Author Topic: Bioshock and Fallout Classic pack less than $11  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
Bioshock and Fallout Classic pack less than $11
« on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 19:57:24 »
Is it worth it?  Haven't played either series.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Bioshock and Fallout Classic pack less than $11
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:07:50 »
Is it worth it?  Haven't played either series.

My son asked me to get it for him on Friday and he has been playing it almost continuously since.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:10:24 »
On where, Steam?

IIRC, Fallout 3 doesn't play nice with newer versions of Windows.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:29:55 »
Fallout works just fine on W7 and beyond (never had problems with them) but Bioshock, not really.

Bioshock 1 may need some McGyverisms in order to run with sound, the other ones run fine.

Great games overall, totally worth it in my opinion.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:33:39 »
The original Bioshock is still one of my favorite games to this day. Fantastic ending that you won't see coming.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:43:15 »
Flyersfan1, I'd suggest you to edit the last sentence of your reply, as it could be perceived as a bit spoiler-ish to someone who never played the game...

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 20:56:15 »
I don't care about spoilers for games.  Not like its a Star Wars movie.  This is going to be installed on 7 for right now.  Currently have Win 7 HDD in the PC for SolidWorks, as my version won't install on 10, and I detest 8/8.1 on a desktop.
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:05:04 »
Make sure you have some 3,5mm jack connected to whatever microphone port you have on your computer case. This is the only fix that I know for making Bioshock run with sound on a Windows 7 computer.

Offline Melvang

• * Maker
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 21:16:55 »
Make sure you have some 3,5mm jack connected to whatever microphone port you have on your computer case. This is the only fix that I know for making Bioshock run with sound on a Windows 7 computer.

Funny thing about that, I actually have the front panel mic jack wired inline with the power switch.  It acts as a key for my computer.  I have a blank microphone plug with the pins shorted together for the key.  My daughter has a habit of hitting buttons.  Less so now though.

But I have a headset with mic and speaker both as 3.5mm jacks plugged into the rear ports.

Now the question is which to play first.

Offline UsualSuspectXXX

• (⌐■_■)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 22:39:16 »
Bioshock 1 & Infinite were 2 of my favorite games of all time. I've had no issue running any of the Bioshock games on windows 8/10.