Author Topic: Does it bother anyone else when your keycaps get dirty?  (Read 49738 times)

Offline RenegadeParadox

Re: Does it bother anyone else when your keycaps get dirty?
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 25 October 2015, 21:52:13 »
I don't really ever find my caps dirty, excluding dust or hair. I tend to try and keep my board always blown out with compressed air. I just got a used K65 for an upcoming project and that thing was disgusting but after a bath in soapy water and a cleaning the plate with Qtips and rubbing alcohol everything is squeaky clean. 

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #51 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 02:53:52 »
I don't really ever find my caps dirty, excluding dust or hair. I tend to try and keep my board always blown out with compressed air. I just got a used K65 for an upcoming project and that thing was disgusting but after a bath in soapy water and a cleaning the plate with Qtips and rubbing alcohol everything is squeaky clean.

Qtips are a great idea, I usually use a little brush (similar to a toothbrush) to remove anything between the switches and plate while all the caps are off.  :thumb:

Offline Kola93

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 02:57:49 »

Qtips are a great idea, I usually use a little brush (similar to a toothbrush) to remove anything between the switches and plate while all the caps are off.  :thumb:

What I usually do is fire up the air compressor, blow out all the dirt and stuff inside the keyboard, then finish by gently wiping a towel over the keycaps and keyboard.

Do this once in a while and you will have a well-maintained and clean keyboard. ^-^

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 04:30:22 »
Visible dirt on keycaps means cleaner hands!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Frizer

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 05:13:52 »
I run them through the dishwasher every 6 months or so.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 08:25:16 »

I wash them in the counter sink with regular soap for the dishes, and I have done it like two times in several years.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:28:13 »

I wash them in the counter sink with regular soap for the dishes, and I have done it like two times in several years.

I might try this one - the dishwasher idea scares me for some reason because of the heat (I know ABS and PBT's plastic temperature is
way higher but still feel uncomfortable about it)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:40:34 »

I might try this one - the dishwasher idea scares me for some reason because of the heat (I know ABS and PBT's plastic temperature is
way higher but still feel uncomfortable about it)

it appears to be not the best of ideas, unless you have an accurate control of the temperature you may end with warped keys, mainly those over one unit length.

Offline Jhonan

• Chicks love duck pics...
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:51:50 »
Visible dirt on keycaps means cleaner hands!
I like the way you think sir.

Offline Jema

• CHIPOTLE WHERE
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • You make my words I'm gonna get my grade 10
« Reply #59 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 09:59:15 »
I've been using Clorox wipes to wipe down every week or so, but foresee that as a problem since no one else cleans their board that way :-X
Other than that, once or twice I've taken all the keys off and soaked them in a bowl with dish soap and warm water

Offline Butter

« Reply #60 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 11:57:23 »
It bother the **** out of me if my board is dirty. So I put a acrylic cover on my board before I go to sleep. For your case maybe magic eraser can clean it up a bit.

Offline gabba-gool

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 15:11:37 »
I've noticed the white PBT stock caps on my pok3r get dirty very fast. Probably because they're white. I wash my hands before using the board too. I think the rough texture just traps dirt, as mentioned earlier. But anyway, it bothers me and I clean the caps regularly.

Offline heroinbob

« Reply #62 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:00:08 »
Non damaging method of cleaning keycaps - from my personal experience.

Take a couple of pictures of keyboard so you know which keys go where (I do this for ease only - although not critical)

I use an ultrasonic cleaner from harbor freight (heated unit) - about $70USD

I fill it up with hot water, add about 1/8 cup of baking soda and a generous squirt of dawn dishwashing liquid

Throw the caps into a mesh bag (nylon stocking will do fine also) - tie off the top with twist-tie

Drop the meshbag into the water/bakingsoda/dishwashing liquid, turn on the ultrasonic (heater too) and cook for 5 minutes
- turn off heater, repeat 5 minutes ultrasonic only

Remove mesh bag from water, run under water, shake all excess water off
Open mesh bag and inspect keys - should be clean (if not repeat above scrub process).

Lay out the caps on a towel to dry (legend face up) - takes about an hour for them to dry (optionally, you can blow them dry with canned air or compressor - I don't suggest using heat)

Wipe down the keyboard case/frame, blow out the keyboard using canned air (or compressor if you have it - cheaper).

Reassemble keycaps on board.

The baking soda acts as micro abrasive scrubbers (triggered by the ultrasonic), the soap is a non-destructive degreaser - I have not had any issues with UV coating being removed or bleaching dark caps.

Never add any harsh chemicals (bleach/ammonia/etc...) - they will contribute to stripping the UV coating off the caps (and in some cases will lighten them).

I once made the mistake of adding a cleaner that bleached some black caps - but I was able to restore them using an acetone vapor wash.

Paul (HB)
« Last Edit: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:58:15 by heroinbob »

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #63 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 17:46:28 »
Wear and tear on my HiPro...

Ugh it feels bad =[

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #64 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 18:39:19 »
Oooo...I should share a way to make cheap compressed air before the cans were everywhere.
  • Get a bicycle pump
  • Put a ball inflation needle on the end
  • Pump and point the burst of air from the needle where you need it.
Two people are best for this if you have a big job, but a burst here or there can be done easily with one person.  You don't have to fully extend the pump handle to get the air pressure needed.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #65 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 19:12:50 »

Take a couple of pictures of keyboard so you know which keys go where (I do this for ease only - although not critical)

I fill it up with hot water, add about 1/8 cup of baking soda and a generous squirt of dawn dishwashing liquid

Throw the caps into a mesh bag (nylon stocking will do fine also) - tie off the top with twist-tie

Drop the meshbag into the water/bakingsoda/dishwashing liquid, turn on the ultrasonic (heater too) and cook for 5 minutes

Open mesh bag and inspect keys - should be clean (if not repeat above scrub process).

Lay out the caps on a towel to dry (legend face up) - takes about an hour for them to dry (optionally, you can blow them dry with canned air or compressor - I don't suggest using heat)

Wipe down the keyboard case/frame, blow out the keyboard using canned air (or compressor if you have it - cheaper).

The baking soda acts as micro abrasive scrubbers (triggered by the ultrasonic), the soap is a non-destructive degreaser - I have not had any issues with UV coating being removed or bleaching dark caps.

Never add any harsh chemicals (bleach/ammonia/etc...) - they will contribute to stripping the UV coating off the caps (and in some cases will lighten them).

I once made the mistake of adding a cleaner that bleached some black caps - but I was able to restore them using an acetone vapor wash.

Paul (HB)

The extended writing is appreciated; however, the procedure is over-complicated. The use of backing soda is effective, but most of the time a simple wash with some previous immersion time is more than enough.

Offline 1swt2gs

• DOGE
« Reply #66 on: Mon, 26 October 2015, 22:59:27 »
I hate the anti-microbial finish on my Tai-Haos as they aren't really dirty, but as the finish wears off the pbt it almost causes a grimy look, need to soak em in alcohol and scrub em clean of the crap lol

I have some Tai Hao caps too and I scratched that layer off when I accidently thought the cap was dirty (go figure).

Anyone know how to get rid of the scratch marks?

It won't get rid of the scratch marks, but it will get rid of the coating entirely https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ik3jz/guide_how_to_remove_taihaos_nano_antibiosis/

Thank you! I might just have to do this. I love the grainy feel and hate the coating the Tai-Hao have.
Such artisan, many caps, very keyboard.

Always searching for Bro caps! 

1swt2gs classifieds!

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:16:41 »
I hate the anti-microbial finish on my Tai-Haos as they aren't really dirty, but as the finish wears off the pbt it almost causes a grimy look, need to soak em in alcohol and scrub em clean of the crap lol

I have some Tai Hao caps too and I scratched that layer off when I accidently thought the cap was dirty (go figure).

Anyone know how to get rid of the scratch marks?

It won't get rid of the scratch marks, but it will get rid of the coating entirely https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/3ik3jz/guide_how_to_remove_taihaos_nano_antibiosis/

Thank you! I might just have to do this. I love the grainy feel and hate the coating the Tai-Hao have.

So glad this was posted! :D

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #68 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:48:25 »
I would be very careful with compressed air you can mess up switches with it.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #69 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 06:52:36 »

Can't tell if joking...
Methylated Spirits, not even once.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #70 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 07:11:49 »

Can't tell if joking...

I'm absolutely not joking, there have been a few people here ruin switches with compressed air, you end up blowing dust, hair, crumbs etc into the switches and it can cause issues.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #71 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 07:13:02 »

Can't tell if joking...

I'm absolutely not joking, there have been a few people here ruin switches with compressed air, you end up blowing dust, hair, crumbs etc into the switches and it can cause issues.

That's interesting, how did it happen?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #72 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 07:17:53 »

Can't tell if joking...

Just like I said, you can end up getting foreign materials inside the switch by using compressed air.

This can lead to chattering or depending on material it could possibly eventually cause corrosion internally and/or some other interference/damage within the switch mechanism.

Not saying this happens all the time,  just trying to caution people that it can happen.

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #73 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 07:21:42 »

Can't tell if joking...

Just like I said, you can end up getting foreign materials inside the switch by using compressed air.

This can lead to chattering or depending on material it could possibly eventually cause corrosion internally and/or some other interference/damage within the switch mechanism.

Not saying this happens all the time,  just trying to caution people that it can happen.

Ahh yeah true, I must have skimmed over the last part of that reply. I usually use a similar thing, this canless air blower (http://www.canlessair.com/), it doesn't have any of the issues with the condensation that canned air does, but yeah fully get the pieces of crumbs and stuff. Every day that I sit down at my computer I do a wipe and dust over the whole area though!

Offline Herothereu

« Reply #74 on: Tue, 27 October 2015, 10:48:15 »
Oooo...I should share a way to make cheap compressed air before the cans were everywhere.
  • Get a bicycle pump
Two people are best for this if you have a big job, but a burst here or there can be done easily with one person.  You don't have to fully extend the pump handle to get the air pressure needed.

Too much work.  Compressed air is cheap.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 28 October 2015, 08:31:30 »

Paul (HB)

The extended writing is appreciated; however, the procedure is over-complicated. The use of backing soda is effective, but most of the time a simple wash with some previous immersion time is more than enough.
I actually found this detailed procedure quite useful.  It's details like this that you will find in a community where a paltry 10g force difference on a keystroke makes a world of difference.
Another thing about compressed air is that certain variants do have a substance that comes out with the air.  DSLR manufacturers warn against cleaning the sensors or mirrors in their cameras with compressed air for this reason.  Something to keep in mind.

Offline mszy52

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 18:55:27 »
On my first mech, i had white keys which would requently get dirty but i upgraded my caps to a clean set of black faced caps and I dont have to deal with the dirtyness anymore

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:44:22 »
I used to get white t-shirts dirty all the time, but now I wear black and never notice the dirt.  ;D

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #78 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 20:55:30 »
I used to get white t-shirts dirty all the time, but now I wear black and never notice the dirt.  ;D

This is actually totally true though

If you get a big splotch of ketchup on a plain white tee you look like a retard for the whole day whereas you can manage it much more discretely with darker shirts  :p

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 21:47:44 »
My car working clothes consists of a bunch of all-black pants and shirts.  I'll never know how dirty I am and nor does the wife, hehe.

Offline E3E

« Reply #80 on: Fri, 30 October 2015, 22:00:01 »
I usually wipe off my caps with a mix of distilled water/white vinegar when I'm done, or just alcohol for PBT. That helps me sleep better at night. :P

Offline SploogeFactory

• Vitamin D deficient
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 05:49:27 »

If you get a big splotch of ketchup on a plain white tee you look like a retard for the whole day whereas you can manage it much more discretely with darker shirts  :p

Ketchup? Come on mate, it's Tomato Sauce in Oz!

Offline E3E

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 06:28:41 »
Dammit, now I want some spaghetti with all this mentioning of tomato-y things.

I also want to buy an ultrasonic cleaner now, but until then, denture tabs and wipe downs with alcohol or vinegar must suffice!

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:46:14 »
Inb4 spills tomato sauce on keyboard. :-X

My keyboard never really get dirty, I just go slightly mad when too much dust gets on it.  >:D

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
Does it bother anyone else when your keycaps get dirty?
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 31 October 2015, 08:55:57 »
POM keycaps (are those still a thing?) and PBT keycaps seem to get "oily" from my fingers than ABS keycaps.

I use a baby wipe every now and then to clean them off. When they have dust/dirt/Frenchfries down in between I use a big blob of some sort of cleaning slime I got off Taobao a while back.

If it gets really bad I pull them off put them in a mesh bag and throw them in the top rack of the dishwasher. Last resort is soaking in denture cleaner.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:11:09 »

Similarly if you get a big splodge of tomato sauce (or BBQ sauce, which is nicer) on light coloured keycaps, you look like a retard, but on dark coloured keycaps you just look like a messy eater.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ripwallet

« Reply #86 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 00:31:16 »
Im OCD about stuff like that, dirt or specs on my keys. Or even like a piece of hair on my desk haha little things but still bothers me. I don't think i could ever buy a set of white keys. I keep my hands clean but if they started to show any visible dirt they'd be getting cleaned immediately.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #87 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 01:35:42 »
Im OCD about stuff like that, dirt or specs on my keys. Or even like a piece of hair on my desk haha little things but still bothers me. I don't think i could ever buy a set of white keys. I keep my hands clean but if they started to show any visible dirt they'd be getting cleaned immediately.

Most of the dust I have seems to be lighter in colour.  It shows up immediately on a black keyboard or keycaps, but nowhere near as much on a beige or white keyboard.

Offline WolfTickets

« Reply #88 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 08:00:23 »
I'm a big fan of keyboards and cases that do not have a raised edge around the top.  I think some people may refer to is as "low profile" cases.  My Winkeyless b.87 board is an example.  Not having that ridge keeps all that junk from being trapped, and it helps the keyboard stay cleaner for longer.

Offline moshimalloe

« Reply #89 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 16:54:30 »
  • Get a bicycle pump

Omg why have I never thought of this. Do you think a balloon hand pump would work?

Offline alexjd99

• oozing through the cells of one's own construction
« Reply #90 on: Sun, 01 November 2015, 17:08:53 »
I don't think anyone in their right mind would want dirty keycaps
Or maybe they would, to each their own  :))

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #91 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:19:20 »
  • Get a bicycle pump

Omg why have I never thought of this. Do you think a balloon hand pump would work?
Probably.  I haven't tried it, so try it and let us know!  :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #92 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:22:59 »
An electric pump for tires could work as well. They are very noisy but for a few minutes of cleaning that would not be a problem, and it can get a ball needle at its end as well.

Offline zlittell

• My Projects
« Reply #93 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 11:57:49 »
I purchased the SP white base with red modifiers blank set for my first 60% and I am terrified of the possibility of dirtyness :(

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:17:26 »
An electric pump for tires could work as well. They are very noisy but for a few minutes of cleaning that would not be a problem, and it can get a ball needle at its end as well.
Another great idea!  Those will actually work even better as the air 'pulses' due to the way those pumps work.  Only problem might be that they need a 12v power connector as most don't have a wall outlet plug. :(

But then I was thinking, even an air bed pump may work well.  Or a shop vac in blower mode--although that may be too strong.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 12:45:18 »
Another great idea!  Those will actually work even better as the air 'pulses' due to the way those pumps work.  Only problem might be that they need a 12v power connector as most don't have a wall outlet plug. :(

But then I was thinking, even an air bed pump may work well.  Or a shop vac in blower mode--although that may be too strong.

You can bring your board near your car to clean it. It should not be a problem, if you already have one of those pumps, as I do, it is just a way to put it into another use.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #96 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 14:32:55 »

You can bring your board near your car to clean it. It should not be a problem, if you already have one of those pumps, as I do, it is just a way to put it into another use.
Good point, lol.

I don't know why I think everything must gravitate to the keyboard, lol.

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #97 on: Mon, 02 November 2015, 15:41:11 »

Ketchup? Come on mate, it's Tomato Sauce in Oz!

You beat me to it!  :p

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:37:04 »
Haha yes! I have black caps so every time I see a speckle of dust, I go crazy and do a quick dust. I try not to let them get too bad though!  :))

Offline RenegadeParadox

« Reply #99 on: Tue, 03 November 2015, 00:45:09 »
Maybe it's just me, but I feel like PBT gets dirtier faster than ABS.

Could be that since they have a more textured surface more dust/dirt would stick to the keys. I don't really use ABS keys atm so I can't say for sure but it would make sense to me.