Author Topic: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""  (Read 32308 times)

Offline martinyeah

#5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""
« on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:27:52 »
"Updated 15 July" - I already PM'ed all the Winners, sorry for the late PM.

Congratulation to all the guys below :

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Thank you for all of your support :)

-- HotKeys Giveaway Time --

Can you tell us or show us your FIRST keyboard (even not mechanical keyboards). I will randomly give out lovely gifts as a token of appreciation for participation.

The Giveaway is "from now up to 10th July"

I will announce "6 winners on 11th July" , each winner will get 1 Special HotKeys (Not For Sale).

Good luck to all :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:18:56 by martinyeah »

Offline martinyeah

Re: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:27:57 »

This is my first keyboard (not mechanical keyboard) round about more than 10 years ago, still runnung normal  :thumb:

(The old keyboard is more practical than the present one just like Nokia. LOL)

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:41:50 by martinyeah »

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:32:00 »
Thanks Martin.  I'll be back  :eek:
Even good dogs go wild

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:34:38 »
First mechanical keyboard was a Das model s ultimate back in 2011! Always loved it since people would freak out about the letters not being on  the caps. Don't have the board anymore but will always remember it!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:35:40 »
My first keyboard was the Apple Extended Keyboard, which came with my old Macintosh SE!  Good times!

Thanks for the giveaway Martin!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:35:49 »
Awesome! Thanks for the giveaway  :)

The first keyboard I ever got was a Logitech K120. Well...I didn't technically purchase it, my mom bought it for me out of the kindness of her heart  :-*

Have to admit, this keyboard has lasted a long, long time. It's been through a lot...almost all of college, many many gaming sessions, ragequits, etc. etc....

The first I remember purchasing was an Apple Wireless keyboard. This was my main "portable" keyboard throughout college. Before native Bluetooth HID support was a thing, I fondly remember rooting my Moto Droid just to install the needed files to get it working. I got quite a bunch of looks for using a keyboard with my phone. Even used it a few times to take notes during class...people looked at me odd then, but now we all use keyboards with iPads and whatnot.

Then there's the Razer Blackwidow I bought for my 21'st birthday. Mac layout...backlit...it was (and is) quite a special board to me. I'm actually selling it so I can get some cash for a HHKB, but that might be slightly unrelated. :blank:

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:12 »
I´m old ....
My first Keyboard...
... Amiga 500   :D

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Thank you for the giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:03:03 by Toxic-i- »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:16 »
My first keyboard was the old ****ty dell that came stock with Dell computers. Eventually we all migrated to laptops, but I still used that thing to play with games. I still used it up until 2 summers ago when I got my Razer BWU. Here is a picture of it :) :
Untitled by skurela, on Flickr

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:29 »
My first "keyboard" was actually a typewriter that I wrote on when I was about 5 years old. The typewriter was one that belonged to my Grandfather when he was a CBS reporter in the 50s and 60s. My mom has told me that my Grandfather would be up late typing pretty much every night, and that her and her siblings would fall asleep to the sound of the keys. I still own the typewriter in question, and I'll update with a picture if I can find it.
Thanks for the giveaway!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:37:30 »
My first computer was a Gateway 400c, IIRC this was the keyboard

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:39:04 »
first keyboard i specifically remember was a model M... and my grandma's MS ergo!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 02:37:56 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:41:44 »
My first "keyboard" was Sinclair ZX Spectrum+: (photo from wikipedia). It's actually complete computer :)

Yes, I'm old ;)

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:42:17 »
Here is a picture of my first keyboard! I bought it because I liked the slim profile. However some of the keys started sticking after too much gaming so I eventually switched to a mechanical keyboard (Max Blackbird).

Thanks for the giveaway Martin!!!  :thumb:

Offline PocketFool

• Coming down with a serious case of mech-mania
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:45:12 »
My first keyboard I ever owned was a rubber-domed Dell that came with my first computer. I was young, and my keyboard was an amazing multi-purpose tool; acting as a window to the wonderful world of the internet, controller to play LEGO Pizza Island, and as a trashcan all at the same time. Unsurprisingly, it didn't last long, but boy did it open up Pandora's box. I'll admit, I've upped my keyboard game quite a bit, but I doubt I'll ever be able to have another keyboard that can act as a trashcan (mainly due to the fact that I'm an adult who actually cares about keyboards now) so even though I no longer have it, it'll always be special to me in at least a nostalgic sense.
Always looking for lime-green and red colored topre RF sets.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:06:57 »
My first keyboard coincided with my first gaming console --- The Atari 2600

Brings back good old memories as I spent so much time playing Donkey Kong and Pacman on the Atari.  Anyhow one day, my dad brought home the Compumate.  Basically what you see in the picture is what you get. 

I remember spending a lot of time with my brother playing their compose music game to make what a 5 year old would consider to be "Mozart" like music at the time...  garbled midi music with no beats and ton of random high pitched notes just to get a good laugh!   :))

Looking back at the layout, it's very similar to a Poker in the way that you had to combined the "Function" key to access the important navigation arrows on the keypad.  The navigation keys was essential to be able to add and modify the pitch of each note.  Of course the keyboard was pretty crummy in comparison to a standard keyboard.  I recall having to press those keys really hard to get them to work!   :p

Thanks Martin for the giveaway!

More pictures below:

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:40:14 by crayzieap »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:09:37 »
My first keyboard was a Commodore 64. I learned coding on Commodore Basic as a mere suckling.

Those were the days...

:'(
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:33:06 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline christophertsao

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:13:36 »
I've used many keyboards in my lifetime, but didn't go mechanical until a last year (1 year mechanical anniversary on 7/26!).

These are just the ones I can recall:

• Default IBM Keyboard - ~1998
  • My father's work computer - IBM Thinkpad Laptop keyboard - ~1999
  • Default Dell Desktop keyboard - ~2001
  • Microsoft "Ergonomic" keyboard - early 2000's
  • Toshiba Qosmio Laptop keyboard - 2005-2007
  • Asus G1 "Gaming Laptop" - 2008
  • HP Default Keyboard 2009
  • Logitech Wave Keyboard and Mouse Set 2009-2014
  • Ducky - Shine 3 - MX Blue - White LED - 2014-Present
  • Ducky - Mini - Silver - MX Blue - Red/Blue LED 2014 Present
  • KBC - Poker II - MX Clear - White LED 2014 Present
  • Leopold - FC210TP - MX Blue - 2014 Present

(null)

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:15:29 »
This was my first mechanical keyboard. A standard Model M that I then bolt modded. This is the last photo I have, as I have now sold it.

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:16:32 »
my first keyboard with my first computer. i ran a bbs called 'organized anarchy' on it and images would take minutes to load slowly down the screen.

Offline Doobalicious

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:21:17 »
My first keyboard was a Microsoft Internet Keyboard.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:23:28 »
The first computer/keyboard I spent significant time on was a TI-99 4A. I remember my Dad subscribed to some computer enthusiast magazine and I would transcribe BASIC programs from the magazine to make cheesy little games.

Good times! Thanks for the giveaway!

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:26:34 »
The first keyboard I ever bought that didn't come with my computer purchase was a ROCCAT Isku. I thought that thing was the slickest back in the day. It had blue LEDs everywhere, had some dope customizable settings, and had media keys galore. Many nights in high school and college were spent playing games on that keyboard.

I look back now and wonder what I was doing with my life.

Here's a picture.

Offline Psykick

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:28:38 »
My first keyboard, some random Logitech board!

This keyboard lasted through various PC upgrades and I had some great times playing Battlefield 2142 on it. This was pretty much the keyboard I used through middles school and early high school until I purchased a Razer Lycos for $20 at a local garage sale.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:33:01 »
The first keyboard that was my own for a personal computer was the Keytronic Realforce rubber dome keyboard. In a way it was the first keyboard that had a nice sound experience for me.
Here's a picture of the board that I stole from google image search

Offline Data

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:34:20 »
Wow, I barely remember my first keyboard.  It was attached to the "computer", which then connected to my TV for video output.  I want to say it was from the Tandy family.  This would have been 1986 or 87.  It went out with the trash sometime in the early 90s.  :(  My "second" keyboard was part of an Apple IIe and it belonged to my elementary school's "computer lab".  We mostly used it to play Mario Brothers.  :P

Since I can't show either of those I'll show my first keyboard build instead.

ErgoDox with Nuclear Data key set.  Gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/G6eHg

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:37:33 »
My first keyboard was a Commodore 64. I learned coding on Commodore Basic as a mere suckling.

Show Image

Those were the days...

That is glorious!  We had the original Macintosh back in the goold ole' days.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:43:37 by crayzieap »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:40:32 »
I guess my first keyboard would technically be the one on a sony vaio that I bought as my first laptop. I was in 6th grade and it was just my birthday, and I saw the laptop during a best buy black friday sale. Ugh I loved that keyboard. My first aftermarket keyboard was a Leopold FC200R, it was my first mech and I had bought it on reddit from /u/kudos_and_godspeed . Still have taht board and I use it often :)
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:49:00 »
I can't even remember the first keyboard I ever used, but the first one I bought myself in high school was a Saitek Eclipse II. 

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:53:18 »

Rosewill RK-9000i with Cherry blue switches

Since I have no idea what my first keyboard ever was, I'd rather just post my first mechanical board. I actually just sold the Rosewill to my good friend because I have my new KUL-ES 87 with Cherry clears, and I bought the KC60 with Gatron blacks off Massdrop

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:48:20 by Bigpock »

Offline Fishinatoaster

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:00:39 »
My first keyboard was this gigantic compaq rubberdome that I used to play need for speed on my computer with. As for my first mechnical, It was a Matias tactile pro off of ebay. I was really sad that it broke, but I had to get rid of it. I'll never forget how angry it made my girlfriend.

Offline braidn

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:07:40 »
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro2. Black on Black.

That was maybe 3-4 years ago and was a departing gift given to me by a company I used to work for. It was one of the best things ever because it led me down this somewhat expensive, very cool road of mechanical keyboards. The board now has a HASU controller which makes it even more awesome.

Offline trn4mr

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:09:12 »
I got my first ever keyboard that I could call my own last year when I got myself a 2013 Blackwidow Ultimate:

All the years before I either used my older sibling's desktops or only ever had a laptop so it took a while to get my first keyboard. haha

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:11:47 »
My first keyboard was an IBM Model M2 that my dad bought for our family along with an IBM PS/2, a fun little 286 system.

I actually just recently re-acquired the M2 from my parent's house. Amazing that they held onto it for so many years.

Also, thanks for doing this giveaway! Very nice of you.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:14:19 »

Loved that keyboard, I had the scroll wheel on the side mapped to control volume and thought it was so badass  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:19:56 »
The super ultra rare Logitech K100.  It was a surprisingly good board for $10. (until I actually touched something else.  Still blew the keyboard on my Mac pro out of the water).   

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:50:55 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline waterform

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:27:52 »

My first keyboard was a wireless Logitech rubber dome. Not a great keyboard by any stretch of the imagination, but it was dirt cheap, and it served its purpose admirably. Also, unifying receiver is great.

My first mech was an ES-87 with clears. I was originally going to buy a CM quickfire xt or rapid (I had a $15 discount code from the switch tester), but they were never in stock on CM's store, so I figured I'd try the clears and get a quickfire with browns later if I didn't like them. Turns out clears are awesome. clears4lyfe

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:50:43 »
My first keyboard was the amiga 1200. Use to play settlers on this and good damm did it take for ever loading disc 1 then disc 2 then disc 1 again and on and on. Loved it though plus they did the graphics for babalon 5 on one of these

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:18:38 »
Pic-related is the first dedicated keyboard I bought with my own money. Before I had only laptop keyboards, and when I graduated college I was working on a novel and wanted to get a good keyboard to use. I heard a special on NPR some time in 2009 about the IBM Model M and did some research on it afterward.
Since I didn't have a desktop yet I wanted one with USB, and that's when I heard about Unicomp. Bought one and it's been my daily driver since. It's still in immaculate condition because I'm OCD about it.

Offline WalrusBumter

• Youll cowards dont even click clack
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:20:30 »
This was my first keyboard, the old Apple standard Keyboard
Thanks for the giveaway :)
It's a hobby™

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:28:10 »
This was mine

Because I'm young
Zealio Master Race

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:37:20 »
First mouse and keyboard would have come with my first computer.  The keyboard was a Dell SK-8110 while the mouse was a Dell M-UR69 manufactured by Logitech.  While they were the basic OEM models included with every computer, in hindsight they weren’t all that bad.  I've been exposed to a number of OEM mice and keyboards since then that were infinity worse.  (I still actually have that mouse beside me at work so when an unsuspecting colleague tries to use my computer for a minute and can't figure out how to use my trackball, they can grab the mouse and keep on going.)

As for my first mechanical keyboard, that would be a Coolermaster Quick Fire Pro with MX Browns.

Thanks for the giveaway!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:40:33 by ddot »

Offline minTea

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:41:17 »

I'm going to talk about the first keyboard I bought when I was fairly young for my first gaming build (I did use a basic dell board prior to it but not for long). The first board I bought was a rubber dome Logitech g15. It was around $100 and with being around the age of 14 it was fairly expensive. This was the board that had a tiltable display screen at the top and a bunch of macro buttons. This board was my weapon in many hours of vanilla WoW and Counterstrike: Source. One day however when I was cleaning up my computer area a bit I moved my hand to fast and spilled a glass of orange juice into it. Without any guide for dealing with the spill all I did was unplug it but it was too late. :( rip G15

Offline xredman

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:45:33 »
My first keyboard was the rubber-domed Dell that came with the computer. It is from that keyboard that I learn how to touch type and play games. I would practice typing in Mavis Beacon and play the games in there.

Offline kollabane

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:47:35 »
My first two keyboards were the standard apple keyboard for their computers at the time of purchase: the A1048 and the A1243.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

After a few years of the latter keyboards, I bought a Razer Deathstalker. (Bad idea)

Once annoyed by the bad design, I decided to research what these 'mechanical keyboard' things were. Then I bought my Rosewill RGB80, which is my current keyboard.

(It has fallen into a state of disrepair because I'm trying to overhaul it) :b forgive the mess.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:49:28 by kollabane »

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:51:44 »
The "first" keyboard that I actually bought and owned for college (Embry Riddle Aeronautical University) back in the day came with my Macintosh that can you believe in 1986 cost me $3,000.00 (included printer and software as well)!!

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:53:09 »
My first keyboard came as part of keyboard and mouse kit that was a combo deal with the case I chose for my first build.  It was a Chieftec wireless KB and mouse combo that was the same color as my green Chieftec case.  It was approx 2002-2003 at the time.  TigerDirect still has the item up: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=485335

Offline animal

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:30:55 »
I've been searching for the past 45 minutes for a picture of my Acer 500+ XT with no luck. I got it with a keyboard that had the function keys (all 10 of them) on the left side and not on top. I really don't remember if it was mechanical or not, although I doubt it. When I sold it, it was really yellow looking. Wow, that was like 24 years ago...

Thank you for awakening some memories.
Real men do it with a keyboard.

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:31:17 »
My first keyboard, that wasn't attached to a laptop, was a Logitech K350. Was wireless and let me play pc games while sitting on my couch   :). Thanks for doing this Martin.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:33:14 by Carlos_the_turtle »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:08:28 »
This is the first keyboard I remember using

I used that thing from about age 3 to 10. Then one day the letter E stopped working and it was about time for a computer upgrade anyways

Offline Gumberculese

• Man, Machine, Scientist?
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:14:17 »
My first keyboard was on the commadore 64 that my parents bought at a garage sale.

I remember typing out BASIC programs to make ASCII birds fly across the screen.  Eventually, my dad gave me pirated copies of such classics as Mr. Robot, Space Taxi (still have fond memories of that one), and Gauntlet.  Good times.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:51:52 »
My first keyboard, that wasn't attached to a laptop, was a Logitech K350. Was wireless and let me play pc games while sitting on my couch   :). Thanks for doing this Martin.
(Attachment Link)

I loved that keyboard! Used it at work and, when I replaced it, at home with the Wii (back when my only computer that could connect to the Internet was the Wii).

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:54:59 »
(Attachment Link)

this was also my (big purchase $)keyboard, it was pretty terrible at times with the lag when i was playing WoW

Offline robotox

• Gimme them purple caps, brother.
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:00:56 »
Man, I wish so much that I could show a picture of my first keyboard, a 1994 Model M.  It looks a lot like this one.  I used it up through college (until 2008), but it got stolen out of a UHaul while I was moving to my first non-slum apartment, which is irony for you.  It's my fault for packing it in a box for a then-recent iMac box I pulled from a recycling dumpster.  Oh, well.  I replaced it with a 1988 one that got taken by a recently fired guy at a job I worked at a few years ago.  After that, I moved away from buckling spring for MX (and the HHKB I bought a few months ago).
HHKB (dental banded, lubed, black/gray), Corsair K70 with MX Blue RGB, Ergodox with MX Blue.

"If a man empties his purse into his head no man can take it from him. An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Ben Franklin

Offline kaotikb

« Reply #53 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:07:05 »
My first keyboard was part of the Coleco Adam computer. I still remember loading programs off the tape drive.

This is just an image I found
Ducky 1087 (Green ALPS) |  CM QFR Stealth (MX Brown) | Unicomp Ultra Classic |Poker II (MX Brown)  | IBM 1391401 1991 | IBM 1391401 1989 | Ducky Shine 3 White Edition (MX Brown) | G80-3700(MX Black) | Corsair K70 (MX Brown) | Varmillo VA87MR (Gateron Red)

Pointing Devices:  Microsoft Trackball Optical (Ceramic bearings Installed)  | Sanwa MA-TB39BK (Larger Ceramic Bearings Installed) | Elecom M-XT2URBK | Kensington Slimblade | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Logitech Trackman Marble Plus

Offline tinyj316

« Reply #54 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:10:36 »
My first keyboard was an Apple ][e ...Also, this is my first post, so I've got that going for me...which is nice.

Offline KTKM

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:12:56 »
I had the model M when I was a kid, and my parents threw it away for some newer rubber domes  :( man it was fun to type on it and make noise.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:15:00 by KTKM »

Offline imhotep4

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:21:00 »
This keyboard made me love big ass Enter keys. It's the first I can remember having used (not actual photo but it loooked exactly like this):

Offline rjmana

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:24:55 »
I had a Model M a long time ago that I didn't realize was quite a treasure. I knew it was great to type on, and even after buying rubber domes that looked nicer, I found myself reverting to the Model M over and over again. I'd consider that my first board. Years later, on the hunt for a keyboard of better quality than mushy rubber domes, I discovered the world of mechanical keyboards and sourced my generation 1 Ducky Shine (with MX Blacks) through someone selling here since it wasn't as widely available as it is now. Here is the only picture I could find of it from back then. I've since sold it and moved on to a bunch of other boards.

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #58 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:39:19 »
Apple IIc!

It's cool seeing a lot of other people had the Apple II for their first computer too!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 05:07:25 by dustinhxc »

Offline Zanjetsu

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:54:35 »
Mine came with the Dell PC. It lasted me for 7 years before I gave it to my brother  :D

Offline Ravenbutt

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 17:55:27 »
First keyboard was a simple Logitech rubber dome a few years back. My first mech was the CM Storm NovaTouch. Sorry I can't post any pictures as I'm on holiday right now, and frankly it's quite boring without different keycaps. Thanks!

Offline Corey

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:11:36 »
Here I am gearing up to post a photo of my Ducky Shine 3, when I remember my first keyboard was actually a SteelSeries Apex Raw. This was before I was aware of mechanical keyboards. What appealed to me about the keyboard was the RGB function. I paired it up with a SteelSeries Rival (which I still use) so I could change my color setup whenever I wanted. That keyboard lasted about 2 months before I purchased the Ducky, and I have never looked back.

Thanks for this opportunity Martin.

Offline jaxjax

• Jax
« Reply #62 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:16:21 »
My first keyboard would be one of these generic HP keyboard that comes with prebuilts PC haha: http://ebtx.com/comp/keyboard.jpg

However my first mechanical keyboard is a Ducky shine 3 with MX blues. :)
Hobbies: Mechanical keyboards/Retro game collecting

Offline pizza_is_a_lie

• * Maker
  • ISO Master Race
    • Paradigm
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:19:42 »
The first keyboard that I can call my own was affixed to a Sony VGN-BX61VN. My Dad actually won the laptop but gave it to me knowing that technology wasn't his thing. I still use the laptop, in fact. It's at my girlfriend's house running Xubuntu. It's the first machine that I dared to pull the keycaps off after one of them began sticking. That machine has been in my life for a solid 7 or 8 years now and I owe a lot to it!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:33:36 »
The first time I ever typed on a keyboard is an Apple //e which is in the school computer lab. I love the computer so much.
A few years later, my father bought me a clone Apple // computer and I started learning programming and got an interest in I.T.

When the IBM PC exploded into the industry, I worked part time while studying and earn enough to buy a Acer computer with intel 486. It came with this keyboard which is an alps clicky. The photo below is a photo of my keyboard, not taken from the internet.

A few later I have tried many keyboards including rubber domes. I really like those in ThinkPads but after using them a few years, I always find myself rummaging through my store to look for my trusty old Acer keyboard and continue using it. One day I began to be curious why this Acer keyboard is so good and what is the switch it was using and my research on Google took me to Geekhack!! I must have owned this keyboard for at least 20 years. Can you imagine that? That is how long I have kept and used a keyboard. I wonder if the HHKB can even last as long.

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:43:22 by Belfong »

Offline admiralvorian

• DIY
« Reply #65 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:44:55 »
I won a hkp giveaway so I'm not entering this one, just wanted to say good luck everyone!
Darude Status:
☐ Not Sandstorm
☑ Sandstorm                                               wts wtt wtb

Offline Cany0n

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:49:57 »

My first keyboard was a Microsoft Sidewinder X4

Actually a pretty decent keyboard, obviously still a rubberdome though, so it had to go!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:52:41 by Cany0n »

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #67 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 18:59:43 »

learned how to program on one of those.  it's amazing what you could accomplish with only 64K of memory!

« Reply #68 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:01:36 »
(Attachment Link)

I loved that keyboard! Used it at work and, when I replaced it, at home with the Wii (back when my only computer that could connect to the Internet was the Wii).

Yeah it was pretty great for surfing the web while I was sitting on my couch.

(Attachment Link)

this was also my (big purchase $)keyboard, it was pretty terrible at times with the lag when i was playing WoW

The lag was definitely a problem sometimes, though for  me it was Starcraft instead of WoW.

Offline Permeability

« Reply #69 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 19:53:30 »
The Dell AT101W!

I have it lying around somewhere but I stole this picture..  :p

Keyboards:
'The Cheat' - lubed 62g Clears
Ducky Shine 3 TKL lubed 45g Reds (Work)

Offline Butter

« Reply #70 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:18:40 »
My first keyboard I own was from Bestbuy. I don't even remember the name of it, all I remember was I pay 10 buck for it and each time it get too dirty I just throw it away and buy another one. My first mechanical keyboard was corsair k90 with blue LED. It work perfect for 3 years till I spilled coke on it 4 months ago. Now I own 4 keyboard and an very unhappy wallet.

Offline ubibaba742

« Reply #71 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:49:43 »
Show Image

Loved that keyboard, I had the scroll wheel on the side mapped to control volume and thought it was so badass  :))

HOLY COW!!!! THATS THE BOARD!!!

I haven't seen that keyboard in a decade! Mine was the ANSI layout, but I mapped my scroll wheel to volume control as well! You just made my day :D

So for the contest, my first fond memories of any keyboard came from the one above, so here's my first mech!

Got this just over 2 months ago and I absolutely love it. MX Reds on this here Ducky DK9008. Turquoise Meowcap for the escape and a Smoke w/ Red Eyes Raven from HKP on Scroll Lock.

Cheers all!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:53:06 by ubibaba742 »

Offline ice31000

• Just a block of ice on a journey of clacking.
« Reply #72 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 20:51:26 »
First keyboard I ever had was a beige off-brand rubber dome keyboard. Very,veeeeeeeeeeeeery bad.
iceyy

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #73 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:22:25 »
i don't remember the first keyboard i used, but the first mechanical keyboard i purchased when i just learned about mechanical switches was a $30 POS board with MX Browns. it was really bulky with a credit card reader in the front, but boy did it feel like sex.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline icedogg

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:26:06 »
Honestly can't remember my "first" keyboard. But I do recall my first mechanical keyboard. Was a couple years ago. Forgot where I stumbled upon them, but ended up buying a switch tester from WASD I believe. Found out I wanted to try blues as my first one. So I got a CoolerMaster QuickFire Rapid Blues

Got a bit crazy into the novelties. Took the case apart & plasti-dipped it red. Brought to a LAN party last year and got a ton of compliments on it. Sadly my small dog got on my computer table when I was gone one weekend and had an "accident" on it, so it had to be replaced. Have gotten a couple more boards since then and have acquired a handful of artisans as well. Think I'm hooked :) :cool:
QFR Greens - Unicorn Vomit....'
KB v60 Blues - Miami
*Join the Clicky Bangwagon...*

(>^.^)> Wanna Trade!? <(^.^<)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #75 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:29:43 »
My first mechanical was a Ducky Zero with mx reds, my first keyboard was some rubber dome that came with my hp computer a while ago :p

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:37:35 »
When I was 12, I finally convinced my parents to buy a computer.
it was a crappy HP 486dx, and our neighbor came over to help set it all up for us.
and he saw the keyboard that came with it, and said... "this has got to go."
he then said he would be back in just a minute. he came back with a model M keyboard.
he said that it was much better and we could just have it.
I remember him telling me that he had taken it apart to put Red LED's inside.
but that was my first keyboard that I ever owned.
I wish I still had it.

I wonder what ever happened to that guy.

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #77 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:49:03 »
The first keyboard I can recall buying myself was a wireless Microsoft keyboard that I bought while stationed over in Germany. It wasn't mechanical, it had to have direct line of sight to work. I ended up breaking it in a dumb fit of rage due to the fact it wasn't working well. My little area in the room was covered in keycaps lol. While enlightened, I haven't what some would say fully ascended as I have had the pleasure of trying any topre yet.  :thumb:
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline choiboi

• * Destiny Supporter
  • B I G B O Y S
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 22:51:01 »
Huh, I actually still have mine:

Some old 한글 rubberdome.
Found it in my attic; surprisingly clean :thumb:

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #79 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:01:20 »
My first keyboard was an IBM model M that I got when I was about 6 or 7 years old(I'm 24 now). My dad come into the house one fine day, with this huge box and says there's another one too, my little brother and I were curious thinking we just got a Nintendo. Turns out he bought us a computer with a version of Windows I don't remember and this keyboard that was white and huge. We boot it up and we just lost our minds. We used to play this game called bonkheads. We loved that game :') anyways when we moved we got a new computer as a present and it came with a ****ty membrane that didn't click and clack and we never really liked it. We loved the model m because if either one of us got up to play the other one would wake up to the sound of clacking. That is why when I got a chance to get the ssk that I have, I jumped. I let my brother use it now and he still says we should go find a copy of bonkheads.

Tldr, my first love was a Model M.
Rapid-I||Ducky Mini||'87 Model M SSK||Goldtouch 0077
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline infamouslife7314

« Reply #80 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:03:28 »
My first keyboard was an HP grey with blue-ish accents that came with my computer. I used it for about 4 years until I switched too laptops for a while. I just remember being really confused because I had never seen any media keys on a keyboard before that and thought that I would have to program them to work. Thankfully I didn't have too. It was just some crappy rubber dome that probably wouldn't even muster up enough energy to come to life today but she sure was a trooper while we were together. But my first mechanical was a completely different story. I had bought a new Corsair K70 rgb with browns and it was beautiful. The tactile-ness of the keys was amazing compared to my Macbook Pro. I have now seen 2 keyboards come and go and have "settled" on a QFR with browns for the time being. (I have the Ducky Shine 4 community edition from massdrop ordered and I can't wait for that)
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:15:09 by infamouslife7314 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #81 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:12:46 »
Disk Smith System 80, which was basically a TRS-80 compatible, but with a built-in cassette recorder and an output port that could connect to an S100 expansion unit.

I seem to recall that some keys were missing from the keyboard (probably when compared to the TRS-80, but it was so long ago I can't remember what they were), so I added a couple of extra push button switches next to the two gray switches.  Worked well :)

Note: The picture is not mine.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #82 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:15:54 »
Ayyy! My first board was a Zowie Celeritas. I got into mechanical keyboards through being interested in Starcraft 2 progaming scene. The korean team Startale was sponsored by Zowie (who eventually sponsored KT Rolster as well), and they used those boards.

Really nice feel, though they had a big ass enter key. The nylon keys have a sound kind of like POM caps, very deep sounding. Had all MX Brown but MX black for the spacebar, which I actually ended up liking a lot.

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #83 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 23:36:10 »
My first keyboard that I actually bought was Razer Lycosa. I had no knowledge about keyboards so I bought something that looked cool, and it had issues....Keys randomly got stuck and I had to pull usb port and plug it in again to make it work for random period of time. I was a poor college student so I had to do that for about a year until I get Logitech's G710+ refurbished for 80 dollar.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #84 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 02:32:57 »
This was the first keyboard I ever fell in love with <3 This was before my razer era...
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 02:34:40 by Vadurr »

Offline Sencha

• HHKB Pro
  • MX Reds <3
« Reply #85 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 02:52:17 »
My first keyboard

a Spectrum +2

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:06:10 »
This was my first keyboard a Compaq! Was so long ago.  :D

Offline cinnamoncider

• Thorpies are snappy
  • No clack; no life.
« Reply #87 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 03:21:10 »
My first keyboard was a cheap A4Tech rubber dome on membrane keyboard.

Below that is my first mechanical keyboard - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Browns with blue LEDs.

Offline tinymakesthings

• staytuned
    • Check out my stuff here!
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:06:17 »
As far as I can remember, my first keyboard was one that was attached to the Toshiba laptop that was shared amongst my siblings and I (chiclet style). I'm pretty sure we don't even have that ol' brick around anymore. My first mechanical was a Ducky Shine 4 because I wanted to go big for my first purchase.

Offline -pineapple-

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:30:21 »
Pretty sure it was some kind of Dell kb [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline feeder

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 04:53:26 »
The first keyboard I bought, a sidwinder x6!

Offline kl52

« Reply #91 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 10:48:31 »
The first keyboard I bought was a Logitech rubberdome. My first mechanical keyboard is the WASD V2 MX blue. One of the earliest keyboards I've used was this one: a BTC 53 series.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:05:39 by kl52 »

Offline animal

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 11:12:42 »

When the IBM PC exploded into the industry, I worked part time while studying and earn enough to buy a Acer computer with intel 486. It came with this keyboard which is an alps clicky. The photo below is a photo of my keyboard, not taken from the internet.

Show Image

Ha! I knew there was something different in those Acer boards! Boy I had like 3-4 of those (any Acer sold in Northern Greece passed our computer shop) I really enjoyed typing on those. They did have their distinct sound. And heavy boards. IIRC they had 2 metal plates with 3 nylons sheets in between under the switches. I revived about a dozen of them after water got spilled on them. I truely have great memories of those boards. The only downside of those boards was that they couldn't take too many punches after long Doom sessions :D , hence I had 3-4 of them. If I knew that they were gems, I'd still have one...

Offline ntw

« Reply #93 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:11:43 »
the first keyboard that i bought is a Microsoft Sidewinder X4 which I promptly sold off after i found out about mechanical keyboards and got a Ducky Zero TKL.
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline Lokomotivet

• (⌐■_■)
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:28:49 »
Martin, if you REALLY wanna know what kind of keyboard was my first one then here it goes..

I'm serious.
The picture doesn't exactly sum up the product that I had as a little kid but I remember it being in blue and yellow colors. There was no mouse and it made funny noises when I pressed the buttons, but I can't remember what type of switch it was. :confused:

I have probably used around hundreds of different rubber dome keyboards.. My last one was this Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 before I bought my first mechanical keyboard which was the Logitech G710+.

I still keep it in my shelf!

Thanks for hosting this cool giveaway! :cool:

Edit: resized the first image.
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:04:41 by Lokomotivet »
| ISO |

Offline dmortel

« Reply #95 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 12:37:16 »
Had a bunch of membranes, and a devastator.  First real keyboard buy though was the K70. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline happyturtlee

« Reply #96 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:03:43 »
Well the first keyboard I owned myself was a mechanical keyboard! I made fun of my friend for spending so much money on plastic and ended up getting into it as well when I tried his out :D Then another friend offered me his Logitech G710+ for cheap and it all went downhill from there. RIP MY WALLET.

Offline dohbot

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:06:45 »
My first mechanical keyboard was my Max Keyboard Blackbird. Here is a picture.
That GHer who likes sloths... A lot.

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #98 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 13:23:47 »
My first keyboard

a Spectrum +2

Show Image

I remember those...
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline Edmundoh

« Reply #99 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:46:39 »
First board I came to own as my own was a Sidewinder X4, a great board as far as rubber domes go.

Not my photo unfortunately

As for my first mechanical though, I dove right in for a 60% and got myself a Ducky Mini a couple of years ago now.

Full album here - http://imgur.com/a/B1axh

Here she is today

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:10:55 »
The first keyboard I ever purchased myself was a KBParadise V80.

http://imgur.com/y90LM7K

Offline lolpes

« Reply #101 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:54:34 »
This was my first keyboard and it is still around, although it is just gathering more dust cD

Hp kb-0133 in all its glory!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:56:31 »

Show Image

Ha! I knew there was something different in those Acer boards! Boy I had like 3-4 of those (any Acer sold in Northern Greece passed our computer shop) I really enjoyed typing on those. They did have their distinct sound. And heavy boards. IIRC they had 2 metal plates with 3 nylons sheets in between under the switches. I revived about a dozen of them after water got spilled on them. I truely have great memories of those boards. The only downside of those boards was that they couldn't take too many punches after long Doom sessions :D , hence I had 3-4 of them. If I knew that they were gems, I'd still have one...

I played a lot of Doom and Quake on that Acer keyboard. What do you mean it can't take any punches?  :p :p
yeah, I missed it a lot sometimes - I think I need to get myself a Matias clicky board!!!

Offline Hellcatz

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:10:51 »
My first keyboard was a corsair k70. My second is a poker 2. My third is a gon nerd crystal. Wish i could progress like that with a girlfriend

Offline PK

• TF2 is a game
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 19:58:02 »
The first keyboard I bought myself and my first mech, a Ducky G2 Pro with browns. Still have it and still love it even if it isn't my daily driver anymore.
Ducky G2 Pro || Novatouch || Custom TKL "PK85" || Lustro 60%

Offline Tsuruya

« Reply #105 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:24:53 »
Thank you Martin for running these giveaways and also inspiring me to take a look at what's inside my first keyboard xP The SK-8110 was coupled with an Optiplex which was also my first personal computer.

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:29:22 by Tsuruya »

Offline Dongulator

« Reply #106 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 00:04:19 »
This is not my picture. But this is the first keyboard I remember using and remember typing in commands to play games. Ahh the memories.

Offline fabian101

• Cardbox
« Reply #107 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 00:36:05 »

My first keyboard that I bought specifically to "game" with was the Logitech G11.
Used it for many years and it still works, however I prefer my Ducky Legend or FC660C now.  ;D
Had to look for it in the basement, glad that I managed to find it for a quick shot.
[WTB] Nothing For Now

Ducky Legend + Invisible FC660C

Offline IMBoddy

« Reply #108 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 00:46:50 »
My First Keyboard aside from stealing my schools keyboard from the dumpster but that died a long time ago.

Offline hjc1710

« Reply #109 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 00:51:06 »
So, I really don't remember what my first keyboard is... at all. I was apparently using computers by the age of 3, and we didn't have any cool old school keyboards when I was growing up, so nothing was kept.

What I do remember is my first "mechanical" keyboard, a Das v1 Ultimate (I know now it was just rubber dome, but I thought it was mechanical back then). It was given to me like 6 years ago, by now. A friend of mine got it from his uncle, who said he couldn't use it because the keys were blank, so my friend tried to use it, and he also found it wasn't for him. Knowing I loved computers and was a skilled typist in CompSci, he gave it to me. I thought it was a cool novelty for a little while, but just ignored it and continued to use my obnoxious Logitech G15 keyboard with full color LCD screen and 18 macro keys. But then one day I started having issues with Windows. Thinking the Logitech drivers might be at fault, I decided to try the Das out... and fell in love. I remember it being very enjoyable to type on and a badass keyboard, in general. After that experience, I never stopped using it. One day, I accidentally got some water into the board though, and it was broken permanently. Some small drop got through (I did as thorough a cleaning job as I could) and it started giving out ghost keypresses like crazy, so I had to throw it away :(. This was before I got into mechs or knew about hardware.

But, what this story did lead to was me getting my first real mechanical at my current job. When I was starting here, I was asked what equipment I wanted. I had normally worked remote, so this was new, but I knew I loved using a Das, so I demanded a Das Keyboard, at least one with Browns! My boss obliged and got me an Ultimate with Browns, v3 (incidentally, after my board arrived, he and a coworker tried it out, instantly fell in love, and he ordered a board for each of them :))). Eventually, that lead me to /r/mk and custom sets, then artisans, then to GH... and here I am today. With far too many input devices for my PC's... but only keyboards, heaven forbid I buy a mouse :rolleyes:...

Anyway, here's a pic of a Das v1, the thing that got me started:

Thanks for putting together such an awesome giveaway martin. The new designs are really awesome!!!
Filco Majestouch II (B) | Poker II (BR) | Cherry G80-11900 (BLK) | Das V3 (BR) | RS84 (soon...)

Granite | Skull Squadron | Deep Space | Raindrop R2 | Hyperfuse GMK (soon...)

Offline leesofi

• super lurking
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 01:41:10 »
super lurking again-
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 07:04:54 by leesofi »

Bro Caps AI:MKII prototype Alu BroBot V2 MX
Clack Factory ICE Test-Sample #J11TG-s5A

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 04:38:59 »
Hope I'm no too late !

The first keyboard I really liked was the low profile laptop like logitech keyboard. Ultra x, cool name as well !
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #112 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 05:17:54 »
also hope im not too late to enter, can;''t remember my first keyboard but my first mech was the zalman k300 about 2 and a bit years ago this :)

My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Leimi

« Reply #113 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:00:35 »
Found in a dark place of my appartment the first keyboard I used heh. Used it.. quite a lot. Especially the spacebar.

Offline Cameron

« Reply #114 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:40:13 »
My first mechanical keyboard was an IBM Model M. If only I still had it today stored somewhere =\ I had it when I was a kid.

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
« Reply #115 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:50:45 »
My first keyboard I think might have been this IBM chicklet, but I honestly can't remember that far back clearly enough lol.

My first mech was a Logitech G710+

Offline The feel is of the keys!

• Click
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 06:57:02 »

Show Image

Those were the days...

I really want to learn how to use the Commodore 64 that was passed down to me, but I don't think that the floppies work for it anymore D=

Offline Bronte J.

« Reply #117 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 07:20:36 »
Just spent most of the last hour trying to find the old keyboard that I use so I can take a picture of it. Just moved house so no luck finding it.
But first computer was a old windows 98 that my parents got. At the time I have no idea what it was because computers were so new and didn't even know how to log in. Parents didn't know either because they were Chinese and knew little English at the time so the computer just sat there for a whole year until I stated grade 3 where we had a computer in the classroom. Then I learnt to log in. And all I didn't was play Solitaire and minesweeper. Anyway, enough about my first computer. First keyboard was one of those white and grey IMB keyboards but I can't find the keyboard so no picture :(
Thank you for doing this giveaway. I'm in Australia so I don't know if I made the time frame or not but good luck to all!

Offline exiarc

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 12:04:38 »
To be quite honest, I really enjoyed typing on this keyboard. Maybe once I get myself a mechanical that will change. Nonetheless, it's nostalgic but most importantly I learned how to type properly with this keyboard.

The keyboard is Gateway's 7405 keyboard.

Offline Dingonek

« Reply #119 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 21:45:44 »
My first keyboard was a Razer Blackwidow with Cherry MX Blues.  I now own a Poker II with MX Browns as well as a Leopold FC660C, which has 45g Topre switches.  Thanks for the giveaway :)

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #120 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 22:04:34 »

Used to use it almost everyday! I've tried to keep it nice

Offline Myk!

« Reply #121 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 22:30:15 »
My 1st keyboard Compaq KB-0133

When mechanical keyboard was introduced to me last year, I immediately thought I have it because one of mechanical keyboard's characteristic is its weight. This keyboard weighs almost 1 kg.

Offline dwk396

• asdf1234
« Reply #122 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 22:46:58 »

Show Image

When mechanical keyboard was introduced to me last year, I immediately thought I have it because one of mechanical keyboard's characteristic is its weight. This keyboard weighs almost 1 kg.

1kg!!!OMG lol

Offline Myk!

« Reply #123 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:01:29 »

Show Image

1kg!!!OMG lol

Yup! Made of thick plastic housing :D

Keyboard is still working and on PS2 connection.
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 July 2015, 00:08:09 by Myk! »

Offline very1

« Reply #124 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 01:20:15 »
This was honestly my first keyboard:

I had my first computer access in 1995 I think. I was only 4 years old, and I learned to read with a computer program. Everything about my computer was IBM, the case, the monitor (I think), the printer and the power bar thing.

Sadly, I don't know what happened to the keyboard. I'm sure it's laying around somewhere in an attic, but I'm not near my parents place and I can't get at it :(

Offline martinyeah

« Reply #125 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 02:41:15 »
Thank you for all of your participation and support, WINNERS will announce soon

Offline Corey

« Reply #126 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 04:36:11 »

Gotta stay up gotta stay up.

Are you also announcing the Reddit one? (Or are we all in the same prize pool).

Offline Myk!

« Reply #127 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 05:03:39 »

No. Thank you sir for the opportunity.

Cant wait for the announcement  :D

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 10:15:19 »

Offline martinyeah

Re: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""
« Reply #129 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:23:31 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Offline lolpes

Re: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! &quot;&quot;WINNERS ANNOUNCED&quot;&quot;
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:25:32 »
One day i will win my first artisan :) but not today -.-' congrats to the winners and thank you for doing this Martinyeah ;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:26:26 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Congratulations guys :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #132 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 03:32:07 »
Awesome! Thanks so much Martin! I've got some boards waiting for it!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #133 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:06:58 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Whoa! Awesome!!!
Thank you Martin! :) :)

Offline rm-rf

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:15:49 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

thank you!
so excited to win something!
this makes me happy!

i would also like to say thank you to everyone for sharing their stories. it has been a great read!

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:41:23 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Holy cat, I've won! Thanks! And congrats to the rest!

Offline lolpes

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:48:40 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Holy cat, I've won! Thanks! And congrats to the rest!

Congrats dude ;) hope to see some pics of the cap :D

Offline Heliobb

« Reply #137 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 06:00:03 »
Lucky people.
Novatouch TKL - Leopold FC660C - PBT my life.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #138 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 06:45:59 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Yay! Congrats to all of the winners :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline animal

« Reply #139 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 07:14:00 »
Congrats to the winners! Thanks Martinyeah!

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #140 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 08:41:00 »
Thanks alot Martin! Never thought I'd win. Woohoo!!
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline Myk!

« Reply #141 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 09:16:41 »
Congrats guys! So much luck in your favor  :D

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #142 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:00:50 »
congrats to the winners! ;D
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #143 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 10:07:06 »
Grats to everyone!  :)

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #144 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 14:13:05 »

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Oh wow I've never won a giveaway before! Messaged you Martin.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #145 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 15:27:45 »
congrats guys!

Offline Belfong

« Reply #146 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 09:08:23 »
You guys received any PM from Martin yet?

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #147 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 11:09:52 »
You guys received any PM from Martin yet?

Nope, not in a huge rush though personally
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #148 on: Mon, 13 July 2015, 22:52:19 »
Not yet, I figure he'll hit us a pm eventually. He has a massive amount of orders for his last 2 sales to deal with. I'll just sit patiently waiting for all my stuff to come in
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline martinyeah

« Reply #149 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 12:26:32 »
"Updated 15 July" - I already PM'ed all the Winners, sorry for the late PM.

Offline iceman1925

« Reply #150 on: Tue, 14 July 2015, 12:49:31 »
No worries man, thanks for the giveaway!
reddit.com/u/iceman1925

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #151 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 17:31:57 »
Little late, as I received the package a couple days ago, but here it is! Thanks again to martin, it's really a quality piece of merchandise, and I feel honored to own an exclusive!

demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.