Author Topic: OEM Discussion (Originally iOne Discussion) - The Good And The Bad?  (Read 56438 times)

Offline Morppoo

Re: OEM Discussion (Originally iOne Discussion) - The Good And The Bad?
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 05:46:07 »
All,

I forgot to mention in my earlier comments, I found the Moppoo website during my quest, here:

http://www.thenoppoo.com/world/

However, not much information at the site.

Morppoo

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 07:42:50 »
i have 2 monoprice blues coming into today for the office.  I'll grab some pictures and post them.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline FoxWolf1

« Reply #102 on: Tue, 19 February 2013, 10:37:00 »
However, not much information at the site.

There's more on the Chinese version; they don't really seem to update the international one.
Oberhofer Model 1101 | PadTech Hall Effect (Prototype) | RK RC930-104 v2 | IBM Model M | Noppoo TANK | Keycool Hero 104

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #103 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 16:21:01 »
i have 2 monoprice blues coming into today for the office.  I'll grab some pictures and post them.

I got 2 monoprices in the mail today.  nothing spectacular as expected.  They design was slightly changed for some reason.  It's not the worst thing i've ever typed on but most certainly not the best.

http://imgur.com/a/QoJpn#0 - album
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #104 on: Wed, 20 February 2013, 16:44:56 »

I got 2 monoprices in the mail today.  nothing spectacular as expected.  They design was slightly changed for some reason.  It's not the worst thing i've ever typed on but most certainly not the best.

http://imgur.com/a/QoJpn#0 - album

Looks like they start using stems similar to the Cherry 2.0 Mechanical Keyboard kind of style.  I heard it's less balanced compare to the OEM keycap stems.  Not sure how good it is on the Monoprice ones.

Also why do they to use gloss plastic.  Haven't they learn from Das Keyboard or Razer (though Razer did address that issue and corrected it)  =_____=

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #105 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 10:39:31 »
Just a pointer to the discussion about Topre.

BTW Hyde, care to update the list?

Offline Hyde

« Reply #106 on: Sun, 21 April 2013, 23:54:25 »
Just a pointer to the discussion about Topre.

BTW Hyde, care to update the list?

Ahhhh cool, I'll add that in tomorrow.  Too sleepy now  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline Hyde

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 22 April 2013, 21:16:03 »
Updated Topre info and also added Ducky Zero.

Offline MakeshiftMuse

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 00:32:06 »
Brilliant posts, everyone.  I have no input here, but I felt like I should thank everyone for theirs because shopping for my first mechanical keyboard has been a researching nightmare.  This has helped tremendously!  :D
Are there any first-hand accounts of the Rosewill 9100 (illuminated)?  I know there's been a lot of posts about Rosewill in general, but has anyone used one of these?
Lesppoo, hahahaha!  :))
OH YEAH!  As far as LED reliability, is there any one board that really stands out?  I've read that DOA/short-lived LED's is a problem for the majority of backlit keyboards.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 May 2013, 01:12:44 by MakeshiftMuse »

Offline Lunartuna

• Good bye money!
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 06:56:25 »
Brilliant posts, everyone.  I have no input here, but I felt like I should thank everyone for theirs because shopping for my first mechanical keyboard has been a researching nightmare.  This has helped tremendously!  :D
Are there any first-hand accounts of the Rosewill 9100 (illuminated)?  I know there's been a lot of posts about Rosewill in general, but has anyone used one of these?
Lesppoo, hahahaha!  :))
OH YEAH!  As far as LED reliability, is there any one board that really stands out?  I've read that DOA/short-lived LED's is a problem for the majority of backlit keyboards.

Try asking in the Simple questions, Simple answers thread found http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40501.0
Shine 2 TKL - Choc Mini

Offline qi3ber

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 18:37:32 »
I find myself in a similar situation to MakeshiftMuse, in that the information in this topic has been immensely helpful to me, and I wanted to thank you all for assembling it.

But since this is an OEM quality discussion, I have a question about Leopold.  I can see that Leopold is listed twice (under Topre and Unknown), but the only comments for them are that they are 'Good', where they are sourced and what type of keyboard they sell.

Is there anymore information about their boards besides the general comment of: 'Good'?
Leopold FC500 Browns

Offline Hyde

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 01 May 2013, 22:02:33 »
Reason for it to being listed twice because they generally only carry cherry MX boards, but they've recently announced to release 1 keyboard with Topre switch.

As for the quality, most members report it has similar quality to Filco.  Overall reception seems good, though with the rise of CM Storm overall Leopold is losing its popularity.

Also I wonder if they ninja switch OEM, I used to hear reports that it's made from Korea and Taiwan.  However some member have report that it's made in China recently.  Still need to confirm that though  :P

Offline qi3ber

« Reply #112 on: Thu, 02 May 2013, 01:21:19 »
Well, none of the storm boards appeal to me, so I'll throw my hat in with the Leopold. I can't guarantee that my newb opinion will be of much help to this thread, but at a minimum I'll be able to tell you where it claims to have been manufactured.
Leopold FC500 Browns