Author Topic: A mouse for the "Carbon" theme?  (Read 9091 times)

Offline Geckt

A mouse for the "Carbon" theme?
« on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:06:51 »
After the launch of a few sets of key caps in similar colorway, I was think about change my whole setup to the said theme. After much research, all I see fitting is the steelseries kana v2 in white/orange/black?

Anyone has got better suggestions?

I might even do some diy on my nzxt noctis450 to complete the theme even if it turns out nicely for the caps.

Sent from my 2013023 using Tapatalk

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
Re: A mouse for the "Carbon" theme?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:24:54 »
I like my Roccat Kone Pure Color with orange sides. Some people may mind the laser sensor though.

Offline D4ndie

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:36:00 »
Ummm....

Well I mean this exists.

Offline Geckt

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:41:01 »
Ummm....

Well I mean this exists.

While I really like the deathadder, honestly am not sold when I already had a dozen of them. lol

A very worthy mention though.  :thumb:

@Davkol: I saw that one coming as well, really like that one but like you stated it has laser sensor...
« Last Edit: Fri, 29 July 2016, 08:45:33 by Geckt »

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 10:19:51 »
I guess you could use the KPC shell with KPM internals. I've considered it, but the KPC's A9800 implementation doesn't bother me in the slightest in the end; it's probably the best one I've ever used after all, and the minor inconsistencies are irrelevant to me—considering that I don't play any FPS competitively, though.

Offline Booper

• * Destiny Supporter
    • omniclectic.com
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 10:25:10 »
steel series also has this one -

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Orange/dp/B00FAJT6VK

I've swapped LEDs on mice before and it's not that difficult so you could always DIY it!
omniclectic@gmail.com if you need me!

Offline Geckt

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 29 July 2016, 11:56:54 »
steel series also has this one -

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Sensei-Laser-Gaming-Orange/dp/B00FAJT6VK

I've swapped LEDs on mice before and it's not that difficult so you could always DIY it!

I guess you could use the KPC shell with KPM internals. I've considered it, but the KPC's A9800 implementation doesn't bother me in the slightest in the end; it's probably the best one I've ever used after all, and the minor inconsistencies are irrelevant to me—considering that I don't play any FPS competitively, though.

Come to thinking about it, if I were to be modding then most likely I will be using my current R.A.T 7 since there's nothing more comfy of a mouse to me than that.
If I could find some of it's spare pinkie and palm parts to paint on......

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 06:00:03 »
well there is always this:
http://au.evga.com/mice/TORQ/

Looks ok but it has real carbon fibre so yeah  :thumb:

Idk if that was what you meant by carbon theme but anyway

^^^Click for instagram^^^

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 07:19:22 »
I kind of wish I could put some decals on my MX master... No effing way I'm using any of those ****ty things just for color matching.

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 12:13:29 »
I kind of wish I could put some decals on my MX master... No effing way I'm using any of those ****ty things just for color matching.

You could try hydro dipping it, I think that would look awesome. It would obviously void the warranty though and it might feel a bit weird and slippery.

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 25 September 2016, 19:29:02 »
https://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/va/1610029.jpg

not the best colour fit, but great mouse.
Battlefield 1 edition Logitech G Pro

Offline tofgerl

« Reply #11 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 03:24:11 »

You could try hydro dipping it, I think that would look awesome. It would obviously void the warranty though and it might feel a bit weird and slippery.

That might be fun... I don't quite know how the mouse is put together, but it should be possible to separate the top shell and two main buttons, while leaving the semigold edges out... Could be quite cute :)

Offline ItsBarney01

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 03:29:38 »

That might be fun... I don't quite know how the mouse is put together, but it should be possible to separate the top shell and two main buttons, while leaving the semigold edges out... Could be quite cute :)

yeah carbon with gold highlights would be pretty nice

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 26 September 2016, 15:19:45 »
Steel series Rival 300 has three color options that may or may not work with your setup. Without pictures, it's difficult for me to say what might work. Rival 300 would probably work for a setup with a bit of grey, a bit of orange, all white, and all black. Probably could dull the white mouse with some 99% alcohol or something like that /shrug

Offline Geckt

« Reply #14 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 16:12:26 »
Steel series Rival 300 has three color options that may or may not work with your setup. Without pictures, it's difficult for me to say what might work. Rival 300 would probably work for a setup with a bit of grey, a bit of orange, all white, and all black. Probably could dull the white mouse with some 99% alcohol or something like that /shrug

Show Image

i tried those, the left is just as bad as those on the Kinzu V2 which I really loved for the shape/size. Could be my bad luck but anyhow I'm stuck on an idea I have in mind with my R.A.T7 with titanfall R.A.T3 panels modded on to it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #15 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 16:43:12 »

Show Image

i tried those, the left is just as bad as those on the Kinzu V2 which I really loved for the shape/size. Could be my bad luck but anyhow I'm stuck on an idea I have in mind with my R.A.T7 with titanfall R.A.T3 panels modded on to it.

Twin-eye laser huh? I think one of the Razer Nagas has a similar sensor--the Naga one is supposed to be good from what people say, if you don't lift the mouse that much

Offline Geckt

« Reply #16 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 23:14:06 »

Show Image

Twin-eye laser huh? I think one of the Razer Nagas has a similar sensor--the Naga one is supposed to be good from what people say, if you don't lift the mouse that much

Sorta like that, pretty inexplicable random double clicks, Nagas aren't that bad compared to Steelseries' mices. The "doubleclick" are legendary.