Author Topic: [IC] GMK Olivia++  (Read 145490 times)

Offline mrkantz

Re: [IC] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:19:10 »
Double posting while trying to be edgey, egg on my face
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:20:51 by mrkantz »

Offline Lumenoctis

« Reply #151 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:38:28 »
This is the first thing I wanted to buy on Geekhack and I hope it comes true! Question: Is Olivia++ the same color as the previous ones and the '++' just indicates this is the third round or have they been revised?

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #152 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:40:11 »
This is the first thing I wanted to buy on Geekhack and I hope it comes true! Question: Is Olivia++ the same color as the previous ones and the '++' just indicates this is the third round or have they been revised?

++ is a programming short version of olivia = olivia + 1 so it’s incrementing by 1. This will be round 2!

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #153 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:43:21 »
Oh it's 101% coming.
It's the second round.
Same set as before but also more (hence the ++), like this new all-dark kit.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:45:51 by nguyenhimself »

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #154 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 21:51:59 »
OP (@olivia), this thread currently provides no useful information and is not soliciting feedback on the design of the set (the whole purpose of an IC post).  This is just an ad tease, with puzzles to increase engagement.  Please update the OP with some relevant information and/or engage with the community in response to their feedback for the set.

Like she even gives a damn.  This stupid set is going to sell 1K plus units and it won't matter whatever feedback she takes.

(Like getting rid of van support because she caved to "not supporting Evan" from the other person helping her out....)

Hedgey, no need to be rude mate. Do you actually speak to people like this when you're not behind a keyboard?

This is one of the laziest attempts at an IC I’ve ever seen.  It’s very clear that this is going to be a popular set, but why not actually do the IC when you have renders, info, etc...Instead she’s using this as a marketing or teaser, and a very poor one at that.

Also, she’s removed compatibility that was in R1 because she’s partnered up with someone who is STILL partaking in one of the most dumb boycotts in this hobby.  Why remove an entire group of users from your potential pool of buyers?  It’s asinine how this has lingered, and people need to get a beer together or hug it out or whatever. 

Finally, yeah bro, I’m in sales so I have no problem speaking my mind.  It’s amazing how many people ****foot around each other on the internet and are afraid of telling others the truth.
Bro, how long have you been around? This community is just a designer circle jerk where well known designers are deities that can do no wrong. Fall in line, drone

Offline Vigrith

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 22:38:38 »
148 comments without a single render. That sounds like it's being marketed alright to me. Marketing is not as one-dimensional as you make it out to be. Then again, what would you know - you're in sales.

The set is obviously incredible popular and people know what round 2 is gonna look (just about) like; has very little to do with marketing per se, it's just what it is.

Offline Hedgey

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 22:42:29 »
Bro, how long have you been around? This community is just a designer circle jerk where well known designers are deities that can do no wrong. Fall in line, drone

:)) :)) ;)
"Resellers don't kill the community, auctioneers kill the community. Look at what happened to Diablo 3"

Offline olivia

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 22:52:42 »
Will buy 100%

But please don't make this a remix of Olivia, we want the same colors please!

New desk-mats are welcome though.

Thank you

They will be the same colors, and there will be desk mats!

Not that I want to be that guy (who am I kidding here?), but... what will the kit's coverage be? Same as before? Will some omissions be not ommited anymore? Will anything be taken off?

The kits will be very different from the original GB to support the 2 different color modes.

Do you even dare to hope for a NorDEUK kit?

There will not be a NorDEUK kit, only UK ISO.

OP (@olivia), this thread currently provides no useful information and is not soliciting feedback on the design of the set (the whole purpose of an IC post).  This is just an ad tease, with puzzles to increase engagement.  Please update the OP with some relevant information and/or engage with the community in response to their feedback for the set.

Thank you for the advisory HoffmanMyster, I updated the OP with more information.

I hope this is going to have the improved legends (like 9009 R3), probably going to buy multiple sets anyway though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am using text mods, so there won't be the adjusted icon legends.

Colvrak?

I know you said no before, but, Colemak would be really ****ing nice.

Thank you for the great feedback guys! My good friend JohnWest recently posted something, if you have some time, give it a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/user-695656261/agloawhp
Solve fast get gifts? Colevrak?

Please include colevrak. You know this kit has hype behind it. I have faith a colevrak kit would hit MOQ with the hype. Even if it doesn't, the base kits + other kits sold to colevrak users would certainly cover it, right?

ne r3 1.25 enter avail?

also vim kit pls

R5 Bottom row option please <2

Apologies, there will be no Colverak, Colemak, R3 1.25 Enter or R5 kit <2

Offline edasaur

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 23:27:39 »

++ is a programming short version of olivia = olivia + 1 so it’s incrementing by 1. This will be round 2!

Should've been ++Olivia 😉😉

Offline AT

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 23:32:06 »
I am a manly man and i want this on my keyboard , thank you for your understanding  :)) .

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #160 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 11:29:11 »
Cleaned this thread up.

If it isn't feedback on the set, don't post it.

Let's stop with personal attacks and derailing.

Offline radam

« Reply #161 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 08:19:39 »

So, now that olivia = R2, running olivia++ again after this round would technically be R3?

Offline PocketAces

[IC] GMK Olivia++
« Reply #162 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 08:39:02 »
I’m excited to see what the deskmats look like. I’m wondering if you would give buyers of the sets access to high-res deskmat artwork to also set as a desktop wallpaper. Or, maybe a similar but varied design from the deskmat, just to keep things interesting. I’ve always enjoyed “completing the look” with every set.

Also, hoping for a 1.75u shift.

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #163 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 08:42:25 »
Really looking forward to the deskmat, hopefully something cute and minimal like the last.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline cijanzen

« Reply #164 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 09:11:43 »

So, now that olivia = R2, running olivia++ again after this round would technically be R3?

Haha I suppose it would be, yeah you got the idea.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 11:36:24 »
Cleaned this thread up.

If it isn't feedback on the set, don't post it.

Let's stop with personal attacks and derailing.

Think you missed some :))

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 23:04:55 »
YES Olivia the queen

Offline killermax

« Reply #167 on: Sun, 20 October 2019, 23:38:29 »
I've been waiting for this for so looooong. Finally its here!!

Offline Myk!

« Reply #168 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 22:48:13 »
What is the base kit color? Is it dark? The light alphas will be sold as kit?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #169 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:30:25 »
What is the base kit color? Is it dark? The light alphas will be sold as kit?

believe white alphas but i'm kind of out of the loop on specifics for this GB as of late

that was correct last i heard, though
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #170 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 23:37:53 »
I hope the default set will be the black kit. Though to be honest, I just want the mods so I can combine it with Kuro Shiro.

Offline architones

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:49:05 »
I hope the default set will be the black kit. Though to be honest, I just want the mods so I can combine it with Kuro Shiro.

Just a head's up, but if you plan on mixing ePBT with GMK, ePBT keycaps sit slightly higher (i.e. taller) than GMK keycaps. Hopefully that doesn't bother you too much.

Offline NimbleTortoise

« Reply #172 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 05:45:04 »

Just a head's up, but if you plan on mixing ePBT with GMK, ePBT keycaps sit slightly higher (i.e. taller) than GMK keycaps. Hopefully that doesn't bother you too much.

Thanks for letting me know. I've heard people say they mstch so I assumed they'd sit at same height. But it probably wouldn't bother me if it were just alphas vs mods.

Offline Lumenoctis

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:19:02 »

I'm in Intermediate Java and I still didn't know... Sigh... But thank you for clarifying!

Offline Lumenoctis

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 04:19:48 »
Oh it's 101% coming.
It's the second round.
Same set as before but also more (hence the ++), like this new all-dark kit.
Thank you for the clarification!

Offline KebinPls

• OK
    • Insta
« Reply #175 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 11:31:55 »
So excited. That dark alternative is so tempting, but I should probably just go for the OG colorway

Offline Deadboy

• I have a bad feeling about this.
    • KN1GHT
« Reply #176 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 11:47:55 »
Holy molly!  :llama:

Offline Callmebob

« Reply #177 on: Sun, 27 October 2019, 14:01:37 »
Yes! Let's go!
Just another Bob in the galaxi!

Offline brln

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 29 October 2019, 13:41:13 »
price me up

Offline namvu257

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 14:07:03 »
Dang, I have been waiting for this to happen

Offline shansoft

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 16:18:28 »

Next would probably called Olivia#.....  ^-^

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #181 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 17:38:43 »

Next would probably called Olivia#.....  ^-^

EEEEEEEWWWW.

It should clearly be Olivia+=2.

Offline lamenthe

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 30 October 2019, 23:32:51 »
Yes, yes and yes. Everyone's patience has been rewarded. Can't wait!

Offline Tennstrong

« Reply #183 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 01:24:34 »

I hope this is going to have the improved legends (like 9009 R3), probably going to buy multiple sets anyway though.

Just to say in case you haven't already considered- adjusted icons could still be used for arrow keys (I noticed they were old arrow alignment in the jules render). Might look better with the centered aligned text bottom row, either way I'm happy but I just wanted to bring that to your attention  :)

Set looks great, one of the very select few that I would call "bucket-list" for myself within keyboards as a whole. Unfortunately I couldn't achieve my other grail of camping + novs (r1) this year, but this has more than made up for it! Will be 100% be getting base, dark alphas, and possibly whatever other accent/nov kits are offered... maybe a rama or two as well.... All/almost all of the rest of my keycap budget for the year has been set aside for olivia++ since its announcement, the only other consideration being.. GMK Olive extras! Damn you make beautiful sets haha

Cheers, wishing you the best of luck! (though you probably don't need it heh)

Tenn
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 October 2019, 01:26:59 by Tennstrong »

Offline nguyenhimself

« Reply #184 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 02:12:32 »

Just to say in case you haven't already considered- adjusted icons could still be used for arrow keys (I noticed they were old arrow alignment in the jules render). Might look better with the centered aligned text bottom row, either way I'm happy but I just wanted to bring that to your attention  :)

Set looks great, one of the very select few that I would call "bucket-list" for myself within keyboards as a whole. Unfortunately I couldn't achieve my other grail of camping + novs (r1) this year, but this has more than made up for it! Will be 100% be getting base, dark alphas, and possibly whatever other accent/nov kits are offered... maybe a rama or two as well.... All/almost all of the rest of my keycap budget for the year has been set aside for olivia++ since its announcement, the only other consideration being.. GMK Olive extras! Damn you make beautiful sets haha

Cheers, wishing you the best of luck! (though you probably don't need it heh)

Tenn
I'd like to add that there are those of us who completely disagree with 9009 R3's unnecesaary legend re-alignment & thus are happy that this annoying change has not been picked up (so far) by other keysets.

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
« Reply #185 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 08:00:43 »
I'd like to add that there are those of us who completely disagree with 9009 R3's unnecesaary legend re-alignment & thus are happy that this annoying change has not been picked up (so far) by other keysets.

And you're definitely not alone in that line of thinking (as much as we may disagree in other stuff).

Offline needmorewood

« Reply #186 on: Thu, 31 October 2019, 20:59:27 »
deskhero.ca would be SUPER appreciated if possible.  trying to get all GMK sets through a canadian proxy as a canadian

Offline valkyr1e

« Reply #187 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 10:08:38 »
So Obviously I'm in for the OG set.

Is the design for the deskmat going to be the same as R1? Or will there be a new graphic?

Offline AidenHero

« Reply #188 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 13:19:02 »
Is there a possibility for a Canadian vendor? avoiding the hidden fees is really nice and i think deskhero has been doing a really good job with the sets that have recently ran

Offline hiddensong

• this too shall pass
« Reply #189 on: Fri, 01 November 2019, 13:26:00 »
so soothing....mmmm. An early xmas purchase for mahself!

Offline spoiledmilktea

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 12:45:14 »
Can't wait!! Alternate color looks dope as well <3

Offline bunanapeel

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 13:19:37 »
I'm so excited I've been waiting for this since I got into the hobby right after the end of the first GB!  inb4 this GB happens and I still don't have my xeno :D

Offline DanBe

« Reply #192 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 14:03:39 »
Absolutley beautiful  ;D

Offline tunadesu

« Reply #193 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 15:37:00 »
So when is the useful information coming? :rolleyes:

Offline factoryofidols

« Reply #194 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 16:01:30 »
Less than a month from launch and still no kit info. What a pointless IC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Tonkatonk

« Reply #195 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:43:42 »
Is there a possibility for a Canadian vendor? avoiding the hidden fees is really nice and i think deskhero has been doing a really good job with the sets that have recently ran
"Hidden fees" What an interesting way for you to call your countries customs, duties and import regulations.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Noxary PC268.2 | Red Nunu | Purple PC Nunu | Ogre | Vulcan Pro

Offline kraken_kr

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 20:18:55 »
Olivia, can we get a Canadian proxy please? It is just a bit frustrating that we are paying at least $50 more for import duties if we order from NK...and I am sure some Canadian proxies like deskhero would definitely be willing to take it...I beg you please consider this...Thank you TvT

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #197 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 20:55:50 »
the fact that a bunch of no-post accounts are recommending some random canadian proxy is really not doing me any favors in terms of it not being sketchy
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline megaforce

« Reply #198 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 22:20:13 »
imagine asking for colvrak kit in 2019
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #199 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 22:29:17 »
imagine asking for colvrak kit in 2019

just use blanks or adapt like an adult