Author Topic: Dai ichi Yellow - Very strange indeed...  (Read 164 times)

Online Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Dai ichi Yellow - Very strange indeed...
« on: Fri, 03 May 2024, 23:56:09 »
This is probably the strangest switch I have. It's a mx clone called dai ichi yellow, it's this very strange mx clone made by this random manufacturer that there is like no info on at all or I just missed it for some reason.

The weird thing about it is that it has a click leaf, unlike other mx clones, which confuses me a lot. I don't think I've seen a switch do this apart from those zeal clickiez which apparently have a click jacket. It actually feels alright, like if you gave me this I would probably type on and be fine and like it. It's a lot more tactile when not in a keyboard though. I looked around and someone said that there was binding with the switches, I only have one cause it was sent alongside another switch that will be in a small build.

the top is the dai ichi yellow, bottom a cherry clicky switch (sorry for poor image quality but I just got this today and I am very confused about it)

It's loud af and like rattles if you shake like there is something lose in it, but it's just the click leaf moving around hitting the switch housing making that metallic sound.

Just a very strange switch in general, but honestly more mx switches should do click leafs like this, could actually be pretty nice. (that aren't a dollar a switch please)