Author Topic: [GB] KAT Refined *** FIRST SETS DELIVERED ***  (Read 166336 times)

Offline WillyWortel

Re: [GB] KAT Refined *** FIRST SETS DELIVERED ***
« Reply #300 on: Tue, 05 July 2022, 16:20:39 »
These look amazing  :eek:. Waiting patiently for mine to be shipped.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #301 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 08:30:43 »
More photos by /u/hud731/

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #302 on: Wed, 06 July 2022, 10:04:40 »
The legends look very sharp. Nice work.

Offline Luna

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 06:27:33 »
Are these being shipped from vendors now?

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #304 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 09:10:34 »
Are these being shipped from vendors now?

no :).. that will still take some time.

The photos u see come from people who bought from zFrontier (China). None of the other vendors have received them yet.

Offline Luna

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 07 July 2022, 09:13:40 »
Ah ok, thanks!

« Last Edit: Sun, 10 July 2022, 07:27:50 by Luna »

Offline thelaughingman

• Simultaneously the most starry-eyed idealist and t
« Reply #306 on: Sun, 10 July 2022, 04:01:04 »
Got an update from the VNese GB organiser that our orders are on the way to Vietnam, should reach in 2 weeks or so. Very excited!!!!

Offline Winzel

« Reply #307 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 02:18:17 »
the stem of stepped caps that i got broke out of the box. is there a way to get a replacement?

Offline VellFlamm

« Reply #308 on: Mon, 18 July 2022, 04:32:51 »
the stem of stepped caps that i got broke out of the box. is there a way to get a replacement?

Contact your vendor

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 03:07:59 »
Seems like most (all?) vendors have received shipping notifications so all kits should be on their way. No idea how long it will take though, but hopefully you all have your stuff soon.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 21 July 2022, 19:57:50 »
Seems like most (all?) vendors have received shipping notifications so all kits should be on their way. No idea how long it will take though, but hopefully you all have your stuff soon.

Not sure about other countries, for Vietnam we have all received the set this week. The box art is quite fancy hehe

Offline i luv chuletas

« Reply #311 on: Sat, 23 July 2022, 17:23:41 »
What a long...long...long journey this has been. Hopefully they are as good as we all hoped.

To all of those getting theirs, enjoy guys!

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #312 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 04:45:19 »
Here are some photos of my boards donning KAT Refined - the legend is great! KAT as a profile is awesome, I immediately swap out the MT3 ABS sets with these.

289494-0 289496-1

Wondering if anybody has similar issues:
- the WOB set I got from GB by local vendor - the WOB alpha has both scooped and barred homing keys
- the BOW set I got 2nd hand from a guy who bought through zFrontier - the alpha kit is missing scooped homing keys, barred homing keys are still there. This must be poor QC from the factory because the kit once I got it was still 100% sealed.

Overall, happy with almost 2 years waiting!

Offline SmallSon

• Nordic layout? Sign me up!
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 06:04:25 »
My set from Mykeyboard has not shipped yet, if that eases anyone elses mind (L)

Offline PantoneC

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 28 July 2022, 08:10:05 »
Here are some photos of my boards donning KAT Refined - the legend is great! KAT as a profile is awesome, I immediately swap out the MT3 ABS sets with these.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

Wondering if anybody has similar issues:
- the WOB set I got from GB by local vendor - the WOB alpha has both scooped and barred homing keys
- the BOW set I got 2nd hand from a guy who bought through zFrontier - the alpha kit is missing scooped homing keys, barred homing keys are still there. This must be poor QC from the factory because the kit once I got it was still 100% sealed.

Overall, happy with almost 2 years waiting!
If you look on the first page you can see both bow wob alpha only comes with one set of homing bar keys your set is correct.

Offline thelaughingman

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 00:31:48 »
If the alpha kit is supposed to only come with barred homing keys, then what are the scooped homing keys doing in my WOB set? And why were they even produced in the first place if the set does not meant to have them? 🤔🤔🤔

Offline nbesa

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 29 July 2022, 22:27:44 »
Had the same experience, WoB came with scooped and BoW didn't 😂 Pretty weird.

My f-row BoW kit came with 2 Insert keys instead of a Scroll lock key, complained with zFrontier and still no answer more than a week later...

Offline ggggggg

• schmeiß die forties durch den club
« Reply #317 on: Sat, 30 July 2022, 00:03:08 »
The scooped homing keys were snuck into WoB by Keyreative because of the difficulty they have trying to dye the area around the homing bar. They really should've included them on BoW as well though to balance the sets, that's such a weird move.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #318 on: Mon, 01 August 2022, 03:18:56 »
The scooped homing keys were snuck into WoB by Keyreative because of the difficulty they have trying to dye the area around the homing bar. They really should've included them on BoW as well though to balance the sets, that's such a weird move.

This is the correct reason. They mentioned to me that they would be included a while back because of this but I always assumed it would be for both BoW and WoB. I had no issues around the bars on my WoB samples so wasn't really necessary in the end so think we should just accept it as a nice bonus. Hopefully your barred WoB's came out with no issues.

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #319 on: Mon, 22 August 2022, 14:28:53 »
Shipping to US customers now.
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Nessism

« Reply #320 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 20:03:25 »
Where are my keycaps!!!!!!!!!!

Do these win the world record for the longest lasting group buy?  Seems like it to me. :mad:

Offline popkorn62

• No keyboards for old men
    • Mekibo
« Reply #321 on: Wed, 24 August 2022, 20:25:05 »

Do these win the world record for the longest lasting group buy?  Seems like it to me. :mad:

We are trying to ship as quickly as we can
==============
https://mekibo.com/

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #322 on: Thu, 25 August 2022, 11:37:57 »

KAT Atlantis was 866 days for me.
KAT Refined is at 690 days, it won't beat Atlantis I hope.

Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline Nessism

« Reply #323 on: Fri, 26 August 2022, 17:12:06 »

We are trying to ship as quickly as we can

thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU

Caps arrived today!!! Hallelujah!!!

Offline ArsChromatica

« Reply #324 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 09:03:43 »
Received my sets yesterday (all BOW) and everything looks to be in order! I haven't put them on a board yet, but the quality and alignment looks pretty good out of the box and I'm happy with them. Now to see if I even like the profile :D MacSurfy, thank you for the sweet design and regular updates!

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 13:26:13 »
Received my sets yesterday (all BOW) and everything looks to be in order! I haven't put them on a board yet, but the quality and alignment looks pretty good out of the box and I'm happy with them. Now to see if I even like the profile :D MacSurfy, thank you for the sweet design and regular updates!

Thank you for your support. Very happy to see these posts, DMs and photos pop up daily now. The journey is finally over for some of you :). Hopefully all vendors can send out the sets within a few weeks.

Offline SquareNine

« Reply #326 on: Tue, 30 August 2022, 21:52:41 »
Received my set yesterday and very happy with it. Also the 7u spacebar was wrapped separately and shoved into the box so took me a bit to find heh
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 August 2022, 22:10:01 by SquareNine »

Offline Reyhn3

« Reply #327 on: Thu, 01 September 2022, 09:26:54 »
Where can I get a set if I missed the GB with almost two years? (:
The listed vendors do not have any ):

Offline mrvco

« Reply #328 on: Fri, 02 September 2022, 11:14:03 »
I received my WoB and BoW sets yesterday.  They look good, but these new KAT sets are more KAT v2 than OG KAT.  Comparing KAT Alpha side-by-side with KAT Refined and Iron, the sculpt doesn't seem to be as pronounced.  Also, the texture and typing feel doesn't feel quite as solid as it was on OG KAT (although my gram scale says they weight the same, at least to the tenth of a gram).  Edit: the texture and feel does still feel quite good and I'm probably splitting hairs a bit too finely here.
« Last Edit: Fri, 02 September 2022, 17:58:40 by mrvco »

Offline Adelscott

« Reply #329 on: Sat, 03 September 2022, 14:57:36 »
I received my WoB and BoW sets yesterday.  They look good, but these new KAT sets are more KAT v2 than OG KAT.  Comparing KAT Alpha side-by-side with KAT Refined and Iron, the sculpt doesn't seem to be as pronounced.  Also, the texture and typing feel doesn't feel quite as solid as it was on OG KAT (although my gram scale says they weight the same, at least to the tenth of a gram).  Edit: the texture and feel does still feel quite good and I'm probably splitting hairs a bit too finely here.

Didn't receive mine yet, it's en route to mk.eu, but I bet it the same molds as KAT Space Cadet which was already different from KAT Milkshake. I won the two (and over KAT sets) and although they are different I love them just as much.
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #330 on: Sun, 04 September 2022, 16:50:54 »
I received my sets a few days ago and these came out great. The legends are super crisp and seem to be well centered on the sets I've opened. The reverse dye sub seems to be very even too. Great work Mac!

Offline biffen

« Reply #331 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 04:05:26 »
Heard back from mk.eu.
They expect second shipment from manufacturer next week. They hope to send it to customers shortly after QC and packing. ETA September at least.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #332 on: Wed, 07 September 2022, 15:37:14 »
legends are super crisp and seem to be well centered on the sets I've opened.

If they're centered you need to ask for a refund  ;D :cool:

Thank you though! Great to hear!

Offline WillyWortel

« Reply #333 on: Sat, 10 September 2022, 15:41:22 »
Received my KAT Refined from MYKEYBOARD.eu today. The caps look awesome :)

Offline macclack

• Macclack
« Reply #334 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 13:49:20 »
Where can I get a set if I missed the GB with almost two years? (:
The listed vendors do not have any ):

If you're interested in WOB set I have an extra I can sell you. PM me

Offline Damage

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 12 September 2022, 22:05:59 »
Just wanted to say thanks to MacSurfy for this set! Mine came out great, and I’m digging the look and feel. You’ve basically perfected KAT legends. Gotta like that.
291283-0

Offline nbesa

« Reply #336 on: Mon, 19 September 2022, 15:12:35 »
Had the same experience, WoB came with scooped and BoW didn't 😂 Pretty weird.

My f-row BoW kit came with 2 Insert keys instead of a Scroll lock key, complained with zFrontier and still no answer more than a week later...

Update: They sent the missing Scroll Key and an extra 7U spacebar because mine was warped, all is looking good now. Pretty happy with this set overall, thanks for all the work MacSurfy!

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #337 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 05:42:13 »
Awesome, thank you all! I am receiving my sets today. Better late than never :)

Offline KiyPhi

« Reply #338 on: Tue, 20 September 2022, 17:21:15 »
Didn't receive mine yet, it's en route to mk.eu, but I bet it the same molds as KAT Space Cadet which was already different from KAT Milkshake. I won the two (and over KAT sets) and although they are different I love them just as much.
I received mine and they are definitely not the same as my previous KAT keycaps. The area of the top of the keycap you press is much smaller and the whole keycaps are differently shaped. Perhaps to save plastic? It feels more like I'm typing on cherry keycaps instead of KAT. I really appreciate the work MacSurfy put into this set though. They look amazing. It is a shame they had to change the molds without telling anyone.
291579-0291581-1291583-2291585-3
« Last Edit: Tue, 20 September 2022, 18:38:58 by KiyPhi »

Offline soapstone

« Reply #339 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 08:04:23 »
Hello, I received my key caps on Tuesday (20/9) although only got round to opening them up today. They are very nice and worth the wait. But unfortunately I have a problem with my order - missing spacebars. Can anyone help me out and confirm what spacebars should have been with the alphas kits please? I thought there should have been two spacebars in the alphas kit, one being 6.25U and one 7U. Is that right or did I make an error when I ordered by not including the spacebars kit in addition to the alphas kit? Either way, sadly I am missing the spacebars which I thought should have been in the alphas kit. I see others saying that the spacebars were packaged separately loose in the box but that was not the case for me. I've opened every kit box and they are not in any of the other trays. Feeling quite sad as I was looking forward to putting this kit on my board but a missing spacebar is a fairly large omission, although so is any missing key I guess  :(

I have reached out to my vendor, mykeyboard.eu, and I hope they can help although I see there are no extras for sale on the website at this time.

Post modified to put in the actual date I received the caps so as not to mislead anyone - I previously wrote it was last week however I got an email about the delivery last week but the actual delivery was Tuesday this week.
« Last Edit: Fri, 23 September 2022, 08:19:33 by soapstone »

Offline KiyPhi

« Reply #340 on: Fri, 23 September 2022, 13:36:53 »
Hello, I received my key caps on Tuesday (20/9) although only got round to opening them up today. They are very nice and worth the wait. But unfortunately I have a problem with my order - missing spacebars. Can anyone help me out and confirm what spacebars should have been with the alphas kits please? I thought there should have been two spacebars in the alphas kit, one being 6.25U and one 7U. Is that right or did I make an error when I ordered by not including the spacebars kit in addition to the alphas kit? Either way, sadly I am missing the spacebars which I thought should have been in the alphas kit. I see others saying that the spacebars were packaged separately loose in the box but that was not the case for me. I've opened every kit box and they are not in any of the other trays. Feeling quite sad as I was looking forward to putting this kit on my board but a missing spacebar is a fairly large omission, although so is any missing key I guess  :(

I have reached out to my vendor, mykeyboard.eu, and I hope they can help although I see there are no extras for sale on the website at this time.

Post modified to put in the actual date I received the caps so as not to mislead anyone - I previously wrote it was last week however I got an email about the delivery last week but the actual delivery was Tuesday this week.
You should get one spacebar in the plastic holder thing and one inside the box itself beside the case in a plastic wrap similar to what computer parts come in. Hopefully your vendor has some extra.

Offline Reyhn3

« Reply #341 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 02:52:39 »
So, for you guys who have received your sets, how are they?
How do they feel when you're typing?
And compared to unrefined KAT?

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #342 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 07:56:04 »

They're great and I am totally unbiased!

Offline Mr Chrome

« Reply #343 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 11:27:07 »
The alignment turned out insane! Is there any possibility of this set going in-stock now that we’ve seen the quality? Looks damned good and there’s nothing else like it.
“This plastic rectangle is alright. The plastic rectangles on top of it, though...”

Offline KiyPhi

« Reply #344 on: Mon, 03 October 2022, 20:57:57 »
I like mine quite a lot design wise. They are much... sharper? than unrefined KAT sets. I prefer the feel/sound of those ones but the refinement on lettering and color on this set is absolutely unmatched so they stay on my current board and the one upcoming.

Offline Rico

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 14:26:56 »
I just received my BOW and WOB sets, I am amazed how good they are compared to other KAT sets (not that the other sets I own are horrible).

First the alignment is close to perfection and legends are sharp.

But what amaze me the most is how good is the WOB set.
The black is very dark and uniform, I did not see any gradient problems on the side of the caps.
The shrinkage issue is also very contained and on most caps there is none, even on large modifier keys and on the spacebars.

Ty you MacSurfy!

Offline Endure

« Reply #346 on: Thu, 13 October 2022, 15:42:16 »
DeskHERO(CAN) just got theirs this week. Looks like they'll be heading out next week.

Some conversation in the discord is that the WOB 7U spacebar doesn't seem to reset properly. Could someone with that set double check?

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #347 on: Sat, 15 October 2022, 16:09:15 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 October 2023, 05:30:45 by Diggidy »

Offline Nuap

« Reply #348 on: Wed, 19 October 2022, 19:54:49 »
An update (not a good one) for those who ordered from the Oceania vendor:

Offline Elderbarry

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 18:14:09 »
Any idea when mekibo will run extras?

Would also love to see an update on extras. Was new to the hobby when ordering, realized I never bought the F-row kit...