Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 166484 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #700 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:27:35 »

I am always willing to admit that I was wrong if there is legitimate evidence to demonstrate it.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

every political / economic statement you've made on Geekhack has been proven wrong..

As always, your statements are devoid of evidence.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #701 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:31:18 »
I don't think it is fascism. I think it is rebalancing.

The world had been going down the wrong path for too long, so eventually the old order would give way.
Yeah, that was basically Hitler's selling point, too.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #702 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:44:42 »

The world had been going down the wrong path for too long, so eventually the old order would give way.

Every successful/ powerful political leader acts like hitler..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #703 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:49:53 »

I am always willing to admit that I was wrong if there is legitimate evidence to demonstrate it.                                                                                                                                                                                                   

every political / economic statement you've made on Geekhack has been proven wrong..

As always, your statements are devoid of evidence.

Hahhahaa.

First you said, Bernie,  how quickly you forgot..

Then you explained how Because of Bernie's economic policies, he's going to win..

Which I clearly remember correcting you on, how Wealth controls politics by default and taking wealth Away from those in Charge would quickly put Bernie out of the race..

THEN you went on to become a Hilary camper..   Again Tp4 said,  hey, this stuff won't work, because Hilary is an idler..

From the very beginning Tp4 was right about Bernie,  THEN Trump..

2 for 2.. Tp4

negative 3 .. fohat.dig..

negative because you're probably wrong about other stuff I forgot you were wrong about.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #704 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:13:41 »

My objection was that fohat did not specify that Saudi Arabia supplied oil to America. I would like to think that America is concerned enough about the rest of the world to be extra considerate of Saudi Arabia for all the reasons you just specified.

I did not specify "to America" and I don't think that the US is concerned enough about the rest of the world for its (the world's) own sake as it is for how global conditions affect the US.

What I meant was that I was trying to defend you by saying you didn't specify America and yet the counter argument was how Saudi Arabia doesn't supply much oil to America, hence my links to show how much they supply the rest of the world.

In the grand scheme..

Trump will be good for HUMANITY..

Simply because he brings a great deal of shakeup to the status quo..

It's really not about policy or the sum you measure...  It's about awakening.. 

How does limiting abortions and ignoring climate change benefit humanity?

I don't see how you can justify either of those things? Even being as totally dense as you are? Usually I'm very tolerant of what you say tp, but I cannot see how you can possibly think that either of those things are good for anybody???
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #705 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:16:22 »

And even if that were true, do you think that's the way it should be?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #706 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:26:05 »

do you think that's the way it should be?

No point in feeding the troll. You will just get an ever-increasing avalanche of amoral Chinese psycho-babble.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #707 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:32:57 »

I don't see how you can justify either of those things? Even being as totally dense as you are? Usually I'm very tolerant of what you say tp, but I cannot see how you can possibly think that either of those things are good for anybody???

Sigh............... ok.. don't usually like talking about abortion, because people often get the human-rights aspect of it muddled with the BIOLOGICAL FUNCTIONAL aspect of it..

Here goes..

ABORTION is the consequence of a Hijacking maneuver.

This Hijacking is in the form of inconsequential-sex.. WHICH IS equivalent in practice to any forms of drug use..

First let's discuss what the Colloquial drug use IS..

DRUG USE, is anything that makes you feel good, with little utility towards expanding the Productivity Frontier..

Money (The Tabulator-y aspect of modern economic metrics), must be put aside for a moment in this discussion.

"" If ya'll computer guys remember , they give you that thought experiment in 101,  what would happen if a computer could press its own buttons..

If you program a reward system for an AI,  then you give it the ability to press that rewards button regardless of the work it is tasked to do..

What would happen. ??""

That is fundamentally what DRUG USE is..

When one Eat when not hungry..

One drinks alcohol..

One does Hard Drugs..

Two have Sex with no-intention / no-ability to produce or raise children..

ALL of these things WHILE NOT absolutely without purpose,  is among the least productive tasks..  because productivity is when you take Hammer to Natural resources..  I'm not Marxist,  but this is just one thing they got right.

So.. keep in mind..  Limiting abortion may not be the right way to go about it...   But it is NOT something that's fundamentally wrong for a GOVERNMENT policy..

Governments need children.. The Nation needs Children.. 

The United States is lucky to have a great piece of land,  attracting foreigners to join the cause.. (currently a necessity for maintaining population)

But with all this great stuff,  People still have fewer kids than they should be having. Our Great American birthrate is BELOW 2.0

This is due to the fundamental plight to all procreative systems, when Pleasure is disconnected from the PURPOSE behind those pleasures...

Abortion is your right.. You own your body, FINE,    but you'll probably get it done one way or another..   it's really not that hard a physical task to accomplish.. so the LAW has little to do with practical applications

If we have extremely efficient system to facilitate the task,  it would only further promotes inconsequential pleasure seeking, WHICH is GENERALLY Not good for society..

Now, as for the role of sex...   It's the most powerful NATURAL motivator humans possess.. Because reproduction is a vital function for all lifeforms..    Modernity has made light of this in face of other rewards....

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #708 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:34:17 »

do you think that's the way it should be?

No point in feeding the troll. You will just get an ever-increasing avalanche of amoral Chinese psycho-babble.

Hahaha.. I always knew you were a racist bigot on the inside..

Right before these posts, I prove you wrong yet again.. and that time for Lying..

Now you pile on the name-calling..

/ fohat.dig.. so trashy..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #709 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:41:02 »

It's a HUMAN limitation.. there's no inherent EVIL to these people..  that's just the only way humans can claw to the top of other humans..

The insatiable drive (appetite) for power,  to the point of sickness..

Think about how many people are in your path...   Only a certain type of humans with that certain pathology can truly get ahead..

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #710 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 11:57:44 »

I usually stay out of stupid threads like this that become pointless but please do yourself some reading before responding.  Trump NEVER limited abortion his executive order states US Funding for international family preparation can not go towards abortions or organizations that fund or are active in abortions.  Funding = Tax payer dollars.  Ask me NO i don't think my tax money that I pay dearly each year should go for international abortions, it needs to go back into rebuilding the US infrastructure.    Saying tax payers money will not go to abortions is not limiting it is telling people/countries to pay for their own abortions.  The US gives 600million for funding of international family preparation and supplies think about that number for a little.  It is more than most of on this forum combined will make in a life time that goes to help international families why who helps us in the US? 

People have lost sight abortion is not a form of birth control, that is the problem we have people using abortion as a form of birth control.  Maybe people should learn what causes child birth and maybe look into doing something else with there past time instead of baby making.   This is the problem killing a child because the parents didn't know how to say maybe wear a condom (before you say it they can't afford protection than it goes further to say maybe they shouldn't be doing it, I didn't go Ferrari shopping because why I can't afford it) or maybe we should just watch a movie is murdering a child..... Abortion for a rape victim or a mentally ill person is a completely different issue and case all together tho I will say that. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:00:21 by iceman2733 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #711 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:00:34 »

I usually stay out of stupid threads like this that become pointless but please do yourself some reading before responding.  Trump NEVER limited abortion his executive order states US Funding for international family preparation can not go towards abortions or organizations that fund or are active in abortions.  Funding = Tax payer dollars.  Ask me NO i don't think my tax money that I pay dearly each year should go for international abortions, it needs to go back into rebuilding the US infrastructure.    Saying tax payers money will not go to abortions is not limiting it is telling people/countries to pay for their own abortions.  The US gives 600million for funding of international family preparation and supplies think about that number for a little.  It is more than most of on this forum combined will make in a life time that goes to help international families why who helps us in the US? 

People have lost sight abortion is not a form of birth control, that is the problem we have people using abortion as a form of birth control.  Maybe people should learn what causes child birth and maybe look into doing something else with there past time instead of baby making.   This is the problem killing a child because the parents didn't know how to say maybe where a condom or maybe we should just watch a movie is murdering a child..... Abortion for a rape victim or a mentally ill person is a completely different issue and case all together tho I will say that. 

/total agreement ....

Although I am always looking at the Process side to the procreative process,  rather than the consequence side as you have..

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #712 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:14:23 »

People have lost sight abortion is not a form of birth control, that is the problem we have people using abortion as a form of birth control.  Maybe people should learn what causes child birth and maybe look into doing something else with there past time instead of baby making.   This is the problem killing a child because the parents didn't know how to say maybe wear a condom (before you say it they can't afford protection than it goes further to say maybe they shouldn't be doing it, I didn't go Ferrari shopping because why I can't afford it) or maybe we should just watch a movie is murdering a child..... Abortion for a rape victim or a mentally ill person is a completely different issue and case all together tho I will say that.

Apparently you usually stay out of *all* threads. This is a hell-of-a-first post. And you might (*might*) have an intellectual argument in there if the people who fight for defunding/banning/obstructing access to abortions weren't *also* working hard at fighting aforementioned education and access to prophylatics. Thus, this ends up as a thinly veiled argument to make sure that women are kept under control by any means necessary.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #713 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:16:18 »

Apparently you usually stay out of *all* threads apparently. This is a hell-of-a-first post. And you might (*might*) have an intellectual argument in there if the people who fight for defunding/banning/obstructing access to abortions weren't *also* working hard at fighting aforementioned education and access to prophylatics. Thus, this ends up as a thinly veiled argument to make sure that women are kept under control by any means necessary.

Not every policy is going to have isolate outcomes.. and the majority of these modern day (MAJOR) topics are ultimately inconsequential except for News Headlines..

The battle is only in ones mind..

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #714 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:24:53 »

Apparently you usually stay out of *all* threads. This is a hell-of-a-first post. And you might (*might*) have an intellectual argument in there if the people who fight for defunding/banning/obstructing access to abortions weren't *also* working hard at fighting aforementioned education and access to prophylatics. Thus, this ends up as a thinly veiled argument to make sure that women are kept under control by any means necessary.

Why is US tax payers problem to fund all of that??  How many other countries contribute to this fund? The argument still stands, why should US tax dollars go to fund international happy hour?  Who helps the US tax payers?  I haven't seen anyone chiming in to help any tax payers with child birth cost?  I didn't see any organizations/individuals chiming in when my child was in the NICU for almost a month, not a single one.  Funny thing is people is looking for any reason to hate this man, the funny thing is the this act was put in place long before his time by Reagan (1973) and has been put back in and out by each office change since than.  For people that want to pay for abortions for international couples please do, nothing stops them from donating.  Funny how so many in the US go hungry, go without any help while barely making wages to keep food on there table for there family but as a country we aren't worried about that we are worried about international happy hour and funding the aftermath of it.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #715 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:28:18 »

Why is US tax payers problem to fund all of that??  How many other countries contribute to this fund? The argument still stands, why should US tax dollars go to fund international happy hour?  Who helps the US tax payers?  I haven't seen anyone chiming in to help any tax payers with child birth cost?  I didn't see any organizations/individuals chiming in when my child was in the NICU for almost a month, not a single one.  Funny thing is people is looking for any reason to hate this man, the funny thing is the this act was put in place long before his time by Reagan (1973) and has been put back in and out by each office change since than.  For people that want to pay for abortions for international couples please do, nothing stops them from donating.  Funny how so many in the US go hungry, go without any help while barely making wages to keep food on there table for there family but as a country we aren't worried about that we are worried about international happy hour and funding the aftermath of it.

Your first post is a discussion.

You're just picking fights now.. hahahaha..

Offline iceman2733

« Reply #716 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:35:23 »

Sorry didn't mean for it to be good sir and I really don't mean to single out the other gentleman.  My point is this act was put in place I do understand the UN does works with organizations to help population control.  My point is only as adults we should understand for each action there is a a consequence.  Cause and affect.  Provide help to those that truly need it but murdering babies because the adults do understand the consequence to there actions is needless.  Not meaning to pick a fight but as a working class guy with a family I am sick of everyone else living off of our hard earned tax dollars while the rest of us do the best we can and live and pay for our consequences. 

Sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar my goodness this screen protector is horrible on my phone lol
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:40:00 by iceman2733 »

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #717 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:41:38 »
I haven't seen anyone chiming in to help any tax payers with child birth cost?  I didn't see any organizations/individuals chiming in when my child was in the NICU for almost a month, not a single one.

I think you will find lots of us who want to ensure access for all Americans to a full range of medical care (which includes prophylactics, emergency prophylactics, and abortion) that is efficient and covered by the collective wealth of our country (I.e. Taxes) so no one has to bear the burden of onerous costs to get the care they need. You just might not find them with an R attached to their name. Hope your kiddo is doing well.

As far as the world goes, I think our modest investment pays off, as peace and prosperity in the world is great for our prosperity. How much that investment should be is always up for debate, but I don't think any rational person puts the correct amount at zero.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #718 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:44:01 »

Sorry didn't mean for it to be good sir and I really don't mean to single out the other gentleman.  My point is this act was put in place I do understand the UN does works with organizations to help population control.  My point is only as adults we should understand for each action there is a a consequence.  Cause and affect.  Provide help to those that truly need it but murdering babies because the adults do understand the consequence to there actions is needless.  Not meaning to pick a fight but as a working class guy with a family I am sick of everyone else living off of our hard earned tax dollars while the rest of us do the best we can and live and pay for our consequences. 

Sorry for the horrible spelling and grammar my goodness this screen protector is horrible on my phone lol

NONO.. say whatever you want to say.. This is a Tp4 thread..

That means you can say whatever you want..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #719 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:47:05 »
I haven't seen anyone chiming in to help any tax payers with child birth cost?  I didn't see any organizations/individuals chiming in when my child was in the NICU for almost a month, not a single one.

I think you will find lots of us who want to ensure access for all Americans to a full range of medical care (which includes prophylactics, emergency prophylactics, and abortion) that is efficient and covered by the collective wealth of our country (I.e. Taxes) so no one has to bear the burden of onerous costs to get the care they need. You just might not find them with an R attached to their name. Hope your kiddo is doing well.

As far as the world goes, I think our modest investment pays off, as peace and prosperity in the world is great for our prosperity. How much that investment should be is always up for debate, but I don't think any rational person puts the correct amount at zero.

Well.. ok... but as you've said.. it's an investment..  foreign aid is not aid.. it's a business venture/ incentive..

So, in that way,  the nation enters the battle ground..

It's a fight ..

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #720 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:50:41 »

Well.. ok... but as you've said.. it's an investment..  foreign aid is not aid.. it's a business venture/ incentive..

It's a fight ..

I don't think it's a competition. But geek hack, OT, and a TP thread isn't really where I want to dive deep on macroeconomic theory.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #721 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 12:53:08 »

It's a fight ..

I don't think it's a competition. But geek hack, OT, and a TP thread isn't really where I want to dive deep on macroeconomic theory.

My point is..  what an abortion policy means to you personally or even WOMEN of America..   has very little to do with its actual purpose when proposed by the government.

The government isn't a belief system.. it's a managerial entity to promote growth..

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #722 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 13:12:16 »
Abortion is your right.. You own your body, FINE,    but you'll probably get it done one way or another..   it's really not that hard a physical task to accomplish.. so the LAW has little to do with practical applications

If we have extremely efficient system to facilitate the task,  it would only further promotes inconsequential pleasure seeking, WHICH is GENERALLY Not good for society..

I deleted the first bit because it doesn't make any sense. But this second bit is actually a huge problem in the attitude towards abortion.

If people want to get an abortion, they are going to get one, you are right. But with these plans, there is less advice about abortions, meaning people don't know where the safe places are to go. This increases the risk of suffering serious injury or death to a woman attempting to go through alternate routes.

Wanting an abortion is not due to drug taking or "pleasure seeking". Birth control does fail, vasectomies do fail. For some of these people, there is no other option, other than abortion. Nobody WANTS to get an abortion. It's not like; aaaah, if I get pregnant I will just get an abortion. It is a horrendous and traumatic experience. If abortion was illegal, these people would still get abortions. And a great many more people would die due to the lack of regulation or expertise.

More

You are right, he hasn't limited abortions. Not directly. This is a ploy to appeal to both sides, but it is a stepping stone to putting a very real limit on abortions.

See above in relation to your birth control comment.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #723 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 20:38:53 »
*Googles 'tiny hands'

*all results are pics of Trump

Offline dantan

« Reply #724 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 22:51:03 »
I am not against abortion, but let me point out, an abortion costs a lot. $350-$5000 in countries where it is legal. Average seems to be $500.

Condoms don’t even cost 0.1% as much.

For the cost of one abortion, you can fund condoms for years.

I don’t see why taxpayer money should go towards funding abortion if significant numbers of people are strongly opposed to it. Trump hasn’t outlawed abortion, nor should it be outlawed. Just don’t use other people’s money to pay for something that ultimately you are responsible for.

In reply to Chyros:
Your comparison of Trump to Hitler is a really cheap, facile and misleading comparison.
Hitler was a good orator who stirred the masses. So was Winston Churchill. Hitler = Churchill?
Roosevelt came up with policies that took care of the jobless working masses. Hitler had similar selling points. Hitler = Roosevelt?
As Nicholas Kristof pointed out, there are many ways on which you can attack Trump. But liberals are getting all emotional and behaving deplorably and attacking in meaningless ways. Such as that gay professor who attacked Ivanka Trump on a flight when she was with her kids, and tweeted about it like some kind of great hero. Or that SNL writer who tried to make a 10 year old into a school shooter. Or even that Buzzfeed leak of allegedly totally ridiculous antics by Donald Trump in Moscow.

When Obama was elected I was very irritated to see the right wing make all kinds of racist comments such as calling him Omuzzie or comparing his family to monkeys. But now it is obvious the left wing is no less hateful and no less capable of dressing their hate up as righteousness.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #725 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 01:34:14 »

Wanting an abortion is not due to drug taking or "pleasure seeking". Birth control does fail, vasectomies do fail. For some of these people, there is no other option, other than abortion. Nobody WANTS to get an abortion. It's not like; aaaah, if I get pregnant I will just get an abortion. It is a horrendous and traumatic experience. If abortion was illegal, these people would still get abortions. And a great many more people would die due to the lack of regulation or expertise.

The human procreative process is very different from pre-society.

By design it is the BEST feeling thing a human being can experience naturally.

Feeling good at no consequence  IS drug seeking..

There's no real difference..

The entire system of (Feeling good)  is designed around writing into memory, a completed task which IN SOME WAY facilitated the procreative process..

Elective abortion may not Always be the result of pleasure seeking,  but a stance on wide availability is a reduction in consequence of such pleasures..

That is bad for growth.. and is the reason every advanced nation has inadequate birth rate..

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #726 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 01:38:43 »

You missed my point.. hahaha..

When America goes to Iraq..  They take the banner Freedom.. 

But the reality is , Disrupt middle eastern politics, GET CHEAPER OIL..

So, when people begin to argue their beliefs,   they're putting aside the PRACTICAL reason why we do what we do..

EVERYONE including policy makers know right from wrong.. We've all heard the virtues, we've all been taught to share..

But that system doesn't exist in reality, because reality is not in perfect agreement on who gets what..

That's why we still fight..  That's why we have crazy foreign policies, that may seem terrible on personal levels,  but are a necessity for the operation of the nation..

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #727 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 04:19:45 »

Unlimited mass migration, unlimited trade ignoring the welfare of the working class in one's own country, unconditional PC and acceptance of other religions without regard to the social tensions and conflicts, eventually it would have been too much to swallow for many people.

You may disagree with me, but plenty of people agree with me and that’s why Trump has considerable support despite his many flaws.

Trump may have won with a minority of the popular vote, but he won with a huge majority in the electoral college. If you consider counties, this victory is even more lopsided: 2623 to 489 counties for Hillary most of which are urban and pretty small.

If the USA were to split into 2 countries now, the ‘deplorables’ would own over 90% of the continental USA and Hillary would have just a handful of coastal cities plus Chicago. Remove all the illegal immigrants plus the children of illegal immigrants who got free citizenships and the vote just because they were born here, and Hillary’s majority will vanish.

If you are born to illegal immigrants, you should not be given citizenship. It’s common sense. If I snuck onto your land, I am a trespasser. If I give birth to children while trespassing on your land, can my children gain inheritance rights to YOUR land?

If George Soros disagrees, I think the best thing the 'deplorables' can do is to send pregnant activists into Soros' mansion to give birth. Tah dah, now George Soros will have to pay for the kids' education and welfare and they gain inheritance rights.  :thumb:

Hey dantan, is what is happening in South Dakota par of your "rebalancing"? The people (mostly republican, white, low-ish education levels) put an anti-corruption bill on the ballot, passed it, and the state legislature just called for emergency procedures to be able to eliminate it. You can read about it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/24/south-dakota-republicans-are-about-to-get-rid-of-the-states-first-independent-ethics-commission/?utm_term=.d905051a86fa This won't the the last time in the coming years where lawmakers will fight to gut all of our voting rights and powers.

There's a word for when a single party system that rules from the top, ruthlessly and quickly, for the interest of the few under the guise of doing what's best for the nation because others can't be trusted. And it's not "rebalancing"

They are dong a similar thing in Maine, which just voted to use an approval voting system because a three-candidate race with plurality voting brought them two terms of Paul LePage, a miniature Trump occasionally says really, really dumb things.

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/01/11/lawmakers-may-seek-court-opinion-on-constitutionality-of-ranked-choice-voting/
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #728 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 04:46:26 »

Speaking of facism, our politiicians are trying to criminalize protests now, too.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/23/lawmakers-in-eight-states-have-proposed-laws-criminalizing-peaceful-protest/

Okay, okay, the bills I have seen are trying to prevent people from blocking traffic.  Harmless right?  Not really.  What they do is slowly take away your rights, little by little, when you don't even notice what is happening.  It starts with the ethics nonsense, restricting access to birth control methods, downright xenophobic immigration policies (all refugees and Muslim immigrants banned), resistance any kind of voting or electoral reform (except voting rights crackdowns based on conspiracy theories).  Before you know it, something that affects you or you care about is being attacked.

But that's the way people are, we usually don't care until something directly affects us.   It's only a matter of time before they come after something that affects or you wake up to it. 

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #729 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 07:54:49 »
yawn

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #730 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 08:18:01 »

there are many ways on which you can attack Trump. But liberals are getting all emotional and behaving deplorably and attacking in meaningless ways.

My attacks on Trump revolve around core issues, and his demonstrable incompetence and personal problems are contributive but ancillary.

- Assaults on fundamental American principles such as freedom of speech, press, religion, and assembly.
- Conflicts of interest throughout his administration which leave them beholden to specific entities rather than to will of the American people.
- Nominations of incompetent candidates to high positions based on criteria other than their technical qualifications.
- His apparent willingness to renege on this country's obligations around the world, and his disregard for the rule of law in general.

Clearly, I have also objected to nearly 100% of his stated policy positions, particularly those related to financial, social, and health-related issues, but those are based on my opinions and are separate from my fundamental objections to the ethical and legal issues listed above.

That said, it is hard not to get emotional about the deliberate fabrication and dissemination of outright falsehoods to the people who placed their trust in him.   

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #731 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 09:58:19 »

there are many ways on which you can attack Trump. But liberals are getting all emotional and behaving deplorably and attacking in meaningless ways.

My attacks on Trump revolve around core issues, and his demonstrable incompetence and personal problems are contributive but ancillary.

- Assaults on fundamental American principles such as freedom of speech, press, religion, and assembly.
- Conflicts of interest throughout his administration which leave them beholden to specific entities rather than to will of the American people.
- Nominations of incompetent candidates to high positions based on criteria other than their technical qualifications.
- His apparent willingness to renege on this country's obligations around the world, and his disregard for the rule of law in general.

- It's like in the matrix, they give us the belief that we're free, and as long as we feel like it's almost free,  we're ok with it..   BUT INREALITY, the government and capitalist powers enslaves us with debt and ever-rising cost...    Having basic freedoms are relatively benign relative to the bars we're in today..

- No large political entity are devoid of Capitalist influence, it has little to do with which one has more or less,  THEY"RE all heavily involved..

- I assure you they're more competant than you are.. For one, they're where they are, and you're still working a day job..  Power is less about how much you can withstand than how much you are capable of GRASPING at..

- Laws are broken all the time..  You play the game however you can.. As a president, he's allowed to change the rules.. It might be colloquially being a ****, but That's always been fundamental to good leadership.

In conclusion.... Trump //Best President..

Offline Parak

« Reply #732 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:23:17 »

I don’t see why taxpayer money should go towards funding abortion if significant numbers of people are strongly opposed to it. Trump hasn’t outlawed abortion, nor should it be outlawed. Just don’t use other people’s money to pay for something that ultimately you are responsible for.

Well, saying that the tax money is simply going towards mitigating unwanted side effects of procreation is quite misguided and is a drastically simplified dismissal of a significantly larger issue. For starters, the money is not only used for providing abortion related services, but also many other things such as basic contraceptives, cervical cancer screening, maternal health, STD prevention/treatment/education, and so on. By denying funding based on a small section of what an NGO does, it removes support for all of the above as well.

Secondly, as far as abortion itself is concerned, one also has to look at it through the lens of the countries that these NGOs serve in, not a modern one. We're talking countries where people don't have proper sex education, and have no idea what and how it actually happens. Countries where millions of uneducated underaged women get pregnant through no fault of their own. For that matter, how can people be responsible for their actions, especially women, if they are completely clueless, defenseless, and often basically kids? How can someone pin the blame for abortion on someone that may routinely be forced into marriage, raped in a war conflict, or abused by their family? Is the lack of empowerment of women in those countries really a thing that can be willfully ignored for the sake of simple hand-waving and excuses?

Earlier in the thread some voiced their discontent at overpopulation and high birth rates in some parts of the world, yet it's all quite conveniently forgotten when it's so easy to have a knee-jerk reaction. Well, here it is, the "liberal" solution to overpopulation - education, prevention, empowerment of women, and yes where needed, abortion. Helping countries cut down on high birth rates (primarily via education and birth control, not abortions), on vast poverty that results from that, is a far more preferred alternative than isolationism and eventual wars and migrant crises that will inevitably result. I wonder what is currently more acceptable, taxing people to help other countries, or taxing people to mingle in a conflict in other countries that is at least partially due to a population crisis. Relevant link, for those who can't bother to read long studies with statistics. Lack of access to basic contraceptives as the direct result of cut funding will only increase the rates of abortion and in turn since nobody will be able to perform them safely, high death rates for women attempting to have some semblance of normal life for themselves in abject poverty.

People are failing to see the forest for the trees, and when such outlooks become the de facto policies of the entire country it spits in the face of decades of hard scientific research and selfless work of millions that work and volunteer for NGOs in the hardest conditions possible. It seems that some are all too happy to start dancing on the freshly dug grave of progress.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 January 2017, 12:48:44 by Parak »

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #733 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 15:37:11 »
this thread makes me wanna puke more than my chemotherapy

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #734 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 15:43:09 »
On behalf of my friends and coworkers from Iran, what the actual **** is this retard doing?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #735 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 15:56:38 »
So let's hear some thoughts on the USA trading California to Mexico in return for Mexico paying to build the wall?

Then Cuba can be added as a state to keep the usa at 50.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #736 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 16:23:40 »
I guess I'm going to have to brush up on my Spanish.  Do you think they will get enough money to run the wall along the California/Arizona,Nevada, Oregon, border as well?

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #737 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 16:26:56 »

It's a HUMAN limitation.. there's no inherent EVIL to these people..  that's just the only way humans can claw to the top of other humans..

Think about how many people are in your path...   Only a certain type of humans with that certain pathology can truly get ahead..
You're completely evading the question.  Do you think the world should be ruled by people who, as you mentioned, are so sick with the lust for power that the only thing that matters to them is their own advancement? By people who will use minorities as scapegoats to further their agenda, and those who suppress political opposition to create a fascist dictatorship state?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #738 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 16:30:34 »

So let's hear some thoughts on the USA trading California to Mexico

Don't be ridiculous. California should annex Mexico and become the California Republic again. California's GDP is twice as large as Mexico's.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article83780667.html

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #739 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 17:16:57 »

So let's hear some thoughts on the USA trading California to Mexico

Don't be ridiculous. California should annex Mexico and become the California Republic again. California's GDP is twice as large as Mexico's.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article83780667.html

Again, you demonstrate no comprehension of Economics..   

GDP is only a tabulation of market transaction..

it is also not a quantity to be compared as 2 apple is more than 1 apple.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #740 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 17:21:14 »

You're completely evading the question.  Do you think the world should be ruled by people who, as you mentioned, are so sick with the lust for power that the only thing that matters to them is their own advancement? By people who will use minorities as scapegoats to further their agenda, and those who suppress political opposition to create a fascist dictatorship state?

I gave my answer.. You chose to not comprehend it.. hahahaha

Tp4 believes the world should be ran on a large mainframe, Only machines can make the objective decisions we need based on big-data.

As for the Humans..  My answer to that was simply,  There is NO OTHER WAY to organize humans besides this pyramidal model of servitude..

In the human system, you're slaving one processor to merely an equally capable processor..  The only thing holding all this together is this veil of money/power which says, processor 1 came after processor 0,  therefore do what processor 0 says..

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #741 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 18:09:47 »
Did anyone else catch Ashley Judd's recitation at the Women's event last week?

I should first say that I like to be gross at times.I love gross jokes; what can I say, I'm a guy. I must say however that Ashley Judd was able to do something that decades of foul mouthed comedians and worldly sailors couldn't. Her speech made me feel like puking. In her defense, she brought awareness to the fact that tampons are taxable ( I will gladly support the effort to make them tax exempt), but anything else that she was trying to say was lost in a vulgar stream of profane and hateful imagery. I know that Trump is partially to blame for lowering the bar of public discourse but just like it is inexcusable for Trump, so is it for anyone. I fear that men born straight will seek alternatives to women after hearing her graphic descriptions! I can only hope that the women cheering her on will be surprised and a little ashamed when they read a transcript of what she actually said.

On another note, I am also perplexed by not only her performance but also Meryl Streep's a few weeks earlier. They are both fine actresses. In fact, Streep may be among the best in the last century. I'm a decent public speaker but a horrible actor. Acting is hard. That is why I'm surprised by the almost amateurish overacting both displayed. Judd seemed relaxed but Streep was almost breathless; as if she was uncomfortable with her words.

The colorful speeches combined with the p---yhats are, no doubt, an appropriate appetizer for the main course they will be cooking up in the years to come.

« Last Edit: Sat, 28 January 2017, 18:11:26 by kurplop »

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #742 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 18:35:36 »

Tp4 believes the world should be ran on a large mainframe, Only machines can make the objective decisions we need based on big-data.

As for the Humans..  My answer to that was simply,  There is NO OTHER WAY to organize humans besides this pyramidal model of servitude..

In the human system, you're slaving one processor to merely an equally capable processor..  The only thing holding all this together is this veil of money/power which says, processor 1 came after processor 0,  therefore do what processor 0 says..
And let me guess, we can no longer afford to let communists sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids, either? :p

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #743 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 18:37:01 »

I should first say that I like to be gross at times.I love gross jokes; what can I say, I'm a guy. I must say however that Ashley Judd was able to do something that decades of foul mouthed comedians and worldly sailors couldn't. Her speech made me feel like puking. In her defense, she brought awareness to the fact that tampons are taxable ( I will gladly support the effort to make them tax exempt), but anything else that she was trying to say was lost in a vulgar stream of profane and hateful imagery. I know that Trump is partially to blame for lowering the bar of public discourse but just like it is inexcusable for Trump, so is it for anyone. I fear that men born straight will seek alternatives to women after hearing her graphic descriptions! I can only hope that the women cheering her on will be surprised and a little ashamed when they read a transcript of what she actually said.

On another note, I am also perplexed by not only her performance but also Meryl Streep's a few weeks earlier. They are both fine actresses. In fact, Streep may be among the best in the last century. I'm a decent public speaker but a horrible actor. Acting is hard. That is why I'm surprised by the almost amateurish overacting both displayed. Judd seemed relaxed but Streep was almost breathless; as if she was uncomfortable with her words.

The colorful speeches combined with the p---yhats are, no doubt, an appropriate appetizer for the main course they will be cooking up in the years to come.

Where are you guys being exposed to this weird stuff..

Tp4 only watches 2 channels cnbc and bloomberg

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #744 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 18:38:16 »

And let me guess, we can no longer afford to let communists sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids, either? :p

I don't sound that crazy...  we've had the matrix for years.. hahahahahahha

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #745 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:12:18 »

Maybe it's not over acting, but how they really feel?  After all, in neither case were they acting, so classifying it in the same vein as that seems... strange.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #746 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:23:42 »
googled the speech..

she really should've practiced it first..

I think the content is irrelevant as long as the delivery is good. but her performance is what made it awful

I say that because no matter what you say..  VERY generally, people want the same things.. so however you say something, in the end, intentions and goals are the same..  IN THAT way, content is never unique..

You can say... Tampon tampon tampon..  in the end,  people get it, you want equal rights for women..   you could say, you want equal rights for women, or tampon tampon tampon.. 

So.. there's no real difference in content and intention... the context (womens rights event) is good enough.. People already inherently know what they're about to hear before going to the event.

Now,  have someone pretty with a smooth voice say it,  and it works fine..

The delivery ultimately determines whether the message resonates with the audience..

Offline dante

« Reply #747 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:33:14 »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #748 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:49:34 »

Just read this transcript calmly in your own voice..

You'd see that it's not really that awful.. it's pretty straight forward..  Ashley Judd's performance is what made it hard to listen to..

[Ashley Judd:]
My name is Ashley Judd and I am a feminist! and I wanna say hello to Independence Avenue in the back to all the way down to 17th Street.

(Wow)

And I bring you words from Nina Donovan, a 19-year-old in Middle, Tennessee and she has given me the privilege of telling you what she has to say:

I am a nasty woman. I’m not as nasty as a man who looks like he bathes in Cheetos dust.

A man whose words are a distract to America.

Electoral college-sanctioned, hate-speech contaminating this national anthem.

I’m not as nasty as Confederate flags being tattooed across my city. Maybe the South actually is going to rise again. Maybe for some it never really fell.

Blacks are still in shackles and graves, just for being black. Slavery has been reinterpreted as the prison system in front of people who see melanin as animal skin.

I am not as nasty as a swastika painted on a pride flag, and I didn’t know devils could be resurrected but I feel Hitler in these streets. A mustache traded for a toupee. Nazis’ renamed the Cabinet Electoral Conversion Therapy, the new gas chambers shaming the gay out of America, turning rainbows into suicide notes.

I am not as nasty as racism, fraud, conflict of interest, homophobia, sexual assault, transphobia, white supremacy, misogyny, ignorance, white privilege.

I am not as nasty as using little girls like Pokeman before their bodies have even developed.

I am not as nasty as your daughter being your favorite sex symbol, like your wet dreams infused with your own genes. But – yeah, I’m a nasty woman – a loud, vulgar, proud woman.

I am not nasty like the combo of Trump and Pence being served up to me in my voting booth.

I’m nasty like the battles my grandmothers fought to get me into that voting booth.

I’m nasty like the fight for wage equality. Scarlett Johansson, why were the female actors paid less than half of what the male actors earned last year.

See, even when we do go into higher paying jobs our wages are still cut with blades sharpened by testosterone. Why is the work of a black woman and a hispanic woman worth only 63 and 54 cents of a white man’s privileged daughter? This is not a feminist myth. THIS IS INEQUALITY. So we are not here to be debunked. We are here to be respected. We are here to be nasty.

I’m nasty like my bloodstains on my bed sheets. We don’t actually choose if and when to have our periods. Believe me if we could some of us would. We do not like throwing away our favorite pairs of underpants. Tell me, why are pads and tampax still (Ooo that was a brand name) why are tampons and pads still taxed when Viagra and Rogaine are not? Is your erection really more than protecting the sacred messy part of my womanhood? Is the bloodstain on my jeans more embarrassing than the thinning of your hair?

I know it is hard to look at your own entitlement and privilege. You may be afraid of the truth.

I am unafraid to be honest.

It may sound petty bringing up a few extra cents.

It adds up to the pile of change I have yet to see in my country.

I can’t see. My eyes are too busy praying to my feet hoping you don’t mistake eye contact for wanting physical contact. Half my life – I have been zipping up my smile hoping you don’t think I want to unzip your jeans.

I am unafraid to be nasty because I am nasty like Susan, Elizabeth, Eleanor, Amelia, Rosa, Gloria, Condoleezza, Sonia, Malala, Michelle, Hillary!

And our pussies ain’t for grabbing.

There for reminding you that our walls are stronger than America’s ever will be.

Our pussies are for our pleasure. They are for birthing new generations of filthy, vulgar, nasty, proud, Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Sikh, you name it, for new generations of nasty women.

So if you – a nasty woman, or you love one who is, let me hear you say, hell yeah.

HELL YEAH!

HELL YEAH!

I LOVE YOU! THANK YOU!

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #749 on: Sat, 28 January 2017, 20:55:41 »
this thread makes me wanna puke more than my chemotherapy

Nobody forces you to click on it, but maybe check back when Trump does something stupid with our relationship with Canada, like slaps on some tariffs because Canada takes in too many refugees or is too politically correct or the CBC airs a skit that really rubs him the wrong way.

Anyways, I hope your cancer treatments are effective and other threads give you some joy.