Author Topic: Anyone know how to contact someone at Originitiveco?  (Read 3884 times)

Offline AFKfapping

Anyone know how to contact someone at Originitiveco?
« on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:02:07 »
I know that Originitiveco isnt really liked around here, and in hindsight i now see why. A few months ago i ordered a set from their site and there has been absolutly 0 word back from them on its status. The website was closed for months and i have tried every method of contact as well as just spam calling them throughout the entire day all wee to no avail... :(.............. at this point i feel like my money is just getting stolen and i will never recieve my set. Dowes anyone know anyone at this company? I would very very very much like to cancel my set;
Any info can help thanks  :thumb:

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
Re: Anyone know how to contact someone at Originitiveco?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:03:33 »
Best way of contacting them is to contact your bank and do a chargeback.  If it's too late for that, sit in the middle of the room and talk to yourself or pray.  Both have just as much of a chance of a response back as an e-mail to Sherry.

Offline AFKfapping

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:06:36 »
Best way of contacting them is to contact your bank and do a chargeback.  If it's too late for that, sit in the middle of the room and talk to yourself or pray.  Both have just as much of a chance of a response back as an e-mail to Sherry.

God now that's just disappointing to hear, how long do i have to charge back? This guy should not be running a site is there any way to report them for phishing?

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:07:48 »
Depends on your bank and card company.

He has a history of disappearing and not shipping for a long ass time.  There are threads upon threads hearing telling people to avoid him like the plague.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:07:57 »
Depends on your bank but I'm pretty sure you have 3 months for a charge-back.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline AFKfapping

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 25 March 2015, 22:11:01 »
Ok if i don't get my money back i am going to try and report him directly for phishing because stealing from a community like this one is just plain wrong :/

Offline Polymer

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 09:20:58 »
Unfortunately people didn't learn the first time it happened...

Oddly, this community has been ripped off from its senior members more than any other enthusiasts community I can think of...Seems like right before they're ready to quit, one big bogus GB - Gone.  Might not be exactly like that..but sure feels like it...

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 10:54:48 »

Oddly, this community has been ripped off from its senior members more than any other enthusiasts community I can think of...Seems like right before they're ready to quit, one big bogus GB - Gone.  Might not be exactly like that..but sure feels like it...

I don't think that is a fair statement.  Speaking as a long time geekhacker, I have participated (and lead) dozens of GBs - Granted they don't always go smooth, some are poorly managed and take an enormous amount of time, but of all the ones I have participated in, I have gotten what I was promised.  Making sure you buy from a member with a track record is a good rule of thumb.

Sherry (of Originitiveco) is not a senior member.  His sub was taken down since he was not a reliable vendor.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 20:14:12 »

How many times in the last 4 years?  I only know of once. Who are all these you are talking about?

Sherry was NOT a "senior" member and afaik never a respected one.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 31 March 2015, 20:28:17 »
Ok if i don't get my money back i am going to try and report him directly for phishing
This is not “phishing”. It may terrible business, it may be breach of contract, or it may even be fraud (I’m not a lawyer, but I think proving a fraud case in court might have a higher bar than the evidence supports here), but phishing means stealing someone’s identifying information by asking for it under false pretenses.

However, for sellers in the US, the FTC has a rule about this, the Mail, Internet, or Telephone Order Merchandise Rule.
https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/mail-internet-or-telephone-order
https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/business-guide-ftcs-mail-internet-or-telephone-order

Basically, merchants have to ship within the amount of time they advertise, or if no timeline in specified, within 30 days.

No idea what you can do for international merchants. Probably not much, beyond asking your credit card company for help.
« Last Edit: Tue, 31 March 2015, 20:30:29 by jacobolus »

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 21:21:33 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:32:55 by alienman82 »

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 11:39:36 »

This is total nonsense polymer.

Just because someone has been around for a long time doesn't mean he has a good rep or is treated as credible by everyone else. It is the noobs who don't read the warnings about Originative that get screwed. In any case they long since removed his vendor account.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 12:19:25 »

This is total nonsense polymer.

Just because someone has been around for a long time doesn't mean he has a good rep or is treated as credible by everyone else. It is the noobs who don't read the warnings about Originative that get screwed. In any case they long since removed his vendor account.

Yeah, but people still give sherry money. It's usually people who don't know better.

:rolleyes:
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Baron Von Clop

« Reply #13 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:09:12 »
How strange to hear Originative is so disliked! Just ordered from them without knowing their reputation and had a perfect time. Full set of Royal Purple keycaps (couldn't find them anywhere else). Was literally packaged within 13 minutes of me ordering (proof) and arrived a day early (today instead of tomorrow).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #14 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:10:20 »
How strange to hear Originative is so disliked! Just ordered from them without knowing their reputation and had a perfect time. Full set of Royal Purple keycaps (couldn't find them anywhere else). Was literally packaged within 13 minutes of me ordering (proof) and arrived a day early (today instead of tomorrow).

Maybe the tide is turning. Hopefully originative respond and can get this sorted out. I would love a Cyrillic set  :-X
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:10:49 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:31:37 by alienman82 »

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:13:56 »

Maybe the tide is turning. Hopefully originative respond and can get this sorted out. I would love a Cyrillic set  :-X
**** em. They've proven time and time again that they don't give a **** about their clientele, I'm not giving them any more of my money.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #17 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:14:39 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 17:31:36 by alienman82 »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #18 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 23:28:12 »

**** em. They've proven time and time again that they don't give a **** about their clientele, I'm not giving them any more of my money.

Fair enough.

[WTB] Cyrillic set
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline LennyRhys

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 04:33:13 »
I sent them an email about a week ago and still haven't heard back.  I'm sure if they really cared about potential customers they'd be a little more prompt in responding to sales related queries.