Author Topic: NE1 Gained weight ?  (Read 6573 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
NE1 Gained weight ?
« on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 09:58:23 »
Tp4 got a solid +5lbs now counting from January-ish due to korona stay home.

Offline ddrfraser1

• RIP Neil
Re: NE1 Gained weight ?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 11:04:59 »
Well my wife has been doing weight watchers religiously so I’ve actually lost 7 or 8 pounds without trying just from eating whatever she cooks.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 12:20:50 »
10 lbs for me. Taterchipz.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 12:32:15 »
Rain and trains stopped so I've been cycling again, plus I was doing a more manual job for nearly a month so weight is probably on the rise but in a way our superficial society says is good.

My weight goes up and down for no apparent reason anyway, it's always somewhere between 10 and 13.5 stone and probably in the middle now (was 11 when I went back to work after Christmas)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline yui

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 22 May 2020, 13:08:13 »
with stay at home i started doing exercise, went from 115kg to 95kg... i do everything backward :)
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline jamster

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 09:20:46 »
Gyms closed here for a while. I lost 5 kilos as a result.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 09:49:17 »
10 lbs for me. Taterchipz.

whatzup wit ere1 being all responsible.  Keke,  just us TRUE-Muricans up'n'hre

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 11:32:47 »
I have gained like 8 lbs  :(

Got up at 5:30am and went running two days ago... I still can not walk haha my calves are mush.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 23 May 2020, 16:57:32 »
No one is ever going to **** me again and I barely leave the house, so who am I trying to impress?

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 05:56:43 »
No one is ever going to **** me again and I barely leave the house, so who am I trying to impress?

They did before, why wouldn't they now?  If you don't like the answer do something about it, assuming you can (trying to be sensitive to your job situation, failing)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline Shapey Fiend

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 24 May 2020, 07:38:20 »
I've been trying to lose weight for 2 years. It's so slooow. Lost maybe 7 pounds so far during lockdown but feel like it should have been more. I'm about 190lbs. Cut back to 3 beers on a friday, all healthy food and walking at least a couple of hours a day. I was running but I got a bit shattered from it after a few weeks whereas I can walk fast for 3 or 4 hours without my feet getting sore.

Hoping I can keep these eating habits when things go back to normal even if I don't have quite so much time for exercise. I should really take the plunge delete all my social media so I have less reason sit on my computer I just haven't quite pulled the trigger on that.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 May 2020, 07:40:56 by Shapey Fiend »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 25 May 2020, 23:05:22 »
It's hard to tell exactly how much, given daily fluctuations, but I've gained somewhere in the ballpark of 8 pounds, partly because of the routine change and partly because eating temporarily alleviates my neck and jaw pain that has been worse since staying at home.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 17:45:33 »
about 5-8kg... :(
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline walie

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 31 May 2020, 19:18:17 »
Lost about 10 lbs without really trying. I guess I had a bit too many treats in the office

Offline Bootshine

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 17:44:03 »
I had lost a few at the start of shelter-in-place, but now it feels like I'm up again after getting used to staying in.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #15 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 22:49:16 »
I refer to this lockdown induced weight gain as COVID-15 (à la Freshman 15).

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 28 June 2020, 23:22:08 »
I've gained almost 20.  Had my stuff together pre-corona times.  Was doing 12-14 hour fasting at night.  In bed early.  No sugar at all.  For like 6 months, and I had lost 30 pounds.  Almost all back now.  I stay up until 2 or 3am.  Sleep until 11.  Eat all night.  Lot of sugar.  I hate myself because I know how to stop, but I don't.  Probably because I don't want to.  I don't really want much anymore. Just want to sit at my compter and watch twitch and look at Interest Checks.  It's a sad life.  Thank god I have a family to keep me doing other things.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 02:38:06 »
you know what's funny, when people go to prison they spend that time getting ripped but during a pandemic they spend it getting fat.

just further proves my theory that all humans are inherently lazy and if left to their own devices and technological convenience they would never leave their homes at all.

Offline yui

« Reply #18 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 02:46:00 »
just further proves my theory that all humans are inherently lazy
well that theory was proven by scientists a long time ago i think, we are naturally lazy and then society pressures us to be less lazy. but then everything in nature will be as lazy as possible.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #19 on: Mon, 29 June 2020, 04:44:12 »
just further proves my theory that all humans are inherently lazy
well that theory was proven by scientists a long time ago i think, we are naturally lazy and then society pressures us to be less lazy. but then everything in nature will be as lazy as possible.

I wonder if human laziness can be traced back to times of low resources and energy conservation. Like you mentioned most wild animals take any chance they can to sleep in the shade or whatever, the only real thing driving them most of the time is hunger and reproduction.

Offline walie

« Reply #20 on: Tue, 30 June 2020, 22:05:58 »
you know what's funny, when people go to prison they spend that time getting ripped but during a pandemic they spend it getting fat.

just further proves my theory that all humans are inherently lazy and if left to their own devices and technological convenience they would never leave their homes at all.

hey man, don't try to impose your life on the rest of us

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 02 July 2020, 22:24:49 »
Yikes, Tp4 = 2 Phattie.

Felt winded today just moving bags of gardening soil.

Been living like a sumo-wrestler Minus the Xercise.

Eat lunch , nap,  wake up , eat dinner, go to bed.

Offline Kavik

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 01:41:30 »
I've actually been able to reign in my diet this week. Sleeping in a sleeping bag in a tent for a week helped me determine that my chronic neck pain was being caused by a poor sleeping position. Now that I've forced myself to stop sleeping that way, the agonizing pain shooting up my neck from my trapezius has been replaced with just run of the mill occasional neck fatigue and discomfort.

Thus I don't have to eat when I'm not actually hungry just to make the pain stop for an hour (if I was lucky), meaning I can actually restrict my calories without a death wish entering my thoughts.

I know it's weird that food was pain medicine for me, but eating literally made the pain stop for 30-60 minutes (endorphins from the pleasure of eating?). One can see how this would lead to weight gain very easily.

The week's not over, but I should be around 169 lb in the morning. I've been between 171-174 lb for the past few months.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 02:20:01 »

100% correct.

9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #24 on: Fri, 10 July 2020, 03:18:33 »
Went climbing again yesterday, for the first time in months obviously.... My performance was abysmal, I'm ashamed xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #25 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 05:03:18 »

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #27 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 17:52:11 »
AAA

I thought Fanpeeps were strictly no-phat-chix.

This is Australia, after 25 everyone is phat.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #28 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 18:17:13 »
Discovered if I don't smoke or drink I only eat/get hungry once a day, so apparently the key to getting healthy is being healthy. Who woulda thought?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #29 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 18:28:56 »
Discovered if I don't smoke or drink I only eat/get hungry once a day, so apparently the key to getting healthy is being healthy. Who woulda thought?

Idk NT, it seems like you're on a binge of doin'evrything wrong, only to compare the bad results with the even worse results.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 18:37:23 »

Idk NT, it seems like you're on a binge of doin'evrything wrong, only to compare the bad results with the even worse results.

meh it doesn't matter

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 11 July 2020, 19:06:17 »

Offline -Jerry-

• OR '1'='1'
    • Jerry Talks Tech
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 14:04:50 »
I've remained more or less static.

On one hand I'm getting much less exercise because I'm not walking around the massive university campus where I work.

On the other hand, I haven't got access to the campus supermarket that is less than 100m from the door to my office either, so I've been both not eating as much crap from there AND saving money.
"Romeo"     "Split75"   "Melody96"     "KBD8X MKII"     "Womier K87"