Author Topic: Back to 60% but I need a new board to drop into my case. Which one should I get?  (Read 1078 times)

Offline Xaviz

I stopped using my 60% quite some time ago as I needed a bigger keyboard for gaming. I've however decided to go back to 60% as I only play FPS nowadays and as I don't want to use my old Poker II PCB with blue switches I could use some recommendations for a replacement!

If I could make a list of priorities that I wish for it to have, it would go something like this:

1. Linear mx silver or similar switches. Something ''better'' than standard mx reds. I also don't wish to use o-rings. I've seen box switches and gateron switches that look interesting, but I have no experience with switches outside topre/cherry mx. I just need them to be linear with low travel as that's my preferred style for gaming.

2. Software! While I can do with everything being on the keyboard, it gets extremely tedious for a pleb like myself to remember the billions of combinations, so if there was some software that accompanied the keyboard that would be ideal.

3. Fully assembled or modular switches so I don't have to solder and actually put effort into making it myself.  ;D

4. Easy to purchase as a EU pleb & need ANSI layout.

5. RGB... or not. Whatever.

I'm currently looking at ducky one 2 mini with silver switches, but I doubt it has any software and it doesn't come in stock before april over here. Also saw WASD have some 60% and GMMK compact is coming out. No idea which would make sense, so thanks in advance for any help!