Author Topic: Tapatalk Bug: PMs to admin appear in feed  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Belfong

Tapatalk Bug: PMs to admin appear in feed
« on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 08:44:28 »
I don't know how true is this. Just be aware:
https://support.tapatalk.com/index.php?threads/Users-are-able-to-read-PMs-in-their-feed-from-others%21.26139/

Pretty serious bug if it is.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Tapatalk Bug: PMs to admin appear in feed
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 14 September 2014, 08:59:38 »
Damn that's a nasty bug. :'(

I've requested the admins to look into this.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 15 September 2014, 12:18:19 »
Is it an issues with Tapatalk and the reporting users forum software, in this case vbulletin 3.8.7? We don't run vbulletin anymore so this might not affect us, can anyone verify this happening on Geekhack?

It may already be resolved anyway:
Folks - we have identified the issue about some app users sending a preview of someone else notification (though he can't open the message). It is related to app upgrade issue to a very small number of users and today we have cleaned it up and it shouldn't happen anymore. We apologize for this issue that appear to certain users.For the image issue, we also found the root cause and addressed it.
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 September 2014, 12:20:44 by jwaz »

Offline paicrai

• Actually a Jane Austen novel
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • mindblank
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 16 September 2014, 11:36:27 »
Is it an issues with Tapatalk and the reporting users forum software, in this case vbulletin 3.8.7? We don't run vbulletin anymore so this might not affect us, can anyone verify this happening on Geekhack?

It may already be resolved anyway:
Folks - we have identified the issue about some app users sending a preview of someone else notification (though he can't open the message). It is related to app upgrade issue to a very small number of users and today we have cleaned it up and it shouldn't happen anymore. We apologize for this issue that appear to certain users.For the image issue, we also found the root cause and addressed it.
so far i've got nothing in my tapatalk, i don't know about others
THE FEMINIST ILLUMINATI

I will literally **** you raw paicrai, I hope you're legal by the time I meet you.
👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good **** go౦ԁ ****👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌**** right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯  i say so 💯  thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good ****