Author Topic: PSA on ripster  (Read 44379 times)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
Re: PSA on ripster
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:11:43 »
Thank you for the explanation. It's a "you had to have seen it to know" sort of thing, is what I'm coming to find.

Just imagine demik, bee, moose, and kirkle combined into a ****posting megazord, deprive it of sleep for 36 hours, and place it in a room full of Legos. That should give you some idea. ;)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:12:16 »
Thank you for the explanation. It's a "you had to have seen it to know" sort of thing, is what I'm coming to find.

Just imagine demik, bee, moose, and kirkle combined into a ****posting megazord, deprive it of sleep for 36 hours, and place it in a room full of Legos. That should give you some idea. ;)

:))

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:15:30 »

My new sig.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:15:36 »

I'm not sure if I should be sad or glad I wasn't a part of the ****posting megazord.

Glad?

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:17:05 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:20:07 »
keep looking. https://www.reddit.com/r/keyboardcirclejerk/comments/47lyio/whew_for_a_while_there_i_thought_they_banned_all/

Oh wow.  I am always amazed at how reddit sucks up to ripster; the guy(?) is pathetic.
At the same time, I've seen many there who were vocal on how annoyed they were by ripster, and he's gotten his share of downvotes.

Also, there's an /r/keyboard subreddit?!

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:21:44 »

Pls. Me > all those scrubs.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline mobbo

• u fk
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:37:57 »

hi demik it is an honor to finally meet u
Quote from: Binge
crumping is like twerking but it's all about getting low with force.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #58 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:39:54 »

Wasn't around for moose or kirkle.

I am a fan of Legos though. Might create some bias.

Offline Bromono

• Wanabe Cicerone
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • HHKB > Your Opinion
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:39:56 »
Rude!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:43:09 »

Imagine the room is full of K'nex then.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #61 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:47:31 »

hi demik it is an honor to finally meet u

Ay bby

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #62 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:48:05 »

Megablocks

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #63 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:48:07 »

Moose got banned late last year right? Was here at the tail end of it.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #64 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 18:52:34 »
Why you dudes talking **** to people that can't defend themselves?

I'll 1v1 all of you in the name of moose and kirk

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #65 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:48:31 »

Let be honest he was **** talking me at the end for no reason and went off "." Everything afterwards

I will 1v1 u and win

Kirkle was okay though
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #66 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 19:56:50 »

Let be honest he was **** talking me at the end for no reason and went off "." Everything afterwards

I will 1v1 u and win

Kirkle was okay though

#noteverymoose

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #67 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:03:48 »

:eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #68 on: Thu, 25 February 2016, 20:43:47 »

Megablocks

Playmobil

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline Tyr

« Reply #69 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 04:28:09 »
Oh wow.  I am always amazed at how reddit sucks up to ripster; the guy(?) is pathetic.

He does a good job moderating r/mk IMHO and is a good resource there. People like me who did not take part in the earlier "scene drama" have no reason to dislike him.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 05:17:36 »

I will 1v1 u and win

Kirkle was okay though

#noteverymoose
#onlymooseicareabout
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 06:12:58 »
keep looking. https://www.reddit.com/r/keyboardcirclejerk/comments/47lyio/whew_for_a_while_there_i_thought_they_banned_all/

At the same time, I've seen many there who were vocal on how annoyed they were by ripster, and he's gotten his share of downvotes.

Also, there's an /r/keyboard subreddit?!
Yeah its essentially ripster talking to himself. Really sad.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 06:52:09 »
We need to just live and let die. Some bitter or immature souls at /r love to bash GH, and that's fine. Information like the OP is helpful, but I'm personally going to stop spending any of my time ripping (heh) on them. I knew Ripster when he was here and he hasn't changed or matured over the last 5 years. He probably won't ever, and no amount of hand wringing on our part will make him any better. 
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #73 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 13:57:56 »
I just want to post in YET ANOTHER RIPSTER THREAD.

Ripster doesn't keep Ripster alive, we do. Why? Because we love to see a train wreck so much. Just like reality tv and Donny Tramp. We can't wait to hear what he'll do next. It's just like a meeting. No one cares until the door gets closed...it's the unknown. People love a mystery.

He was banned, which really isn't that big of a deal, and the final straw wasn't that much more of a big deal, relatively. It was just way past due for the time for everyone to move on. It was obvious nothing was going to change until some action took place, good-bad-indifferent. GH has changed, just like everything changes. I've been typing on this forum since summer '09. **** changes.

The 'mystery' is the perceived 'pseudo-quietness' of the mods about the whole topic and peoples ridiculous compulsion to gossip. The actual reasons have actually been posted in at least two threads a couple months after the ban. I guess that's why members from that era don't ask the question anymore. I'm tempted to repeat the things right now in this thread, but that would end the mystery that y'all love to pore over so much. And overall maybe it's better to respect the GH directive to just leave that old stale turd episode alone.

BACK TO KEYBOARDS!
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:16:11 »
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:17:32 »

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:30:16 »
(Attachment Link)

I always pictured him heavier than that..

Wasn't there a pic of him on Reddit last year biting a keyboard? If it's him he looks fairly thin.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #77 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:30:48 »
(Attachment Link)

Wasn't there a pic of him on Reddit last year biting a keyboard? If it's him he looks fairly thin.

What's Reddit?

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #78 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:31:39 »
(Attachment Link)

What's Reddit?

A website.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #79 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 14:21:02 »

To quote one of the favorites here: Glass houses man, glass houses

Im not sure if getting into keyboards as late as I did have made the drama more or less juicy and fun. On one hand I have a distance to the whole thing and couldnt really care less about who throws the pie at what clown, on the other hand being more emotionally involved would invoke more feelings and a sense of us vs them. Right now Im just enjoy the pettiness of the whole thing

Surprised that he actually makes new accounts. But then again most of the most vocal anti Reddit people here have accounts and do post from time to time
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 09:28:47 »
Hey ripster, if you read this, get some therapy, if you care about your general mental health and happiness.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 10:22:05 »
I read through a lot of his stuff on Reddit.... Guy desperately misses GH.  He also hasn't matured one bit.  I feel bad for the kid.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #82 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 19:49:40 »
I read through a lot of his stuff on Reddit.... Guy desperately misses GH.  He also hasn't matured one bit.  I feel bad for the kid.

General impression is that he is somewhat older than a "kid".
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline smknjoe

• I like tactile, clicky, switches.
« Reply #83 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 19:56:28 »

:D

When Ripster went so did the wiki we had here. It was better than DT's at the time...
SSKs for everyone!

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #84 on: Sat, 02 April 2016, 19:57:01 »

Right, I'm guessing closer to 40.
SSKs for everyone!

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 00:23:13 »

My impression is older than that. Could be wrong though.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 00:32:10 »

My impression is older than that. Could be wrong though.

Mine as well.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #87 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 12:48:29 »
I came across Ripsters name/address through a vendor.

I was drinking one afternoon and stalked his house since I was nearby anyhow. Then I was on the phone sitting there for about 20 mins, he came out (it was definitely him), looked and looked and looked at the different car parked by his house with a dude on the phone. Looked right AT me. He's more like 140 years old. And he wears a Keebler elf tuc, velveteen slippers with the toes curled up, and skips rather than walks. I wanted to hug the little guy.

When I was done with the phone call, I peed in the bushes and left.

Offline kurplop

• THE HERO WE DON'T DESERVE
« Reply #88 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 15:53:50 »
Mmmmmmaaaaaaaaaannnnnn. Didn't you know that people don't like being stalked?

(Or have people peeing in their bushes, either.)

Offline appleonama

• Trollo en USA
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #89 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 15:55:40 »

Offline smknjoe

« Reply #90 on: Sun, 03 April 2016, 17:07:12 »
I came across Ripsters name/address through a vendor.

I was drinking one afternoon and stalked his house since I was nearby anyhow. Then I was on the phone sitting there for about 20 mins, he came out (it was definitely him), looked and looked and looked at the different car parked by his house with a dude on the phone. Looked right AT me. He's more like 140 years old. And he wears a Keebler elf tuc, velveteen slippers with the toes curled up, and skips rather than walks. I wanted to hug the little guy.

When I was done with the phone call, I peed in the bushes and left.

lulz
SSKs for everyone!

Offline klennkellon

• I like bottoming out
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 18:50:08 »
I imagine Ripster is like this, except he is talking about keyboards.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #92 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 01:55:24 »
Holy ****! That's HIM! Epic rant!
But how did you find him and get him to perform for the video?

Via iPhone 6 Plus/iPad Mini + Tapatalk VIP + while driving 70mph

Offline jaffers

« Reply #93 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 01:59:06 »

From what I understand he is even older than 40

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #94 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 02:02:53 »
More like 140

Offline jaffers

« Reply #95 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 02:42:35 »

Under-rated post tbh

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 06:56:43 »
Why is he so hated? Did he try to kill someone with a membrane keyboard, instead of doing it with a model M?

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 07:29:53 »
He is revered.
It's my self-appointed job to keep him relevant.
In retrospect, I miss his irreverent humor.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #98 on: Sat, 06 August 2016, 21:59:51 »
Why is he so hated? Did he try to kill someone with a membrane keyboard, instead of doing it with a model M?

There's hundreds of threads on this subject.

R.I.P.ster.

Offline Giorgio

« Reply #99 on: Sun, 07 August 2016, 06:30:04 »

There's hundreds of threads on this subject.

R.I.P.ster.

Hundreds of threads, but the truth isn't written in them.