Author Topic: HHKB just died out of no where?  (Read 1793 times)

Offline snarfarlarkus

HHKB just died out of no where?
« on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 17:53:37 »
Hey everyone, I woke up this morning and my HHKB just stopped responding? It was working perfectly last night and I nothing happened over night that could affect its functionality?

When plugging it into my PC and laptop, the windows usb plug in and out sound plays but the inputs are not registered and it just doesn't work. Any help please?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: HHKB just died out of no where?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 20:06:15 »
Don't be sorry for it. It got the best death possible: A saint's death. It passed away while sleeping, with no long convalesce.

Offline snarfarlarkus

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 02 December 2019, 20:48:34 »
Don't be sorry for it. It got the best death possible: A saint's death. It passed away while sleeping, with no long convalesce.

Hahah thanks for the laugh but she is my favourite keyboard and I cannot afford another one :(

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 02:01:12 »
you could try to open it up and reconnect the main board to the daughter board to see if that works. Could be that after years it wasn't plugged in all the way and came lose yesterday.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline JerkChicken456

« Reply #4 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 02:03:43 »
worst case you could just buy a new controller? perhaps hasu?

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 06:56:32 »
The HASU controller is nice. But, if the fault is not in the controller you may end with a nice HASU board, no keyboard and 85 dollars less in your pocket.

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 03 December 2019, 07:29:44 »
Hey everyone, I woke up this morning and my HHKB just stopped responding? It was working perfectly last night and I nothing happened over night that could affect its functionality?

When plugging it into my PC and laptop, the windows usb plug in and out sound plays but the inputs are not registered and it just doesn't work. Any help please?

F in the chat

Offline donnghia

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 04 December 2019, 06:17:47 »
The HASU controller is nice. But, if the fault is not in the controller you may end with a nice HASU board, no keyboard and 85 dollars less in your pocket.

What else can be the problem?

May be USB Ports ? The whole main-board is broken seem very rare I think...