Author Topic: PSA: Member KappaKapps, aka MGH, aka Pacifist, aka Pac Caps, aka ...  (Read 304964 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: PSA: Member MGH, aka Pacifist, aka Pac Caps, aka ...
« Reply #100 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:13:00 »
"bullying"

Yeah, totally.

where as pacifist is (based on his past actions) simply a massive douchebag.
**** you pacifist, aka MGH...
What a ****ing scumbag.
a massive douchebag.
Yeah definitely just civil discussion here

did you forget that he created a second account (against TOS) instead of posting from his old one?

if a mod comes out and say that this second account was approved, then we can put this fact to rest, but until then it screams dishonesty and should be viewed as a means to hide his identity. regardless of the reason, it is wrong.
Oh yeah no totally I forgot literally what the subject of the thread was. Well, of course it was an attempt to hide his identity, when people flamed him near to death there's really no coming back from that, as you've seen from a few members who have recently been forced off the forum after trying to apologize to no avail. I'm not saying it's within the rules, but it's an understandable decision. And as I've mentioned, there are members on here, some known by everyone, who have multiple accounts. In this case it's just a matter of preferential treatment
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:13:31 »
did you forget that he created a second account (against TOS) instead of posting from his old one?

if a mod comes out and say that this second account was approved, then we can put this fact to rest, but until then it screams dishonesty and should be viewed as a means to hide his identity. regardless of the reason, it is wrong.

Just an FYI to avoid confusion:

Pacifist is banned.  You cannot contact moderators from a banned account.  This means that there is technically no truly "legitimate" way to contact us, as the only solution is to create a new account to contact us, which is against ToS.

putting up a way to contact you guys would be a good idea.

sometimes accidental bans happen.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:14:44 »

Pacifist is banned.  You cannot contact moderators from a banned account.  This means that there is technically no truly "legitimate" way to contact us, as the only solution is to create a new account to contact us, which is against ToS.

thanks for that info Hoff

that pretty much rests my case...

putting up a way to contact you guys would be a good idea.

sometimes accidental bans happen.

yes, i agree with that... make a "contact us" form somewhere that can be submitted without an account... or a public email or something...
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:16:29 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #103 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:17:45 »
In his defence, I am pretty sure the way I worded the sale, was anyone who didn't win a cap in the last raffle sale could enter. My point is that lying about being really excited for his first bro cap is deceiving and unnecessary in the first place, as he could have just said thanks for the opportunity and bought it off me,and it would have been fine! But he purposely decided to make the point that it is his first bro cap. In addition to him upselling his last caps when he left, which makes me feel like he is banned from sales by Bro, which also means I would have sold it to someone else.. Oh well, that's what you get when trying to do good deeds on Geekhack! Next time I will raise the minimum post count from 200 to 1000 I guess..

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:18:48 »

And had he contacted us IMMEDIATELY to talk things over, it probably would have been less of an issue.

yes, i agree with that... make a "contact us" form somewhere that can be submitted without an account... or a public email or something...

I highly agree with this idea.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:19:58 »
may i suggest the email name?

dontevenbother@geekhack.banned

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #106 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:20:55 »
Oh yeah no totally I forgot literally what the subject of the thread was. Well, of course it was an attempt to hide his identity, when people flamed him near to death there's really no coming back from that, as you've seen from a few members who have recently been forced off the forum after trying to apologize to no avail.

He behaved like an ass, everyone called him on his behaviour and he left. If he wanted to come back and turn over a new leaf he should have done it under his original account, simple as that. Just because he's a teenager doesn't excuse his ****ty behaviour in the past, the world isn't some magical place where all your previous indiscretions are forgotten just because you've taken a few months off.

I actually said at the beginning of the thread that I wouldn't have had a problem with him if he'd gone about this the right way, as I see it currently he's scammed a member out of a Brobot that should have gone to someone much more deserving. That is why I called him an *******, not because he created a dupe account.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #107 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:23:27 »
what does MGH even stand for? sounds like a new drug.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:23:42 »
This thread has more people looking at it than the clackvent thread... 😄
did r1p link it to reddit? i wonder what sort of clickbait title he conjured up to get people intrigued in drama they know nothing about (heck, i've been here for a while and this is the first time i hear about pacifist's notoriety). it's also sad how a few rare artisan caps can bring out so many undesirable traits in people..

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #109 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:24:10 »
may i suggest the email name?

dontevenbother@geekhack.banned

that's some funny ****, not gonna lie...
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #110 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:24:54 »

mgh is the physics formula for gravitational potential energy if you were wondering  :p

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #111 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:25:28 »
Do you guys remember that ban-list where people were purposely adding themselves to the Pacifist's caps ban-list? That was hilarious.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #112 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:25:54 »
did r1p link it to reddit? i wonder what sort of clickbait title he conjured up to get people intrigued in drama they know nothing about (heck, i've been here for a while and this is the first time i hear about pacifist's notoriety)
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2vcfu6/this_is_what_happens_when_you_get_added_to_the/

it's also sad how a few rare artisan caps can bring out so many undesirable traits in people..
yeah weird how that happens

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #113 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:26:16 »
Do you guys remember that ban-list where people were purposely adding themselves to the Pacifist's caps ban-list? That was hilarious.

oh man... i almost forgot about that...

wonder if i added myself...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #114 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:26:30 »

That works really well until someone is bitter about being banned and spams the email, making it mostly useless.  :|

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #115 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:27:19 »

mgh is the physics formula for gravitational potential energy if you were wondering  :p

oooo so much potential energy.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #116 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:29:36 »

That works really well until someone is bitter about being banned and spams the email, making it mostly useless.  :|

give someone limited moderation powers to manage just the contact us form, and they can link it to their (or rather an @geekhack.org) email address and sort through it themselves...

tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #117 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:30:27 »

give someone limited moderation powers to manage just the contact us form, and they can link it to their (or rather an @geekhack.org) email address and sort through it themselves...

please. no more mods.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #118 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:32:54 »

please. no more mods.

kinda why i threw in the word "limited" but i suppose this could be accomplished without any mod status needed...

i'd volunteer, but i doubt the mods would think i'm a suitable candidate for such a task

i can't imagine how much **** ripster would spam it with...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #119 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:36:30 »

please. no more mods.

kinda why i threw in the word "limited" but i suppose this could be accomplished without any mod status needed...

i'd volunteer, but i doubt the mods would think i'm a suitable candidate for such a task

would it be possible to submit some sort of ticket? like, say you get the banned screen and an option to dispute your ban. which brings you to another page where you type in your contact info and your reasoning.

or not, you know, just add more mods and rules.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #120 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:37:47 »

please. no more mods.

would it be possible to submit some sort of ticket? like, say you get the banned screen and an option to dispute your ban. which brings you to another page where you type in your contact info and your reasoning.

if you keep up with these good ideas they'll make you a mod
tp thread is tp thread

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #121 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:39:47 »
kmiller8 deserves a second chance.

if we ban cheese nips, nothing is safe.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #122 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:41:05 »

please. no more mods.

MOARRRR MODS! CMON DEMINKA!
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #123 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:44:23 »
How many times will he get a second chance, though?  This is what? 5? 6?

Or are they all absolved because "he's a teenager"?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #124 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:45:22 »

DEMIK STOP POSTING IN YOUR ALT ACCOUNT

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #125 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:46:41 »

WHO THE **** ARE YOU

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #126 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:47:12 »

WHO THE **** ARE YOU

Zeal's American Cousin?

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #127 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:47:35 »

hi demik
tp thread is tp thread

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #128 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:47:42 »

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #129 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:47:42 »

WHO THE **** ARE YOU

Zeal's American Cousin?

huehue

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #130 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:49:18 »

WHO THE **** ARE YOU

Zeal's American Cousin?

american zeal

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #131 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:50:00 »

hi demik

Hola.  I like burritos, tacos and sour cream.

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #132 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 18:50:22 »

hi demik

taco taco burrito

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #133 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:25:32 »

hi demik

taco taco burrito

uhhh, are you going to eat your nachos?
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:51:30 »
So some people knew he has here and kept it to themselves?

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:52:30 »

wait, really?

well, apparently that changed...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 19:53:31 »

That's what it sounds like to me
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 20:07:19 »

Love when that happens...
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 20:08:21 »

Love when that happens...

that won't happen for another 2 months at least...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline GSimon

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:49:21 »
No such thing as a fresh start in life or on the internet. You can't just act like a douchebag and later decide that you don't like the consequences. Your reputation will follow you, as it should, and people will find out eventually who you really are.

Riggght. People change overtime, and a reputation can be mended if they've shown they've made changes to improve.

If I held this extreme attitude you seem to have against every banned/excluded member I would never buy from CTRLAlt again because of how immature BunnyLake reacted to Decked Out/Pulse Set situation, also I was led to believe the Toxic set wouldn't be such a mess and there wouldn't be excuses left and right. Why should I trust it won't happen again? Because they've cut raccoon out of the loop so they changed their operations. And because generally BunnyLake has been a cool guy, to me at least, via PM and elsewhere and I believe it was a one off instance where his emotions led to name calling.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:54:11 »
No such thing as a fresh start in life or on the internet. You can't just act like a douchebag and later decide that you don't like the consequences. Your reputation will follow you, as it should, and people will find out eventually who you really are.

Riggght. People change overtime, and a reputation can be mended if they've shown they've made changes to improve.

If I held this extreme attitude you seem to have against every banned/excluded member I would never buy from CTRLAlt again because of how immature BunnyLake reacted to Decked Out/Pulse Set situation, also I was led to believe the Toxic set wouldn't be such a mess and there wouldn't be excuses left and right. Why should I trust it won't happen again? Because they've cut raccoon out of the loop so they changed their operations. And because generally BunnyLake has been a cool guy, to me at least, via PM and elsewhere and I believe it was a one off instance where his emotions led to name calling.

emotions = the root of all evil
tp thread is tp thread

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:54:14 »

That's not what's in question. He never even TRIED to mend his reputation, he just thought he could get away with creating another account with no-one being any the wiser.

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:54:40 »

That's not what's in question. He never even TRIED to mend his reputation, he just thought he could get away with creating another account with no-one being any the wiser.

hence, he's a douche
tp thread is tp thread

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #143 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:55:07 »

Go back to reddit, comparing bunnylake to pacifist....wow....

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #144 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 21:56:47 »

QFT

they're practically polar opposites...
tp thread is tp thread

Offline GSimon

« Reply #145 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:00:55 »

I'm not saying Pacified did, am just used to jdcarpe reacting this way and everyone getting on board https://geekhack.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=j1om34b3go8rl32dun3d5apsr6&topic=68197.0

Did I do that? Nope. I made a statement about a person's reputation.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:09:20 »
It is definitely even more disheartening to find out he swindled byker into selling him his Stump.  >:D

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:11:34 »
DIDNT THIS GUY WIN A CLACK!!! A clack he shoudln't have won if he was using an account he wasnt supposed to? I think we should auction that clack to give the benefits to GH as a donation  :thumb: Seriously though, this guy sounds like he really took advantage of the GH community for his own gain and royally screwed a lot of people along the way.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:13:42 »
It is definitely even more disheartening to find out he swindled byker into selling him his Stump.  >:D
He wasn't swindled, MGH won the cap fair and square, he just added some unnecessary comments during the transaction

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #149 on: Mon, 09 February 2015, 22:17:04 »
MGH won the cap fair and square

No, he didn't. You think if he was using his original username byker would have sold him the cap? Not ****ing likely.