Author Topic: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests 3  (Read 120396 times)

Offline whezil

Re: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests
« Reply #300 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 16:23:53 »
This is 1 of my end game boards. It's beautiful...

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #301 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:03:58 »
Hi Grid,

-Any update on a potential blocker?

If not, does the WKL solder version support Mill-Max?

I would much prefer to go with hotswap, but I would really like to know if a blocker will be available.

-The Array module can be used on a Mac to display time and custom messages right? It's just hardware info that is not available?
Is everything configured just via the 2 buttons or installing a software is required? When I google "Catalina Bootloader" I just get some hackintosh related stuff.

Thanks
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 January 2021, 17:33:43 by CookieFlow »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #302 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 23:05:16 »
If I wanted to paint my case should I get the white for better color stick or would black be fine to paint over later as well?
You should be putting on a white primer (you can use a different color primer if you want, like black or gray, but it will alter the color of the top coat significantly) before you paint whatever color you want to put on as the top coat. So it should not matter which color you decide to get. You might also want to sand the keyboard before priming in order to improve adhesion, but we are talking about a keyboard here... it's not like it's going to see the abuse a car or gun would see, so i don't think it really matters.
You can cerakote it yourself fairly easily, except for having to sandblast it down to the bare metal, and that's  not actually difficult or anything, it just requires the purchase of a decent air compressor, which is a couple hundo.
The single best tip i can give you: Get some plastic spoons, and practice whatever paint job you want on some of them. That way, you can test multiple colors, in multiple shades, and multiple top coats (flat, semi, gloss) to figure out the PERFECT color/paint job for you.

Offline nickorrnah

« Reply #303 on: Fri, 08 January 2021, 23:21:09 »
If I wanted to paint my case should I get the white for better color stick or would black be fine to paint over later as well?
You should be putting on a white primer (you can use a different color primer if you want, like black or gray, but it will alter the color of the top coat significantly) before you paint whatever color you want to put on as the top coat. So it should not matter which color you decide to get. You might also want to sand the keyboard before priming in order to improve adhesion, but we are talking about a keyboard here... it's not like it's going to see the abuse a car or gun would see, so i don't think it really matters.
You can cerakote it yourself fairly easily, except for having to sandblast it down to the bare metal, and that's  not actually difficult or anything, it just requires the purchase of a decent air compressor, which is a couple hundo.
The single best tip i can give you: Get some plastic spoons, and practice whatever paint job you want on some of them. That way, you can test multiple colors, in multiple shades, and multiple top coats (flat, semi, gloss) to figure out the PERFECT color/paint job for you.

Thank you for the tip, I'll make sure to try that!

Offline gridishere

« Reply #304 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:17:14 »
as i can't get any replies from the vendor, asking here: can't order the board cause in checkout i get message that it's not possible to ship to destination country. i live in EU- how can i order?

Will check with zFrontier.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #305 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:18:46 »
Are there any plans on having brass plates sold separately in the future?

We don't have any plan on a brass plate.
We will release a 3D file of our plate for those who want to try different materials.

Thanks

Offline gridishere

« Reply #306 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:20:50 »
Awww Yeah! Just put my order in. I usually prefer the look of wkl, but it's doesn't work for me on this one. I also went with the Flash module, and I'm thinking about getting the array too.. Ideally, i'd like to try and "mod" the mods, and combine both into one..

Thanks for your support!
We are thinking of a module combine Circle and ARRARY. Don't know if you will be interested.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #307 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:22:50 »
Quick question, can I do the plate option with the keyboard and still go plate-less? Or do I need to buy it plate-less and then add on a plate if I wanted to later use a plate? Wasn't clear on the GB page.

You can order the plate and still go plate-less. It is flexible.
Thanks

Offline gridishere

« Reply #308 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:23:26 »
Zfrontier is really not friendly for EU.

Really want to hop on this board but the import duties will be horrendous.

Sorry for that. Do you have suggestions on vendors for EU?

Offline gridishere

« Reply #309 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 10:34:26 »
Hi Grid,

-Any update on a potential blocker?

If not, does the WKL solder version support Mill-Max?

I would much prefer to go with hotswap, but I would really like to know if a blocker will be available.

-The Array module can be used on a Mac to display time and custom messages right? It's just hardware info that is not available?
Is everything configured just via the 2 buttons or installing a software is required? When I google "Catalina Bootloader" I just get some hackintosh related stuff.

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry, we have been working hard on finalizing some design details.
We are not going to make blockers this time. However, we can design one and share the 3D file if you can manage to get it made.

Mill-Max should work fine. The pin holes for the switches is 1.4mm in diameter.
For ARRAY, yes. We are still looking into support hardware info for MAC but can't guarantee that.
ARRAY can be recognized on a computer as an Arduino Leonardo. It is fairly easy to program it.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #310 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 12:59:48 »
Awww Yeah! Just put my order in. I usually prefer the look of wkl, but it's doesn't work for me on this one. I also went with the Flash module, and I'm thinking about getting the array too.. Ideally, i'd like to try and "mod" the mods, and combine both into one..

Thanks for your support!
We are thinking of a module combine Circle and ARRARY. Don't know if you will be interested.
You are god damn right I'm interested! I'd prefer a circle and flash combo, but I'll will definitely take that one.
You guys should consider a multiple module keyboard next time. You could just keep the same design as this one (grid 650) but turn each of the side bezels into a module.
 CIRCLE on the left, ARRAY on the right, and FLASH up top!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 14:37:05 »

Thanks for your support!

Would it be possible to confirm if this new module that combines Circle and Array will happen before the GB ends?
That would be the perfect module for me, but I would feel bad if I purchase Array now and in a few months this new module with Array + Circle is revealed.

And thanks for the other information, I will look into where I could find somebody that could make a blocker then.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2021, 20:25:28 by CookieFlow »

Offline Havattack

« Reply #312 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 14:46:54 »

Thanks for your support!

Would it be possible to confirm if this new module that combines Circle and Array will happen before the GB ends?
That would be the perfect module for me, but I would feel bad if I purchase Array now and 1 month later this new module with Array + Circle comes out.

And thanks for the other information, I will look into where I could find somebody that could make a blocker then.
I can't imagine it will be released with this GB. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, that CIRCLE will be happening at a latter date. Possibly this "combo" module will be released at the same, or, and i thinks it's likely, even latter.
(I have no inside knowledge what so ever, so this is just pure speculation on my end.)
EDIT: Yeah, on page 4 of this thread, the GB runners states that the CIRCLE mod will most likely be happening in March.
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2021, 14:57:08 by Havattack »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #313 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 15:14:03 »

Thanks for your support!

That would be the perfect module for me, but I would feel bad if I purchase Array now and 1 month later this new module with Array + Circle comes out.

I can't imagine it will be released with this GB. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread, that CIRCLE will be happening at a latter date. Possibly this "combo" module will be released at the same, or, and i thinks it's likely, even latter.
(I have no inside knowledge what so ever, so this is just pure speculation on my end.)
EDIT: Yeah, on page 4 of this thread, the GB runners states that the CIRCLE mod will most likely be happening in March.

Yes Circle is supposed to be revealed soon which I was planning on purchasing, same as Array.

But I'd much rather purchase 1 module that combines both, so it would be awesome to know if that would be coming for sure in the future.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #314 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 20:06:05 »

Thanks for your support!

Yes Circle is supposed to be revealed soon which I was planning on purchasing, same as Array.

But I'd much rather purchase 1 module that combines both, so it would be awesome to know if that would be coming for sure in the future.
"Soon" Like the date has been moved up from March? or do you mean March is soon?
« Last Edit: Sat, 09 January 2021, 20:07:51 by Havattack »

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #315 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 20:24:40 »
March is soon to me.
And even if the release date of new modules is several months after, it would be really nice to know.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #316 on: Sat, 09 January 2021, 21:08:51 »
Okay, I got ya. just wondering.

Offline i luv chuletas

Re: [IC] grid 650, updated with GB info, plate options, and colorway.
« Reply #317 on: Sun, 10 January 2021, 21:33:02 »
So is there any particular reason why none of the modules are offered in e-white? Very surprising given that all modules come in navy and black as options so you can color match that, but none for the white? Not even the Classic penholder?

Love the product, and will definitely be picking it up, but it feels like that was an easy miss on the design of the overall offering.

I wanted in white, but it seems like the dumb move to make since I can't properly match it with any modules for a clean all-white look.

E-white is a finish kind of like coating, which adds a small amount of thickness to the chassis or parts.
We are concerned if both the module or the keyboard is e-white, the fit between them could be too tight.

Sorry that we can't provide this option and we hope you can understand.

Hey!

Do you see yourself prototyping that, even if for just the classic/classic-s in that colorway as a limited option, or something in that vein?
I haven't made my purchase yet, but plan to. Just still wanna figure out if a module is a possibility in some way shape or form, or if at least an interest check for that is even possible as well, before making my final decision.

It's the one thing this board is missing!

Thanks mate

Offline bigoldbox

« Reply #318 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 05:27:47 »
Anyone got a weird thing going on where no matter which module is picked the price remains the same? Also, I thought zfrontier did free shipping.

Offline geewiz

« Reply #319 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 05:54:51 »
Anyone got a weird thing going on where no matter which module is picked the price remains the same? Also, I thought zfrontier did free shipping.

Yes, while the price for the module you choose with the board is mentioned, it's only getting applied on the checkout summary.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #320 on: Mon, 11 January 2021, 22:30:39 »
Hi Grid,

I would like to place my order soon, since the GB ending date is very close, I hope you will have the time to answer about the potential Circle+Array module that you presented.

Personally it would be my perfect module and I would order at least 2 colors, and I don't mind waiting if it releases several months after the rest. But I would really hate to order regular Array now, if this combo module is available later :(
Do you think you will be able to confirm if this module will be made before the end of the GB period or that isn't possible?

(Well it's probably too late to do anything about EU vendors now, but basically the board will cost about 30% more for most EU residents due to high import taxes :( )

Offline gridishere

« Reply #321 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 03:05:54 »
Hi Grid,

I would like to place my order soon, since the GB ending date is very close, I hope you will have the time to answer about the potential Circle+Array module that you presented.

Personally it would be my perfect module and I would order at least 2 colors, and I don't mind waiting if it releases several months after the rest. But I would really hate to order regular Array now, if this combo module is available later :(
Do you think you will be able to confirm if this module will be made before the end of the GB period or that isn't possible?

(Well it's probably too late to do anything about EU vendors now, but basically the board will cost about 30% more for most EU residents due to high import taxes :( )

Sorry for the high import taxes.

The chance for us to release an ARRAY+CIRCLE combined module is 75%.  We will also consider reusing the PCB in ARRAY if possible.

Thanks for considering our product.

Offline s9ofhearts

Re: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests 2
« Reply #322 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 06:20:50 »
Hi Grid,

Thanks for posting that new video - really looking forward to seeing more videos. However, just one thing kind of bothers me - is there any chance of disabling the breathing light effect for the front indicator light while the keyboard is in use, as it seems it would be distracting during use.

Thanks again

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #323 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 11:27:21 »
Hi Grid,

The chance for us to release an ARRAY+CIRCLE combined module is 75%.  We will also consider reusing the PCB in ARRAY if possible.

Thanks Grid,

75% is very high, but not 100% either :(
I will need to think if I want to take the risk of skipping  Array now, and take the chance Circle+Array combined doesn't get made :(
Ahhhhh I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the new sound test also.
It's very strange, I could hear a big difference in 4mm vs 1.5mm on the Tealios, but with Black Inks I can't tell the difference.

Will there be new sound test or information before the 17th of was that the final news?

Offline Havattack

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 14:30:42 »
I'd just get the ARRAY now dude, I mean, you have to get some mod when you purchase the case, (I think.. I can't remember.) and whichever  module you get now,ARRAY or some other one,  I can't imagine it's going to see much use when/if the COMBO gets released, so what's it matter?
I'm sure you could probably sell the ARRAY module too someone if/when a COMBO does come out.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #325 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 20:01:39 »
I do already have 3 modules in my cart excluding Array. And I was even considering 2 different colors for Array, as it is my favorite with Peaks.
But with the other Modules I would still use them from time to time, but I would never use "regular" Array if there is a Circle+Array module later.

Sure I can always try to sell it, but if I can avoid this trouble, I'd prefer of course. I would rather spend it on an extra PCB or plate for example.
Sadly I don't have an infinite budget :(

Offline Cubic // esc lab

• Formerly 'esclab'
    • esc lab
« Reply #326 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 21:24:12 »
Aesthetic and design wise, this board is really innovative. I loooove the modular concept, and I wish more boards would embrace this (even though on a manufacturing level, that increases cost by a lot).

But watching the sound tests released + JYMV's review, it sounds fairly underwhelming and almost mushy hollow.

Hope this is something that can be address considering how expensive this board is.

Offline nickorrnah

« Reply #327 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 21:52:03 »
Does Grid have any plans on releasing a grid 750 or higher board?  I would be interested in a closer to full size board if there are plans to make one within the next year or so.

Offline s9ofhearts

« Reply #328 on: Tue, 12 January 2021, 22:13:04 »
Aesthetic and design wise, this board is really innovative. I loooove the modular concept, and I wish more boards would embrace this (even though on a manufacturing level, that increases cost by a lot).

But watching the sound tests released + JYMV's review, it sounds fairly underwhelming and almost mushy hollow.

Hope this is something that can be address considering how expensive this board is.

The JYMV video you mentioned is the Grid 600 I believe, which is quite different to the 650, considering it's a different mounting style (tray mount vs gasket).

However, I completely agree about the sound tests (the one with the ink black switches in particular sound very mushy and unsatisfying). I'm hoping that it's the mic quality rather than the board itself.

Grid, are you able to post more sound test videos (perhaps with a different mic if possible) to hopefully ease our concerns?

Thanks again.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #329 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 03:36:24 »
Hi Grid,

Thanks Grid,

75% is very high, but not 100% either :(
I will need to think if I want to take the risk of skipping  Array now, and take the chance Circle+Array combined doesn't get made :(
Ahhhhh I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the new sound test also.
It's very strange, I could hear a big difference in 4mm vs 1.5mm on the Tealios, but with Black Inks I can't tell the difference.

Will there be new sound test or information before the 17th of was that the final news?

For us, 75% means it is on our schedule unless we meet some technical difficulties.
We will release another video with holy panda with an ARRAY prototype.

Thanks,
grid

Offline gridishere

Re: [IC] grid 650, updated with GB info, plate options, and colorway.
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 03:41:26 »
So is there any particular reason why none of the modules are offered in e-white? Very surprising given that all modules come in navy and black as options so you can color match that, but none for the white? Not even the Classic penholder?

Love the product, and will definitely be picking it up, but it feels like that was an easy miss on the design of the overall offering.

I wanted in white, but it seems like the dumb move to make since I can't properly match it with any modules for a clean all-white look.

E-white is a finish kind of like coating, which adds a small amount of thickness to the chassis or parts.
We are concerned if both the module or the keyboard is e-white, the fit between them could be too tight.

Sorry that we can't provide this option and we hope you can understand.

Hey!

Do you see yourself prototyping that, even if for just the classic/classic-s in that colorway as a limited option, or something in that vein?
I haven't made my purchase yet, but plan to. Just still wanna figure out if a module is a possibility in some way shape or form, or if at least an interest check for that is even possible as well, before making my final decision.

It's the one thing this board is missing!

Thanks mate

That a very good question. We do have some E-white module prototypes and most of them fit in just fine. We will visit our vendors next week. We will revise this combination. Maybe we will be able to do that in the future.

Thanks again.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 03:47:29 »

Thanks for your feedback. Some said we need to put a gaming or table pad under the keyboard during the sound tests. We should do that in the next video. We will also include some PORON for free. You can put them between the PCB and plate, and that should make some improvement.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #332 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 03:48:59 »
Does Grid have any plans on releasing a grid 750 or higher board?  I would be interested in a closer to full size board if there are plans to make one within the next year or so.

We will for sure consider it after we have every 650 shipped.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #333 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 03:53:03 »

The JYMV video you mentioned is the Grid 600 I believe, which is quite different to the 650, considering it's a different mounting style (tray mount vs gasket).

However, I completely agree about the sound tests (the one with the ink black switches in particular sound very mushy and unsatisfying). I'm hoping that it's the mic quality rather than the board itself.

Grid, are you able to post more sound test videos (perhaps with a different mic if possible) to hopefully ease our concerns?

Thanks again.

The Ink Black V2 we have were not lubed properly and you can hear the scratch sound of the springs. It is our fault.
We do want to make a demo for FLASH so we still decided to release the video.
We will consider upgrading our recording devices as well. Wondering if you have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #334 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 12:53:36 »
Awesome news !
Crossing my fingers that there are no technical difficulties for the Circle+Array module.

I agree the Black Ink video probably wasn't the best demonstration of the potential of this board.
As you suggested, I would love to see a video with Holy Pandas with Array, and also some JWK's like Alpacas for example.

But there are only 3/4 days left on the GB so it might be difficult to release in time.

I am assuming the 4mm plate makes it very stiff? I couldn't tell the difference in sound on the black Ink, but on the Tealios I prefered the 1.5mm plate.
« Last Edit: Wed, 13 January 2021, 13:20:54 by CookieFlow »

Offline nickorrnah

« Reply #335 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 14:45:40 »
Thinking of holding off on this round of the groupbuy after that last sound test.  I normally love Black Ink V2's, but the recent sound test was very mushy.  Glad to hear that it seems that they were over lubed.  Altho if a larger full size grid comes out in the future I'd be mad at myself for not waiting for that.

Offline Havattack

« Reply #336 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 15:11:20 »
Eh, 65% is perfect for me, especially since most key sets screw up their f-row by by making the middle cluster the same color as the alphas, looks bad man.
Now. if they ever come out with one with an HHKB layout... Then i'd be upset!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #337 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 19:16:09 »
Eh, 65% is perfect for me, especially since most key sets screw up their f-row by by making the middle cluster the same color as the alphas, looks bad man.
Now. if they ever come out with one with an HHKB layout... Then i'd be upset!

Grid said he would consider offering plans for a blocker so that we could make/order them ourselves (not sure where though...)

Offline Havattack

« Reply #338 on: Wed, 13 January 2021, 20:15:35 »
I've never seen a "blocker' that looks good. It would have to be a new top cover fpr the case to look good.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #339 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 07:09:07 »
Awesome news !
Crossing my fingers that there are no technical difficulties for the Circle+Array module.

I agree the Black Ink video probably wasn't the best demonstration of the potential of this board.
As you suggested, I would love to see a video with Holy Pandas with Array, and also some JWK's like Alpacas for example.

But there are only 3/4 days left on the GB so it might be difficult to release in time.

I am assuming the 4mm plate makes it very stiff? I couldn't tell the difference in sound on the black Ink, but on the Tealios I prefered the 1.5mm plate.

The 4mm plate feel stiffer but it can be adjusted by using soft silicon gaskets or just have them removed. We will provide 3mm ANSI felt pad for everyone purchase the 1.5mm plate.
We will release the video within 2 days.

Offline zenotic

« Reply #340 on: Thu, 14 January 2021, 21:11:17 »
Hey grid, will extra PCBs (or parts and modules) be available for purchase later part of this quarter when Circle+Array is available ?

Also, whats the average weight of Grid 650 ?

Offline gridishere

« Reply #341 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 00:01:52 »
Hey grid, will extra PCBs (or parts and modules) be available for purchase later part of this quarter when Circle+Array is available ?

PCB and parts will be available for a long time.
A limited amount of modules will be available when we do the next GB.

The average weight is about 1.6 kg or 3.5 lbs.

Thanks!

Offline Zammin

« Reply #342 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 02:40:35 »
@gridishere

Can I please make one small amendment to my order? I just want to change the color of module ARRAY from Navy to Silver. I've emailed zFrontier about it but we are having some communication issues due to language barrier. They sound like they are saying they've put in the request but I don't know what's actually happening, and I've asked for someone to just let me know if/when my order has been amended, but they keep quoting this sentence from their first reply:

"Hi ,I have marked your request which can not been seen from your sides while my colleague will"

I don't understand what this means. There is no change in price or module type, just color choice. So I would expect it to be fairly simple but I don't know how exactly how this works on your/zFrontier's end.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #343 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 03:07:46 »
@gridishere

Can I please make one small amendment to my order? I just want to change the color of module ARRAY from Navy to Silver. I've emailed zFrontier about it but we are having some communication issues due to language barrier. They sound like they are saying they've put in the request but I don't know what's actually happening, and I've asked for someone to just let me know if/when my order has been amended, but they keep quoting this sentence from their first reply:

"Hi ,I have marked your request which can not been seen from your sides while my colleague will"

I don't understand what this means. There is no change in price or module type, just color choice. So I would expect it to be fairly simple but I don't know how exactly how this works on your/zFrontier's end.

It should be fairly simple. I am sorry that happened. Can you E-mail me, gridishere@gmail.com ? Please use the E-mail address you used for ordering.

I will make the note for you, just mention that you want to change your ARRAY from Navy to Silver. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks for understanding and support!

Best,
grid

Offline s9ofhearts

« Reply #344 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 03:18:29 »
Hi Grid,

Thanks for posting that new video - really looking forward to seeing more videos. However, just one thing kind of bothers me - is there any chance of disabling the breathing light effect for the front indicator light while the keyboard is in use, as it seems it would be distracting during use.

Thanks again

Hi Grid,

Is there any way to disable the lighting effect from the front indicator light when the keyboard is in use in bluetooth mode?

Thanks

Offline Zammin

« Reply #345 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 03:43:05 »
@gridishere

It should be fairly simple. I am sorry that happened. Can you E-mail me, gridishere@gmail.com ? Please use the E-mail address you used for ordering.

I will make the note for you, just mention that you want to change your ARRAY from Navy to Silver. Sorry for the hassle.

Thanks for understanding and support!

Best,
grid

Thanks very much, I'll send you an email now.

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #346 on: Fri, 15 January 2021, 08:25:29 »

Thanks!

Just to be sure I understood correctly.

-Module 10 Circle GB will be happening for sure around March. And hopefully some Circle "combo" modules also at the same time.
Is that correct?

-And now you just mentionned some of the current modules 1-9 will still be available for purchase during the March Circle GB.
Do you already know which ones would be returning?

I apologize for all my questions, but with the delay of module 10 and uncertainty of the combo modules it's a bit difficult to plan the correct purchases.
I will be getting 3 Peaks modules and 1 Flash for sure, but if regular Array will be back in March I would prefer to wait and see if circle-array combo will be available.

Looking forward to the sound test video that should hopefully be available by tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

Offline gridishere

« Reply #347 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 01:51:47 »

Thanks!

Just to be sure I understood correctly.

-Module 10 Circle GB will be happening for sure around March. And hopefully some Circle "combo" modules also at the same time.
Is that correct?

-And now you just mentionned some of the current modules 1-9 will still be available for purchase during the March Circle GB.
Do you already know which ones would be returning?

I apologize for all my questions, but with the delay of module 10 and uncertainty of the combo modules it's a bit difficult to plan the correct purchases.
I will be getting 3 Peaks modules and 1 Flash for sure, but if regular Array will be back in March I would prefer to wait and see if circle-array combo will be available.

Looking forward to the sound test video that should hopefully be available by tomorrow.

Thank you very much.

- That's our plan.

- We will have very limited stock for modules 1-9 when the group buy of Module 10 starts. This means not all modules in all colors will be available.

Thanks for your question and the third video is available now.

Offline curious-otter

Re: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests 3
« Reply #348 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 17:26:37 »
That simulator is so good! Now to compare what I ordered to other combos :)

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Re: [IC] grid 650, GB is live, update with typing sound tests 3
« Reply #349 on: Sat, 16 January 2021, 18:35:12 »
Thank you for the simulator, it was worth waiting for.  I will make my final decisions tomorrow and order up.  Thank you.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black