Author Topic: hothardware  (Read 3581 times)

Offline lam47

hothardware
« on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 11:51:15 »
Not sure if it has been posted before or not and BigwopHH is probably too modest to blow his own trumpet but I have been enjoying his reviews on this here site.
http://hothardware.com/
He writes very well and does not use ridiculously long sentences devoid of punctuation and direction like I did.

If you are at all interested in PCs and tech stuff and I know you are because you are into keyboards so it just stands to reason that you would be interested in what you plug your keyboards into as well,
go and have a look.
Keyboards. Happy Hacking pro 2 x2. One white one black. IBM model M US layout. SGI silicone Graphics with rubber dampened ALPS. IBM model F. ALPS apple board, I forget what it is. And some more I forget what I have.

Typewriters. Olivetti Valentine. Imperial Good Companion Model T. Olympia SM3

Offline itlnstln

hothardware
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 11:58:18 »
I'm the guy second from the left.

Offline itlnstln

hothardware
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 12:05:55 »
Quote from: ripster;97393
The Stallion.

He got strangled by simply pinching his nose though.

I guess he wasn't a mouth breather.  Shameful, but I have never watched the Sopranos.

Offline itlnstln

hothardware
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 12:06:26 »
So much TV, so little time.

Offline zwmalone

hothardware
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 12:19:23 »
HotHardware actually gets alot of exposure... they were dugg as recently as this week for the Lenovo review that they ran...
Can't get enough of them ALPS

Offline bigpook

hothardware
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 12:39:50 »
Quote from: ripster;97388
Marco da man.  I always send "What Keyboard Do I Buy" keyboard noobies to Marcos overview first.

Plus, he's Italian so you know he's cool.

Show Image

Hmm, of the 5 guys in the picture, only one made it to the end of the series. IIRC, Pauly didn't get killed.

Big **** got shot to death on a boat, Chrisopher was a junkie and Tony killed him, Sylvio got shot ( so maybe I am wrong, he may have lived ) and Tony got killed in the last episode.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline Rajagra

hothardware
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 13:21:03 »
Quote from: itlnstln;97396
Shameful, but I have never watched the Sopranos.

There is a 27 minute video summarising every episode of every series here:
http://vimeo.com/2998698?pg=embed&sec=

Contains some strong language!

Offline bigpook

hothardware
« Reply #7 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 13:44:24 »
The Soprano's was the main reason I even had HBO. I loved that series. No more Soprano's no more HBO.
HHKB Pro 2 : Unicomp Spacesaver : IBM Model M : DasIII    

Offline wellington1869

hothardware
« Reply #8 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 13:55:53 »
Quote from: bigpook;97441
The Soprano's was the main reason I even had HBO. I loved that series. No more Soprano's no more HBO.

I remember renting the first season on dvd from blockbuster and being absolutely blown away by it.

I rented all the other seasons but it got a bit old after season two or three. (atleast, when you watch them all in a row like we did on dvd, lol).  But ya, it was *very* cool.  *love* the opening song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y4u52__vUY&feature=related

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline wellington1869

hothardware
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 14:36:15 »
Quote from: ripster;97451
Oh, that's who did the song - I thought it was a Tom Waitts clone or something.

Alabama 3 never got screen credit BTW.

i'd never heard of them before... i checked out their other stuff on youtube but I didnt like the rest of their stuff as much as I liked this song. Of course part of the song's appeal in the series is how well it goes with the opening montage (and general theme of the show). (The bass line for instance seems to work really well as a  'driving' song as in the opening credits).
 Also I believe they used a shorter version of the song for the opening.

The sopranos intro

I do like the way alabama 3 mixes different genres and instruments (from gospel, techno, rap, blues, country, etc) but I couldnt really get into their other stuff, lol.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2009, 14:49:51 by wellington1869 »

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

hothardware
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 14:39:52 »
Quote from: lam47;97383
Not sure if it has been posted before or not and BigwopHH is probably too modest to blow his own trumpet but I have been enjoying his reviews on this here site.
http://hothardware.com/
He writes very well and does not use ridiculously long sentences devoid of punctuation and direction like I did.

If you are at all interested in PCs and tech stuff and I know you are because you are into keyboards so it just stands to reason that you would be interested in what you plug your keyboards into as well,
go and have a look.

seconding bigwop's site, and not just because he's sending me a topre 87u or because he used one of my pics in his clicky keyboards review ;D

Offline itlnstln

hothardware
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 18 June 2009, 14:43:21 »
@ripster:

DVD?  Streaming Netflix FTW.  (Unless they have it on Bluray, but the Wire wasn't, so I doubt the Sopranos would be, either.)