Author Topic: [GB] Red Alert Round 2: COMPLETE  (Read 248986 times)

Offline Kellybear

• (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
Re: Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread KEYS SHIP AUG 10-11th
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 10:41:24 »
SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 12:04:43 »
Quit showing of your uber 1337 red on white biohazard escape key!11!!1!

Yeah we're going to need to do another run of that... Om nom nom. That one is actually on GAL, so it matches the grey mods perfectly. The difference isn't a huge deal with the white mods either though. Anyways back to work. Time to start labeling! Since I have to list a ship date I may have to ship almost all of them today and a couple tomorrow if I feel like I won't make it in time to get to the post office.

Offline emptythecache

• out.
« Reply #702 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 13:07:18 »
i keep thinking that biohazard is dark red on light blue, because of the white balance. That color combo would be ****ing incredible for a doubleshot set. I would do such things to make that happen.

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 15:24:03 »
Any chance these have been shipped out??
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 15:46:23 »
i keep thinking that biohazard is dark red on light blue, because of the white balance. That color combo would be ****ing incredible for a doubleshot set. I would do such things to make that happen.

That's an interesting idea. Perhaps!

I'm not going to be able to get all of them done today, the labeling process is taking much longer than expected. Stamps.com is nice because it offers free delivery confirmation and all the other stuff, but particularly for international addresses it has a tough time understanding them so they come out right on the label. I'm pretty confident that while my prior method of handwriting everything was a lot more work, with a stamp for the return address it is faster overall. Some food for thought.

However, I do have a significant amount ready to go and I will be mailing those out today barring a natural disaster. The rest I will work through the night (again) and ship out tomorrow. Oh and Ek, yes yours is one of the ones going out today. Perks of getting in on the gb early.

Dave out.

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #705 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 15:48:29 »
I hope that I'm apart of today's batch *crosses fingers*
Current: HHKB Pro 2, 87u 55g 10AE, FC600C, Model M 1391401

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:22:32 »
GOT MY SHIPPING NOTIFICATION.

Thank you!

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
  • Know Topre, Know Peace. No Topre, No Peace.
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:31:37 »
Got my shipping notification too. 

Putting these on my Filco Camo when they get here!
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
Re: Re: Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread KEYS SHIP AUG 10-11th
« Reply #708 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:33:02 »
GOT MY SHIPPING NOTIFICATION.

Thank you!

X2

MOAR BARS
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline ekw808

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • Ekw
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:34:33 »
Awesome I just got my shipping notificiation, thanks!
[One Keyboard at a time]

My Heatware Please comment, and I will do the same =D 

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #710 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:42:36 »
Noooo, sad face :-(

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #711 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:43:46 »
Dave can mine be.... marked at a reduced value please?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #712 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 16:55:33 »
Dave can mine be.... marked at a reduced value please?

Yeah I think I figured out a way I can do that. If I use Stamps.com insurance I can insure it for the full value without having to declare that same value on the package. Send me a PM on how much you want me to write it as. I will write it down very low if asked.

Note to everyone else. I think I am going to try and get all of the US Red Alert orders shipped out today. International takes a while anyways and that way I can spend the night filling out the customs forms/dealing with stamps.com's cumbersome interface. No promises on getting EVERYONE today, I decided this just recently after giving up on dealing with internationals at the moment.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #713 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 19:52:26 »
International takes a while anyways and that way I can spend the night filling out the customs forms/dealing with stamps.com's cumbersome interface. No promises on getting EVERYONE today, I decided this just recently after giving up on dealing with internationals at the moment.

Because I am the absolute last person who bought these caps, please put me last for shipping.  I do not mind being last........in just about everything.  Like I said earlier, I'm happy to get shipped even next week or the week after that.  When ever you've got some spare time.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #714 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 20:26:22 »
dave you be hating on me, i don't have shipping confirmation!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #715 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:26:48 »
Too far down the list buddy. 1 day difference shouldn't be too bad after 2 months. :P

Offline megnin

• Topre, or not Topre? That is the question.
« Reply #716 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:34:43 »
I waited by the mailbox today.  Mine didn't come yet.  ;)
“The only difference between me and a madman is I'm not mad." -- Salvador Dali

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #717 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:38:56 »
Speaking of that. Yours needs a bigger box! PM incoming.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #718 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:49:25 »
I'll remember this. You will rue the day you made me wait another day or three! Mark my words! Mark them well.

Offline megnin

« Reply #719 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:49:53 »
Speaking of that. Yours needs a bigger box! PM incoming.
Replied to your PM.  Yes, you are right.  Thanks!

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #720 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 21:59:08 »
Rag quick question. Have all the extras been sold? I'm not really collecting boards/caps anymore. So I plan to put mine up for sale but didn't want to step on your toes until the extras are gone.

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #721 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 22:04:21 »
I do still have extras, not a lot of them though. You can list yours up if you want, or wait till after and probably get more than I'm asking. I don't mind if you take a sale by offering it for less. I'm all for those that bought extras being able to sell them to help fund their addiction- or in your case, rid themselves of it!

Lol.

@ Glissant. Pure Terror over here. About as much terror as my mush of a brain can comprehend at the moment. Eye sir rend hurr

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 22:14:20 »
PMed you lightsout. Need a tsangsan kit (preferably grey).
Mkawa Beta SSK | IBM SSK | IBM Model AT F | IBM F 122 | IBM Unsaver | LZ-GH (62g ergo clears) | HHKB Pro2 Type-S | HHKB Pro2 | Realforce 87U-Silent (55g uniform) | Leopold FC660C | Omnikey 101 (blue alps) | Kingsaver (blue alps) | Zenith ZKB2 (green alps)
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #723 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 22:15:43 »
Sorry I just have the base kit coming.

Rag can I ask what you are selling a base kit for?

Offline Glissant

« Reply #724 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 22:16:49 »
He is selling the base for $80

The base is so sexy too. Red on white all over is sooo cleeeaaaan!

Offline lightsout714

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #725 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 22:30:09 »
Oh $80 I see. I think I can beat that ;)

Offline WRXChris

« Reply #726 on: Fri, 10 August 2012, 23:27:06 »
I must reiterate that those final portal 2 legends with the intended colors look freaking awesome!  Great job Rag!!  Can't wait to see them in person, along with everything else :D

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #727 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 12:44:13 »
Attention everyone with international orders. I am doing your postage now, and apparently it requires a phone number for every one. If you have yours please PM it to me. If not, I will just put mine.

Thanks,
Dave

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #728 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 12:55:24 »
Just got my shipment notification, woot! Can't wait.

Offline Glissant

« Reply #729 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 14:53:32 »
Rag, just use your own or the number for dunkin donuts. I always just use my own phone number.

Offline MarkPharaoh

Re: Re: Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread KEYS SHIP AUG 10-11th
« Reply #730 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 15:37:47 »
Rag, just use your own or the number for dunkin donuts. I always just use my own phone number.

Are there even Dunkin Donuts on the west coast? I've lived here for a year and have yet to see one :-)

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #731 on: Sat, 11 August 2012, 15:39:03 »
Yeah that's basically what I'm doing. I'm going to require it for international orders next time though, makes it a lot easier since I only got a few numbers from those that saw the message and it's another step to check if the one I'm doing is one of them. Just FYI I think there was one buyer that I forgot to change the email address for, so one guy didn't get a shipping notification and one guy got two. If the guy that got two wants to step forward and send that information on to the guy who didn't get it, it would be much appreciated by both of us. Sorry I don't remember exactly who it was, too hectic.

I'm switching gears here for a bit, every domestic and more than half of the internationals have gone out, but I need to get to Portal Biohazard before they all kill me. If I don't make it back to those remaining international orders, they will ship out Monday.

Dave out

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #732 on: Sun, 12 August 2012, 19:05:55 »
If I don't make it back to those remaining international orders, they will ship out Monday.

Dave out

Woohoo, I just got my email notifying me they're shipping my keysets.  BRILLIANT, The RED 2's are coming.

Already cleaning out the OLD caps from my Filco's because they will highlight their unique design and for Ragnorock's tenacity in not giving up.

A genuine heart-felt thanks goes to you for just hanging in there and providing a decent key-set for every one here on Geekhack.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 August 2012, 19:14:39 by Elrick »

Offline Nask

Re: Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread KEYS SHIPPED!
« Reply #733 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:05:59 »
Received the notification, CC&G will be shipped soon ... I think I should buy another keyboard, a black one, for this keyset before I receive them. Another reason to justify this purchase. :-)

Thanks a lot tsangan !
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:07:44 by Nask »
Keyboards: IBM SSK | Noppoo Choc Mini MX-Blue | PLU ML-87 MX-Brown | CM QFR Mx-Red | CM Novatouch

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #734 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:14:42 »
Uhh, this is the Red Alert thread buddy, not CCnG lol.

Anyways, everything has been labelled and paid for, and is ready to go out tomorrow. The only two left are Prava and Korn1009, whose orders ran into a couple of small issues. Korn1009's order is too large to fit into a small box (I tried really hard to get them to fit because the price difference is pretty big,) but they just aren't going to fit without running a very high risk of damaging the keys or the box exploding. So, I have yet to ship it because I'm waiting on a response from him on whether he wants to pay for a medium box or two smalls. If someone sees this and knows him tell him to check his PMs please! Prava on the other hand was a bit less fortunate. Either I mistakenly put an extra grey mod set in somebody's package, or SP shorted me one. Either is likely, probably more likely that I screwed up, but hey never count SP out. Either way, Prava if you could check your PMs I did send you one asking what you'd like to do, whether it be a refund, or we wait until SP makes a new set for me to ship to you or the honest recipient of the mistakenly shipped set steps forward and I'll pay for them to ship it to you.

Cheers,
Dave out.

PS: To all the guys saying I don't work hard enough for all of this supposed money I'm rolling in, I've been working 18+ hour days for over the last week on this group buy, for which I am greeted with rude slander and libel in return. Haters gonna hate, but they can all kiss my ass because no matter how hard this is or how much work it ends up being, its worth it to see these projects brought to life. This summer was extremely fun for me doing this instead of slaving away detailing cars. For that everyone, you have my thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:18:25 by Ragnorock »

Offline kaiserreich

• HHKB Elite
« Reply #735 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:34:43 »
Uhh, this is the Red Alert thread buddy, not CCnG lol.

Anyways, everything has been labelled and paid for, and is ready to go out tomorrow. The only two left are Prava and Korn1009, whose orders ran into a couple of small issues. Korn1009's order is too large to fit into a small box (I tried really hard to get them to fit because the price difference is pretty big,) but they just aren't going to fit without running a very high risk of damaging the keys or the box exploding. So, I have yet to ship it because I'm waiting on a response from him on whether he wants to pay for a medium box or two smalls. If someone sees this and knows him tell him to check his PMs please! Prava on the other hand was a bit less fortunate. Either I mistakenly put an extra grey mod set in somebody's package, or SP shorted me one. Either is likely, probably more likely that I screwed up, but hey never count SP out. Either way, Prava if you could check your PMs I did send you one asking what you'd like to do, whether it be a refund, or we wait until SP makes a new set for me to ship to you or the honest recipient of the mistakenly shipped set steps forward and I'll pay for them to ship it to you.

Cheers,
Dave out.

PS: To all the guys saying I don't work hard enough for all of this supposed money I'm rolling in, I've been working 18+ hour days for over the last week on this group buy, for which I am greeted with rude slander and libel in return. Haters gonna hate, but they can all kiss my ass because no matter how hard this is or how much work it ends up being, its worth it to see these projects brought to life. This summer was extremely fun for me doing this instead of slaving away detailing cars. For that everyone, you have my thanks.

Try to build a custom box and wrap it with brown paper, or whatever you want to call that.
Ship it as 1st class mail.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #736 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:41:41 »

You bet, don't ever stop running anymore Group Buys Dave.........never stop.  From now on I'm buying anything you are running, to me this Group Buy was fast, professional, always informed about what's going on and basically you told the truth.  I like that a lot.

You will still have a lot of people who trust you and are happy in dealing with you no matter what happens.
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 04:43:46 by Elrick »

Offline pasph

« Reply #737 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 07:39:45 »

You bet, don't ever stop running anymore Group Buys Dave.........never stop.  From now on I'm buying anything you are running, to me this Group Buy was fast, professional, always informed about what's going on and basically you told the truth.  I like that a lot.

You will still have a lot of people who trust you and are happy in dealing with you no matter what happens.

This.
I'm just waiting for your next GB.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline MarkPharaoh

« Reply #738 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 10:43:16 »
Oh ****, my package was processed through the SF sorting facility this morning. With any luck, it'll be on my doorstep when I get back from my run! They'll be going straight onto my FILCO.

Offline DanGWanG

• Higher Standards
    • DanGWanG's Keyboard Blog
« Reply #739 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 10:44:42 »
cheeeyaaaa

August 13, 2012   08:06:00    CHICAGO, IL   OUT FOR DELIVERY

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #740 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 10:49:55 »
August 13, 2012    08:50:00    FRESH MEADOWS, NY    OUT FOR DELIVERY
hell yeah!

Offline rainb1ood

• so pretty so plastic
« Reply #741 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 10:57:50 »
Got mine here at work! Thanks Rag! Got called in a meeting now so can't post pics yet lol

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #742 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 11:03:21 »
Got mine here at work! Thanks Rag! Got called in a meeting now so can't post pics yet lol
MX keys > work!  blasphemy!

on another note " August 13, 2012 09:08:00 LOWELL, MA 01852 SORTING/PROCESSING COMPLETE "  The next 7 hours are going to be tough....
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 11:08:36 by xJaPx »
| Poker MX Red |

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #743 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:03:43 »

Did someone say RA?

The grey mods are definitely tan in color, but I think they look amazing.  It kinda reminds me of a nice tan linen suit
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:30:19 by AKIMbO »
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline Glissant

« Reply #744 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:30:05 »
Nice picture, AKIMbO.

I just received mine :D. I will take some pictures after I set up the poker I just received with ghetto greens.

THEY LOOK SO GOOD IN PERSON!

Offline xJaPx

• Oh, Herro!
« Reply #745 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:51:42 »
Nice picture, AKIMbO.

I just received mine :D. I will take some pictures after I set up the poker I just received with ghetto greens.

THEY LOOK SO GOOD IN PERSON!
no gloating without pictures! dont be greedy and cruel glissant!
| Poker MX Red |

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #746 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:54:41 »
Show Image

Did someone say RA?

The grey mods are definitely tan in color, but I think they look amazing.  It kinda reminds me of a nice tan linen suit

Yeah I noticed that as well, but Melissa told me that grey was the same grey from the original set so that's what I chose. That could be why they chose it originally too, because it does look super sexy.

Offline AKIMbO

• HHKBro
« Reply #747 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 12:59:23 »
Show Image

Did someone say RA?

Yeah I noticed that as well, but Melissa told me that grey was the same grey from the original set so that's what I chose. That could be why they chose it originally too, because it does look super sexy.

Yo Rag,  I think you forgot to include that prototype R4 grey biohazard key in my shipment like you had promised :3
| KBD75 (box reds)

Offline megnin

« Reply #748 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 13:08:55 »
Just got mine.  They look super great!  I can't wait to get them on a keyboard.  I'll post some pics as soon as I decide which keyboards to put them on.  I got two sets and both gray and red modifiers.  FTW!

Thank you Rag.  Awesome job on this Group Buy.  Perfectly executed.  I'm in on your future GBs without hesitation!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #749 on: Mon, 13 August 2012, 13:43:48 »

Did someone say RA?

Yo Rag,  I think you forgot to include that prototype R4 grey biohazard key in my shipment like you had promised :3

I PROMISED NOTHING! XD

@ Megnin, sweet, glad you're happy.

To everyone else, as always, there will be some missing/defective keys. I did get a chance to go through every set though and I didn't notice anything. However I certainly didn't have the time to hand check all of them either. Please report any deficiencies via PM to me and I'll take care of it!

Cheers,
Dave
« Last Edit: Mon, 13 August 2012, 13:46:02 by Ragnorock »