Author Topic: What are these keys?  (Read 998 times)

Offline Rit

What are these keys?
« on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 12:56:49 »
Got a bulk order of IBM Model M and one keyboard has this strange set of keys. Anyone know what they are called?

238609-0

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
Re: What are these keys?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 13:28:05 »
I've found a thread on Deskthority that had no luck getting any closer to the origin, the best guess was a typesetting program.

https://deskthority.net/viewtopic.php?t=15367

Really neat keys though.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow

Offline Rit

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 16:31:29 »
Thanks for the info! a few people so think that they are custom keys for some company. Apparently that wasn't uncommon 'back in the day'.

Offline jacethesaltsculptor

• IBM = I Buy Model-M's
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:55:11 »
Thanks for the info! a few people so think that they are custom keys for some company. Apparently that wasn't uncommon 'back in the day'.

It'd make the most sense, some sort of typesetting company.

IF you have a whole set, I'd love to see pictures to help document that they exist. There is very little out there about them, but they are more than a one time set.

Heck, since no-one else has documented them, you might even get to name them. Like Kish got his name on the Kishsaver.

Unicomp M122 - Unicomp Classic Trackball - IBM Model M13 - IBM Model F122 - IBM Model F Bigfoot - IBM Model F AT - Ducky Shine 3 Yellow