Author Topic: [Thread Closed]  (Read 8766 times)

Offline The_Infidel_Studio

• The Infidel Studio Retail Shop(Under Construction)
[Thread Closed]
« on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 10:16:36 »
This thread was closed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:23:38 by The_Infidel_Studio »
YOUR FUTURE | FAITH | FATE - RE-INVENT | RE-EXPERIENCE ─ Contact : support@theinfidelstudio.com

Updates of this thread :

[2020.07.29 21:41 KST] Add FAQ with Results on First Day of Interest Check.
[2020.08.02 00:11 KST] Update Layouts.
[2020.08.02 05:56 KST] Fix mistyping of 'Numpad Toggle Mode Layer' Image.
[2020.08.06 13:05 KST] Fix mistakes of 'Supported Layout' Image.
[2021.05.24 02:24 KST] Thread Closed.
« Last Edit: Sun, 23 May 2021, 12:24:13 by The_Infidel_Studio »
YOUR FUTURE | FAITH | FATE - RE-INVENT | RE-EXPERIENCE ─ Contact : support@theinfidelstudio.com

Offline piercejenkins

Re: [IC]Spectre Carrera - SIMPLEX™ Layout Modular Keyboard
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 10:54:40 »
Love this! Wanted 80% with option to use nav cluster as numpad!

Offline soran

• what have I done
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 27 July 2020, 11:07:04 »

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 07:50:13 »
Love this! Wanted 80% with option to use nav cluster as numpad!

TKL series are planned after this. Also SIMPLEX Layout was planned for using nav cluster as numpad.
We will update the keymapping layers as each scenario soon. Thank you for your interest.

First Interest Check was ended!

Coming Soon with new render shots. Thanks for participating!

Offline RexKorp

It's an interesting design but honestly, I think you'll find the infidel label and st peter's cross is a bit too "14 year old edgy goth kid" for most people. What you guys call yourselfs is whatever but to have it printed in such a prominent place on the case isn't the best idea. It being on the inside is alright, I guess. Not a fan of company logos as is but that especially goes for a logo that reads infidel (not sure if you are aware of its usages by extremists, especially these past years).

Tip: replace "The Infidel Studio" text on the back with "spectre carrera"

It's an interesting design but honestly, I think you'll find the infidel label and st peter's cross is a bit too "14 year old edgy goth kid" for most people. What you guys call yourselfs is whatever but to have it printed in such a prominent place on the case isn't the best idea. It being on the inside is alright, I guess. Not a fan of company logos as is but that especially goes for a logo that reads infidel (not sure if you are aware of its usages by extremists, especially these past years).

Thanks for telling a good idea to us. We will discuss about it.

Offline Luciqueii

• 【Luciquell & Co.】
Is the text on the brass weight inside the keyboards laser engraved? Interesting design, good luck (:

Offline iZac02

I am digging the design. the grill top side feels great. I just wish there was something similar or as exciting bottom side. You don't really ever look at the top of boards 99% of the time its just top plate and bottom

Offline ZavaZ86

RGB might give your pc more fps so will this keyboard make you faster in racing games  ;)
Jokes aside, this keyboard looks amazing and I really look forward to the future of it  :D

Is the text on the brass weight inside the keyboards laser engraved? Interesting design, good luck (:

We might use the laser engraving for the logos or just fill with black enamel after engraving with CNC on processing.
But serial number part will be used the laser engraving for controlling the quantities.

RGB might give your pc more fps so will this keyboard make you faster in racing games  ;)
Jokes aside, this keyboard looks amazing and I really look forward to the future of it  :D

Oh, We missed to write the details of LEDs on specifications. We will update it soon.
Anyway, Thanks for your interest. Please keep focus to us for further updates.

I am digging the design. the grill top side feels great. I just wish there was something similar or as exciting bottom side. You don't really ever look at the top of boards 99% of the time its just top plate and bottom

We are discussing about the updates of detailing. Such as adding some engraving on the bottom case, better processing methods about the logos, etc...
On the first interest check, We had checked about what logo will be used on the weight and bottom case. And we will add this question on 2nd check, with variety options.
So, Stay Tuned.
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 August 2020, 16:05:49 by The_Infidel_Studio »

Offline Surefoot

Very interesting design, really liking the large bezels and the grilles..

Very interesting design, really liking the large bezels and the grilles..

Thanks for your interest. If second interest check opens, we will satisfy if you join the check.

Offline KMPLSV

hmmm, my honest opinion? at first glance, the design even down to the clashing font styles and phrases on the board, looks like an edgy religious/political movement collided with a cheesy porsche design aesthetic that didn't make the cut sometime in the late 90s.

hmmm, my honest opinion? at first glance, the design even down to the clashing font styles and phrases on the board, looks like an edgy religious/political movement collided with a cheesy porsche design aesthetic that didn't make the cut sometime in the late 90s.

Thanks for your interest. We will try to apply on next interest check.

Offline 100 percent horse

The car influence says "Lamborghini Diablo" more than "McLaren P1" to me here... Does feel dated as others have said.

And yes, the word infidel has some troubling connotations, especially in the US.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The car influence says "Lamborghini Diablo" more than "McLaren P1" to me here... Does feel dated as others have said.

And yes, the word infidel has some troubling connotations, especially in the US.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Thanks for your interest. The design of render shots is revision 3 that was based on front bumper design of Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4.

We are working on revision 4 now, with new design of front side of upper case and lower case, LED diffuser for backside, Hiding screw holes of bottom side, etc.....
Will be updated on next interest check.
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 August 2020, 20:38:30 by The_Infidel_Studio »

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
Watching/lurking with interest.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline depletedvespene

• Old, used-up vespene geyser.
    • Keyboard-related resources.
Why is the left Shift splitting (for true ISO layouts) not supported?

Also, is "Simplex" the intended name for the physical layout or for the particular logical layout laid on top of it?

Why is the left Shift splitting (for true ISO layouts) not supported?

Also, is "Simplex" the intended name for the physical layout or for the particular logical layout laid on top of it?

We missed 'Left Shift Splitting' on ISO Layout, will be fixed on next updates.
And "SIMPLEX" is the intended name for both because we want to stand out the advantages of its layout.
Thanks for fixing our mistakes.

Watching/lurking with interest.

Thanks for your interest. Please wait for new updates!

Updated with the signature!

Second Interest Check will be opened on next week. Stay Tuned.

Offline darthcapn

NICE!
Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

NICE!

Thanks for your interest, Stay Tuned.

Offline huey

I don't see how you can trade market a layout. On that note, there is a lot of ™ symbols being thrown about, but I highly doubt you have actually trademarked anything.

The design language is completely lost on me to be honest:

- The upside-down cross weight does not fit with the rest of the design at all.

- There is a lot of text on the design and I'm curious how you plan manufacture that.

- I don't like logos/brands on boards to begin with but I certainly wouldn't want "The Infidel Studio" anywhere my board.

- I think that internal brass piece is completely overkill.

This project feels more like heavy branding and marketing rather than a solid design. I don't care much for it.

Offline SwitchKeys

• SwitchKeys

Echo this. The name put me off initially, then I saw the the insignia..

Offline syke

hear hear, infidel and the cross just screams... kiddish...
might be cool for teenagers but cringey for someone like me.