Author Topic: In search for some thick WYSE doubleshot keycaps.  (Read 1691 times)

Offline wompwomp

In search for some thick WYSE doubleshot keycaps.
« on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 01:05:13 »
I'm on the hunt for these guys, but I'm having a difficult time locating them. I don't believe they are any group buys on them at the moment so I figured I'll just hunt for a WYSE keyboard and salvage their keycaps. The problem is I don't know which model to search for. These keycaps will be used on my filco tenkeyless (US layout).

Any links would be extremely helpful (ebay).
« Last Edit: Thu, 15 March 2012, 01:09:15 by wompwomp »

Offline Autolyze

« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 13:13:03 »
You should post a WTB in the classifieds and see if anyone bites.

As far as I know, none of the models are going to have a full set of keys that's 100% compatible with a Filco, since they all have funky modifiers. If you're planning on getting Wyse keycaps, you should get in on the Wyse moogle kit group buy now, because today is the last day to order. http://geekhack.org/showthread.php?27844-ORDERING-WYSE-Moogle-Kits!

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 March 2012, 14:23:15 »
My WYSE 50 had thick keycaps, but my WYSE 60 didn't. Ofcourse it also had stepped modifiers and almost no compatibility with modern keyboard beyond the alphanumeric and function keys.

Offline hella

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 02:17:28 »
I believe I have a full set with -1 of the control keys.  Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig the board up.