Author Topic: [GB] Canvas & Mahjong 65% Low/Hi-Profile +LHNP (100% shipped)  (Read 94683 times)

Offline Umio1

Re: [GB] Canvas & Mahjong 65% Low/Hi-Profile +LHNP (85% shipped)
« Reply #200 on: Sat, 17 October 2020, 15:53:16 »
Very excited 🙂
Quick update:

I will be calling the polishing facility this week to check if the parts are ready for pickup. 90% sure they will be done and ready to ship this weekend!

thanks,

I called this week but got no answer so i'll be checking again This Thursday. Sorry for all the delays, I've been traveling a lot for work recently :(

Update to the Update: Got a callback, there was a delay but he said the last couple cases should be ready for pickup this week and then shipping this weekend!

No callback on Thursday or Friday so I'll be checking in the beginning of this week. Will be providing updates as much as possible.

Offline bprisbe

« Reply #201 on: Sun, 18 October 2020, 15:32:44 »
I need a new PCB. 23-26 are not working.

Check the diodes right under the socket holes. Mine had one missing. Had to jerryrig a throughhole diode to actually test the PCB and it works. I don't know what vendor assembled these PCBs but yikes.

Hi, I still haven't finished the keyboard because of 23-26 still not working. I think the diodes are dead. Where can I buy some extra diodes? Also, I need a couple more hot-swap sockets.

I'll ship you some diodes and hot-swap sockets as soon as I get back from my business trip no problem at all! estimated amount you need?

I probably need 8 of each. I will probably need some help once I get them. Just want to make sure that I am doing what I need to do. Also, another one of my switches only works sometimes and I need help with that. Thank you so much.

Offline stein3

« Reply #202 on: Thu, 22 October 2020, 17:10:51 »
I probably need 8 of each. I will probably need some help once I get them. Just want to make sure that I am doing what I need to do. Also, another one of my switches only works sometimes and I need help with that. Thank you so much.

That switch issue could be due to the switch, or loose contacts in the hotswap socket. Have you tried swapping that switch with another that you know works?

Offline Umio1

« Reply #203 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 15:33:33 »

That switch issue could be due to the switch, or loose contacts in the hotswap socket. Have you tried swapping that switch with another that you know works?

Yep, most likely a hotswap socket has a loose connection, could test this by "faking" a switch press by touching a paper clip to the 2 contacts and see if it types

Offline Umio1

Re: [GB] Canvas & Mahjong 65% Low/Hi-Profile +LHNP (100% shipped)
« Reply #204 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 16:01:22 »
Update: The last few boards are back from polishing and have been Shipped!

Offline Umio1

« Reply #205 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 16:04:22 »

Check the diodes right under the socket holes. Mine had one missing. Had to jerryrig a throughhole diode to actually test the PCB and it works. I don't know what vendor assembled these PCBs but yikes.

Hi, I still haven't finished the keyboard because of 23-26 still not working. I think the diodes are dead. Where can I buy some extra diodes? Also, I need a couple more hot-swap sockets.

I'll ship you some diodes and hot-swap sockets as soon as I get back from my business trip no problem at all! estimated amount you need?

Diodes and Sockets have been mailed!

Offline kioskhill45

« Reply #206 on: Fri, 23 October 2020, 19:16:13 »

Nice! Now that its coming, does anyone know where plate mount stabs are in stock?

Offline stein3

« Reply #207 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 01:23:28 »

Nice! Now that its coming, does anyone know where plate mount stabs are in stock?
I bought mine from Winnja  :thumb:.

Offline kioskhill45

« Reply #208 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 01:37:44 »

I bought mine from Winnja  :thumb:.

Thanks!

Offline WhensRamen

« Reply #209 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 10:21:36 »
Is there any way to modify the layout with QMK Configurator vs KBFirmware?

Offline Umio1

« Reply #210 on: Thu, 29 October 2020, 10:59:59 »

Yes just download the Json File I provide here:https://github.com/Neil-de-grass-eating-Bisson/Canvas-Mahjong-Keyboards/tree/master/Mahjong%20Firmware

Upload it to https://kbfirmware.com/ and you should be able to adjust the key layout and function layers.

Then you can use QMK configurator to upload the .Hex file you created to the keyboard.

Offline stein3

« Reply #211 on: Mon, 02 November 2020, 22:37:15 »
Got my polished-bottom Mahjong yesterday. I can't wait to build it!

Offline Umio1

« Reply #212 on: Tue, 03 November 2020, 19:28:53 »
Got my polished-bottom Mahjong yesterday. I can't wait to build it!

Wonderful!
The guy who polished them recommended if you ever get scratches get yourself a container of "Blue Magic metal polish cream" and wipe it with an old t-shirt.
Excited to see how it looks!

Offline stein3

« Reply #213 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 09:28:22 »

Borrowed these caps from my TKL for now. And please excuse the photo quality, just took a quick snap right after building it.

Offline WhensRamen

« Reply #214 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 09:33:07 »

Yes just download the Json File I provide here:https://github.com/Neil-de-grass-eating-Bisson/Canvas-Mahjong-Keyboards/tree/master/Mahjong%20Firmware

Upload it to https://kbfirmware.com/ and you should be able to adjust the key layout and function layers.

Then you can use QMK configurator to upload the .Hex file you created to the keyboard.

Oh I was talking about creating the .hex with QMK configurator instead of Kbfirmware. I feel the interface is slightly more flexible.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Offline Umio1

« Reply #215 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 21:41:52 »

Oh I was talking about creating the .hex with QMK configurator instead of Kbfirmware. I feel the interface is slightly more flexible.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

You should be able to, im not too familiar with how to modify the programs with QMK config tho.

Offline Umio1

« Reply #216 on: Wed, 04 November 2020, 21:44:27 »
Show Image

Borrowed these caps from my TKL for now. And please excuse the photo quality, just took a quick snap right after building it.

Looks fresh! is that a DMed esc key?

Offline a_falling_bomb

« Reply #217 on: Thu, 05 November 2020, 09:20:06 »
Here's mine - made for my wife. She's very happy with the final product. Thanks for the hard work Umio!

Offline Umio1

« Reply #218 on: Tue, 10 November 2020, 00:02:49 »
Here's mine - made for my wife. She's very happy with the final product. Thanks for the hard work Umio!
Show Image

Thats a fresh pizza my dude, glad she likes it!

Offline bprisbe

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 23 November 2020, 15:04:14 »

Diodes and Sockets have been mailed!

I just replaced the diode on 23 and 23-26 is still not working. I don't believe I am doing this wrong. If you could text me at 863-670-4347 and we could talk about it. That would be much appreciated.

Offline nontoxicjon

« Reply #220 on: Fri, 18 December 2020, 07:09:54 »
These are fantastic, do you still have a spare PCB or two? Otherwise, since they are open source would it be okay if no PCBs are available if I used a service like PCBway to order one?

Offline Umio1

« Reply #221 on: Sat, 19 December 2020, 21:04:03 »
These are fantastic, do you still have a spare PCB or two? Otherwise, since they are open source would it be okay if no PCBs are available if I used a service like PCBway to order one?

I only have PCB's that are unpopulated left, i dont think it will be easy to solder the hybrid USB-c connectors though; but yeah, i put everything out so people could buy their own if they really wanted to or modify anything about it.

Offline stein3

« Reply #222 on: Sun, 20 December 2020, 15:28:13 »

Looks fresh! is that a DMed esc key?

indeed it is! Made by Frumpzkeys.