Author Topic: Is the Razer Goliathus speed (Small) A good find for $8.35?  (Read 3474 times)

Offline 222lu222

Is the Razer Goliathus speed (Small) A good find for $8.35?
« on: Mon, 24 June 2013, 21:13:18 »
Hey guys so i need a New mouse pad and was browsing ebay and i found this for only $8.35, and razer is usually pricey so i check their website and its worth 15$ And was wondering what you guys thought about it and if its worth $8.35, was thinking QcK mass but its more expensive... So your call guys worth is or not? Oh ps it is the small version so it is only 290mm X 250mm X4mm. But your call guys :) Thanks for the help!

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
Re: Is the Razer Goliathus speed (Small) A good find for $8.35?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:00:06 »
Honesty you might be better of getting the Steelseries one and pay the extra

I had the really old Goliathus and ,apart from the edges fraying, the quality of material was perfect. However, they're now changed it.

It used to be a much heavier, textured, almost industrial type material with a really controlled glide. They're since changed the material to a very light material with a much less unique texture. I'm not entirely sure how to describe it, i can only give my opinion that i personally dislike it :P

I feel as if they've kinda cheaped out this time, althought they fixed the fraying edges they're using a completely different material.

Go for the steelseries if you don't mind paying the extra. I think the extra is worth it, thought. That being said, that price is extremely cheap for a Goliathus and isn't so bad.

errr, hope this helps :)
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline Potologue

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 29 June 2013, 23:13:35 »
8.35 isn't bad. I have the extended speed edition and it's pretty nice. I can't speak for the control edition however.
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 July 2013, 07:00:31 by Potologue »

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 03 July 2013, 17:09:53 »
8.35 isn't bad. I have the extended speed edition and it's pretty nice. I can't speak for the control edition however.

I have the extended control, it's quite nice, although I haven't been able to compare it to the speed. I really like the edges on it, although I'm not sure if they all have the stitched edges. If it has stitched edges then I'd choose it over the SS pads easily, if not; go for the SS pads.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 14:34:44 »

I had both in extended edition, and after a while the ultimate winner came out to be the speed edition. Control edition is crappy compare to speed if you play FPS.

Speed editions, any size, is the best surface you can get from Razer.
See my blog here : https://delitech.live

Poker II - Brown MX

Ducky One II TKL - Silver MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline vun

• Just one more thing
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 15:08:12 »

I had both in extended edition, and after a while the ultimate winner came out to be the speed edition. Control edition is crappy compare to speed if you play FPS.

Surface preference is highly subjective, especially when you're comparing gaming pads to other gaming pads. The only thing you can speak of as better or worse is quality of the materials used, anything beyond that is subjective(barring imaginable extremes).

Offline Potologue

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 04 July 2013, 23:15:34 »

I had a small size speed edition before I got the extended. It also had the stitched edges.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 07:36:34 »

Surface preference is highly subjective, especially when you're comparing gaming pads to other gaming pads. The only thing you can speak of as better or worse is quality of the materials used, anything beyond that is subjective(barring imaginable extremes).

Well the speed edition came out winner by natural selection my friend. The control edition doesn't feel good at all, it feels cheap. It's clean when you recieve it but it worned out pretty fast (about 3 months and it became pretty unusable) while the speed edition isn't worning out at all! I instantly bought the speed edition after giving away my control one, and it's been mint condition for the past 6-7 month.

And i'd say sniping is easier on a speed edition. You really get precise handling with it.

You really feel the difference between the two. Control simply isn't a deal, it's a crappy edition. Try them both and you will see yourself, the control edition feels like a dollar store mat.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX

Offline Cafiend

« Reply #8 on: Fri, 05 July 2013, 11:08:31 »
The Razer goliathus collects tons of cat hair. Just a warning if you have owners.

Offline Potologue

« Reply #9 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 07:04:14 »
The Razer goliathus collects tons of cat hair. Just a warning if you have owners.

That's true, the stitched edges get kind of hairy.

Offline Quardah

• DeliTech
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 08 July 2013, 07:57:36 »

True. I have to clean my mouse mat at least once a week because of the cats.

Poker II - Brown MX

TEX Shinobi - Clear MX