Author Topic: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch (price reduced to $0.6)  (Read 172792 times)

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
Re: [GB]GSUS (New Panda) Linear Switch
« Reply #150 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:24:48 »
Just want to jump in and say that I am sitting on Halo switches/stems and still have interest in this GB, especially if the group buy price were to match the one in China.

Remember, these Gsus are just clones - they don't have the same exact housing of the OG Panda. Very similar (hence "clone"), but the difference still exists in the upstroke, although might be unnoticeable in daily use.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:31:13 »
I'll also withdraw my order if the price doesn't come down a fair bit.

I like how the price at $1 a switch suddenly becomes a problem once another option is presented.

Offline nuclear_wizard

« Reply #152 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 18:43:19 »

I like how the price at $1 a switch suddenly becomes a problem once another option is presented.
You might as well have said you liked how $4/switch r/mm prices were only a problem until this GB happened too.

People will go with what is cheaper at a comparable performance, especially in the case where the "real" deal is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #153 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:13:56 »

You might as well have said you liked how $4/switch r/mm prices were only a problem until this GB happened too.

People will go with what is cheaper at a comparable performance, especially in the case where the "real" deal is cheaper.

Right?!?  People were still unhappy at $1 a switch and you still needed halos as well for what are clones..
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline Albatross

« Reply #154 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:15:49 »

There is no problem, I simply have no reason to buy into this GB now that there is an alternative GB available that is a better value. I only want the Panda housings really, but even then the other GB still manages to be cheaper with a more valuable stem included.

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #155 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:39:24 »

I liked how $4/switch r/mm prices were only a problem until this GB happened too, but if you're desperate enough to pay those prices for scratchy housings you've got other issues you should probably take care of.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 19:45:46 »

Well, obviously. At $1/switch why wouldn't it be a problem?
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:18:18 »
Given Massdrop's price of $1/switch, wouldn't the price of these need to be like $0.45/ea to make this attractive enough to buy? You still need to get Halo switches from Massdrop, which I believe are $0.50/ea.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:22:43 by laserbeamspewpew »

Offline clik_clak

« Reply #158 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 20:24:12 »
Given Massdrop's price of $1/switch, wouldn't the price of these need to be like $0.45/ea to make this attractive enough to buy? You still need to get Halo switches from Massdrop, which I believe are $0.50/ea.

Some of us have a stockpile of Halo switches sitting around already.

Offline reidd

« Reply #159 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:05:16 »

This ^^^^

Offline phatty

• dailyclack.com
« Reply #160 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:18:34 »
I mean, OG Pandas should go back to $1 if you want the real deal.

Offline poodude

« Reply #161 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:40:39 »
This thread delivers. :cool:

Offline Justin_aka_OsP_SSJ4

• Chellow... it's me...
    • My Twitch
« Reply #162 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 21:47:07 »
Who knows maybe some people will prefer the slightly snappier return of the Gsus that manofinterests talked about over the real panda's.

(*playing the optimist)
DC60 w/ DZ60 PCB & Steel plate w/ 3mm neoprene foam - 68g Chellows Lubed w/ 3204 - Find me on twitch/twitter Osprey_SSJ4

Offline Gondolindrim

• My GitHub
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 22:03:01 »
Well, as people said before, I'm still interested on these Gsus switches (since I have lots of Halos sitting here which will probably just rust) but for a significant price drop since the other option is available
A pessimist will tell you the cup is half empty. An optimist will tell you the cup is half full. An engineer will tell you it's exactly twice the size it needs to be.

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #164 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 22:40:36 »
Just want to jump in and say that I am sitting on Halo switches/stems and still have interest in this GB, especially if the group buy price were to match the one in China.

Remember, these Gsus are just clones - they don't have the same exact housing of the OG Panda. Very similar (hence "clone"), but the difference still exists in the upstroke, although might be unnoticeable in daily use.

Are these just using the Bsun housing?

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #165 on: Wed, 05 December 2018, 23:33:02 »

Are these just using the Bsun housing?

I don't think the Bsun housings felt the same even during the downstroke, so I'm leaning towards no
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #166 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 00:11:35 »
Sorry but pulled out as well :( MD prices are just better

Offline nulltorious

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 07:19:50 »
I wish the prices would come down due to new competition in the Holy Panda market. But I will still purchase 110x switches. I need some housings for my Halo stems.

Offline dario

• obsessive–compulsive hardware slut
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 08:24:51 »

Yeah, except there is no other option. There has been long Supervan's explanation on why supposed MD's Panda won't happen the way people expect it happen, but it has been deleted by the moderators

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 10:13:11 »
I wish the prices would come down due to new competition in the Holy Panda market. But I will still purchase 110x switches. I need some housings for my Halo stems.

Not really sure I follow the logic here, wouldn't getting a full switch at 90 cents off of Massdrop make more sense even if you only need the housing? You're basically throwing away 11 dollars and you're getting useless linear stems no one wants instead of a full switch you know is identical to the original one meaning you can then just sell your stock Halos (or even just the stems if you don't have the full switches) on MM.

Just seems like a complete waste of money even if you already have the other half, unless you really want to get them fast seeing as MD will probably take a while to get them shipped out and these clones are ready to go.

Offline Aqiz

« Reply #170 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 10:14:39 »
Gotta Collect them All!

Offline Gacct

« Reply #171 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 11:19:31 »

Was massdrop's price released? Where can I find this info? Thanks

Offline mopaska

« Reply #172 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 11:34:18 »
Sorry but pulled out as well :( MD prices are just better

Until some actual explanation is given, I'm not giving my money to either party.
Did Mech27 and Supervan both RND their own molds, independently, and finish around the same time? Did they collaborate and have a falling out? Did one of them invest all the money and the other poach?

And yeah, neither party owes me or the community anything in the way of an explanation. It's just my personal objection that I want to know who the scumbag is before I spend.

Offline laserbeamspewpew

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 11:41:41 »

Was massdrop's price released? Where can I find this info? Thanks

On Massdrop lol.

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 11:55:47 »
Until some actual explanation is given, I'm not giving my money to either party.
Did Mech27 and Supervan both RND their own molds, independently, and finish around the same time? Did they collaborate and have a falling out? Did one of them invest all the money and the other poach?

And yeah, neither party owes me or the community anything in the way of an explanation. It's just my personal objection that I want to know who the scumbag is before I spend.

SuperVan had his own replica moulds funded and made with Bsun. 27 collaborated with Massdrop (for months, since like March), who obviously have the funds, the manpower and the communicative skills/know how to work with the factory directly and have the old, unusable Panda moulds fixed/recouped - something 27 and Zisb/Invyr did not which is why a future run was deemed infeasible until just now (or until 27 was approached by MD back when the project started).

Offline mopaska

« Reply #175 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 12:50:08 »

SuperVan had his own replica moulds funded and made with Bsun. 27 collaborated with Massdrop (for months, since like March), who obviously have the funds, the manpower and the communicative skills/know how to work with the factory directly and have the old, unusable Panda moulds fixed/recouped - something 27 and Zisb/Invyr did not which is why a future run was deemed infeasible until just now (or until 27 was approached by MD back when the project started).

I see.
So what's the issue with Supervan's price gouging? It is Supervan that took the gamble, investing in the project. If the payout doesn't come then it's Supervan who is out the money. Why does anyone else care?

Offline Laughmaster

« Reply #176 on: Thu, 06 December 2018, 13:08:59 »

I see.
So what's the issue with Supervan's price gouging? It is Supervan that took the gamble, investing in the project. If the payout doesn't come then it's Supervan who is out the money. Why does anyone else care?
I've noticed people get really upset about vendors making a high ROI within the mech keys community. There's an expectation that every vendor should be in it for the community and not to make money, because a lot of GB runners minimize their ROI in order to meet MOQs.

For example, there are a ton of people who refuse to buy Zeal's switches because regular Gaterons are something like half the cost of what he charges. Despite him claiming that he had to get custom molds made and uses different materials than regular Gaterons, he gets regularly accused of price gouging.

In this particular example, this same GB runner has (supposedly?) previously sold this exact switch at $0.60 each. Meaning that his minimum ROI for this GB is +67%, assuming that the previous GB was run at +0% ROI. People were previously okay with this because there were no alternatives and a lot of people bought Halo switches last time Massdrop made a batch of them. Now that there is an alternative, especially a significantly cheaper alternative, people are no longer okay with the inflated price. So the people who already have Halo switches are saying they'll stick with this GB if Supervan undercuts MD's prices.

(Edited because I accidentally called Halos "Holys")
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 December 2018, 21:54:32 by Laughmaster »

Offline Little4Real

« Reply #177 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 10:50:40 »
I thought SuperVan would've been responded to this

Offline regionfree

« Reply #178 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 11:11:53 »
wonder if this GSUS will come back to life. but with the MD drop already happening...

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #179 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 11:20:30 »
Why not? I was very busy in the past days. I will evaluate the price later. Look foward to it.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Offline Mcnos

• GMK Fuyu
« Reply #180 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 11:40:53 »
Why not? I was very busy in the past days. I will evaluate the price later. Look foward to it.

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Oh nice, looking forward to seeing how this turns out as I've got about 180 halos from multiple experiments lol.

Offline Mekuno

« Reply #181 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 12:23:13 »
Price definitely needs to be re-evaluated, considering MD is providing FULL holy pandas for less than what this gb is offering. However there is still market for some of us who are interested in them because 1) Time, as these are readily available, and 2) Some of us have halo switches that needs to be converted to holy pandas.

I personally will be buying some, but the price needs to go down. Looking forward to it.

Offline laughatpain

« Reply #182 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 13:51:58 »
Interested in these since theyll arrive quicker than their competitors (May). Is the shipping date still accurate even though the order date was extended?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #183 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 19:30:03 »

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Would you consider lowering price to Chinese private GB price?
Lots of unanswered questions regarding MD’s HP GB, at least you have a proven product.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 19:30:58 »

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

Oh nice, looking forward to seeing how this turns out as I've got about 180 halos from multiple experiments lol.

I still have 140 halos trapped in Holy skies

Offline JubJubCity

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 20:10:10 »

通过我的 MIX 2 上的 Tapatalk发言

I still have 140 halos trapped in Holy skies
As do i lol

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #186 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 22:52:04 »
Lots of unanswered questions regarding MD’s HP GB, at least you have a proven product.

Curious... what unanswered questions?

Offline cdhoffmann

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 23:09:25 »
If the price was dropped to .60 cents a switch, i would be in!

Offline donkey

« Reply #188 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 01:35:11 »
Let's forget about Chinese GB since popularity differs there. It's more realistic to use MD HP pricing as basis then account for getting the Panda housing earlier than May.

Given that Gsus potential buyers are now reduced to switch modders and those who bought Halo switches, I think these are more reasonable prices:

If MD HP review turns up Gsus-like flaws, $0.70~$0.80.
If not, $0.65~$0.75.

As for me, I have 140 Halo stems in need of better housings. I also want to build Clear-minded Panda and Zanda V2.
Price I'd be interested in are in the ranges above.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2018, 04:02:17 by donkey »

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #189 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 03:08:48 »
If the price was dropped to .60 cents a switch, i would be in!

Same, i joined MD already but have many stems around, at Chinese GB price i would join. Or 0.7 with pp fees

Offline nasp

• * Vendor
« Reply #190 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 08:52:36 »
Also waiting on a price drop before I join

Offline lendflat

« Reply #191 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 08:56:06 »
What a bunch of circling vultures we have here. I hope you dont drop your price. Your hard work needs to be rewarded.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #192 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:11:27 »
What a bunch of circling vultures we have here. I hope you dont drop your price. Your hard work needs to be rewarded.

:eek:

Offline fireworm

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 10:11:35 »
SuperVan, any update on numbers?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #194 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:19:09 »

Lots of discussions on Reddit. I will not repeat here. One question I have is whether the actual product looks like what’s advertised. There were some discussion that top was transparent, but the MD page shows og panda? And what is the status of the mold? MD said it’s being repaired, so what mold Md is using to make the samples? Are there multiple molds? Are the molds from original factory bsun or md made new molds with Kaihua?

I just feel MD’s GB is very much rushed, maybe they haven’t figured out the details but just open early to sabotage Supervan.

After all MD has worked on this since March (7-8 months) and haven’t bulk produced, and Supervan worked on it for 1.5 months and now he is ready to ship.

Anyway, i echo other users and I am still rooting for Supervan reducing pricing to Chinese GB price.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #195 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:21:32 »

Lots of discussions on Reddit. I will not repeat here. One question I have is whether the actual product looks like what’s advertised. There were some discussion that top was transparent, but the MD page shows og panda? And what is the status of the mold? MD said it’s being repaired, so what mold Md is using to make the samples? Are there multiple molds? Are the molds from original factory bsun or md made new molds with Kaihua?

I just feel MD’s GB is very much rushed, maybe they haven’t figured out the details but just open early to sabotage Supervan.

After all MD has worked on this since March (7-8 months) and haven’t bulk produced, and Supervan worked on it for 1.5 months and now he is ready to ship.

Anyway, i echo other users and I am still rooting for Supervan reducing pricing to Chinese GB price.

The ones that you stated above are actually asked and answered in the drop.

Offline SuperVan

« Reply #196 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:24:04 »

Thanks for your reply. I'm not able to talk about other GB. I'm still evaluating the price now. Maybe I will announce it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:44:56 by SuperVan »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #197 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 11:28:41 »

The ones that you stated above are actually asked and answered in the drop.

Care to help clarify? Can’t find the info actually

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #198 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 13:07:49 »

You believe, that MD (A semi-large company with lots of employees, products, and a full scale logistics department) was so concerned about a Chinese guy living in Russia, that they rushed a project they've been working on to "Sabotage" said person???
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline KingzandBean

« Reply #199 on: Sat, 08 December 2018, 14:17:44 »

You believe, that MD (A semi-large company with lots of employees, products, and a full scale logistics department) was so concerned about a Chinese guy living in Russia, that they rushed a project they've been working on to "Sabotage" said person???
I mean, definitely not sabatoge but they might have changed when they were releasing the product

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk