Author Topic: [IC] KAT Oasis - GB January 31st  (Read 134422 times)

Offline DMacKB

Re: [IC] GMK Oasis (Previously Blue Paradise)
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 06:55:28 »
Coffee renders incoming? :D

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #51 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 07:04:52 »
Coffee renders incoming? :D

Yes :-D renders incoming Soon ™ (all jokes aside, as soon as I get said renders I will post it hehe, hopefully today or tomorrow)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:11:32 »
There you go guys!

« Last Edit: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:13:32 by JSaintS »

Offline monkt

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 09:47:02 »
There you go guys!

Show Image

Oh. That is really nice. Classy. And a totally different vibe from the blue mods, which I also love. I can't usually justify getting all variations on a set, because...well, because money. This one will be a serious test, though. I may need everything. EVERYTHING.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 16:01:53 »
Love the coffee! I would even be “that guy” and say I prefer a complete coffee base with Oasis mods instead of the way it’s now :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline frostbyte-gaming

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 16:05:27 »
Much prefer the coffee mods would much prefer this being a coffee inspired set.

Offline monkt

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 18:11:17 »
To me this is GMK Oasis. Not GMK Coffee, or Mocha, or Hot Chocolate, or Mocho Cocoa, or whatever. Someone can create those if they want. And I might even buy them. But I think the original idea for this is more unique. I dig that tropical blue and sand, yet understated vibe. It's soothing, and it's bright in a way that isn't obnoxious. It makes me happy. And so I want to support the creator's inspiration for this set, and to be grateful that in addition to that I can also get the brown mods as a nice add-on. Best of both worlds.

Offline Shados

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 19:55:34 »
Nice. Definitely interested. I'm assuming the Rama caps are going direct to you from the manu? Because otherwise I'd rather just pick them up from him in person and avoid the shipping cost...

Offline darkslay3r

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 21:23:52 »
would join for coffee modifier !
Viper V2 | TGR 910 CE | TGR 910 Poly R1 | RF 55g

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #59 on: Sun, 06 May 2018, 22:25:56 »
oh man, i want the coffee. 

Offline Chromatrope

• Tortures arrows, murders Lshift, doesn't press X
« Reply #60 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 01:15:35 »
Might snatch Kobe alphas just to combine them with other mods.
I dance significantly better through bullet patterns than the alphanumerics. Known to cause heart failure in touch typists on sight.

Offline shower_king

• Pain is weakness leaving your body
« Reply #61 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 05:43:18 »
The coffee modifier is more consistent with the alpha's color than the blue modifer

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #62 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 05:54:46 »
Thanks a lot for all your messages and feedback, I'll go through them in detail in a bit when I'm done with work, but I wanted to say that I had an idea when developing the keyset, and as much as the coffee kit is popular and as good as it looks, I want to stick to my idea. The main kit will this keep the blue modifiers keys and the coffee kit will be sold apart.

I hope you guys understand and you will still support the keyset when it comes out :-)

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #63 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 06:22:53 »
Yeah I wouldn't expect you to totally change your vision!

It's your set!
I'm just glad the brown mods have been added as an extra :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 13:38:33 »
The coffee modifier is more consistent with the alpha's color than the blue modifer
So sorry you don't like the blue modifiers as much as I do, I hope you'll join despite that :)

Nice. Definitely interested. I'm assuming the Rama caps are going direct to you from the manu? Because otherwise I'd rather just pick them up from him in person and avoid the shipping cost...
I'd have to see that with Rama as I got told that I had to add the X USD for the caps to ship to me for distribution.

oh man, i want the coffee. 
Thanks for the support!

would join for coffee modifier !
Sexy, ain't it? Thanks for the support!

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your support!

---

Much prefer the coffee mods would much prefer this being a coffee inspired set.

Yeah I wouldn't expect you to totally change your vision!

It's your set!
I'm just glad the brown mods have been added as an extra :)

To me this is GMK Oasis. Not GMK Coffee, or Mocha, or Hot Chocolate, or Mocho Cocoa, or whatever. Someone can create those if they want. And I might even buy them. But I think the original idea for this is more unique. I dig that tropical blue and sand, yet understated vibe. It's soothing, and it's bright in a way that isn't obnoxious. It makes me happy. And so I want to support the creator's inspiration for this set, and to be grateful that in addition to that I can also get the brown mods as a nice add-on. Best of both worlds.

I wanted to end this section with this, I know you guys like the coffee modifiers kit and this is exactly why I am making one, I loved the brown I used and I have to admit the coffee kit looks dope, I do plan on using it on a wooden case from time to time, but I had an idea when developing the set, one that might not be as appealing as the GMK Laser backstory, but one I like nonetheless. I hope you guys understand and you will still support the set :)

Might snatch Kobe alphas just to combine them with other mods.
If you're interested, and like that everyone knows, I asked form a Hangul sublegend alpha set ala Burgundy. A lot of people requested one when I first posted the IC on reddit, but I wasn't sure. The idea started to grow on me (reminded me when I played SC2) and I'm waiting for a reply on how feasible those are but it shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks for your support guys! Will come back to you as soon I hear back from GMK for the different kits (International and Hangul)

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #65 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 15:58:23 »
Thanks a lot for all your messages and feedback, I'll go through them in detail in a bit when I'm done with work, but I wanted to say that I had an idea when developing the keyset, and as much as the coffee kit is popular and as good as it looks, I want to stick to my idea. The main kit will this keep the blue modifiers keys and the coffee kit will be sold apart.

I hope you guys understand and you will still support the keyset when it comes out :-)

Hey!

I completely respect your decision to keep it going as GMK Oasis but I do have a suggestion.

Please include the coffee arrows and enter keys in the coffee kit. That way people who are interested can just buy the coffee kit or the coffee + kobe kit without having to also buy the base.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 16:09:05 »
Hey!

I completely respect your decision to keep it going as GMK Oasis but I do have a suggestion.

Please include the coffee arrows and enter keys in the coffee kit. That way people who are interested can just buy the coffee kit or the coffee + kobe kit without having to also buy the base.

The problem then is that I either have to include said keys in the coffee kit by removing them from the base kit, which I don't really like, or I leave the core as is and add said keys to the coffee anyway, people buying both kits would then find themselves with twice the keys. I'll give it some thoughts nonetheless

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #67 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 16:10:46 »
Hey!

The problem then is that I either have to include said keys in the coffee kit by removing them from the base kit, which I don't really like, or I leave the core as is and add said keys to the coffee anyway, people buying both kits would then find themselves with twice the keys. I'll give it some thoughts nonetheless

I'd appreciate if you would :)

In the end, it's your project. See to it how you believe is best. Thanks!

Offline KeLorean

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 22:20:36 »
damn!!!!those alphas with the coffee mods. im interested. no question. maybe for a few sets here. very nice! im excited for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Click it OR Ticket!

Offline long_qt_pie

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 07 May 2018, 22:48:49 »
there's something about the colors on the original mod colors + the rama keys thats just beautiful, dont know why but it just melds so well.  really looking forward to this set
Jetfire | Mech 27 v1 | Mira SE | Singa | Orion 2.5 | Eo87 | Lubrigante | MGA | IBM F XT | AEKII | Lightpad | Exent | Dolphin Rev 2 | F1-8x | Mr Suit

Offline bthezebra

« Reply #70 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 10:22:54 »
Need muh coffee

Offline RSC

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 08 May 2018, 14:36:04 »
(...)
If you're interested, and like that everyone knows, I asked form a Hangul sublegend alpha set ala Burgundy. A lot of people requested one when I first posted the IC on reddit, but I wasn't sure. The idea started to grow on me (reminded me when I played SC2) and I'm waiting for a reply on how feasible those are but it shouldn't be any problem.

Thanks for your support guys! Will come back to you as soon I hear back from GMK for the different kits (International and Hangul)

With this beautiful colourway, if you offer Hangul legends, I'm in for sure.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 09 May 2018, 14:34:39 »
Alright guys! We're making progress :D I have to figure out everything with the vendors, but I'm aiming at opening the GB around the first of June.

I'll have a price update as well as MOQ for all kits at the beginning of next one (GMK is taking a looooong weekend). I should have pictures of the Artkey artisan by then as well.

Thanks all for your support and your feedback!

<3

Offline allancuttingedge

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 04:40:31 »
I'm coming for the alpha with coffee mod, when will the GB start?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #74 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 04:47:12 »
I'm coming for the alpha with coffee mod, when will the GB start?

Should be around June 1st :)

Offline NoChance

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 10 May 2018, 21:50:31 »
Looks fantastic. 1965 vibes

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
Re: [IC] GMK Oasis
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 13:45:37 »
Hey guys!

Quick update since I'm still waiting on the final prices and the international and Hangul kit (everything found here has also been included in the OP):

1/ the Core Kit's design is done, it shouldn't really move anymore except if I made a mistake or something like that.

2/ The Ergo & Plank Kit, now with more legends than ever before

3/ I'm still waiting on the Artisans to send me pictures or the products. The raijis were recasted as they were missing "a little something" according to Artkey. I did not get to see the V1 but I trust the V2 will be beautiful :D

4/ Samples for the deskmat have been ordered, I hope they'll be ready soon so we can sell them along the keyset, otherwise they will be sold after (either way, I hope you'll like the result though).

Last but not least, here is a render of the set on a modern M0110 in beige cerakote by Janglad

I hope you have a good one guys!

Offline RSC

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 13:55:01 »
Just one thing missing (if Hangul set comes through)... R1 1u backspace...

Offline Hokabuki

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 14 May 2018, 18:00:01 »
Just one thing missing (if Hangul set comes through)... R1 1u backspace...
I second this!

Offline jeremyhrvtn

• keebs cases keysets switches mice trackballs
« Reply #79 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 11:37:27 »
I have been waiting for this set to be made! Specifically for the coffee mods!

1. Is there a price for the coffee kit yet?
2. Is there any way to make the coffee kit a secondary base set as well as a mod child kit?

It looks like a bank-buster if people like me want it specifically for the coffee kit :'D

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #80 on: Wed, 16 May 2018, 12:03:21 »
I have been waiting for this set to be made! Specifically for the coffee mods!

1. Is there a price for the coffee kit yet?
2. Is there any way to make the coffee kit a secondary base set as well as a mod child kit?

It looks like a bank-buster if people like me want it specifically for the coffee kit :'D

I'm still waiting on the quotes from gmk for the kits that weren't in the original IC (spacebar, ergo/plank, etc), I was supposed to have them by the begining of the week but I have yet to get them.

As for the coffee kit, trust me, I would like to offer you guys a coffee bundle with alphas and mods, but if I have to run both in the same sale, and because those are custom colors, I would need to sell 250 core kits for each which might prove to be difficult considering the large amount of (GMK) sets being released recently.

I will try to get the prices soon and get them as low as possible :)

Offline realhumanbean2

« Reply #81 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 16:42:54 »
Will the Kobe kit include brown keys to match the Coffee kit?

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 16:48:33 »

Unfortunately, I don't think it will. I am thinking of removing the blue keys from the kit as well so it is purely an alpha kit.

I finally got the final GMK prices for almost all the kits (I am starting to think they don't want to produce an international kit at all since no matter how many times I ask for an update, they dodge the question; and the hangul kit is ... well... as dead as the international kit). I am now waiting on the sellers prices and we should be good to go. Most of the kits are in their final form now (I have to admit I didn't work a lot on the kobe kit because it didn't seem that popular in the first place).

I hope to have an update for you guys after the long weekend.

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 17:53:14 »
the first time I saw this set I was not convinced.

Today I am convinced to take all the kits from the set.

KMK Labs

Offline RSC

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 19 May 2018, 18:21:00 »

Unfortunately, I don't think it will. I am thinking of removing the blue keys from the kit as well so it is purely an alpha kit.

I finally got the final GMK prices for almost all the kits (I am starting to think they don't want to produce an international kit at all since no matter how many times I ask for an update, they dodge the question; and the hangul kit is ... well... as dead as the international kit). I am now waiting on the sellers prices and we should be good to go. Most of the kits are in their final form now (I have to admit I didn't work a lot on the kobe kit because it didn't seem that popular in the first place).

Why..? They did it for GMK Burgundy...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 02:57:50 »
the first time I saw this set I was not convinced.

Today I am convinced to take all the kits from the set.

KMK Labs

Thanks a lot for your support <3

Why..? They did it for GMK Burgundy...

I know, right? I keep asking about the kits, and they keep dodging it. When I first asked about it, the person I was in touch with told me he would have to check with the team in charge of that, but that there shouldn't be any problem. I'll keep pushing for that kit as it seems to be quite popular and has been asked a fair amount of time and I'll keep you guys updated!

Offline tanvir175

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:15:22 »
I know, right? I keep asking about the kits, and they keep dodging it. When I first asked about it, the person I was in touch with told me he would have to check with the team in charge of that, but that there shouldn't be any problem. I'll keep pushing for that kit as it seems to be quite popular and has been asked a fair amount of time and I'll keep you guys updated!

Hangul kit is actually struggling quite a bit on GMK Burgundy. And, technically since they're paying for the molds, you should be asking cocobrais. I think that's how it works, at least.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 03:18:41 »

Hangul kit is actually struggling quite a bit on GMK Burgundy. And, technically since they're paying for the molds, you should be asking cocobrais. I think that's how it works, at least.

Is cocobrais paying for the mold? I didn't know that, always thought it was GMK, specially since when I brought it up, I got told that it had to be asked to the team in charge of that. I still have at least two weeks to go before any GB happens so I will figure everything out and will PM cocobrais as well :-)

Offline Bubblegum

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 20 May 2018, 05:17:31 »
1.25u left shift seem to be missing from the Coffee kit. Same goes for ISO Enter, but that's included in the Base kit, so that makes sense :)

NorDe/International is not gonna happen? May only go for the Coffee modifiers if that ends up being the case. Shame! Keep up the good work.

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #89 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:07:47 »
In five minutes, if I figure out how to do it, a poll with be up in the OP with a simple question, would you guys rather see a GMK Oasis set or a GMK Coffee set.

I know what I've said in the past, and as much as I want to stick to my original idea, I have to face it, there are a **** ton of GMK keysets being released right now, and even the hyped ones tend to sell poorly, or, let's say worse than originally expected. I am then left with a choice, I either run GMK Oasis as I imagined it, or I run it as GMK Coffee and I add a blue add on kit as an extra.

Here is where you guys come in, please answer the poll and let's decide together what this kit will become.

<3

Poll link: here just in case :D
« Last Edit: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:25:45 by JSaintS »

Offline elfick

• Can I get Colemak and a side of fries with that?
« Reply #90 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 10:50:41 »
In five minutes, if I figure out how to do it, a poll with be up in the OP with a simple question, would you guys rather see a GMK Oasis set or a GMK Coffee set.

I know what I've said in the past, and as much as I want to stick to my original idea, I have to face it, there are a **** ton of GMK keysets being released right now, and even the hyped ones tend to sell poorly, or, let's say worse than originally expected. I am then left with a choice, I either run GMK Oasis as I imagined it, or I run it as GMK Coffee and I add a blue add on kit as an extra.

Here is where you guys come in, please answer the poll and let's decide together what this kit will become.

<3

Whichever way you go, I think you need to change the name from "Coffee" to "Latte"... there's far too much cream to be coffee! :D

Offline LeoShi

« Reply #91 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 12:16:54 »
To me, I want coffee set much more

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #92 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 13:47:40 »

<3

it's nice to involve the community in this way  :thumb:

<3

Whichever way you go, I think you need to change the name from "Coffee" to "Latte"... there's far too much cream to be coffee! :D

Cappuccino  :p

KMK Labs.

Offline RSC

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 15:52:11 »

<3

You know what they say: those who stand for nothing, fall for anything. Stick to your original idea, it's a beautiful colour combo and it's actually something new...

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 16:13:55 »
You know what they say: those who stand for nothing, fall for anything. Stick to your original idea, it's a beautiful colour combo and it's actually something new...

I was expecting the coffee kit to win by a larger margin (4 votes at the time of writing). If this trend keeps going I will probably keep the kits as they are, I really enjoy that color combo as well.

But thanks for your support
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 06:54:50 by JSaintS »

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:19:06 »

I was expecting the coffee kit to win my a larger margin (4 votes at the time of writing). If this trend keeps going I will probably keep the kits as they are, I really enjoy that color combo as well.

But thanks for your support

So there will be GMK Oasis with the Coffee add on?  That sounds good to me :)

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:22:45 »
N/A
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 May 2018, 06:55:14 by JSaintS »

Offline monkt

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 21 May 2018, 17:56:59 »

<3

I couldn't agree more. The blue and sand is special.

Offline vewy_nice

« Reply #98 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 06:44:05 »
I have no problem dropping the extra dough on a coffee add-on kit ;)

And that'd give me a set of uniquely colored light blue mods to mix and match with other sets!

Offline JSaintS

• Formerly eNrageDSainT
    • JSaintS
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 22 May 2018, 07:02:00 »
I have no problem dropping the extra dough on a coffee add-on kit ;)

And that'd give me a set of uniquely colored light blue mods to mix and match with other sets!

I couldn't agree more. The blue and sand is special.

Thank you guys for your support! As it stands right now 49% of the votes on the StrawPoll are for Oasis against 51% for Coffee and it's a 53/47 in favor of Oasis on IG. I'll leave it up three more hours (more or less) and take a decision by then, but I'm pretty sure I'll go ahead and launch GMK Oasis (with a coffee kit) on June 1st.

I finally got the Artkey pictures for the Raiji that will be raffled to people joining the GB. I hope you guys like it as much as I do: