Author Topic: One handed PC gaming controller?  (Read 10646 times)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
One handed PC gaming controller?
« on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 18:25:22 »
Just looking for something one handed... my hand gets tired easily and I would like to find a way to play games with one hand.
Any options?

Offline Maledicted

Re: One handed PC gaming controller?
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 08 February 2020, 22:32:11 »
None that I know of. Controllers already have too few buttons as it is. I imagine it would have to be something that at least utilizes all 5 digits, even then, I imagine navigation in a 3D world would be ... bad, even with something like a gyroscope in place of a second analogue stick, unless a stubby one could be made for the index or middle fingers, maybe? And then you might even need some kind of layer button to have enough separate inputs for somewhat modern games.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 07:43:03 »
There are desk-mounted controllers for games consoles that are more like gaming-keypads. They are for people who play first-person shooters on their consoles, and sometimes come with a mouse.
Then there was The Glove for the PS1: buttons are pressed with the fingers like a keyboard but the D-pad with the thumb: and it lacks any analogue joystick.

I've seen a bunch of other one-hand controllers on Youtube, but I think they are all one-offs. Most have been mods. Some that tried to get funding to be made commercially but never took off.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 09 February 2020, 08:24:01 »
There are desk-mounted controllers for games consoles that are more like gaming-keypads. They are for people who play first-person shooters on their consoles, and sometimes come with a mouse.
Then there was The Glove for the PS1: buttons are pressed with the fingers like a keyboard but the D-pad with the thumb: and it lacks any analogue joystick.

I've seen a bunch of other one-hand controllers on Youtube, but I think they are all one-offs. Most have been mods. Some that tried to get funding to be made commercially but never took off.

Interesting

Offline iso

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 09:29:40 »
Working on this - Inspired by DataHand keyboard - With added ergonomics and arm chair mounting system (not pictured)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 11:46:49 »
Working on this - Inspired by DataHand keyboard - With added ergonomics and arm chair mounting system (not pictured)

Nice

Offline dubious

• 쏘쿨
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 13 February 2020, 17:29:09 »
might not work for your needs, but the thrustmaster flight stick thingys come to mind. It's not truly one handed tho I guess

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 14 February 2020, 08:55:27 »
might not work for your needs, but the thrustmaster flight stick thingys come to mind. It's not truly one handed tho I guess

Thank you