Author Topic: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""  (Read 32354 times)

Offline martinyeah

#5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!! ""WINNERS ANNOUNCED""
« on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:27:52 »
"Updated 15 July" - I already PM'ed all the Winners, sorry for the late PM.

Congratulation to all the guys below :

#1  trenzafeeds
#2  flabbergast
#3  ImpendingxDoom
#4  Belfong
#5  rm-rf
#6  iceman1925

Thank you for all of your support :)

-- HotKeys Giveaway Time --

Can you tell us or show us your FIRST keyboard (even not mechanical keyboards). I will randomly give out lovely gifts as a token of appreciation for participation.

The Giveaway is "from now up to 10th July"

I will announce "6 winners on 11th July" , each winner will get 1 Special HotKeys (Not For Sale).

Good luck to all :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sun, 27 September 2015, 12:18:56 by martinyeah »

Offline martinyeah

Re: #5 HotKeys Giveaway Time!!!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:27:57 »

This is my first keyboard (not mechanical keyboard) round about more than 10 years ago, still runnung normal  :thumb:

(The old keyboard is more practical than the present one just like Nokia. LOL)

« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:41:50 by martinyeah »

Offline VivaGardner

• * Destiny Supporter
  • www.gboarding.com
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:32:00 »
Thanks Martin.  I'll be back  :eek:
Even good dogs go wild

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:34:38 »
First mechanical keyboard was a Das model s ultimate back in 2011! Always loved it since people would freak out about the letters not being on  the caps. Don't have the board anymore but will always remember it!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:35:40 »
My first keyboard was the Apple Extended Keyboard, which came with my old Macintosh SE!  Good times!

Thanks for the giveaway Martin!
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:35:49 »
Awesome! Thanks for the giveaway  :)

The first keyboard I ever got was a Logitech K120. Well...I didn't technically purchase it, my mom bought it for me out of the kindness of her heart  :-*

Have to admit, this keyboard has lasted a long, long time. It's been through a lot...almost all of college, many many gaming sessions, ragequits, etc. etc....

The first I remember purchasing was an Apple Wireless keyboard. This was my main "portable" keyboard throughout college. Before native Bluetooth HID support was a thing, I fondly remember rooting my Moto Droid just to install the needed files to get it working. I got quite a bunch of looks for using a keyboard with my phone. Even used it a few times to take notes during class...people looked at me odd then, but now we all use keyboards with iPads and whatnot.

Then there's the Razer Blackwidow I bought for my 21'st birthday. Mac layout...backlit...it was (and is) quite a special board to me. I'm actually selling it so I can get some cash for a HHKB, but that might be slightly unrelated. :blank:

Offline Toxic-i-

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:12 »
I´m old ....
My first Keyboard...
... Amiga 500   :D

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Thank you for the giveaway !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:03:03 by Toxic-i- »

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:16 »
My first keyboard was the old ****ty dell that came stock with Dell computers. Eventually we all migrated to laptops, but I still used that thing to play with games. I still used it up until 2 summers ago when I got my Razer BWU. Here is a picture of it :) :
Untitled by skurela, on Flickr

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:36:29 »
My first "keyboard" was actually a typewriter that I wrote on when I was about 5 years old. The typewriter was one that belonged to my Grandfather when he was a CBS reporter in the 50s and 60s. My mom has told me that my Grandfather would be up late typing pretty much every night, and that her and her siblings would fall asleep to the sound of the keys. I still own the typewriter in question, and I'll update with a picture if I can find it.
Thanks for the giveaway!
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:37:30 »
My first computer was a Gateway 400c, IIRC this was the keyboard

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:39:04 »
first keyboard i specifically remember was a model M... and my grandma's MS ergo!
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 02:37:56 by sth »
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:41:44 »
My first "keyboard" was Sinclair ZX Spectrum+: (photo from wikipedia). It's actually complete computer :)

Yes, I'm old ;)

Offline maxpegasus

• The search goes ever on and on...
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:42:17 »
Here is a picture of my first keyboard! I bought it because I liked the slim profile. However some of the keys started sticking after too much gaming so I eventually switched to a mechanical keyboard (Max Blackbird).

Thanks for the giveaway Martin!!!  :thumb:

Offline PocketFool

• Coming down with a serious case of mech-mania
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 11:45:12 »
My first keyboard I ever owned was a rubber-domed Dell that came with my first computer. I was young, and my keyboard was an amazing multi-purpose tool; acting as a window to the wonderful world of the internet, controller to play LEGO Pizza Island, and as a trashcan all at the same time. Unsurprisingly, it didn't last long, but boy did it open up Pandora's box. I'll admit, I've upped my keyboard game quite a bit, but I doubt I'll ever be able to have another keyboard that can act as a trashcan (mainly due to the fact that I'm an adult who actually cares about keyboards now) so even though I no longer have it, it'll always be special to me in at least a nostalgic sense.
Always looking for lime-green and red colored topre RF sets.

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:06:57 »
My first keyboard coincided with my first gaming console --- The Atari 2600

Brings back good old memories as I spent so much time playing Donkey Kong and Pacman on the Atari.  Anyhow one day, my dad brought home the Compumate.  Basically what you see in the picture is what you get. 

I remember spending a lot of time with my brother playing their compose music game to make what a 5 year old would consider to be "Mozart" like music at the time...  garbled midi music with no beats and ton of random high pitched notes just to get a good laugh!   :))

Looking back at the layout, it's very similar to a Poker in the way that you had to combined the "Function" key to access the important navigation arrows on the keypad.  The navigation keys was essential to be able to add and modify the pitch of each note.  Of course the keyboard was pretty crummy in comparison to a standard keyboard.  I recall having to press those keys really hard to get them to work!   :p

Thanks Martin for the giveaway!

More pictures below:

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:40:14 by crayzieap »

Offline 00zeRO

• mechanicalkeyboards.com
  • * Commercial Vendor
  • The 00verseer of Vault 77
    • Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:09:37 »
My first keyboard was a Commodore 64. I learned coding on Commodore Basic as a mere suckling.

Those were the days...

:'(
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:33:06 by 00zeRO »
Daily Driver: Typist A w/Midnight Dawn | Kailh BOX Clicks

Junktown 2: Now on eBay!

Offline christophertsao

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:13:36 »
I've used many keyboards in my lifetime, but didn't go mechanical until a last year (1 year mechanical anniversary on 7/26!).

These are just the ones I can recall:

• Default IBM Keyboard - ~1998
  • My father's work computer - IBM Thinkpad Laptop keyboard - ~1999
  • Default Dell Desktop keyboard - ~2001
  • Microsoft "Ergonomic" keyboard - early 2000's
  • Toshiba Qosmio Laptop keyboard - 2005-2007
  • Asus G1 "Gaming Laptop" - 2008
  • HP Default Keyboard 2009
  • Logitech Wave Keyboard and Mouse Set 2009-2014
  • Ducky - Shine 3 - MX Blue - White LED - 2014-Present
  • Ducky - Mini - Silver - MX Blue - Red/Blue LED 2014 Present
  • KBC - Poker II - MX Clear - White LED 2014 Present
  • Leopold - FC210TP - MX Blue - 2014 Present

(null)

Offline RoastPotatoes

• * Maker
    • RoastPotatoes Keyboard Blog
« Reply #17 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:15:29 »
This was my first mechanical keyboard. A standard Model M that I then bolt modded. This is the last photo I have, as I have now sold it.

Offline lucaslink

« Reply #18 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:16:32 »
my first keyboard with my first computer. i ran a bbs called 'organized anarchy' on it and images would take minutes to load slowly down the screen.

Offline Doobalicious

« Reply #19 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:21:17 »
My first keyboard was a Microsoft Internet Keyboard.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #20 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:23:28 »
The first computer/keyboard I spent significant time on was a TI-99 4A. I remember my Dad subscribed to some computer enthusiast magazine and I would transcribe BASIC programs from the magazine to make cheesy little games.

Good times! Thanks for the giveaway!

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #21 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:26:34 »
The first keyboard I ever bought that didn't come with my computer purchase was a ROCCAT Isku. I thought that thing was the slickest back in the day. It had blue LEDs everywhere, had some dope customizable settings, and had media keys galore. Many nights in high school and college were spent playing games on that keyboard.

I look back now and wonder what I was doing with my life.

Here's a picture.

Offline Psykick

« Reply #22 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:28:38 »
My first keyboard, some random Logitech board!

This keyboard lasted through various PC upgrades and I had some great times playing Battlefield 2142 on it. This was pretty much the keyboard I used through middles school and early high school until I purchased a Razer Lycos for $20 at a local garage sale.

Thanks for reading!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #23 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:33:01 »
The first keyboard that was my own for a personal computer was the Keytronic Realforce rubber dome keyboard. In a way it was the first keyboard that had a nice sound experience for me.
Here's a picture of the board that I stole from google image search

Offline Data

« Reply #24 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:34:20 »
Wow, I barely remember my first keyboard.  It was attached to the "computer", which then connected to my TV for video output.  I want to say it was from the Tandy family.  This would have been 1986 or 87.  It went out with the trash sometime in the early 90s.  :(  My "second" keyboard was part of an Apple IIe and it belonged to my elementary school's "computer lab".  We mostly used it to play Mario Brothers.  :P

Since I can't show either of those I'll show my first keyboard build instead.

ErgoDox with Nuclear Data key set.  Gallery here: http://imgur.com/a/G6eHg

Offline crayzieap

« Reply #25 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:37:33 »
My first keyboard was a Commodore 64. I learned coding on Commodore Basic as a mere suckling.

Show Image

Those were the days...

:'(

That is glorious!  We had the original Macintosh back in the goold ole' days.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:43:37 by crayzieap »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #26 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:40:32 »
I guess my first keyboard would technically be the one on a sony vaio that I bought as my first laptop. I was in 6th grade and it was just my birthday, and I saw the laptop during a best buy black friday sale. Ugh I loved that keyboard. My first aftermarket keyboard was a Leopold FC200R, it was my first mech and I had bought it on reddit from /u/kudos_and_godspeed . Still have taht board and I use it often :)
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #27 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:49:00 »
I can't even remember the first keyboard I ever used, but the first one I bought myself in high school was a Saitek Eclipse II. 

Offline Bigpock

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 12:53:18 »

Rosewill RK-9000i with Cherry blue switches

Since I have no idea what my first keyboard ever was, I'd rather just post my first mechanical board. I actually just sold the Rosewill to my good friend because I have my new KUL-ES 87 with Cherry clears, and I bought the KC60 with Gatron blacks off Massdrop

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 09:48:20 by Bigpock »

Offline Fishinatoaster

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:00:39 »
My first keyboard was this gigantic compaq rubberdome that I used to play need for speed on my computer with. As for my first mechnical, It was a Matias tactile pro off of ebay. I was really sad that it broke, but I had to get rid of it. I'll never forget how angry it made my girlfriend.

Offline braidn

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:07:40 »
Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro2. Black on Black.

That was maybe 3-4 years ago and was a departing gift given to me by a company I used to work for. It was one of the best things ever because it led me down this somewhat expensive, very cool road of mechanical keyboards. The board now has a HASU controller which makes it even more awesome.

Offline trn4mr

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:09:12 »
I got my first ever keyboard that I could call my own last year when I got myself a 2013 Blackwidow Ultimate:

All the years before I either used my older sibling's desktops or only ever had a laptop so it took a while to get my first keyboard. haha

Offline fydo

• Meow!
« Reply #32 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:11:47 »
My first keyboard was an IBM Model M2 that my dad bought for our family along with an IBM PS/2, a fun little 286 system.

I actually just recently re-acquired the M2 from my parent's house. Amazing that they held onto it for so many years.

Also, thanks for doing this giveaway! Very nice of you.
CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid | Ducky Shine II (White LED)

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #33 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:14:19 »

Loved that keyboard, I had the scroll wheel on the side mapped to control volume and thought it was so badass  :))

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #34 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:19:56 »
The super ultra rare Logitech K100.  It was a surprisingly good board for $10. (until I actually touched something else.  Still blew the keyboard on my Mac pro out of the water).   

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 21:50:55 by Badwrench »
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline waterform

« Reply #35 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:27:52 »

My first keyboard was a wireless Logitech rubber dome. Not a great keyboard by any stretch of the imagination, but it was dirt cheap, and it served its purpose admirably. Also, unifying receiver is great.

My first mech was an ES-87 with clears. I was originally going to buy a CM quickfire xt or rapid (I had a $15 discount code from the switch tester), but they were never in stock on CM's store, so I figured I'd try the clears and get a quickfire with browns later if I didn't like them. Turns out clears are awesome. clears4lyfe

Offline thefebruaryman

• turn it off and turn it on again
« Reply #36 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 13:50:43 »
My first keyboard was the amiga 1200. Use to play settlers on this and good damm did it take for ever loading disc 1 then disc 2 then disc 1 again and on and on. Loved it though plus they did the graphics for babalon 5 on one of these

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:18:38 »
Pic-related is the first dedicated keyboard I bought with my own money. Before I had only laptop keyboards, and when I graduated college I was working on a novel and wanted to get a good keyboard to use. I heard a special on NPR some time in 2009 about the IBM Model M and did some research on it afterward.
Since I didn't have a desktop yet I wanted one with USB, and that's when I heard about Unicomp. Bought one and it's been my daily driver since. It's still in immaculate condition because I'm OCD about it.

Offline WalrusBumter

• Youll cowards dont even click clack
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:20:30 »
This was my first keyboard, the old Apple standard Keyboard
Thanks for the giveaway :)
It's a hobby™

Offline Rainbow_

• zealio master race
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:28:10 »
This was mine

Because I'm young
Zealio Master Race

Offline ddot

• Master of Suspense
« Reply #40 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:37:20 »
First mouse and keyboard would have come with my first computer.  The keyboard was a Dell SK-8110 while the mouse was a Dell M-UR69 manufactured by Logitech.  While they were the basic OEM models included with every computer, in hindsight they weren’t all that bad.  I've been exposed to a number of OEM mice and keyboards since then that were infinity worse.  (I still actually have that mouse beside me at work so when an unsuspecting colleague tries to use my computer for a minute and can't figure out how to use my trackball, they can grab the mouse and keep on going.)

As for my first mechanical keyboard, that would be a Coolermaster Quick Fire Pro with MX Browns.

Thanks for the giveaway!
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:40:33 by ddot »

Offline minTea

« Reply #41 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:41:17 »

I'm going to talk about the first keyboard I bought when I was fairly young for my first gaming build (I did use a basic dell board prior to it but not for long). The first board I bought was a rubber dome Logitech g15. It was around $100 and with being around the age of 14 it was fairly expensive. This was the board that had a tiltable display screen at the top and a bunch of macro buttons. This board was my weapon in many hours of vanilla WoW and Counterstrike: Source. One day however when I was cleaning up my computer area a bit I moved my hand to fast and spilled a glass of orange juice into it. Without any guide for dealing with the spill all I did was unplug it but it was too late. :( rip G15

Offline xredman

« Reply #42 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:45:33 »
My first keyboard was the rubber-domed Dell that came with the computer. It is from that keyboard that I learn how to touch type and play games. I would practice typing in Mavis Beacon and play the games in there.

Offline kollabane

« Reply #43 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:47:35 »
My first two keyboards were the standard apple keyboard for their computers at the time of purchase: the A1048 and the A1243.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

After a few years of the latter keyboards, I bought a Razer Deathstalker. (Bad idea)

Once annoyed by the bad design, I decided to research what these 'mechanical keyboard' things were. Then I bought my Rosewill RGB80, which is my current keyboard.

(It has fallen into a state of disrepair because I'm trying to overhaul it) :b forgive the mess.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:49:28 by kollabane »

Offline terrpn

• Alpha Geezer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • - Buy Vintage -
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:51:44 »
The "first" keyboard that I actually bought and owned for college (Embry Riddle Aeronautical University) back in the day came with my Macintosh that can you believe in 1986 cost me $3,000.00 (included printer and software as well)!!

More

Luga G80-1865/MX Reds + Dolch G80-1813/MX Blues + G80-3700HQAUS + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Browns Thick PBT + DK9008G2 Pro/MX Clears Thick PBT +  QFR TKL/Ghetto Greens + Cherry G80-1800/MX Blues + IBM Model M SSK Bolt Modded + IBM Model M + IBM Model F + IBM AT F + Cherry G80-1000 (HAD)/MX Vintage Blacks + Razer BWU/MX Blues + Leading Edge DC2214/Blue Alps + Compaq MX11800/Browns + Chicony 5181/Monterey Blues + Chicony 5161/MX Black Cherry Clone + Focus 2001/White Alps + Chicony 5191/White Futabas + Olivetti ANK27-101 + Dell (Old Logo) AT101/Black Alps + NMB RT8255C+/Black Space Invaders + Unitek K260/Green Alps + Apple M0116/Orange Alps + AEK II M3501/Cream Alps + AEK M0115/Orange Alps + NEC  APC412/Blue Sliders + NEC APC410/Blue Sliders + Omnikey /White Alps + Wang/Yellow Alps (Omrons) + Laser/White SMK + Fame/Blue Aruz + AEK II M3501/Salmon Alps + Zenith ZKB-2R/Green Alps + Wang 724/Orange Alps + DK1087/Green Alps + Zenith ZKB-2/Yellow Alps + Dell Old Logo AT101/Salmon-Pink Alps + Leading Edge AK1012/White SMK's + Magitronic SK-1030/White (Linear) Futaba's + Packard Bell/White (Clicky) Futaba's + Datacomp DFK101/White  Alps + SGI AT101/Dampened White Alps + NMB AQ6RT-72511/Grey Space Invaders (Hi-Tek) + Datacomp/Blue Alps + Phillips 2812/White Space Invaders (Linear) + Dah Yang K251/Vintage MX Blues + Chicony 5161/DS Caps/Vintage MX Blue + Archie-NMB AQ659ZRT-725/Black Space Invader (Tactile) + IBM Model M 71G4644 (RD) Bolt Modded with Soarers Converter + IBM Model M Silver Label 1390131 + Cherry G80-1501/Vintage MX Clears + Focus FK8000/Linear Futabas + Gateway 2000 Anykey Programmable/Maxi-Switch + Dell GY13PVAT101/Dye Sub Caps/Salmon Alps + Chicony 5161/White Alps + AST K0B101/Slider over RD + Qtronix QX-32H + Everex/NMB RT8255CW+ Black Space Invaders-Split Erase + Tandon/NMB AQ659ZRT-101A/Beige Space Invaders + Cherry G80-11903 MNRUS/MX Blacks + Apple IIGS A9M0330/SMK Whites + WYSE PCE/MX Blacks + Chicony 5160AXT/Clicky Futaba + Cherry G80-0528/Vintage MX Blacks + Dell AT101/Linear (Modded) Black Alps+Topre 55g

Offline att1cus

• * Maker
« Reply #45 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 14:53:09 »
My first keyboard came as part of keyboard and mouse kit that was a combo deal with the case I chose for my first build.  It was a Chieftec wireless KB and mouse combo that was the same color as my green Chieftec case.  It was approx 2002-2003 at the time.  TigerDirect still has the item up: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=485335

Offline animal

« Reply #46 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:30:55 »
I've been searching for the past 45 minutes for a picture of my Acer 500+ XT with no luck. I got it with a keyboard that had the function keys (all 10 of them) on the left side and not on top. I really don't remember if it was mechanical or not, although I doubt it. When I sold it, it was really yellow looking. Wow, that was like 24 years ago...

Thank you for awakening some memories.
Real men do it with a keyboard.

« Reply #47 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:31:17 »
My first keyboard, that wasn't attached to a laptop, was a Logitech K350. Was wireless and let me play pc games while sitting on my couch   :). Thanks for doing this Martin.
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 July 2015, 15:33:14 by Carlos_the_turtle »

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:08:28 »
This is the first keyboard I remember using

I used that thing from about age 3 to 10. Then one day the letter E stopped working and it was about time for a computer upgrade anyways

Offline Gumberculese

• Man, Machine, Scientist?
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 08 July 2015, 16:14:17 »
My first keyboard was on the commadore 64 that my parents bought at a garage sale.

I remember typing out BASIC programs to make ASCII birds fly across the screen.  Eventually, my dad gave me pirated copies of such classics as Mr. Robot, Space Taxi (still have fond memories of that one), and Gauntlet.  Good times.