Author Topic: [GB] 1976 - Flashback to the Colors of the 70's (SA Row 3) --- Shipped  (Read 194038 times)

Offline Data

How does it work if the other things don't make it? My interest is highly dependent on some of the extras and won't be of much use to me without them... if that stuff doesn't make it can you cancel the whole thing?

You'd need to cancel through Melissa prior to the GB closing, assuming you already placed an order.  If you haven't yet, then I'd advise waiting until the last day to see what the child deals do.  Otherwise you'll be stuck in Classifieds trying to sell a key set you can't use.

Offline engicoder

How does it work if the other things don't make it? My interest is highly dependent on some of the extras and won't be of much use to me without them... if that stuff doesn't make it can you cancel the whole thing?

What extras are you dependent on?

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
Definitely need the winkeyless as I don't even own any boards currently that use 1.25 mods, and I really wanted the German/Nordic/Slavic kit.

Offline hermith

Didn't actually realize what the tipping point was until now. I thought that was for a lower price bracket.

That changes things a bit, I'm in the same boat, if the Nordic one doesn't tip I have no use for the base set. Hoping it tips as I really think this set will be a nice fit for my wooden 75% case.

Offline pexon

• * Maker
  • El Jefe of Sleeving
    • Pexon PCs
I'm in the same position as Ivan, I need the Winkeyless version of this kit, so if the Winkeyless set doesn't 'tip,' it will not be produced at all?

Offline Data

Child deals that don't tip are not produced unless they are close to tipping and SP agrees to go ahead and make them tip (when not-tipping would negatively impact the rest of the GB).  This is rare.  The few times that I've seen them do this they produced a few extra full sets and sold them in their key shop.  I wouldn't assume that will happen here.

Offline hermith

So on other words it's kind of risky to join if you depend on any child drops?

Offline Data

So on other words it's kind of risky to join if you depend on any child drops?

There's risk in every group buy.  These things are never guaranteed.

There are some ways SP could improve the web site to help mitigate the risk -- or at least the appearance of risk.  No need to continue beating that dead horse in here.

Offline engicoder

Definitely need the winkeyless as I don't even own any boards currently that use 1.25 mods, and I really wanted the German/Nordic/Slavic kit.

What I would suggest to everyone in this position is to buy the child sets you want now, so that their numbers go up. If they tip, go back and add the Base set. That way, if they don't tip, your not stuck with the base set. You run the risk of having one child set tip and not the other, but your overall risk is lower.

Offline Data

Yeah, that's actually a pretty good idea.

Edit: In my case I need the Alt Gradient, Specialty, Slang, Arrows, and the new Mac kits all to tip in order to use this on my Atomic board like I wanted.  So I'm really up a creek!
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 March 2015, 14:08:46 by Data »

Offline hermith

That's a great idea. Especially for me as I am only dependent on one drop going through, so I'm basically safe. :)

So how does it work if it doesn't go through? It seems I have to checkout with Paypal right away, will it be refunded to the CC in that case? And will I be able to add sets to the same order (so I don't have to pay shipping twice) if I add a base set onto it in a week?

Sorry if these questions are very PMK specific, but haven't used them before and I'd like to do this right on the first go.

Offline Data

That's a great idea. Especially for me as I am only dependent on one drop going through, so I'm basically safe. :)

So how does it work if it doesn't go through? It seems I have to checkout with Paypal right away, will it be refunded to the CC in that case? And will I be able to add sets to the same order (so I don't have to pay shipping twice) if I add a base set onto it in a week?

Sorry if these questions are very PMK specific, but haven't used them before and I'd like to do this right on the first go.

There's no charge until the Group Buy ends because the prices will fluctuate based on participation.  What PMK (and PayPal) will do is called an authorization.  They'll check to make sure you have the funds available and do a temporary hold.

Offline goflo

Till now I don't see any of my 3 kits tip  :(  (Ergodox, Ergodox Modifiers, German/Slavic Kit)

Cooooome ooooooooooooooooooonnnnn folks.
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
We need some "specialty kit" love as well. I know a bunch of you want that 1.75u shift key if not a bunch of other keys in that set.

Offline Data

I think we're going to see it pick up steam over the next few days.  It's the PMK Scramble.

Now that it has tipped a lot more people will be buying in, driving prices down and tipping child kits for everyone.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
I've been procrastinating ordering my set, so there will be at least one more in the next few days.  ;)

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
I've been procrastinating ordering my set, so there will be at least one more in the next few days.  ;)

Me too.  :thumb:

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Me three :thumb: :thumb:

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
We need some "specialty kit" love as well. I know a bunch of you want that 1.75u shift key if not a bunch of other keys in that set.

« Last Edit: Wed, 04 March 2015, 16:00:58 by ideus »

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Me four.   :-[
Get on that ****. We need some of these kits to tip.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator

Fine, fine, you got me.  In on base, slang, specialty, and color kits  ;)

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Fine, fine, you got me.  In on base, slang, specialty, and color kits  ;)
That's right. :) gj...

Offline Funtik

I am new to this site and mechanical keyboards in general (just recently got a Ducky Shine 3). I just added an order for the "german, nordic, slavic ISO kit". Will add more of the already tipped deals when those two get through.
uʍop-ǝpısdn pǝuɹnʇ 'pǝddıןɟ ʇob ǝɟıן ʎɯ
ʍoɥ ʇnoqɐ ןןɐ ʎɹoʇs ɐ sı sıɥʇ ʍou

Offline engicoder

I am new to this site and mechanical keyboards in general (just recently got a Ducky Shine 3). I just added an order for the "german, nordic, slavic ISO kit". Will add more of the already tipped deals when those two get through.

Welcome and thanks for supporting the cause :thumb:

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
Count me as number 5!

Why the hell do you have to buy a $48 dollar set just for a short right shift??? that is flat out ridiculous!  :mad:
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 06:56:26 by ApocalypseMaow »
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline Data

Count me as number 5!

Why the hell do you have to buy a $48 dollar set just for a short right shift??? that is flat out ridiculous!  :mad:

The MOQ is set really low on that kit.  It also has a lot of keys in it for a specialty kit.  Hence the price.  If more people bought it the price would drop sharply.  The 50 unit tier is a $16 discount, for example.

Offline engicoder

Count me as number 5!

Yes, my bad...the specialty kit got a bit out of hand. Would have been better to have a couple smaller ones to address different needs.

Offline hermith

Put in an order for the nordic/slavic kit. Almost halfway there! Let's hope the scramble is real.

Offline goflo

Put in an order for the nordic/slavic kit. Almost halfway there! Let's hope the scramble is real.

Yes yes yes.....gogogo  :thumb: :D
- Ergodox Classic/Browns/Grifiti Rests  | - IBM Model M Blue Label |  - Poker II MX Blue | - Ergodox Classic/Blues/Grifiti Rests

Offline engicoder

There GNS (German, Nordic, Slavic) kit needs a BSLR (Buyer and Seller of Last Resort) https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=68368

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
May daily bump... 

Keep my dream alive.  I need some help people...  :P

93002-0
(this case is on its way to me.  i just need the specialty kit to tip.)

Offline ApocalypseMaow

• Kitteh Overlord
  • Say WHAAT...
May daily bump... 

(Attachment Link)
You and me both!!!
{WTT}HoffNudes(WTS)BLK LightSaverV2         
"#baby****fangerz" -Vesper 2015

Offline samsonite727

I really want the ergodox set to tip.  BTW, I live in Canada and it says 0.10 cents to ship, is that really the amount or will it be adjusted later?

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
I really want the ergodox set to tip.  BTW, I live in Canada and it says 0.10 cents to ship, is that really the amount or will it be adjusted later?

Show Image

that won't be the price.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Purchased

Offline Jolikki

May daily bump... 

(Attachment Link)
You and me both!!!
I'm in as well, ordered a week ago..
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline kittykatmax

Showed hubby this set, and sweetie that he is, he told me to go for it - even as I'm waiting on my Toxic and Dolch sets. lol 

Presumably the base set is fine for a CM QFR/Max Keyboard Blackbird? Any other space bar sets I should think about adding in case, say, I go for a 60% board in the future? 

Not worried about resale value, so at this point, I just went with base and extra arrow keys. 
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rickyhobby

I think that everyone should go for an extra 6.25 spacebar to combat shine of ABS (and to help the extra 6.25 spacebar child tip ;D)  BTW, since they are already producing the 6.25 spacebars with the main buy, if the child 6.25 spacebars don't tip, will they go ahead and 'tip' the child and sell everyone who is also in the child 6.25 spacebar buy the spacebars?  (I'd like extra spacebars...)

Not sure about your 60%, but I usually get all of the spacebar alternatives to give me future options on what to use this on.  They are cheap insurance for future expandability/resale.

Rick
Cherry blue 104 w/1976 SA | Cherry red 87 w/Dolch DSA

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
To futureproof against most board layouts you'll need the specialty kit and the winkeyless kit. The base kit will fit many 60 boards, though, like the Poker II, V60, Ducky Mini, etc.

I'd probably just get the base, arrows and a spare 6.25x spacebar. And the colour kit.. and the slang kit..um... guess I am addicted.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline rickyhobby

lol - my total when I joined the buy (before quantity discounts) was over $300!  I doubt that the slang kit that I'm in will tip, though (and will cost me that much less...)
Cherry blue 104 w/1976 SA | Cherry red 87 w/Dolch DSA

Offline engicoder

The 6.25 spacebar deal will tip  :blank:

The PMK scrabble has definitely started; there have been quite a few orders today.

Offline engicoder

Calling all Ergodoxians!! The Ergodox base kits for the 1976 buy are close to tipping., but need your help!

Offline kittykatmax

Added an extra 6.25 spacebar and the Alternate Gradient kit to my order...hope that tips!  Only a few more orders for a price drop in the base kit!
Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Specialty kit bump. :)

Offline hermith

Doesn't look good for the NO/DE kit. Money saved I guess? :)

Offline engicoder

Base set just hit 75, so price dropped to $68.

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby

Just bumped the following:
   - Core Kit
   - Apple Kit
   - Specialty Kit
   - Color Kit

I have high hopes that the Color kit will make it, but we really need to rally behind the Speciality Kit.
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:00:44 by mashby »

Offline Data

CHA-CHING!

I'm really sad the Slang Kit isn't going to tip.  Some great novelties in that set.  Can we run it again by itself with just the 1u keys?
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 11:02:51 by Data »

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
You Should Buy The 1976 – Specialty Kit
Yes, it's pricey, but it'll make your order SO much more flexible that you'd be crazy NOT to get it. Think of all the different layouts that you can adapt to: JD40, HHKB, Pure, Infinity, not to mention all the new and wonderful keyboards that are being developed.

Without this kit, you'll be unable to take advantage of any other layout than what you have right now. $50 is a small price to pay to ensure that this kit will work with a wide array of layouts. Layouts that aren't possible without this kit.

So, yes, you can save your $50, but trust me you'll regret it down the road when you realize that you should have bought it when you had the chance.

/soapbox  ;D