Author Topic: Probably the world first custom keyboard equipped with Cherry MX slient black  (Read 5181 times)

Offline tonykwon79

As far as I know, this is the world first custom keyboard equipped with Cherry MX slient black key switches. The 4th quarter of 2016, I became known that Cherry release MX slient switches, which are red and black. Keyboard enthusiasts could get MX silent red only with Corsair Strafe model for the time being. Of course, I was very interested in Strafe which has RGB silent red switches at that time.

At the end of the last year, the Corsair's exclusive license of MX silent red switches is expired, and Filco and Leopold release MX silent red keyboard in the market which are non-RGB version. I could get Leopold FC750R immediately. To me, it is very impressive switches. My wife also loves it due to less noise than other clicky switches.

After this time, I searched which kind of Cherry silent switches are available, and I found that they have black and red. I tried to get silent black, but it is totally difficult to get it from the international market. Only Cherry brand keyboard has silent black in the market, but it is also not easy to get it in Korea. Then, I contact Cherry customer service in Germany. We had emails in my queries and their answers. Unexpectedly, Cherry offer me sending some silent black switches without any cost!

I could get approx. 140 pcs of silent black switches at the beginning of April. Simultaneously, I ordered KBD75 custom keyboard aluminum housing through Taobao, China.

This is the baby!

Regarding KBD75 hosing, I could give 8 out of 10. Its quality is fair enough, but I could easily feel that this is China quality. Of course, Chinese products has better quality than the past few years. They are really growing honestly. Finished color is also satisfied and fully accpetable. However, I found that LED on PCB has broken. I got new PCB from the seller, and it still has some problem. However, I am not sure it is about PCB issue itself. I am now trying to solve it out.

Typing sound and feeling is just same with silent red, but as we know that pressing force is different. It is not necessary to talk about the difference of red and black switches. We all know the differences. If you really like to have black switches, and take care of noise problem, MX silent black is the one of the best choice.

Regrettably, I don't see any seller to ditch this switches at their shop at this moment.

Special tanks to Schertl Sigrid from Cherry who is very supportive and kind to me to get to know of MX silent black switches.
You are really great to me.
« Last Edit: Tue, 02 May 2017, 03:07:40 by tonykwon79 »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
Mmmm dat bokeh nice.

I expected the board to be a little bit quieter actually.

How do the silent blacks feel?
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Now I want them even more. Looks like I'll have to email them too :rolleyes:

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
Definitely not the first. Looks pretty cool, though.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline phosphoric

yeeeep. i've been wishing for 62 ever since i first saw them. just sent an email to info@cherry.de. hoping for a response. will update.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline tonykwon79

Mmmm dat bokeh nice.

I expected the board to be a little bit quieter actually.

How do the silent blacks feel?

required much force than other key switches as we know, but it is the most silent one.... I like this one...

Offline tonykwon79

I am not sure that Cherry could send samples again. I was very lucky at that time.

Offline tonykwon79

yeeeep. i've been wishing for 62 ever since i first saw them. just sent an email to info@cherry.de. hoping for a response. will update.

wish you luck to get the switches....

Offline tonykwon79

Anyone else who got the CUSTOM keyboard with MX silent black?

Offline Dreamre

• kbdlife

My KMAC2 has them  :D.

Offline tonykwon79

My KMAC2 has them  :D.

That is awesome...!!!!

Offline phosphoric

lmao. got an email back from a cherry rep with nothing but an automatic signature and a pdf copy of my original email.
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline quasistellar

What I want to see is a silent version of their silver switch. . .