Author Topic: Kensington slimblade trackball?  (Read 5052 times)

Offline GwenAlli

Kensington slimblade trackball?
« on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 00:26:00 »
Hello everyone, I was just curious if anyone had some input on this mouse. I have someone local who is selling one used and I've always wanted to try one out. They are selling it for $40 and I've no idea if this is a good or bad price. Anyways, thank you for any input!

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Kensington slimblade trackball?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 00:29:41 »
I own one,
All I can say is for some people they love it to death (trackballs) but for some it's just a meh experience
I still prefer my mouse over the trackball, though it looks so beautiful on desk

overall it's a solid trackball, if you've the option for cst lasertrac you can consider that too, some people prefer cst over the slimblade
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #2 on: Tue, 12 January 2016, 00:57:06 »
I have a CST Trackball but I was tossing up between the two.

Although I never went the slimblade route from what I read it looked like a good competitor. Have you ever used a trackball before? At worst you could just sell it on if you don't like it.

Offline mijosq

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 January 2016, 19:37:50 »
Hello everyone, I was just curious if anyone had some input on this mouse. I have someone local who is selling one used and I've always wanted to try one out. They are selling it for $40 and I've no idea if this is a good or bad price. Anyways, thank you for any input!

I use a Kensington slim blade, and really like it. Unfortunately my hands are smaller so I can't really reach the top two buttons comfortably. You can choose custom applications the top two buttons, but not the two default buttons. Also this is prone to getting dirty, so every once in a while you'll have to clean it out.

I don't play games on it so I can't review it for games except for a few strategy.

Other than those it saves more space, and easy on the hands.

I've had it since 2009 when it first came out.

Offline zarquon

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 09:19:40 »
I'm using a slimblade at work for a year now.
I guess I'm with those who loves it to death, but I have to stress that I have never used any other trackball in my life.
I find it very comfortable, love the scrolling via the ball, and the 4 large buttons are nice: you can't miss them.
However it is true that it's prone to get dirty. You need to pick up the ball and rub the dirt off of it's supports. Costs only a few seconds every now and then.
I'll definitely buy it again.

Offline GwenAlli

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 15:57:11 »
Thanks everyone for the input, I think I'm going to get it and try it out :)

Offline cryptokey

• * Destiny Supporter
  • [°°▄°] luser-friendly
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 14 January 2016, 16:00:13 »
Thanks everyone for the input, I think I'm going to get it and try it out :)

For $40, it's less than their cheapest model, the orbit, so you really can't go wrong.  If you decide to get it, come back and let us know how you like it!
More

[WTB] HHKB Black

Offline briancvrrbs

« Reply #7 on: Fri, 15 January 2016, 22:02:28 »
I'm a bit tempted to get this trackball (would be my first) simply because it would fit my theme on my desk lol... but also because I have one of those underdesk keyboard mount shelves, and I want a mouse/trackpad for the top desk surface. Are there any custom trackballs available for purchase?