Author Topic: [Suggestion] Let vendor post their groupbuy in groupbuy sub forum  (Read 2224 times)

Offline jonathanyu

I believe is not only me, I think many people here have missed vendor's group buy because their post is under their own sub forum but not under group buy sub forum.
I think if those group buys are under group buy section instead of vendor forum, those group buy can get more interested and more people can get into the group buy. 
Or is their any reason why vendor must keep their group buy in their vendor forum?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [Suggestion] Let vendor post their groupbuy in groupbuy sub forum
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 25 August 2014, 21:42:45 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

^^ There is a compilation thread of all group buys, all people have to do is post there and ask they be included in that sticky thread.

Also the problem I have with some vendors is their group buys aren't really group buys just us helping them subsidize product for their online stores.

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 26 August 2014, 14:24:35 »
the mods and admins are reevaluating this as the ways and means of sale have evolved. the upshot is that we want to separate the latter situation from truly community-led group buys with at a finer grained level. the point of this rule was _not_ to squash truly community-led buys. to be clear, we don't want to do that. however, we started with a very gross rule to avoid exploitation.

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline divito

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 28 August 2014, 01:12:54 »
Why not add a tiny modifier, like [V-GB] for vendors? Vendor forums can simply have "closed" threads pointing to their V-GBs in the group buy section.
Varmilo (MX Grey) KeyCool 87 (MX Clear) Quickfire Stealth (MX Green)

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 29 August 2014, 19:13:07 »
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57761.0

^^ There is a compilation thread of all group buys, all people have to do is post there and ask they be included in that sticky thread.

Also the problem I have with some vendors is their group buys aren't really group buys just us helping them subsidize product for their online stores.

the mods and admins are reevaluating this as the ways and means of sale have evolved. the upshot is that we want to separate the latter situation from truly community-led group buys with at a finer grained level. the point of this rule was _not_ to squash truly community-led buys. to be clear, we don't want to do that. however, we started with a very gross rule to avoid exploitation.

Thanks for the clarification, that sounds fair enough