Author Topic: [IC] Belafonte Terminal - A Life Aquatic Inspired Keyset  (Read 45174 times)

Offline onishima

• supra omnia ludere
Any word Onishima?

Sorry for the hold up. I'll be hashing out more details and designs this weekend.

Definitely going for standard font legends, SA double-shot with separate custom double shot mods available.

Offline SL89

Any word Onishima?

Sorry for the hold up. I'll be hashing out more details and designs this weekend.

Definitely going for standard font legends, SA double-shot with separate custom double shot mods available.

No worries, thank you for the update  :thumb:

Offline Manchias

I don't really like the color. For my opinion, I prefer something really bright or dark. Your color is something in the middle.

Offline mtl

The color is the whole point of this set. It looks just right to me but maybe somebody needs to ask Wes.
MX13 SpaceSaver | Phantom | Tactoblack Filco -10 | Realforce 103U-UW | Variable Clicky Deck 82 | Deck Legend

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist

Smart man going for the golden choice of SA Profile  ;D .

Don't forget here on Geekhack no one buys PAD Printed rubbish because it's the ultimate cheapo, lazy option to go with.  Double-shot reigns supreme, although if you could find someone who can do successful dye-sub manufacture then that comes close to being perfect.

BUT beggars can't be choosers here because what can not be made and delivered don't waste time on considering it.  Go with the SP standard double-shot because it's the ONLY manufacture process they could do without too many stuff-ups.

Needless to say I'll buy into this Group Buy only for the SA profiles being offered  8) .

Offline Leimi

Really great looking set :)

Would love to see it in blanks. The colors are really great but I'm afraid white text on it wouldn't look that well with a contrast that low.

Offline SL89

Any word on this?

Offline velocirabbit

I hope it's still being worked on. This set looks great so far.

Offline pharaoh

More references
hhkb type-s| jd40 | jd45 | keycool87

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]

havent seen you in a while :)
i too hope this set is just put on hold until after the new year.
i know the end of this year just snuck up on me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.

When did you pass 1000 posts?  Congrats :)

You are entitled to a star now, going to ask for one?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]

When did you pass 1000 posts?  Congrats :)

You are entitled to a star now, going to ask for one?

Haha thanks.
Yeah I noticed the other day.
I have no need for a star as of now,
I'll ask in the future once I feel more keyboard-accomplished.

Paging onishima!
I hope you're busy and still want to do this in the future.

Offline HydraDyne

Seems like this place died, it's a shame too, I would like a keycap set based of that movie...

Offline SL89

Someday... Some how...

Offline doodersbrother

Damn, would be great if we could get this going.

Offline Peddamann

would be interested if there might be an option/child set with ISO/ISO DE

Offline onishima

• supra omnia ludere
Thought I'd stop by and apologize for letting this die.

You'll be pleased to know that Zambumon (of http://zambumon.github.io/) messaged me on Reddit and is interested in picking this back up.

Hope he doesn't mind if I quote him : "For now, what I can say is that I'll work on it with M1to and will also consult with T0mb3ry. The set would probably be DSA due to the current SP backlog, but Cherry profile will be also considered."

Sorry again, and I'm excited this is finally going to happen!

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
As Onishima said, I'm going to pick this project and try to see what happens. So far, I've figured out:
  • Color scheme: Based on Onishima's mockups, the closest colors are BFL (alphas), BX(dark blue mods), YCF(yellow mods), RA(red mods), and WCK(white legends)
  • Novelties: the current novelties and shouldn't be replaced. My intention is to find a couple more to finish the set.
  • Profile: I've been thinking about DSA or SA R3 due to the Novelties.
  • Child deals: Alphas or 60% as a base kit. International layouts: UK, Nordic, German, and probably some other layouts depending on the interest

Offline tuco

I'd get this if it happens. Thanks

Offline SL89

the RA needs to be more orange if possible, i feel like all the colors are juuuuust off a little bit lol

either way, nice mockup

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
Hmmmm, kind of a cool colorway you got cooking here.  I may be interested in this depending on price point and child kits.
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline Corusco

I'd love to see this come about. +1 for an ergodox set. If there isn't sufficient interest for that, I'd vie for DSA so it'll be easier to fill the mods up on my own.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
the RA needs to be more orange if possible, i feel like all the colors are juuuuust off a little bit lol

either way, nice mockup

YCF is a perfect match with the original mockups, the rest are as close as possible. Instead of RA we could use OB, but it would be way to orange.

I'd love to see this come about. +1 for an ergodox set. If there isn't sufficient interest for that, I'd vie for DSA so it'll be easier to fill the mods up on my own.

Ergodox, Planck, and Preonic would be covered.

In addition: Neutrino, Kmack Happy, HHKB-like boards, Whitefox, Winkeyless, FC660M… all those boards would be covered too.

Thanks for the input!

edit:

« Last Edit: Mon, 25 April 2016, 16:15:54 by Zambumon »

Offline Potatoes

I like it. Marking just in case thins work out (I hope!).

Offline youwearajacket

As Onishima said, I'm going to pick this project and try to see what happens. So far, I've figured out:
  • Color scheme: Based on Onishima's mockups, the closest colors are BFL (alphas), BX(dark blue mods), YCF(yellow mods), RA(red mods), and WCK(white legends)
  • Novelties: the current novelties and shouldn't be replaced. My intention is to find a couple more to finish the set.
  • Profile: I've been thinking about DSA or SA R3 due to the Novelties.
  • Child deals: Alphas or 60% as a base kit. International layouts: UK, Nordic, German, and probably some other layouts depending on the interest

Show Image

Show Image

i signed up just to thank you for continuing this! I hope it comes out in the future, eventually!

Offline imprevade

I'd be interested if it was doubleshot, otherwise no.

Offline Zambumon

• * Esteemed Elder
  • discord.zambumon.com
    • Keyset projects
I'd be interested if it was doubleshot, otherwise no.
The title isn't correct (and I cannot change it). The set would be Doubleshot DSA.

Offline Mattc777

• Lost Keys
Definitely on board for this set if it is DSA.  Love the movie - love the colors and feel of this set.  :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
Definitely on board for this set if it is DSA.  Love the movie - love the colors and feel of this set.  :thumb:

+1

Offline duras

That DSA render looks really good. Also would be interested in this set.

Offline tiltdown

Love to see this set. Hope it will be in production soon!

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい
Love to see this set. Hope it will be in production soon!

Worry not tiltdown, we are working on it!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
interested and following.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Deeree1867

Maybe this will be revived out of no where

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

Just a heads up for the GH community, since another member brought the theme to light, me and Zambumon are working on this project together and the estimated release for our version is late 2016 (DSA) and early 2017 (SA). Feel free to make your requests and contribute with ideas, we are always listening. And again thank you @onishima for granting us the honor to develop and work on this fantastic keycap set of yours, we'll make it a reality. More updates and information coming soon.

Offline Parzival

I am down for this set in DSA, I like the colors alot, just not the SA profile

Offline Jedi

Registering interest. Kinda got that Godspeed feel to it, but in a good way. Let's see how this turns out.

Offline MikeTheTiger

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Just a heads up for the GH community, since another member brought the theme to light, me and Zambumon are working on this project together and the estimated release for our version is late 2016 (DSA) and early 2017 (SA). Feel free to make your requests and contribute with ideas, we are always listening. And again thank you @onishima for granting us the honor to develop and work on this fantastic keycap set of yours, we'll make it a reality. More updates and information coming soon.

I guess this was buried so far down in the "interest checks" forum that I didn't see it. It's great to see you guys pick it up with @onishima's blessing. And with input from @T0mb3ry, this is surely going to be a must have!

Offline niksko

I'm interested in this! Incredible film and this colorway is really interesting.

Offline PrinceRobotIV

This is an incredible theme for a keyset. Would certainly be interested for this to be my first SA keycap set!
Good luck in getting this produced!
Pok3r MX Brown | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clear

Offline Slash Emperor

• Lust for life lost, keyboards acquired.
I'd love to get a Wes Anderson-inspired keyset!

DSA or SA would be fine with me.

Offline TheWhiteAndTheBlue

Just adding to the interest. I use a bunch of different profiles and enjoy both. It's the colorway I'm excited about.

Offline MediocreBadGuy23

I think it'd look great in SA but I would be down for some DSA

Offline MiTo

• Banned
  • にんたい

It's gonna get made on both profiles.

Offline duynguyenle

• Personal text? What personal text???

It's gonna get made on both profiles.

Hi Mito, really great colourway. Do you have any renders of the comprehensive kit and what layout compatibilities you will offer? I recently moved to a 1800 board and would be great to pick up a set that support that layout (if in DSA the profile wouldn't matter, so it's mainly the differentces in the numpad cluster and small right shift, along with provisions for some 1u blanks or 1u Ctrl, Alt and Winkey.

Keep up the great work!
| QFR            | Leeku 1800    | Raptor K1      | Dolch Pac

Offline gerankle

Great idea! Would definitely purchase. +1 to interested.

Offline mathilda

I will not buy this set if it's pad printed.    Please make it double shot and increase the price per set a bit.

IMHO the Enter key should be red

Offline Humblestudmuffin

I'm in for a set!

Offline PrinceRobotIV

I will not buy this set if it's pad printed.    Please make it double shot and increase the price per set a bit.

IMHO the Enter key should be red

What's the downside to pad printing? Does key fading become an issue?
Pok3r MX Brown | Ducky Shine 4 MX Clear

Offline tabasco

Any updates on this set? Seems like there hasn't been much news...