Author Topic: [GB] 1976 - Flashback to the Colors of the 70's (SA Row 3) --- Shipped  (Read 194043 times)

Offline Data

Don't know if you guys noticed but SP has a new GB Status page up at http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deal-status/.

1976 - In Production - Currently scheduled to ship April 30th

But then right under that...
4/15 Update: Raw material delivery has delayed this order - we are waiting for supplier delivery info.

:-X

Offline kittykatmax

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline engicoder

Don't know if you guys noticed but SP has a new GB Status page up at http://www.pimpmykeyboard.com/deal-status/.

4/15 Update: Raw material delivery has delayed this order - we are waiting for supplier delivery info.

Son of a!!!

Offline Data

Yeah, it's a bummer.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Man they have the worse mobile site in the world. Shows like 10% of the content. :(

Offline engicoder

Lucky, mine shows about 1% of the content.  :p

Offline Data

I can't get the mobile site to work at all across 3 platforms.  So I get 0% content.

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
I can't get the mobile site to work at all across 3 platforms.  So I get 0% content.
Haha. Ya we all get zero content. We get their branding and that's all they give two ****s about. "Oh, you came here looking for something?  <laughs>"

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
I'm gonna be making a wooden case for one of my GON PCB's just for this set.. Hopefully I can make it look good enough to do these caps justice.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline engicoder

I'm gonna be making a wooden case for one of my GON PCB's just for this set.. Hopefully I can make it look good enough to do these caps justice.

livingspeedbump is doing a hydrodipped case with a woodgrain, but I think real wood would be one step better. I would go with an older style case design with a generous amount of margin above the keys, ala G80-3000. That would really let the wood get into the action.

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
I'm planning on doing a layered baltic birch plywood case for my old das for these guys.  Hopefully it ends up as nice as it looks in my head.

Offline Data

Sounds awesome.

A faded tan plastic case would work well too.  Rock that Atari 800 vibe.

« Last Edit: Fri, 24 April 2015, 14:50:46 by Data »

Offline kittykatmax

1976  4/23 Update: Order is about 1/2 complete - raw material is scheduled to deliver on 4/30.

Offline doof

• No Such Thing As Two
I'm late to the party (trying to put together my first keyboard).  Is there any way I can still get in on this?  I love these caps!

Offline engicoder

I'm late to the party (trying to put together my first keyboard).  Is there any way I can still get in on this?  I love these caps!

I believe SP will be carrying them in their online store.

Offline Jolikki

What's the status of this? PMK deal status seems outdated
"I would stand in line for this" - Moby

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Just want to say again that I can't wait for this set.   :cool:

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......

Offline hermith

[insert itshappening.gif here].

Shoot me a PM when you receive the sets Engicoder and we'll agree on the proxying?  :D

Offline billputer

• hi
Yay! You have no idea how excited I am!

...wait, you probably do.
CM Storm QFR-i | Matias Ergo Pro (pre-ordered) | M$FT Natural Ergonomic 4000

Offline Data

Have they sent you any production photos yet, engi?

Offline engicoder

Two updates!!

1) Had my hip replacement yesterday and all went well. I am sending this from my hospital bed.  :thumb:
2) I got the production photos. Please look for any errors. If they look good, I will give Melissa the go ahead to start shipping.
99823-0
99825-1
99827-2
99829-3
99831-4
99833-5

Offline Data

Wow!  Awesome.   :thumb:

I looked at every key.  All of the ones that stick out to me are in the multi-ISO kit.

Ä, Å, and Ž keys are all too high on the cap.  They aren't aligned vertically with the other keys in the row, or even with similar keys in the set.  See how Ü is more centered on the cap? 

Also the ampersand isn't centered over the 6 in the number row (two keys affected) but it's not as big a deal as the 3 misaligned alphas from that kit.

Offline engicoder

Wow!  Awesome.   :thumb:

I looked at every key.  All of the ones that stick out to me are in the multi-ISO kit.

Ä, Å, and Ž keys are all too high on the cap.  They aren't aligned vertically with the other keys in the row, or even with similar keys in the set.  See how Ü is more centered on the cap? 

Also the ampersand isn't centered over the 6 in the number row (two keys affected) but it's not as big a deal as the 3 misaligned alphas from that kit.

I see what you are talking about.....its tough. I think the lighting makes it tough to see them clearly. How do you think the accented keys should be align? Should they be aligned  at the bottom. Should then be centered?

I think either will result in some issues.. Looks like they mixed the two here.

Offline Jolikki

Regarding the ÅÄÖ.. I think it would look off-centered if it was aligned with the dots in thought. Think of them without the dots and it looks like a centered A, for example.

Offline engicoder

Regarding the ÅÄÖ.. I think it would look off-centered if it was aligned with the dots in thought. Think of them without the dots and it looks like a centered A, for example.

Yes, I think they tried to center the letter as it would be without the accent, which seems valid

Offline samsonite727

Awesome

The ergodox kit really good to me :)

Offline unoab

Yes, I think they tried to center the letter as it would be without the accent, which seems valid

I believe that is how 7bit has them mold them for Round5, here is a link to the corrections for Round5 on some of the sets he got:
http://deskthority.net/post212156.html#p212156
His comments on the photos are that the letter should be centered regardless to having an accent over it or not.

Offline Hanni

1) Had my hip replacement yesterday and all went well. I am sending this from my hospital bed.  :thumb:
Swift recovery ! You can rest now , great job was completed :)

Offline Data

I believe that is how 7bit has them mold them for Round5, here is a link to the corrections for Round5 on some of the sets he got:
http://deskthority.net/post212156.html#p212156
His comments on the photos are that the letter should be centered regardless to having an accent over it or not.

I was going off memory from those same posts/photos for Round 5.  I may have misremembered the final judgment on which legends were good, though.  If 7bit got them changed to be higher on the key cap then that's probably the correct placement.  And in that case, they're all good.  :)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
I am sending this from my hospital bed.  :thumb:

I didn't think they allowed you to post to geekhack from your hospital bed.

Seriously though, thanks for the update!  The set looks amazing.  :D

Offline BlueNalgene

Two updates!!

2) I got the production photos. Please look for any errors. If they look good, I will give Melissa the go ahead to start shipping.
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

I am satisfied.  They look mighty good.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
I am sending this from my hospital bed.  :thumb:

I didn't think they allowed you to post to geekhack from your hospital bed.

Seriously though, thanks for the update!  The set looks amazing.  :D
Seriously. Shoutouts to based engicoder for the great bedside manner. Caps looking  

Offline FingerPunch

• on the rocks
Nice! Looks awesome. It's like a magical rainbow spilled a package of M&Ms on the keyboard.

Being as obsessed with home keys as I have become, I noticed the homing 7 key has the dot over the "7", and it is the base color. It would have been nice if the 7 was nudged down a bit, or if somehow the dot could be the legend color. Not a big deal tho.

Boy, this has come a long way.

Offline engicoder

Thanks for the support guys. I will tell Melissa to get this in the mail ASAP. Start looking for those shipping notifications  :thumb:

Update: These should start shipping on Monday.
« Last Edit: Fri, 08 May 2015, 15:27:07 by engicoder »

Offline atectatifern

Engicoder,

They look awesome and wishing you a quick recovery!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Fantastic news on all counts. Thanks enigcoder!

Offline Data

Thanks for the support guys. I will tell Melissa to get this in the mail ASAP. Start looking for those shipping notifications  :thumb:

Update: These should start shipping on Monday.

Sounds great.  Speedy recovery dude.  :)

Offline billputer

• hi
Best of luck on your recovery engicoder. Rest up!
CM Storm QFR-i | Matias Ergo Pro (pre-ordered) | M$FT Natural Ergonomic 4000

Offline kittykatmax

Engicoder, here's wishing you a speedy recovery!  Thanks for staying on top of things despite Rl health issues - talk about above and beyond!

Got my USPS tracking number today - my keycaps are supposed to go out tonight!  Very excited to get my first set of custom keycaps. :)

Offline kurukato

• Cars>Keyboards
ayy, just got my tracking number. This is gonna be awesome. Thanks for everything you've done engicoder!

Offline hermith

Of course. They managed to mess up my shipping, even though I talked to their support during the drop it self. I wanted all my orders (4 in total) to be shipped to Engicoder so he could proxy for me, but instead they went against their word and shipped all of them straight to me! Oh well, it's "only" 60 USD extra for me, but it's 60 USD unnecessary extra!

Offline Steveenn

My god, they're even more beautiful than the renders. I'm so excited, getting them on Thursday.
F107 | 1976 'Dox 62g TGreys | TA KÛL ES-87 Clears | '87 SSK

Offline engicoder

Of course. They managed to mess up my shipping, even though I talked to their support during the drop it self. I wanted all my orders (4 in total) to be shipped to Engicoder so he could proxy for me, but instead they went against their word and shipped all of them straight to me! Oh well, it's "only" 60 USD extra for me, but it's 60 USD unnecessary extra!

That sucks!! Sorry to hear that! Hope that $60 pain fades quickly once they arrive on your door step!!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Got mine in the mail today. Thanks, engicoder!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Data

Mine only left WA this morning so I've got at least another day or two of waiting down here in America's Wang.

Offline Jolikki

Pics pics pics :D

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
No shipping notification yet.  :'(

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com

Thats only going to be be half the pain unfortunately.  They always mark the full value on the packages, so you are going to get hit pretty hard with customs/duty as well. :(  Sorry dude...