Author Topic: Tactile Zine 2.0  (Read 22733 times)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Tactile Zine 2.0
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 10 September 2023, 11:16:35 »
The Cannonkeys meetup was a great time. Just for accountability, I raised $90 in sales which was donated to Girls Who Code. My employer does donation matching so it became $180.

Thanks to everyone who bought zines or came to chat with Lamp and I. Please check out their Switch+ magazine project!!

I do have extras of the new Vol 2.2 zines. They were first on sale at the CK meetup and they'll go up for sale soon on the storefront. I'll announce the sale when the time is ready. Thanks!

Update:

Goat paid me a little after the meetup and I donated a little more to GWC. Again, this is my company's donation portal where they do matching.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 September 2023, 18:09:06 by CPTBadAss »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 26 September 2023, 17:18:29 »
Quick Update: I've been really busy irl and have had no time to work on the zine or run a sale. The online sale for Vol 2.2 will most likely happen in early October. I've got extras of Vol 2.1 too. Thanks for your patience. I'll be back with more zines soon!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 20:03:07 »

For the first time in 2 months, I had a free weekend. I picked between prepping for the Vol 2.2 sale and building a keyboard. Since it feels like the most I can be in this hobby is to build a custom keyboard, I opted to do that...and also because I honestly felt like doing something for myself. Please continue being patient for the Vol 2.2 sale.

I can offer you a build log for my newly built Amano though! Check it out here on my website!.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 December 2023, 14:42:04 by CPTBadAss »

Offline ej6

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 07 October 2023, 20:52:46 »
Show Image

Show Image

For the first time in 2 months, I had a free weekend. I picked between prepping for the Vol 2.2 sale and building a keyboard. Since it feels like the most I can be in this hobby is to build a custom keyboard, I opted to do that...and also because I honestly felt like doing something for myself after a month of busy super busy with work and IRL. Please continue being patient for the Vol 2.2 sale.

I can offer you a build log for my newly built Amano though! Check it out here on my website!.

Nice board, nice build log. Glad to be part of it too! Thanks for sharing CBA!
Instagram: Azi Keycaps | ej6.kb

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 04 November 2023, 19:37:41 »
Hello, time for another long overdue update. I obviously missed the October window for having a sale and I apologize for that. However, I plan on having a sale tomorrow evening. I'm gonna try doing a timed window sale like how artisan sales are. This is also because of the lack of inventory management available on the free bigcartel tier smh. They won't allow me to enter in a quantity of goods I have available so I have to manually track that.

So the sale window will be open on: Sunday 11/5/23 1600-2000 (4pm to 8pm) Eastern USA while stock lasts. I'll have Volumes 2.1 and 2.2 for sale.

Also I will be attending the NYC meetup in December. Of course I'll have zines for sale. But I'm also cooking up something else for the meetup. For now I'll leave this clue.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 05 November 2023, 15:01:39 »
Sale is up here: https://tactilezine.bigcartel.com/products

Vol 2.2 sold out. I'll leave the sale up for anyone who wants Vol 2.1

This sales window is closed. I have to finish up some thank you notes and I messed up one of the zines so I'll have to reprint that. Then I'll package everything and drop it off to be mailed out. I'll post more update as I have them. Thanks again for all the support and interest!
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 November 2023, 21:23:04 by CPTBadAss »

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 02:38:14 »
Damn missed it, hopefully can get my hand on 2.2 someday.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 06 November 2023, 19:36:57 »
Damn missed it, hopefully can get my hand on 2.2 someday.

Message me. I printed some extras today.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 07 November 2023, 21:44:16 »

Feels almost nostalgic to spend a few evenings folding paper and stuffing envelopes. Orders should be going out before the weekend. I'll post more updates as I have them. Also I'm out of extras for now. If you missed out you'll have to wait until next time.

It's just another day...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 21:45:58 »

All orders from this weekend's Vol 2.2 Sale have been dropped off at the post office. As a friendly reminder, there is no tracking number as I ship via USPS letter mail aka snail mail using stamps.

If you live in the USA, USPS thinks it'll take this long for your zines to arrive.

If you're outside the USA, Thank you for your support and I'm sorry for the wait.

Thanks very much as always. Now onto the next project. Hopefully I'll be able to announce it soon!

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #60 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 21:50:49 »
All orders from this weekend's Vol 2.2 Sale have been dropped off at the post office. As a friendly reminder, there is no tracking number as I ship via USPS letter mail aka snail mail using stamps.

Nice. Hope the second volume ships as quickly as the first one (considering international shipping and all)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #61 on: Wed, 08 November 2023, 22:23:30 »
Nice. Hope the second volume ships as quickly as the first one (considering international shipping and all)

I really hope so too! Please let me know when yours arrives as I think your zine has the farthest to travel lol. I'm using your order as the longest wait time people can expect...hopefully.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 09 November 2023, 20:33:48 »
I really hope so too! Please let me know when yours arrives as I think your zine has the farthest to travel lol. I'm using your order as the longest wait time people can expect...hopefully.

Will do :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 20 November 2023, 19:05:29 »
I forgot to post this here but just to make sure it's at least documented here:

Azi Keycaps and I are doing a collab. I'm gonna have zines, caps, and stickers for sale. Special thanks to aqlno for the sticker design. Exclusively for sale at the December 2023 NYC meetup. Check out this link for more information
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 December 2023, 14:41:13 by CPTBadAss »

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #64 on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 18:17:01 »
I have an unfortunate couple of updates:

1) Brazilian customs is on strike and Azi Keycaps and I are stuck waiting for the caps to actually ship to me from Brazil. We do not know when the package will be moving or when it will arrive to me. Therefore, I do not have the caps in hand.

Instead, I will be giving out dibs tickets at the meetup which will grant you entry to a private online sale exclusive to meetup attendees. The new price will be $36 + shipping now unfortunately for the bundle.

To enter the future sale, you will fill out the dibs ticket and send me an email at the meetup. When I have the caps, I will send everyone an email saying the sale is ready with the form. In addition to filling out the Google Form, you will need to include a picture of the dibs ticket filled out and include one of the giveaways from the meetup (cap, stickers, keyboard card, etc). If this step is missed, you will not be eligible for the sale.

2) I have been locked out of my @tactilezine instagram account. I'm waiting to see if I can retrieve it but if not, I'll have to create another account sadly. Please keep an eye on my site as well as this thread..
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 December 2023, 14:40:53 by CPTBadAss »

Offline ej6

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 29 November 2023, 21:44:37 »
We're also randomly giving away these Barkeys to 4 people that gets the Tactile Zine + Pato bundle.

Instagram: Azi Keycaps | ej6.kb

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 08 December 2023, 12:55:30 »
NYC meetup was so much fun. If you stopped by to look at my stuff or chatted with me, I really appreciate you all.

So in good news, it looks like the caps from ej6/Azi Keycaps are finally moving and out of customs hell.

In bad news, I'm pretty sure I'm locked out of the @tactilezine account on Instagram and can't get back in. Please follow my new account @tactile_zine if you are on IG and are interested in seeing me post stuff there.

As always, I appreciate the continued support. More info on new and old projects coming soon!

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #67 on: Tue, 19 December 2023, 19:51:21 »
In bad news, I'm pretty sure I'm locked out of the @tactilezine account on Instagram and can't get back in. Please follow my new account @tactile_zine if you are on IG and are interested in seeing me post stuff there.

I managed to get my original account back! If you migrated to tactile_zine with me. Thank you so much.

In other news, I'm working on 2 zine ideas currently. One will hopefully be ready for Keycon 2024!

Edit: also for future reference, the Azi Keycap x Tactile Zine private sale did go off as planned over the weekend of December 16th and 17th 2023. There are a limited quantity of extras that will be going up for sale soon.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 December 2023, 22:45:40 by CPTBadAss »

Offline mohawk1367

• Typing on: HHKB Pro Hybrid Type-S
« Reply #68 on: Wed, 20 December 2023, 08:10:35 »
NYC meetup was so much fun. If you stopped by to look at my stuff or chatted with me, I really appreciate you all.

So in good news, it looks like the caps from ej6/Azi Keycaps are finally moving and out of customs hell.

As always, I appreciate the continued support. More info on new and old projects coming soon!

didnt think my dad would drive me that far for a meetup, told him about the meetup AFTER it happened and he was like "Why didnt you wanna go?" BRO its a 6 hr drive and hes not into keyboards. maybe next year  :'(
someone needs to make an aussie keyboard community called QMƎɹ┴⅄. get it? haha :D

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #69 on: Sat, 30 December 2023, 15:25:08 »
didnt think my dad would drive me that far for a meetup, told him about the meetup AFTER it happened and he was like "Why didnt you wanna go?" BRO its a 6 hr drive and hes not into keyboards. maybe next year  :'(

Bummer. Maybe next time. There is the option of taking Amtrak to NYC from Rochester though if you can plan and save for that.

Last update for the Azi Keycaps collab: I dropped off all the packages today to the post office. Check your email for tracking.

Offline TomahawkLabs

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 03 January 2024, 10:39:22 »
[/quote]

That's a W dad right there. Willing to drive 6 hours just so you can hang out with likeminded keyboard nerds.
Always looking for Alps SKCM/SKCL switches. Feel free to DM.
AMD 5600x | RTX3080 | 2x 1TB NVME + 4x 4TB HDD | B550M Pro-P | 32GB RAM | RM850x | Node 804 | Schiit Modius/Magnius + Audeze LCD-2 | Dell S3422DWG
GMMK 1 Full Size Barebones | Zealio 67g ; Apple M3501 handwired | Alps SKCM Damped Cream
SA: Camping

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #71 on: Wed, 21 February 2024, 17:35:50 »

Cover for my Keycon retrospective zine

I haven't checked in for a while and today some exciting news came out so I figured it's time I posted an update. Why haven't I posted much? I've been busy with work and real life....but also working hard in the background as always.

First off for exciting news, I decided to see what would happen if I took this project a little more seriously so I signed up to be a vendor at Keycon 2024. So if you're going, I'll see you there!

Not gonna lie, seeing this is weird. Silly me with people who are running actual businesses is funny lol.

As a vendor, I will have some things for sale:

1) From the header image, I'll have a Keycon retrospective zine with a new sticker.
2) I'm working on an artisan collab which will have an accompanying booklet.
3) The other zines I've made and hopefully some of the older stickers I've had made so far.

Besides having stuff to buy on the table, I'll be displaying retro keyboards and resin. Nothing on the table will be older than September 2014, which is the last time someone posted in the Keycon 2014 thread. I want to show people what we had available at meetups a decade ago. Thank you so much to rmendis helping with the table. And of course everyone else who's bringing stuff.

Also Artisan Collector was kind enough to invite me to be on a panel! I'm uniquely qualified since I'm old lmao. Here's a list of my credentials - Keycon 2013, Keycon 2014, and Keycon 2015.

I know I didn't post a lot of details but I will later so I hope you're excited for those.

Finally, here's some pixels explaning some of why I was busy IRL. I took a field trip to the TX Cafe in Saigon.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 10 April 2024, 20:09:57 »
Time to reveal more of what I talked about in my last post!

As a reminder, I'm on the A Visual History of Artisan Panels. Come see rmendis aka Artisan Collector, Joey Quinn, and myself talk about early resin and early Keycon meetups. Yes rmendis and Joey Quinn will be showing off some amazing early caps.

And rmendis and I will be splitting a vendor table so we can show off some early keyboard and resin history. If you like Duck, OTD, LZ keyboards, or decade old resin, come say hi.

Second, I will have all of the zines i'm made so far for sale! This include Vol 2.3 which was previously sold at the NYC meetup and hasn't been sold online yet. As well as the new 10 year retrospective on Keycons 2013-2015! I'll have a presentation about the first Keycons during the panel but this is a deep dive on them! I'm also proud to announce that I have finally stepped up my skills and did the cover art for Vol 2.4 as well as the new sticker design.

I still have 2 other announcements lined up including the artisan collab I hinted at before and a collab with an artist! Hope to see you at Keycon!!

Edit: Oh hey, they finally updated the website to put my name on the panel lol.
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 April 2024, 00:11:06 by CPTBadAss »