 2014 Stealth  (Read 30511 times)

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Contents
  • Packaging
  • Aesthetics
  • Keycaps: Looks and feel
  • The 'Orange' switch
  • First impressions
  • Overall Thoughts
  • Images

Packaging:

As you can probably tell from the images below, the packaging is of a very high quality, you get a box within a box (boxception) as you do with most Razer designs, but it is a great packaging none the less. On the inside of the box nothing changes, all neatly packaged up inside a nice felvet cloth to secure the keyboard and cable in.

One thing that I did not understand what so ever is this. (If you're from England and you order from Razer, it comes from Holland), but it came in a box that could literally fit in about 5 Razer Blackwidows, so it was just completely baffling to me as to why it would come in a box that big when it could of came in one a lot smaller, but heh, I guess it's just one of those things that I do not entirely understand.

Aesthetics:

Talking about aesthetics, the case itself is absolutely amazing! Nothing short of expert craftmanship. The case has a gorgeous 'matte' finish, it feels good, it's not a fingerprint magnet (although after a while, you will notice some marks whether it be from your fingers or your wrists, whatever it may be). But all around the case and the finish applied to the case is amazing, I really like it, it looks really professional.

Keycaps: Looks and Feel

Now this is where things start to take a turn for the worst for me.. unfortunately. I am coming from a Noppoo choc mini and I prefer the POM keycaps to ABS/PBT and I'm assuming that the ones they use are ABS, they feel like it anyhow. A few problems that I have with the keycaps are the following:

• They look and do not feel very nice in comparison to other keycaps that I've used, e.g. Noppoo Choc Mini + Keycool 84
  • The key printing is disgusting, I cannot stand the font choice that Razer go for, maybe they want to be edgy, but it's just not a font that I would use personally. I'm all about simplicity and the font used on the Razer boards is not that.
  • The spacebar. Sometimes when I'm typing and I get an actual feel for what the spacebar feels like, it feels kind of rubbery in comparison to the rest of the keys and that's a major let down for me.

The 'Orange' Switch:

Even though it's supposed to be an ascendant from the Brown switch, it doesn't really feel like it all that much in my honest opinion, it's a really hard feeling to describe, it's 45g like browns and reds, so that's nice, it does have a very slight/tactical bump, but somehow, they have managed to create a bit more resistance than what I'm used too when using the MX Cherry Reds on my Noppoo, but I need more time to get used to the board, but thus far? I am absolutely loving the new switch and they are definitely worth a try, without a doubt.

First Impressions:

I've had Razer boards in the past, but I have never had one with the Brown switches or the new Orange switches, so I knew what to expect in terms of build quality and how the keyboard would feel overall and all that jazz, but still I'm not 100% satisfied. It's got nothing to do with the board in general, it's just the keycaps really, I don't like how they feel/look. I mean, I've got a few spare keyboards here that I could possibly do a few swap arounds with, but some of them aren't the same size or type, like I've got some PBT, some POM, different heights/sizes, so it's not as if I could swap them out to have a lovely looking new keyboard.

I think if you're going to go ahead and buy a Razer keyboard, it's best to have some keycaps spare and at the ready to switch out for when you do, or you're going to be stuck with something that you may not entirely enjoy typing on.

Overall Thoughts:

To conclude, I would say that this board is well worth the money. Here in England it only costs: £78.73 including the express shipping and I think that is an amazing price considering about 2 months ago, I went and spent over £120+ on a Filco board. I like the board and would advise it to new users who are looking to purchase a good, general gaming board, but if you're highly into aesthetics like myself and you like the simplistic look of Noppoo boards (One of the best looking boards imo) then be prepared to shell out a little bit more money for extra key-caps after your initial purchase.

Advantages:

• Great price point
  • Great key switch (not an improvement of mx browns though unfortunately)
  • Feels amazing while gaming and typing alike
  • Nice and sturdy construction
Disadvantages:

• With the feet raised, it's too high off the desk
  • It's extremely thick and rather heavy, compared to other mechanical keyboards that I've used
  • The key caps look and feel horrible
  • Finger prints/oils are easily recognisable on the board after a few hours of typing

« Last Edit: Sat, 11 October 2014, 13:05:21 by Fragil1ty »
你搞砸了

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Fragil1ty reviews the Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition 2014 Stealth
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 13:11:10 »
Great review Fragil1ty! ^-^
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 19:43:21 »
Great review Fragil1ty! ^-^

Thanks man, appreciate it. Hope you got a good read out of it.
你搞砸了

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 24 April 2014, 20:14:10 »
Thanks.

I hope to try these in a store one day to personally gauge the difference between these switches and original mx browns.

Offline ajunakey

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 25 April 2014, 21:06:05 »
Awesome review, Fragil1ty. I ought to try the oranges switches soon, they sound pretty cool.

Offline absfac

Interesting, thanks for the review. I'm intrigued by the idea of a switch with a feel somewhere between browns and reds.

BTW it looks like there was a little snafu with the review's text formatting at the end, it's all grey after "£78.73".

Some questions, if you (or anyone else out there who has early access to this board, I guess) have time to answer them...

I assume the red & blue caps in the photo are your own additions, not packed in the box, since they don't use Razer's font? (Does the board come with any extra caps?)

Any chance you could pull up the spacebar and check the post spacing?

It looks from photos like the mini USB port in the back is flush with the rear panel of the case. Most other keyboards with detachable cables nest the port in a cavity with a slot to grip the cable. I feel like a cavity-and-slot design protects the port somewhat from lateral shear forces when you move the cable around, which leads to better port durability. How sturdy does the Blackwidow TE's back USB port feel?

Finally, Razer's website indicates that the keyboard comes with 200MB (!) of driver software. What the heck is this stuff? Does it just frills or is the keyboard crippled in some important way without a huge Windows-only driver installation?

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Thanks for your honest review of this keyboard, and it forced me to actually buy a RAZER keyboard (first time ever).  Just curious about the feel of the so-called Orange Switches.

I know the hard-core haters of Razer here on Geekhack are numerous and extreme but as usual, I tend to ignore them as much as possible (the price is really good here in Australia)  ;) .  I think this might be something that fits as a decent keyboard produced by them (Razer) for once.

Will of course replace all of their 'dodgey' key-caps with something decent from GMK/BSP.  Then it just might be a keyboard to use everyday  :thumb: .

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Finally, Razer's website indicates that the keyboard comes with 200MB (!) of driver software. What the heck is this stuff?

It's their current Synapse 2.0 software which is huge BUT it doesn't seem to interfere with Windows 7 nor Windows 8 OS in any way.  Although it resides in the memory of your PC but considering most computers now have at least 16GB of memory installed, it shouldn't bother anyone.

I suspect Synapse 2.0 is their update sync linked to their website for frequent call-backs, don't ask me why they set it up that way but if you're a suspicious fellow doing underhand things with your PC, then I wouldn't install any of Razer software on your computer.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
Interesting, thanks for the review. I'm intrigued by the idea of a switch with a feel somewhere between browns and reds.

BTW it looks like there was a little snafu with the review's text formatting at the end, it's all grey after "£78.73".

Some questions, if you (or anyone else out there who has early access to this board, I guess) have time to answer them...

I assume the red & blue caps in the photo are your own additions, not packed in the box, since they don't use Razer's font? (Does the board come with any extra caps?)

Any chance you could pull up the spacebar and check the post spacing?

It looks from photos like the mini USB port in the back is flush with the rear panel of the case. Most other keyboards with detachable cables nest the port in a cavity with a slot to grip the cable. I feel like a cavity-and-slot design protects the port somewhat from lateral shear forces when you move the cable around, which leads to better port durability. How sturdy does the Blackwidow TE's back USB port feel?

Finally, Razer's website indicates that the keyboard comes with 200MB (!) of driver software. What the heck is this stuff? Does it just frills or is the keyboard crippled in some important way without a huge Windows-only driver installation?

The font and colouring looks fine on my side man, I'll re-edit it though just incase.

The red and blue caps are in-fact my own, the red keycap I got off WASD keys I believe or it may have been another 3rd party vendor from the states and the blue keys are from the Keycool 84, so I just added those to spruce up the keyboard a little bit and also, I need to have a red keycap, it drives me insane if I don't lol.

I'll flip the spacebar for you later on, that's not a problem my man!

I'm not going to lie to you, it fits in nicely and it doesn't move or jiggle out when you move the keyboard and all that jazz, but you can pull it out without any force what so ever, so I guess that's something to consider.

I have no idea, I don't use driver software, I don't really need it to be honest, the only thing I did to this keyboard was switch the ctrl to cap and vice versa as that's the layout that I'm used too! but I did that through the registry and didn't have to use any software for it.

Thanks for your honest review of this keyboard, and it forced me to actually buy a RAZER keyboard (first time ever).  Just curious about the feel of the so-called Orange Switches.I know the hard-core haters of Razer here on Geekhack are numerous and extreme but as usual, I tend to ignore them as much as possible (the price is really good here in Australia)  ;)  .  I think this might be something that fits as a decent keyboard produced by them (Razer) for once.Will of course replace all of their 'dodgey' key-caps with something decent from GMK/BSP.  Then it just might be a keyboard to use everyday  :thumb:  .

Nice man, that's great. You will not be disappointed, I promise you and yeah I do know that there is a lot of prejudice towards Razer products, but the only products I own are the Razer BWTES and their Razer Goliathus mouse mat and both are sublime products, maybe it's because they've had bad experiences, but I really do not know.

Either way man, I guarantee you, you will enjoy this product. Orange switches are quite clearly (imo) a step in the right direction.

你搞砸了

Offline Findecanor

I wonder how the orange switch compares to Ergo Clears ...

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
I wonder how the orange switch compares to Ergo Clears ...

Never had a chance to try them myself, what do they feel like in comparison to Browns and Reds?
你搞砸了

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Never had a chance to try them myself, what do they feel like in comparison to Browns and Reds?

I was only curious to try out the latest Razer switches to see if they are all that they are cracked up to be.  I know it's their own design hence they must know what's required for gamers and typists  ;) .

I know the Cherry switch can be customized in a variety of ways with new springs, tops, changing the internal shaft, etc. Just need to see how good the Orange switch will be.  They should make a "Purple" switch, in which it mimics a traditional Cherry Grey or Green switch  ^-^ .

Offline Findecanor

Never had a chance to try [ Ergo Clears ] myself, what do they feel like in comparison to Browns and Reds?
Like Browns but with a bigger tactile bump. The bump starts higher up and ends right before the actuation point, not a short bump that starts right before the actuation bump like on the Browns.

There have been some orange sliders in another thread, that were like mid-way between Browns and Clears, but the origin of them is unknown. Supposedly they are from some factory in China, but whether they are from Kailh's factory or from some custom order is unknown.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
YES, this Razer keyboard has arrived just now from my local friendly Fed-Ex delivery guy, he was awfully friendly with the Mrs, but she was in her gardening shorts hence no man can resist an eyeful there  8) .

Have broken open the heavy/large Fed-Ex packaging to get at the keyboard and it wasn't easy due to needing a heavy gauge packaging blade to slice open the thick cardboard.  I tell you what the Razer packaging is so swish, it has a clear plastic sleeve covering the retail style box acting like some kind of protection so that no one can damage the graphics.  Easy to slip the sleeve off and then cut open one end to see what's inside.  Again the keyboard is inserted into some kind of fabric-like sleeve again emphasizing that you bought something special.

This far into the process, before I could actually gaze upon the keyboard you need to go through a lot of stupid packaging.  Another brilliant idea from Razer, fill up more landfill sites everywhere  >:D .  When I finally open up the package and throw out the keyboard upon the desk the first thing you'll notice is the gawd awful font's on the keys which are so cheap looking.  Not worrying too much because they'll go in the bin directly (landfill) and be replaced with something decent from GMK.

The typing is unusual because you are trying to make comparisons here between any other available Cherry made switch but it still eludes me.  It has such a short actuation point it's almost like typing on a membrane keyboard.  Like typing on a Logitech G19 (first edition) only with a bit more comeback.  Enjoyable to type even for a 2 fingered ape such as myself but it's very easy and almost fail safe as every key press is precise without any wobble, compared to some other manufacturers out there of Cherry keyboards (which I won't name).

The keyboard itself is of decent weight not heavy as a Kmac or LH-GZ but it's on the same weight with any Filco/Leopold/Ducky TKL brand.  Downside - it's Made in China hence you know what that means, when comparing Korean or Japanese made keyboards from other companies.  But then again Razer Corp is relying solely upon China to make all their gear hence there shouldn't be any surprises.  As I have never bought a Razer keyboard before this will set the standard for their quality and finish.  The casing is the typical Razer-style with design and finish resembling like some childhood Batman Vehicle.  The "Green Razer Logo" is there but isn't too bright to distract me from typing plus I like the rubber like spray finish on the plastic, whether it's sprayed or applied during the molding process is another mystery but it looks even and clean, quite smooth to touch with my fingers.

Just surprised that for $135.00AUD having it delivered to my property, how much quality you get for that low amount of money.  Either Razer woke up with serious note to previous failures and quality issues and decided to release something that has enough surety to last past a year before any RMA's shall be initiated.  Have to wait a few months to see if it lasts before any failures occur.  I don't trust corporations anywhere when they release an item to last especially now, due to planned obsolescence inbuilt into every design to help stimulate further sales.

I suppose this now makes me some kind of rat-bag Razer nonce, although I'm not proud.  I still love my Filco above all else and maybe the Kmac and GON due to the money spent on them.  Now I will see if this one stays on my desk for the time being but the orange switch razer is definitely worth having just to experience something a little different in the Cherry-like world  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 May 2014, 02:27:33 by Elrick »

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
Very surprised to see a favorable Razer review from you Elrick :thumb:

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Very surprised to see a favorable Razer review from you Elrick :thumb:

Not that favorable.  It's just something new from them BUT their cheap-arse printed key-caps, are atrocious.  Really despise their stupid font and caps that feel so cheap and nasty, like a 2 dollar hooker.

Up close when you examine each key-cap it reminds me of traveling on board an older Ansett service when I was young.  Stuck between a smoker who likes cheap chinese cigarettes and a baby screaming in their messed up/stinky nappy.  You know you want to die there and then but of course you are alive and fully aware of your circumstances.  I could understand why anyone else would pull the trigger on a bomb or open the access hatch whilst the plane was moving, so it could end for them immediately.

That's what it's like to use Razer's key-caps on their latest keyboard  8) .
« Last Edit: Thu, 08 May 2014, 00:19:30 by Elrick »

Offline Razor Lotus

I suppose this now makes me some kind of rat-bag Razer nonce, although I'm not proud.  I still love my Filco above all else and maybe the Kmac and GON due to the money spent on them.  Now I will see if this one stays on my desk for the time being but the orange switch razer is definitely worth having just to experience something a little different in the Cherry-like world  :thumb: .

I guess right now as you're using this, you'll slowly understand why there are so many fanboys over razer. Then again, after some time, maybe you'll start to see why they get alot of haters too haha

But yeah at least their initial build quality is quite solid. As long as they work fine, we're all happy

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
But yeah at least their initial build quality is quite solid. As long as they work fine, we're all happy

Yes it has surprised me a lot.  I got use to all the immense hatred here on Geekhack for all things connected to Razer.  So you do have this suspicion in the back of your mind that this will be a massive let down, but alas it isn't just yet.

The key-caps suck major league (can't stand the stupid-arse font) but everything else works as intended.  Still refuse to install Synapse 2.0 software, just don't need it at all  :thumb: .

Thus far the money spent was okay, just need to wait another few more months to see if the switches will jam or collapse due to my ape-like typing.  The switches they're using isn't recognized as quality hence you do expect failure sooner rather than later.  Maybe another unsubstantiated Razer folklore but it's only worth speaking positively on it when more time passes.

Offline Razor Lotus

Yes it has surprised me a lot.  I got use to all the immense hatred here on Geekhack for all things connected to Razer.  So you do have this suspicion in the back of your mind that this will be a massive let down, but alas it isn't just yet.

The key-caps suck major league (can't stand the stupid-arse font) but everything else works as intended.  Still refuse to install Synapse 2.0 software, just don't need it at all  :thumb: .

Thus far the money spent was okay, just need to wait another few more months to see if the switches will jam or collapse due to my ape-like typing.  The switches they're using isn't recognized as quality hence you do expect failure sooner rather than later.  Maybe another unsubstantiated Razer folklore but it's only worth speaking positively on it when more time passes.

Yeah I don't really like the font as well. I think it's horrible. And that synapse as well. Don't see the need for it too.

I guess it's longevity is what we're all waiting for since these came out not too long ago. I don't think anyone has used them enough to wear them out yet, even those who've gotten them on the first day. If there are any that has already been "worn out" or spoilt by now, there would be some real quality issues but until now I've not come across any yet.

I actually wanted a razer blackwidow but they were too expensive in my country so I came to GH to source for other options lol. Ended up spending more than what a BW would cost -.-

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
I guess it's longevity is what we're all waiting for since these came out not too long ago. I don't think anyone has used them enough to wear them out yet, even those who've gotten them on the first day. If there are any that has already been "worn out" or spoilt by now, there would be some real quality issues but until now I've not come across any yet.

They (Razer Corp.) insists that these "Orange" keys are rated at, get this; 60,000 000 clicks  :)) .  It's a little more than Cherry's official 50,000 000 rating hence how long to wait till the keys actually start to fail when you use Razer's keyboard everyday and night?

Although I would like to see Razer's switches die much earlier, thus far they are still quite smooth with NO scratchy feeling exhibited.  Some switches give that scratchy feel when pressed and released but these cheaper ones still feel great like a traditional Cherry switch.

Offline Razor Lotus

They (Razer Corp.) insists that these "Orange" keys are rated at, get this; 60,000 000 clicks  :)) .  It's a little more than Cherry's official 50,000 000 rating hence how long to wait till the keys actually start to fail when you use Razer's keyboard everyday and night?

Although I would like to see Razer's switches die much earlier, thus far they are still quite smooth with NO scratchy feeling exhibited.  Some switches give that scratchy feel when pressed and released but these cheaper ones still feel great like a traditional Cherry switch.

Oh yes, another reason why I didn't buy their BWs was cause of the way they extensively market their product. It's all nearly blatant lying covered up under the term marketing.

Was once a fan of them but the way they marketed their new switched turned my off. I still like their products though. Just that for someone who doesnt have any idea what they're doing, I probably wouldn't recommend it straight away.

So far for this, there hasn't really been any blind testing that i've come across yet for their switches

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Just found out that the current Profiles all Razer keyboards use, which are OEM.  For a newbie, I only found out after replacing their dreadful originals with authentic Cherry - White on Blacks.

I do wish someone would run a full Black on White Group Buy because I'm sick of being stuck with 1800 setups all the time.  We need some 104 key setups as well. 

Strange how a sad razer TKL has hooked me for the longest time while my Kmacs and LH-GZ sit unused.  Is there something fiendish about sticking with a plain razer keyboard above all else?   Have I now become the very sort that praises them as gods for making such rubbish?

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
Just found out that the current Profiles all Razer keyboards use, which are OEM.  For a newbie, I only found out after replacing their dreadful originals with authentic Cherry - White on Blacks.

I do wish someone would run a full Black on White Group Buy because I'm sick of being stuck with 1800 setups all the time.  We need some 104 key setups as well. 

Strange how a sad razer TKL has hooked me for the longest time while my Kmacs and LH-GZ sit unused.  Is there something fiendish about sticking with a plain razer keyboard above all else?   Have I now become the very sort that praises them as gods for making such rubbish?

Are you under duress?
Blink once for yes blink twice for double yes.

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded

WTT Razer keyboards for KMAC & LZ-GH. =Pp
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline OnTheBrink

• Work Hard. Play Harder.
    • Wired In Store
Thanks for your honest review of this keyboard, and it forced me to actually buy a RAZER keyboard (first time ever).  Just curious about the feel of the so-called Orange Switches.

I know the hard-core haters of Razer here on Geekhack are numerous and extreme but as usual, I tend to ignore them as much as possible (the price is really good here in Australia)  ;) .  I think this might be something that fits as a decent keyboard produced by them (Razer) for once.

Will of course replace all of their 'dodgey' key-caps with something decent from GMK/BSP.  Then it just might be a keyboard to use everyday  :thumb: .

Perhaps there is a reason behind the hate. Maybe something like them claiming they built these switches from the ground up for gaming yet they are a Cherry MX replica switch manufactured by Kaith.

I don't hate all Razer products as I use their Naga and to me, they still make the best mice. However, I've hate where they've taken the brand and their marketing.

To the OP: Thank you for sharing your review. I had a 2nd gen Blackwidow and also hated the keycaps/font. I since went with a Ducky Shine and never looked back. However the Razer TKL case is sexy

Offline xxghostxx

i want to try the switches in a board, but don't want the board to be built like my last couple razer rubber dome things.  :-\ oh the horror!!!
Ducky shine 2(9008)-orange back lit ,MX Cherry brown

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
i want to try the switches in a board, but don't want the board to be built like my last couple razer rubber dome things.  :-\ oh the horror!!!

Get something other than Razer then :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

Get something other than Razer then :p

Just get a WASD V2 TKL you won't be disappointed at all.  Although I will keep on using the orange switch Razer TKL (don't hang me for this) I really don't mind using them cheapo Cherry Copied switches.

Just waiting for Bunny's Toxic to come in before I give the final nod towards keeping it.

Offline badugi

Are these keyboards out? I saw amazon is selling it, but they're going to send it in July.  :eek:

Offline Sorun

• Chitos
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 06 June 2014, 00:42:17 »
Had a chance to test out the "new"(?) switches and I gotta say I didn't really feel a difference from my reds. Either way I'm a blue kind of guy and wouldn't have replaced my QFR anyway. Build quality is great though and definitely a step up from my first BW which had several keys die.

Offline Fragil1ty

• Abre los ojos.
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 11:59:32 »
They are out indeed, but for some strange reason they are in very high demand, I think it's because of the 'new' factor more than anything else. I got mine after waiting for about 2-3 months, I just kept checking back on the Official Razer website and then eventually I got one.

They are really good keyboards, Razer are improving leaps and bounds to be quite honest. I'd advise you get one, although I stopped using mine after about a month and went back to my Noppoo, but I think that's because I just prefer the 75% layout.
你搞砸了

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #31 on: Sat, 07 June 2014, 23:17:55 »
They are really good keyboards, Razer are improving leaps and bounds to be quite honest. I'd advise you get one, although I stopped using mine after about a month and went back to my Noppoo, but I think that's because I just prefer the 75% layout.

Yeah same here, I just went back to using the GON probably because it's the absolute BEST quality keyboard currently sold anywhere.  Plus the Razer hate is so ingrained into your psyche that even when you sleep at night the nightmare of using any Razer product fills you with dread and remorse for ever buying it.

But how would you know it's either good or crap until you actually own the product  :thumb: .  Just don't like believing every other person's hate spiel on Razer stuff yet you still absorb all those disgusting statements.  I know how much I hate their current mice products but it still affects your perception on the keyboard you use from them.  Even though there is nothing wrong with their current TKL I still feel better using something else.

Maybe Geekhack have really put the boot into Razer and it shows with anyone wanting to use their products now.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 18 June 2014, 04:39:25 »
Its always sad when caps are **** and the keyboard is good.
Have the very same issues with my K65, love the keyboard and look of it. But it has non standard cap sizes and that is driving me insane!
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline xyann00

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 02:59:51 »
I was surprised how thick (high above the table) it is on the photos. Isn't it bad for typing if someone have smaller hands? Especially when it doesn't have wrist pad.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #34 on: Mon, 23 June 2014, 06:47:45 »
But it has non standard cap sizes and that is driving me insane!

Oh yes I feel your pain with these keyboards that Corsair, Razer and some of the smaller manufacturers have now released.

Not impossible to find a key-set in any of the Group Buy section but the waiting will add further misery if you're not use to it.  I intend to fully remove and burn all razer key-junk as soon as the new ones arrive.

Offline DTRPS

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 04:33:45 »
Srry to revive a old topic, but I just want to ask, how is the board holding up now, cuz I'm interested in the razer orange switches, but just not too sure about their durability, so are there any keys malfunctioning or being stuck?
Topre is love, Topre is life

Offline ADFX_Pixy

« Reply #36 on: Sat, 04 October 2014, 14:49:57 »
Great comprehensive review! I was thinking of getting the keyboard as my first mechanical keyboard until I started reading the multiple subpar/bad reviews it got. And the fact is that it's way too big for my desk and what I use my desk for other than my computer (schoolwork).
CM Storm Quickfire Stealth Cherry MX Brown
Mechanicalkeyboards.com MK 2016 Cherry MX Brown