Author Topic: [IC] Premium Hope75 Keyboard Kit Group Buy in 5 Days---Variations and Pricing  (Read 37159 times)

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers
Hi Everyone,

GREAT NEWS! Thank you to everyone for loving the Hope 75 keyboard. After a few months of effort, the Hope 75 Gasket Mount Keyboard Kit is finally ready for you all. Thank you for your patience and suggestion.

Hope75 Gasket Mount Keyboard Kit

The Hope75 keyboard kit is a premium gasket-mounted keyboard kit. It is designed to be screwless with a unique internal locking plus an external locking fixing method.

Both the PCB and the plate have been designed with many flexes cuts to ensure a soft typing feel and premium typing sound experience. No worries, they won't affect the strength of the PCB and plate since we have tested a lot.

The weight of the Hope75 keyboard is fixed in a through-through way. And we adopt the magnetic footpad to cover-up the screws to avoid the incongruity of extra screw holes. It makes the surface of the keyboard look tidy and clean and easier to disassemble the kit.

We are working hard to handle all details, only hope it can let you have a more good experience.

Hope75 Album:

Hope75 X  Keyboard kit Render
Hope75 X keyboard kit prototypes photos-----Red+Black Case with PVD Gold Brass Weight Update
Hope75 S Keyboard kit Render
Hope S 75 keyboard kit prototypes photos update----Blue+Black Case with PVD Gold Brass Weight Update

Default Specifications:
* Screwless design
* 6063 Alu case
* Gasket Mount
* 6° Typing Angle
* Type-C
* Wired
* Hotswap PCB with USB-C daughterboard
* PC plate(flex cut design)
* QMK/VIA Supported Hotswap PCB
* ANSI Layout
* Support PCB stabilizers
* Poron Dampening pads
* Hope75 keyboard kit Dimensions
Extra Soldered PCB: ANSI and IOS Layout

Streamers/YouTubers:

Alexotos:Hope75 X White Gold (Alu)

Keybored:Hope75 S Black Gold (PVD Brass Weight)  Schedule: April 23th

Bored bear: Hope75 X White+Black Gold (Alu)

NearLucid: Hope75 X Black Gold (Alu) Schedule: This Week

Clackbait: Hope75 X Red+Black Gold (PVD Brass Weight) Schedule: Early May

mechmerlin:  Hope75 S Blue+Black Gold (PVD Brass Weight)

We disagree with mechmerlin review but in order to make sure there is full transparency with our products. We will keep this review here. Ultimately, we want our consumers to feel comfortable with their decision to buy or not buy. Thanks

Hope75 Gasket Mount Keyboard Kit Group Buy Information

Product Upgrade
* The default pad between switches and PCB is changed to PE foam due to your vote
* There are 2 different kinds of hex wrenches that will be included in order to let you have a good building experience.
* We will add more magnetic to the footpad to make it stronger.

Variations and Pricing:

- Hope75 X

- Hope75 S

Quantity limited:

Hope75 X&Hope75 S Alu Weight---500 kits softcap worldwide split amongst every vendor

Hope75 X&Hope75 S PVD Brass Weight----500 kits hardcap worldwide split amongst every vendor

Estimated GB time: The specific time of Vendors is different, please check your nearby one

* Hope75 X GB time: April 25th- May 11th

* Hope75 S GB time: April 29th-May 16th

Vendors list:

- US: DeskHero

- CA: DeskHero

- EU: Mykeyboard

- UK: Proto[Typist]

- Oceania: Daily clack

- Japan: Basekeys

- Philippines: Zion Studios

- Rest of the world:  Velocifire

We will upload the direct GB page when available, so please stay tuned!

Estimated Delivery:  October 2022  (the delivery time of the vendor is estimated to be a little later)

Please fill up this IC Form.

Follow these channels for more future updates:
Instagram
Discord Server

Feel free to comment here, thanks.

« Last Edit: Tue, 19 July 2022, 11:00:32 by john08099 »
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline hali

• hali.studio
Re: [IC] Premium Hope75 Keyboard Kit Update- New Layout design
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 20:36:11 »
just update the last thread

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 06 December 2021, 23:09:01 »
I like this a lot! I've been wanting a premium board with subtle LED. Great job.

Offline Stilou Studio

• Formerly Seo
  • Danish Designed Keyboards
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 07 December 2021, 02:26:26 »
Looks a bit like the 7v?
GLWIC

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 16:16:29 »
Looks nice.

So layout 1 is with a RGB light strip on the back?

Offline mozaic

• [IG] Mozaic
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 17:30:19 »
How IC threads to you need for one board? this has got to be against some rule right?

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 17:33:12 »
Proto pictures? Exploded view of all the layers would be useful.

Offline LMarci

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 03 January 2022, 17:33:58 »
Looks nice, but you could just update the old post you know

Offline alper_maestro

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 19 January 2022, 14:19:32 »
Any updates with real pictures and sound test coming?

Offline john08099

• Velocifire MK
  • * Vendor
    • Mechanical keyboards for typers
Any updates with real pictures and sound test coming?
Hi there, we are glad to come back to you with updates so soon!
We worked out a black Hope S with brass gold PVD weight prototype and a black Hope X with gold Alu Weight prototype. And we have sent them to content creators. Please stay tuned for the latest posts with the YouTube video and build stream links.
Velocifire Website: https://www.velocifiretech.com/
E-mail: John@velocifiretech.com
Make Typing Better | Velocifire

Offline superjackie

niceee. looking forward to the reviews!

Offline WhatsForLunch

Does the screwless design cause the switches to hit the top and cause the assembled pcb and plate to not be removable without removing the switches around the screw spots?

Offline Michelle Obama

does this have a soft cap?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Offline Wham Brothers

love the clean PVD finish on the back with no screw design. ;D ;D ;D

Offline superjackie

What are the dimensions for Hope S? The link above only shows dimensions of Hope X. Does Hope75 have any lighting or RGB? Thanks!

Offline Pensa73

If you wanted a shinier brass weight, you could have checked if your manufacturer can do bead blasting. This PVD finish looks a little odd imo, almost like anodized aluminium.

Offline superjackie

« Last Edit: Wed, 13 April 2022, 10:14:15 by superjackie »

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
For those wondering what I said to get velocifire to specifically call out that they disagree with me you can watch the whole vid here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1469877552

But in general my remarks were that on unboxing it felt like a cheaper Jelly Epoch from the packaging, to the qc, all the way to the feel of the board. I don't know if that is what the intention was but from the get go that was the vibe I was getting. I'd love to hear what exactly Velocifire disagrees with as I try to keep an open mind about these things.

However I really loved the shade of blue they used and would love to see other products even outside of Velocifire use this. With that said, my remarks are simply from the unboxing experience. I may change my tune once the board is built we'll see.

I'll be building the Hope 75 on https://www.twitch.tv/mechmerlin tonight 7:30 PM PDT. Come by to hear my thoughts and opinions.

Offline Botty212

For those wondering what I said to get velocifire to specifically call out that they disagree with me you can watch the whole vid here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1469877552

But in general my remarks were that on unboxing it felt like a cheaper Jelly Epoch from the packaging, to the qc, all the way to the feel of the board. I don't know if that is what the intention was but from the get go that was the vibe I was getting. I'd love to hear what exactly Velocifire disagrees with as I try to keep an open mind about these things.

However I really loved the shade of blue they used and would love to see other products even outside of Velocifire use this. With that said, my remarks are simply from the unboxing experience. I may change my tune once the board is built we'll see.

I'll be building the Hope 75 on https://www.twitch.tv/mechmerlin tonight 7:30 PM PDT. Come by to hear my thoughts and opinions.
Lets see how your impressions are, after the build. Since that is the most important thing about a board in my opinion, since it combines someones impression of the board as a whole instead of looking at a certain thing and judging the whole board because of it.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
Reporting back in! I got the board built last night!

285902-0

Switches: Gateron KS3 lubed with 205g0
PCB Foam: EVA
Plate Foam: None
Case Foam: Poron
Switches: Geekark 9009 Reverse Cangjie

Here are updates following the unboxing. Basically after 1 hour of built ownership.

Bad Things
1. Feet magnets aren't strong enough and fell off several times during build. At one point one even just fell off on its own.
2. Ribbon cables are still not good IMO but it's only a pain during the build process. My recommendation is to remove the the PCB from the weight and test the board that way. Do be careful when holding the weight and screwing the pcb back in. If you wait to test the board until everything is put together, you'll have a fun time removing all 16 screws again just to get to the PCB.
3. Even with the poron light diffuser, there is still quite a bit of light leakage around the logo. Can probably be fixed with some electrical tape.
4. Case foam has plenty of cutouts to accommodate the hotswap sockets. However there are no holes specific for the ribbon cables to be threaded thru. In fact the holes on the case are covered by the case foam.
5. Velocifire repeatedly stressed to follow the plate file labeling for the different gasket zones. Plate file was for a different plate than what was sent to me, and the gaskets sent had labels that weren't even on the plate file. No biggie, it's relatively easy to match the gasket lengths with the tabs on plate.
6. You cannot have all the switches in place when assembling the case. Specifically the left/down arrow and pgup/dn keys. Not a big deal as this is common on many seamless designs. I've seen this on both the GHS.RAR and the Nyaong 75. However, unlike those two boards, the problem is when you go back to put in switches. The switches end up have a corner resting on the screw receptacle. See pictures

285896-1285898-2

I have tested with Gateron KS3, JWK Alpacas, Durock POMs, and Tecsee Diamonds. All but the Tecsee fit like the pictures. The Tecsee couldn't even go sit in the plate properly.

This is very noticeable without the keycaps, but once they are on, you won't notice unless you are looking for it. You'll also feel it when you type on those specific keys as you will feel a very harsh bottom out on the corners that the switch is resting on the screw receptacle.

The fix is to cut the corners of your switches. Don't cut too much because you might mess up the top enough to introduce wobble.

285900-3

Neutral Things
1. My Hope 75s is built with EVA foam and poron case foam only (Audience Voting). This led to a very okay-ish sound profile for me.  EVA tends to round out the Jelly sound more than PE foam. It's not the best sounding board, and I really was expecting more but I suppose I could change it out to PE in the future for something better.

Good Things
1. That blue is gorgeous, it's probably the nicest blue board I currently own.
2. Typing feel was great. I was very skeptical about it as I typically do not like overly flexible boards. With all the flex cuts and ~1.1mm thick PCB, I was worried that it would just be too much for me. The board actually feels very very comfortable to type on. Great typing experience.
3. Having a symmetrical F13 layout is very aesthetically pleasing
4. Very good looking board, probably one of the nicer looking 75s I've seen in quite awhile
5. RGB strip is a very nice touch. The diffusion method is pretty darn near perfect.

Conclusion
I think the board is actually pretty decent. I love how it types and this is in my opinion one of the best looking 75s I've seen this year. However, I still can't shake the vibe that it's a cheaper Jelly Epoch copy. While the board looks excellent when built, on the inside it seems that a lot of shortcuts were taken, from the design to the manufacturing. They've implemented correctly a lot of what the Jelly Epoch did great, but the extras they threw in (except the RGB) seem rather not as well thought out.

A viewer asked if I would consider this board premium and if the prices it was being sold at make it a good deal. I would argue that because of point 6 in the bad things list, I cannot associate it with the word premium. The last time I had to modify a switch to make it work with a keyboard was converting 5 pin to 3 pin. One could argue that is no where near as destructive as what I had to do with the 4 switches on the Hope. Once again, this is all in the build phase, so once you actually do the build, and clip your switches, nothing to worry about. But because I am an enthusiast and I love to build and rebuild boards on a regular basis, this issue actually makes me enjoy the board a whole lot less. Knowing what I know now, I feel this board is a fantastic value and great price point at $359 (maybe a little cheaper would be better). But at $459, in my opinion not even that fancy PVD coated brass weight can outweigh the drawbacks.

Offline Iksion

Thank you, Merlin :thumb:
KBD75v1 | Kira | Melody96 | TX75v2 | TX-CP | hbcp | Keycult No.2 rev.1 | NK65 | Duck Octagon v3 | Percent Volt | TX65v2 | KY-01 | Sunsetter | Mr. Suit | J-01 | Dolphin 2021 | Phase One 65 | KBD8x Mark ii

Offline Evasive

Thanks for the honest, comprehensive review Merlin. Respect!

Offline soundstage

Pls make a F13 TKL version of this keeb!