Author Topic: [GB] Red Alert Round 2: COMPLETE  (Read 248598 times)

Offline Ivanguo1985

Re: Red Alert Round 2: COMPLETE
« Reply #900 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 18:37:49 »
Hum,, Ragnorock, are you gonna start another GB any time soon ?

I found this White caps red letter set in another forum few days earlier. Too bad i missed the GB.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #901 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 18:40:08 »
tjcaustin has an interest check here for another round of this set, plus more.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #902 on: Fri, 02 November 2012, 19:00:49 »
Btw finally got the missing keys from my friend/partner that SP decided to mail to him rather than me. We were unable to sync up our schedules till now. I'll have em all mailed out tomorrow.

Offline i488

« Reply #903 on: Sun, 11 November 2012, 21:43:57 »
did iso kit happen or not?

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #904 on: Mon, 12 November 2012, 00:14:50 »
Uhh, yes, it did. I'm not sure why you asked? I don't have any left for sale, the only ones ordered went to their respective buyers.

Btw, all replacement keys have been mailed out. Korn1009 I just got your key in the mail, I did manage to get one from SP without much trouble even though it wasn't in the initial request. I'll get that out ASAP.

With that, I'm pretty comfortable closing this thread later this week. This group buy is finished and it doesn't need to keep getting bumped.

Cheers,
Dave

Offline hluo87

Re: Red Alert Round 2 Order Thread KEYS SHIPPED!
« Reply #905 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 09:54:12 »
Something a little more proper...

Show Image

i like yours !!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #906 on: Thu, 29 November 2012, 18:15:21 »
Hey mods, can I get this moved to my subforum? Preferably in a sub subforum called "Completed Group Buys"?

Offline HackJoe

• MODZERO CUSTOMS
« Reply #907 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 10:50:38 »
First Post!

I've been looking for these sets based on some of the posts in 'post your poker'. I got my Poker2 yesterday and I'm loving it! I'm really new to the process, how would I go about rallying buyers for another order?

J.
-MODZERO-

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #908 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 17:50:47 »
First Post!

I've been looking for these sets based on some of the posts in 'post your poker'. I got my Poker2 yesterday and I'm loving it! I'm really new to the process, how would I go about rallying buyers for another order?

J.

Produce 57 more valuable posts (to reach 60), then start an IC (interest check) thread in the relevant section.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline HackJoe

• MODZERO CUSTOMS
« Reply #909 on: Sat, 05 October 2013, 19:07:11 »

Produce 57 more valuable posts (to reach 60), then start an IC (interest check) thread in the relevant section.

Thanks, Then this I shall attempt. :)

J.
« Last Edit: Sun, 06 October 2013, 05:51:57 by HackJoe »
-MODZERO-

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #910 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 01:35:38 »
I'm pretty sure between this, Klaxon, and Klaxon round 2, GH may be a bit saturated with Red Alert at the moment... if you're looking for one your best bet is probably looking in the classifieds, as I'm not sure there will be enough interest to run another group buy soon. However, if you generate the interest and want me to run it, I'll certainly do so.

Offline HackJoe

• MODZERO CUSTOMS
« Reply #911 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 02:13:46 »

I'm pretty sure between this, Klaxon, and Klaxon round 2, GH may be a bit saturated with Red Alert at the moment... if you're looking for one your best bet is probably looking in the classifieds, as I'm not sure there will be enough interest to run another group buy soon. However, if you generate the interest and want me to run it, I'll certainly do so.

Thanks for the response, I'll certainly keep an eye on the classifieds. Here's hoping someone would like to sell. I've PM'd a few users offering there RA sets in the marketplace but I'm yet to hear back.

What sort of order quantities would you need to warrant a third round?

J.
-MODZERO-

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #912 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 09:37:44 »
To be honest I'm not really sure. If I was to say an arbitrary number like 30 or 50, that isn't even enough to make it affordable for everyone, yet only a fraction of group buy participants actually show up in interest check threads. Basically anything where the interest accumulates quickly and the thread stays on top of the section. If you were to go about posting it you can send me a PM and I can contribute my input/info.

Note* I'm assuming that because you're relatively new some of the following may not make sense, so let me know if you need clarification on anything.

If we were to do a rerun, I've gotten permission from 7bit to use his custom legends, so it would be different from the 2.0/Klaxon, and much closer to the original Red Alert. I'm thinking that's something a lot of people would be interested in. Also I would run it exactly the same way I ran the last one, since I would want it to be the same custom colors I picked out... the new ordering system that some organizers are using doesn't apply to colors outside the limited set that they have for that system... however comparing prices between Klaxon and this group buy, the prices should still be cheaper if we merit enough orders.

Also, you can certainly throw up a WTB thread in the classifieds if you haven't. Not sure if you need more posts to do that, but expect sellers to ask for a gifted payment on your end since you have no reputation.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #913 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 12:55:46 »
Thanks for the response, I'll certainly keep an eye on the classifieds. Here's hoping someone would like to sell. I've PM'd a few users offering there RA sets in the marketplace but I'm yet to hear back.

There are probably 1000+ white and red sets floating around in the wild by now ... your best course of action is to post a WTB (want-to-buy) thread in the classifieds when you reach 60 posts.  I think the userbase is pretty much done with Red Alert knock-off group buys.

Offline HackJoe

• MODZERO CUSTOMS
« Reply #914 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 14:29:10 »
To be honest I'm not really sure. If I was to say an arbitrary number like 30 or 50, that isn't even enough to make it affordable for everyone, yet only a fraction of group buy participants actually show up in interest check threads. Basically anything where the interest accumulates quickly and the thread stays on top of the section. If you were to go about posting it you can send me a PM and I can contribute my input/info.

Note* I'm assuming that because you're relatively new some of the following may not make sense, so let me know if you need clarification on anything.

If we were to do a rerun, I've gotten permission from 7bit to use his custom legends, so it would be different from the 2.0/Klaxon, and much closer to the original Red Alert. I'm thinking that's something a lot of people would be interested in. Also I would run it exactly the same way I ran the last one, since I would want it to be the same custom colors I picked out... the new ordering system that some organizers are using doesn't apply to colors outside the limited set that they have for that system... however comparing prices between Klaxon and this group buy, the prices should still be cheaper if we merit enough orders.

Also, you can certainly throw up a WTB thread in the classifieds if you haven't. Not sure if you need more posts to do that, but expect sellers to ask for a gifted payment on your end since you have no reputation.

Thanks again, I understand it's a little brash to come in and rally a GB with such a small post count. I'm new to the interest but learning fast and hungry for keysets I've seen posted about. I'll be sure to create a WTB thread once I hit the magic 60. Until then I'm sure there will be group buys coming up I'll join in on and build a little reputation. 7bits custom legend as you say could be a good draw for new interest. I'm confident sooner or later I'll acquire the RoW goodness. :)

J. 
-MODZERO-

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #915 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:36:27 »

There are probably 1000+ white and red sets floating around in the wild by now ... your best course of action is to post a WTB (want-to-buy) thread in the classifieds when you reach 60 posts.  I think the userbase is pretty much done with Red Alert knock-off group buys.

Agreed, it was definitely a surprise to see this request. Not saying it isn't possible, but the market needs a break for enough new people like yourself to come along wanting one... this soon after you're going to have a much easier time finding a set than generating enough interest for a group buy. I don't even like doing them for less than 100 orders since it doesn't save everyone enough money.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #916 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 19:50:17 »
If we can find someone to do the GB, could they start an IC now?

Maybe drum up some interest for later on.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Ragnorock

• * Maker
  • Group Buy Guy
« Reply #917 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:20:20 »
Interest check with no interest right away hoping to drum up interest later => no interest => failed group buy.

I started up one for some super legit PBT sets knowing it would take a very long time to drum up enough interest for them... they got almost none because I didn't have a set schedule.

There will probably be room to do another run come Spring/Summer '14. Till then, there's plenty of sets floating around out there, enough that they aren't even commanding a big margin.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #918 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:25:11 »
Interest check with no interest right away hoping to drum up interest later => no interest => failed group buy.

I started up one for some super legit PBT sets knowing it would take a very long time to drum up enough interest for them... they got almost none because I didn't have a set schedule.

There will probably be room to do another run come Spring/Summer '14. Till then, there's plenty of sets floating around out there, enough that they aren't even commanding a big margin.

Good point.

Depends how desperately HackJoe wants them, I guess :)

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #919 on: Mon, 07 October 2013, 20:42:21 »

Good point.

Depends how desperately HackJoe wants them, I guess :)

Yeah it seems like RA sets are selling every couple of weeks or so, I thought I'd never get a set but lo and behold I've got a set on my Filco right now :)
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED