Author Topic: [IC] Think6.5 v2 - Gasket 65% Keyboard // GB July 19 | Live stream | giveaway  (Read 368421 times)

Offline SekaiJutsu

• GeekHack
Is it possible to offer White bottoms? Would love a Red-White

Offline ninjacore

pink top, purple bottom or riot

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Super excited but bummed that the only option for a pink top is pink-black :( . Gonna have to sit and think about that since I wanted all pink. I would have gone for a pink top choice but I don't like the black base.

Will the fr4 plate only be offered in black? Saw the protos on the demostudio01 instagram. Was considering a PC top-pink base combo but it'd look bad if the plate was black :thinking:. Any chance we can see the PC top - color base combo either in stream (are any streamers even getting 2 though) or on instagram before they get sent out to streamers?
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 16:57:04 by ghstgrl »
Space65 | Thera75 | NIZ TKL | Think6.5 v2 | Lily58
GMK Olivia | Comfy PBT | GMK Yuru
Upcoming:
AE Daedalus | GMK Pink on Navy | GMK Birch | KAT Refined

Offline Convergence

Really excited to find out more about the gaskets, will there be a typing test?

Offline GreatScawt

Aww, has a colorway to match the Mecha keyset been completely ruled out?

Offline prizeS

• TastyKeys
Super excited but bummed that the only option for a pink top is pink-black :( . Gonna have to sit and think about that since I wanted all pink. I would have gone for a pink top choice but I don't like the black base.

Will the fr4 plate only be offered in black? Saw the protos on the demostudio01 instagram. Was considering a PC top-pink base combo but it'd look bad if the plate was black :thinking:. Any chance we can see the PC top - color base combo either in stream (are any streamers even getting 2 though) or on instagram before they get sent out to streamers?

judging off previous posts it seems like most people liked the white plate and gaskets, including me. would be surprised if it didn't come white.
i lub 65% and wkl tkl.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?

judging off previous posts it seems like most people liked the white plate and gaskets, including me. would be surprised if it didn't come white.

Yeah hopefully. I think the white plate would look better with PC as well. I think the white would look great with all the cases as well, not that you'd see the plate much in the alu cases.

Just disappointed that there isn't full pink really lol. They have to make the pink top for pink-black and pink base for white-pink so why not offer full pink as well :/ If it wasn't too much trouble I hope they change their mind and offer a solid pink option for sale.
Upcoming:

Offline alper_maestro

So many reactions  :D

Will there be a hot-swap pcb or has this not been decided yet? Could not find this on the 1st page.

Offline gunth

So many reactions  :D

Will there be a hot-swap pcb or has this not been decided yet? Could not find this on the 1st page.
no hotswap

Offline newbie

Yeah hopefully. I think the white plate would look better with PC as well. I think the white would look great with all the cases as well, not that you'd see the plate much in the alu cases.

Just disappointed that there isn't full pink really lol. They have to make the pink top for pink-black and pink base for white-pink so why not offer full pink as well :/ If it wasn't too much trouble I hope they change their mind and offer a solid pink option for sale.

Same, was really looking forward to full pink or mecha themed. Something about the pink-black just doesn't click with me

Offline Shutter_Shock

Personally still hoping for a dark gray or dark purple PCB and FR4 plate.

Offline wolfez4444

Interested!

Offline kanix

This looks absolutely amazing and you've given me the perfect excuse to go out and build my first fully custom board.

Offline kitty

would die for a full pink since i wanted to mix pink and PC :O

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
(Attachment Link)

Would the red be the same as the sapce65 red above?

Will share pictures of the red prototype soon. It will be like this pictured below I believe.

Pink and gray will also be like the pictured one. But the blue will be a different one than pictured, something grayish-blue - which will also be shared soon.

Offline ghstgrl

• Are you comfy tho?
Those are some beautiful colors! That pink! 😍

Yeah I hope they will reconsider and offer a full pink option >_<. If not I might have to reconsider if my 2nd options are.
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 July 2020, 21:57:47 by ghstgrl »
Upcoming:

Offline JCraftCables

• Instagram
Definitely up for this group buy, but I can't decide 1U or 2U badge >.<

Offline guybrush

Do we know if we’ll have user replaceable badges like in V1?

Offline chowbabyloving

Definitely up for this group buy, but I can't decide 1U or 2U badge >.<

I went with 2u because of the lightbar

Offline Hangos

(Attachment Link)

Would the red be the same as the sapce65 red above?

Will share pictures of the red prototype soon. It will be like this pictured below I believe.

Pink and gray will also be like the pictured one. But the blue will be a different one than pictured, something grayish-blue - which will also be shared soon.

Looking very good

Show Image

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
White-pink prototype:

Offline dereknt

Even though I will definitely buy a board, I'm still feeling slight conflicted that I can't have a solid theming with this board. If I want a full boat theme, I still have the gear outlet. If I want a full gear light bulb theme, I still have boat theme bottom weight.

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
Could you pleaase elaborate on the badge color options. I am super confused.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

For single tone boards: badge and weight will be the same color as the case color

For dual-tone boards: the badge and weight will have contrast colors from the case. For example, white top, pink bottom will have pink badge and white weight

PC boards will have white badge and white weight.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 July 2020, 12:53:38 by oldcat »

Offline guybrush

So will we be able to purchase gold PVD badges for instance, as in R1?

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website

For single tone boards: badge and weight will be the same color as the case color

For dual-tone boards: the badge and weight will have contrast colors from the case. For example, white top, pink bottom will have pink badge and white weight

So the purple black would have a black badge? I was expecting a green one :(

Offline pandaemic

Curious about this one as well, will we be able to go with the green badge like in the renders?

Also, any ETA as to when the GB should be live?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Curious about this one as well, will we be able to go with the green badge like in the renders?

I would hope so, but at this time I am trying to make simple so there is a chance this GB can be shipped in 2020. Two-tone will make it a lot simpler (than 3-tone). I will check if a green badge can be made after all.

GB will be live in 2 weeks or so, as long as prototype shipping to streamers doesn't take an excessive amount of time.

Offline pandaemic

I would hope so, but at this time I am trying to make simple so there is a chance this GB can be shipped in 2020. Two-tone will make it a lot simpler (than 3-tone). I will check if a green badge can be made after all.

GB will be live in 2 weeks or so, as long as prototype shipping to streamers doesn't take an excessive amount of time.

Any insight on which streamers to look out for? I'd love to see one getting built.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life

Any insight on which streamers to look out for? I'd love to see one getting built.

As I talked to Potter, I am pretty much going to send out all the prototypes I planned to keep and build for myself, so there will be a few streamers, apart from the originally planned builds by Alex.
So Alex will receive the proto(s) directly from Potter first and build it on the day the GB goes live.
And then I will receive a couple of prototypes to send to US streamers. I have been talking to Nathan, Tiny, Apiary, and others.

Offline ZongZiWang

For dual-tone boards, can we choose badge color same as the top instead of bottom? e.g. white top black bottom with white badge?

Offline Domantas

Honestly the weight is not entirely for my taste. Overall boards looks so nice but that weight is hm. Really agree with those that says if boat theme then fully boat theme, if not boat then fully not boat

Offline lamonayon

As I talked to Potter, I am pretty much going to send out all the prototypes I planned to keep and build for myself, so there will be a few streamers, apart from the originally planned builds by Alex.
So Alex will receive the proto(s) directly from Potter first and build it on the day the GB goes live.
And then I will receive a couple of prototypes to send to US streamers. I have been talking to Nathan, Tiny, Apiary, and others.

Happy to know that there will be more streamers! Will they all build before the GB time-frame ends?

Btw - what's gonna be left for you @oldcat?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
PC prototypes, note the lighting can make it look more warm or cool. Will try to send streamer a PC one to build so different shades of the PC can be checked out.

Offline Kara

Can't wait for this! Definitely picking one up.

Offline Eagle Bearer

I'm in! Can't decide between the pink or red one. I'll also wait and see first the final tone of the blue.

Offline musicgecko

why aren't streamers building it before gb starts..?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
why aren't streamers building it before gb starts..?

There will be a few streams at various time points, I guess they might start before GB starts, it really depends on how fast DHL can deliver. However, seeing the crazy demand of Primus, if there are too many orders, we might need to end GB early though, so some streams may actually happen after the GB period is over ...

I am planning to move to Texas soon so hopefully, we get the GB done sooner than later, and hope to finish production and ship them in 2020!

Offline Kalabalik

if there are too many orders, we might need to end GB early

I was under the impression that this was an unlimited group buy. Is that not the case?

Offline dRnRcRr

Seriously hyped for this.   Good luck on the move btw

Offline fabijolo

• I like expensive plastic.
Your not wrong, what he said is just that the group buy will be, if you wanna call it that, "limited in time", which is what every group buy is, because otherwise it wouldn't be a group buy but rather just a normal "buy".
What he meant is that the GB, will, for example, be running, let's just say 1 week instead of 2.
 :D
if there are too many orders, we might need to end GB early

I was under the impression that this was an unlimited group buy. Is that not the case?

Offline AromRod

Answered sorry
« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2020, 16:45:22 by AromRod »

Offline paulgali

• SKME
R1 had an LED issue where if you wanted the light above the badge strip, the underglow would also be on. It would result in light spots on the inside of the bottom piece of the case. Would we be able to play with the matrix, and if so, are you able to assign them separately in qmk?

Offline Mukdip

Interested in the white-pink. Can we get a full board photo of the prototype?

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
All Color Options for Aluminum (PC will be offered):

1U Single Tone:

1U Dual Tone:

2U Single Tone:

2U Dual Tone:

« Last Edit: Sun, 05 July 2020, 13:21:12 by oldcat »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Detailed internal views and parts:

2U:

1U:

Offline El_Jackador

Bravo on all the work! I'll take them all hahah

Offline x1angel

I think I'm gonna buy at least 2 versions of it, so satisfied from the images.

Sent from my POCO F2 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
    • Website
Very nice renders. Just sad that there is no green badge for the purple version.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Very nice renders. Just sad that there is no green badge for the purple version.

While there is no default green badge - for the GB logistics (dual tone is simpler than 3 colors), I am trying my best to make green badge possible as an optional item.